PDA

View Full Version : Lanage (Ut2k4 tourny) |:::| Cable+ only

Mr Friendly
15-04-04, 00:18
thought u guys might like this...'interesting' section of the UT2k4 tourny recorded at our LAN :p

if u do NOT laugh at this...u arent a gamer, u must be lost here...@_@

Click to Listen here (http://www.spherical.net/ff5/asff5_ut2004.avi)

Shadow Dancer
15-04-04, 00:19
Link doesn't work.

Mr Friendly
15-04-04, 00:22
its 5mb, give it time :p funny as hell though :D

Mr Friendly
15-04-04, 00:26
correction....24mb...sry >_<

Mr Friendly
15-04-04, 02:32
or just right-click & choose "save as" to download

jiga
15-04-04, 03:04
is just sound?

jiga
15-04-04, 03:09
i don't get it :rolleyes:

XSuneX
15-04-04, 03:14
I laughed when he said "I hate this game!" and the other guy said, "but you'll play it forever" :D

And then he is like "I am the champion", and grunting like he is taking a shit.

Then the other guy said "I let you win".

Sounds like good times. :)

Mr Friendly
15-04-04, 08:09
shoulda seen the guy that won ddr...@_@

yea, its an audio file, just listen :p if uve ever been to a LAN ull laugh long & hard :p

Kenjuten
15-04-04, 15:22
It's 5 minutes total...

Holy shit that's funny xD

And it's so much funnier with visual! You gotta see it! :D

Wait...you guys see it audio-only? O_o

Odd, I see video also.

Get the latest version of DivX and you'll see the visuals.

It's worth it! :)

icarium
15-04-04, 15:38
bet its not as funny as the last lan i went to. they had the ut2k4 tournies up on a big projector on the wall with sound, with text to speech enabled. w00t lol. kept us amused for about 20 minutes =/

downloading this now =)

edit: not that funny :P

incidently i assume neither of those 2 had played UT2k4 before? were the prizes good? i.e worth the air fare to come over and win? :D

kurai
15-04-04, 16:34
incidently i assume neither of those 2 had played UT2k4 before? were the prizes good? i.e worth the air fare to come over and win? :DIndeed - looked like a private party thing rather than a tournament.
They were rather shit at it :D

Shadow Dancer
15-04-04, 17:25
I heard it, but I couldn't make out what they were saying.

Damn.

kurai
15-04-04, 17:31
I heard it, but I couldn't make out what they were saying.Video is encoded with DivX 5.0 - audio is standard MPEG1-layer 3.

Mr Friendly
15-04-04, 22:16
It's 5 minutes total...

Holy shit that's funny xD

And it's so much funnier with visual! You gotta see it! :D

Wait...you guys see it audio-only? O_o

Odd, I see video also.

Get the latest version of DivX and you'll see the visuals.

It's worth it! :)

yea, for some reason i aint seein the video.....prolly need to reinstall divx for the codec since i just carried the files over when i reformatted >_<
saw the video on my friends laptop so yup, was the divx codec u need to see it
Get it here (www.divx.com)

Mr Friendly
15-04-04, 22:18
incidently i assume neither of those 2 had played UT2k4 before? were the prizes good? i.e worth the air fare to come over and win? :D

actually no, scott (the one who won) is awesome at the game & so is jimmy. me, jimmy, & jeff, all took scott on & suprisingly he was able to keep up his main base & 2 more & in DM, won by about 3 kills @_@ im gettin em to come back to neocron :p ph34r

chris (the guy that said "i hate this game") always plays diablo II & other rpg's - he hardly ever plays FPSs, so...

icarium
15-04-04, 23:21
well tbh by watching both of them play i can assure you they arent good. mainly by the way they move. in the time it took him to get half way round the map i would have been round twice and poached all the weapons, and probably killed him a few times for good measure 8|

evs
15-04-04, 23:56
Looks like you had fun.

To be honest you and your freinds - or whoever was playing were terrible - like really, really bad :D
The guy who won played like he'd never seen the game before and it was his 1st game 8|

Little hints such as his movement and aim being all over the shop kinda gave this away.

One guy was running around and jumping constantly like he was in q3 - boost dodging and wall jumps are the key my friend, and another had a RL/LG and was running around with an assault out :confused:

2ndly - for it to look 10000% times more impressive on the big screen, next time in console type

BEHINDVIEW 0

this will give and in eye view of the player you are camming.

Still looked like a good laugh :)
Just dont get any illusions of grandeur hrhrhrh

Mr Friendly
17-04-04, 02:59
well tbh by watching both of them play i can assure you they arent good. mainly by the way they move. in the time it took him to get half way round the map i would have been round twice and poached all the weapons, and probably killed him a few times for good measure 8|

talk smack all u want :p unless u play in the 'stats' servers of ut2k4, ull lose to scott :p

Little hints such as his movement and aim being all over the shop kinda gave this away.

that would be jimmy - :P hes only good at certina games hes used to

icarium
17-04-04, 13:25
ut2k3 i was number 10 of alltime and number 2 for the week in the double domination normal weapon rankings (epic rankings website). thats the whole of europe iirc.

smack talk? moi?

oh and evs was on the UK UT team. and hes currently in one of the better clans in the country for ut2k4. trust us, we know what we are talking about lol

Kenjuten
17-04-04, 18:10
Pay attention! :p

He said 'unless you play on the 'stats' servers' xD

Basically, he's just saying Scott is the best amateur, which isn't a bad thing. :angel:

icarium
17-04-04, 21:58
Pay attention! :p

He said 'unless you play on the 'stats' servers' xD

Basically, he's just saying Scott is the best amateur, which isn't a bad thing. :angel:

what he said was i would lose to him, i was pointing out that after having seen him play this was very unlikely :p

Kenjuten
18-04-04, 00:21
UNLESS you are teh hardcore gamer, which you apparently are.

icarium
18-04-04, 01:10
not especially, i play ut for an hour sometimes 2 a day. i'm just naturally good at fps games :)

Kenjuten
18-04-04, 02:50
Heh, I didn't mean it in the sense of time, but in the sense of skill.

I'll just try this again cuz I'm bored :p

He said you can talk shit all you want; unless you play on stats servers (which you not only do but are good at) you'll lose to the guy...thus he's just an amateur. :)

icarium
18-04-04, 13:15
as long as we both agree i'd beat him thats ok :lol: :p