PDA

View Full Version : Who plays Lineage2 and what Server class name and Lvl are you?

Tupac
14-04-04, 23:01
Kain

Oebimaru
Dark elve Warrior
Lvl7

some cunt took ma name!! :mad:

Nash_Brigham
15-04-04, 00:53
Kain

Oebimaru
Dark elve Warrior
Lvl7

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. Reminds me too much of Shadowbane with less content and prettier graphics. No thanks.

jernau
15-04-04, 01:01
Downloading now for the THIRD time. I don't know if it's their server or my ISP but someone is due a kicking if it isn't here tomorrow morning....

Lexxuk
15-04-04, 01:05
I cant be bothered downloading that thing again, did it for 2 beta's, and, pfft. Downloadin Priston Tales now, and waitin with baited breath for Ryzom (which has MASSIVE advertising on Fileplanet, though I found it thru google hehehe)... 5 days left :D

jernau
15-04-04, 01:09
I'm also waiting on Ryzom although I'm not entirely sure what state the beta is at. Last I checked it was closed but now I hear FP suckers are getting in so maybe I'll be playing soon...

Pristontale is dull as mud IMO. I tried it for a while because a mate was raving about it. Even with his help getting going it was somehow both hugely boring and very confusing at the same time. Not confusing in a "hey, that interesting, how do I do that?" way but more in a "where the fuck has my chatbox gone?" or "where's the goddam map/inventory/town?" way. Also no PvP put me to sleep real quick.

Lexxuk
15-04-04, 01:18
Ryzom is in Open Beta, PC Gamer has the game on DVD, FP for subscribers, so I'm just looking for something to keep me going to then, coz Ryz looks totally awsome from the movies I downloaded. Though I'm not sure of the gameplay, but it does seem immersive, and I am hoping for some PVP.

jernau
15-04-04, 01:28
Goddam I told myself I'd never waste money on that crappy rag again.

I wonder if I can bribe a scally to lift the disc from Woolies....

massic
15-04-04, 01:38
Tried Ryzom last night, crashed more times in an hour than neocron, uninstalled it.

Granted it's still in beta, but i couldn't play it for more than 2 minutes without crashing.

For the 3, minute and a half, moments that i got to see it, it looked pretty much like AO, point, click, wait, style of fighting.

RuButt
15-04-04, 01:41
bartz: lvl8 fighter orc
bartz: lvl 11 human fighter
sieghatrd: lvl 16 DE mage
gustin: lvl 14 DE fighter
lionna: lvl 6 dwarf

trying to try out everything :o

Lexxuk
15-04-04, 01:44
Goddam I told myself I'd never waste money on that crappy rag again.

I wonder if I can bribe a scally to lift the disc from Woolies....

Or wait till the 20th for the honour of waiting 1 hour to download it from File Planet :P

@ massic - Beta is all about testing for bugs, you dont uninstall it and sod off, you report the bugs. Hope your not planning to be in DOY Beta :lol: :lol: :lol:

dangfoo
15-04-04, 02:35
Kain

Cutor

Dark Elf

Level 23 Assassin >8]

Damn fun game, going red is not recommened tho, you get like 500 people hunting you lmao

Myrlin
15-04-04, 03:23
Kain

Oebimaru
Dark elve Warrior
Lvl7

Ha! Coo and I play on Kain. We saw a guy named Tupac running around and wondered if it was you.

EDIT:

Myrlin
Kain
Elven Scout
Lvl 19

Coo
Kain
Elven Scout
Lvl 19

LiL T
15-04-04, 03:37
heh biggest pile of shite it will die in 5 months after release why?

cos my dad plays lin 1 and he plays it like everyday and to him lin 2 is a pile off dog shit ahah lin 2 sucks nice try for them but its not gonna work and it still takes like 2 months of play to get 1 sword that you can hunt with. oh and if you want a good sword you need to play for about 6 months none stop and thats no fucking joke niceone waste of time or not able too spend RL time on it thats whats the makers of lin forget people do have lives

hivemind
15-04-04, 03:43
Holy crap. Can someone translate that? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Punctuation is your friend man... :( :( :(

LiL T
15-04-04, 03:46
done :)

well to my best when I'm abit drunk

Shadow Dancer
15-04-04, 03:53
How's the pvp in Lin 2?

What about the spellcasting system?

SorkZmok
15-04-04, 04:01
Chimaera - Novice Carbineer, Novice Fencer.

Oh, wait.... :lol:

jernau
15-04-04, 04:17
Well the thing about Lineage 1 is that people did play it that hard. The number of insane powergamers in L1 boggles the mind.

I don't think there's any doubt L2 will be a huge success in it's core markets.

Spoon
15-04-04, 04:44
Bartz: Carn lvl14 human Mage
Sieghardt: Lag0r lvl16 Human Fighter
Erica: Spoon lvl21 Human Warrior

Mainly playing on Erica at the moment....

@jernau
Use a download manager, it's almost impossible to get that file to complete anymore without timing out...

@SD
Fizzles aren't uncommon...... ;)
Pvp Might just boil down to has the best equipment, not positive yet, tho...

Xirus
15-04-04, 04:59
iam Playing Lineage 2 Beta too :D

Server : Gustin
Player : Seryus (Human)
Class : Fighter
Level : 7

Kasumi
15-04-04, 05:44
Player: Suka Ha (English Name)
Server: Secret
Race: Elf
Level: 60

You cant play with me so it doesnt matter.. ^-^

Edit: Add stuff so I dont sound rude! :)

MegaCorp
15-04-04, 07:39
I'm DarkWind on Gustin, 12th level Dark Elf Fighter. The game is much like DAOC, AC2, and Horizons. Far less content than DAOC / AC2, but a bit more than Horizons. Very limited skill set advancement; i.e. less than those other games. You can pretty much pvp anytime / anywhere. Has crashed twice in three days of extensive play. You lose some xp if you die after level 4; you can drop stuff on death but only if killed by a player not a mob - stuff you are using / wearing has less chance to drop than other items in your inventory.

Edit: I hear its also similar to Shadowbane, but i never played that one.

Spook

Shadow Dancer
15-04-04, 07:44
You lose some xp if you die after level 4;

UGHGHGHGHHG

2nd biggest turn off to me when it comes to mmorpgs. 1st being "ingredients" for magic.

How much is "some" xp?

And do you HAVE to team later on just to level?

Kasumi
15-04-04, 07:45
UGHGHGHGHHG

2nd biggest turn off to me when it comes to mmorpgs. 1st being "ingredients" for magic.

How much is "some" xp?

And do you HAVE to team later on just to level?
Yes, it almost impossible to level by yourself at level 50+ :) Also you get panalized if someone is more than 20 levels more than you in team leveling

Shadow Dancer
15-04-04, 07:48
Yes, it almost impossible to level by yourself at level 50+ :) Also you get panalized if someone is more than 20 levels more than you in team leveling

nooooo

:p

Well that depends. Is pvm fun?

What's magic like? Tell me Kas. :p

MegaCorp
15-04-04, 07:53
I hear you can solo up through 40+ without any real trouble, and that will take you quite a bit of game play.

I read all kinds of postings that said it was a waste of time to group before 40ish since there is not enough xp bonus for groups and the need for cash is very serious in the game and in groups you supposedly just dont get enough because of the dividing. Well ... I just grouped with a couple guys and it was just fine ... went from level 11 to almost 13 in just a couple hours - much faster than soloing, and the cash was still pretty good too. So dont always believe what you read. ;)

Dunno what the exact percentage of xp loss is on death. I have died maybe 4 or 5 times so far, and it wasnt ever enough to make me care or even notice how much i lost ... although i hear you can lose a level if you drop across a level boundary [shudder].

Spook

Nash_Brigham
15-04-04, 08:16
nooooo

:p

Well that depends. Is pvm fun?

What's magic like? Tell me Kas. :p
oyu like watching Paint dry, then PvM is fun. The game is mindnumbingly boring. And no offense to anyone, but anyone who has an interest in this game beyond beta, just really needs to find some new tastes.

Kasumi
15-04-04, 08:24
oyu like watching Paint dry, then PvM is fun. The game is mindnumbingly boring. And no offense to anyone, but anyone who has an interest in this game beyond beta, just really needs to find some new tastes.
I love Lineage II, I personally think it has a better community than most people in Neocron. I have found more Roleplayers in it than in Neocron. and I love the PvM in it.. ^-^

joran420
15-04-04, 08:41
erica

LvL 8
Warrior
DE
"Lookatmytits"

yeah i dunno its exactly like Mu online(as far as combat adn movement go)
with alot bigger world, more monsters, quests, etc.

but not really my style

Tupac
15-04-04, 08:45

LvL 60??? what da hell ?? lol gimme some cash im broke :(
Im also playing on Bartz
Sa5ukeKun (yes from naruto cos again someone stole my name)
Lvl 8
Dark elve warrior

Kasumi
15-04-04, 08:51
LvL 60??? what da hell ?? lol gimme some cash im broke :(
Im also playing on Bartz
Sa5ukeKun (yes from naruto cos again someone stole my name)
Lvl 8
Dark elve warrior
Do you play retail???

phunqe
15-04-04, 09:33
I actually tried L2 during easter.

Normally I don't like MMORPG's which involve a medieval theme (sort of), magicians and all that crap, but I say gaddaiiim... Some of them female characters do have some very very nice polygon features :p

Opar
15-04-04, 09:40
NC > L2!!!!!

*runs*

Kasumi
15-04-04, 09:42
NC > L2!!!!!

*runs*
*Throws stick at Opar* :p

phunqe
15-04-04, 09:54
I could not understand one thing though.
Why does characters in L2 run like they have to puke all the time?
What's up with the bend over running style?

Man that was annoying and ugly.

RuButt
15-04-04, 14:54
PvM is fun in team - friggin boring solo!

the game looks cool, and everything - the thing that bugs me is that u gotta walk everywhere..... aye... walk...

and walking really sucks, more teleports or early lvl mountable creatures is needed!

Kasumi
15-04-04, 15:38
PvM is fun in team - friggin boring solo!

the game looks cool, and everything - the thing that bugs me is that u gotta walk everywhere..... aye... walk...

and walking really sucks, more teleports or early lvl mountable creatures is needed!
I had no trouble walking around! IT was kind of interesting at times. :)

Lexxuk
15-04-04, 15:41

Walking = exercise, exercise = very bad, therefore, walking = very bad (just dont tell my physio next time I see her, she makes me exercise :( )

RuButt
15-04-04, 15:42

well... no it wasnt interesting - L2 made me watch Dr.Phil AND Oprah ... the walking part was the most boring thing ever... except when u went to new places - then it could be cool and confusing...

but still...

Kasumi
15-04-04, 15:43
well... no it wasnt interesting - L2 made me watch Dr.Phil AND Oprah ... the walking part was the most boring thing ever... except when u went to new places - then it could be cool and confusing...

but still...
Walk with friends and in groups and try a bit of roleplay with it and it is interesting ^_^

RuButt
15-04-04, 15:48
yeah roleplaying, my strong side! :p

yeah playing with friends is fun, but one of them got tired of the game and stopped! =P

but i dont think the RP is so big on the western servers

me: HAVE AT THEE!
guy1: -_-!? (wtf - but censored)
guy2: Y U AAATK !??!
girl1: HI!! AI IS CHANEESE ^_^
girl1: =*=^

Lexxuk
15-04-04, 15:49
girls play? whats the linkage? :D

RuButt
15-04-04, 15:50
girls play? whats the linkage? :D

no, but like, all the gal models have nothing but thongs on... so most guys that knew that when the made the chars - made a gal char!

Kasumi
15-04-04, 15:52
no, but like, all the gal models have nothing but thongs on... so most guys that knew that when the made the chars - made a gal char!
I am a girl and play it! hmph! high level character too! :P

Lexxuk
15-04-04, 15:52

see, i knew it, no girls play games >.<

/edit @ Above - girls dont play, ergo, u cant be a girl, so u must be a man pretending to be a gurl :P

J. Folsom
15-04-04, 15:56
see, i knew it, no girls play games >.<

/edit @ Above - girls dont play, ergo, u cant be a girl, so u must be a man pretending to be a gurl :P
Maybe she's a girl pretending to be a guy pretending to be a girl. :p

RuButt
15-04-04, 15:56
yeah - no chicks plays... or some do - but they are sluts.. and doesnt cunt

brbrbrbb MASH is on - quality comedy! =)

Lexxuk
15-04-04, 15:58
Maybe she's a girl pretending to be a guy pretending to be a girl. :p

no confusin me, i'm ill :p

/edit - omg ru, uber typo up there :D

Spoon
15-04-04, 16:15
I hear you can solo up through 40+ without any real trouble, and that will take you quite a bit of game play.

I read all kinds of postings that said it was a waste of time to group before 40ish since there is not enough xp bonus for groups and the need for cash is very serious in the game and in groups you supposedly just dont get enough because of the dividing. Well ... I just grouped with a couple guys and it was just fine ... went from level 11 to almost 13 in just a couple hours - much faster than soloing, and the cash was still pretty good too. So dont always believe what you read. ;)

Dunno what the exact percentage of xp loss is on death. I have died maybe 4 or 5 times so far, and it wasnt ever enough to make me care or even notice how much i lost ... although i hear you can lose a level if you drop across a level boundary [shudder].

Spook

I prefer to solo, and I've had no problems soloing so far....
The money and loot seems to be better soloing, but yeah, the XP is better in a party....

I've heard that the death penalty is random between 5% and 15%, which sounds right, last time I died, I lost 7%...
The higher the level you are, the more it hurts..... 8|

btw, the camera zoom and angles are interesting(see pic)..... :p

Kasumi
15-04-04, 16:18
I prefer to solo, and I've had no problems soloing so far....
The money and loot seems to be better soloing, but yeah, the XP is better in a party....

I've heard that the death penalty is random between 5% and 15%, which sounds right, last time I died, I lost 7%...
The higher the level you are, the more it hurts..... 8|

btw, the camera zoom and angles are interesting(see pic)..... :pEnglish is in open beta right??

I would also say YOU have to level with team at level 50 or more.. Unless you want to die alot, spend along time levelings.. months! :)

Shadow Dancer
15-04-04, 16:36
Some of them female characters do have some very very nice polygon features :p

That's one turn off for me IMO. All the "sexualization" in 3d games nowadays. If that makes sense. I like to have that crap separate from my games.

My m8 showed me a pic of a female dark elf.

Omg :rolleyes:

phunqe
15-04-04, 16:52
That's one turn off for me IMO. All the "sexualization" in 3d games nowadays. If that makes sense. I like to have that crap separate from my games.

My m8 showed me a pic of a female dark elf.

Omg :rolleyes:

Yeah, it does not fit the game genre. In NC ok (as NPCs), but not in Lineage's genre.

kurai
15-04-04, 16:56
Yeah, it does not fit the game genre. In NC ok (as NPCs), but not in Lineage's genre.Yeah - I think that's my biggest problem with it.

OK -NC has strippers. Fair enough in a redlight district.

What it doesn't have is all the female avatars running around during the course of their daily business with their arses hanging out, for no particuarly obvious reason.

Let's face it ... a good chunk of the female avatar animations seem to exist for no other reason than to flash their frillies :D

Lineage seems very much designed around the 12-16 year old male hormone frenzy demographic.

Spoon
15-04-04, 17:18
English is in open beta right??

I would also say YOU have to level with team at level 50 or more.. Unless you want to die alot, spend along time levelings.. months! :)

yeah, it's open beta till the end of April...

What I find funny, though, is that they're not going to whipe the servers for retail.
I find that pretty absurd.....
Just think what NC would have been like if wouldn't have whiped the servers before retail... 8|

Yes, I would imagine at some point I'll have to start teaming(my highest character is only level 21).....

Myrlin
15-04-04, 18:30

Kasumi are you a Silver Ranger or a Plains Walker or a magic user (can't remember their class names)?

Psycho_Soldier
15-04-04, 18:50
Impecca
Level 17 Elven Fighter (Only been playing 5 days)
Server: Erica (I picked that server because its not a congested as the others)

MegaCorp
15-04-04, 19:03
What I find funny, though, is that they're not going to whipe the servers for retail.
The players there pretty much feel that the "open beta" isn't/wasn't really a beta but rather just a marketing ploy to create an initial player base prior to retail. That would have been less successful if a wipe happened at retail - for example i for one would have waited, whereas now i am able to play for free and decide at retail whether to continue or not but still have my characters. So far its an okay game, assuming you enjoyed DAOC / AC2 / Horizons ... and if you havent played those others i suggest you choose one of those instead unless you like "open season" pvp which L2 provides.

Spook

jernau
15-04-04, 19:36
OK Downloaded and installed it last night.

Seems pretty good so far. The tutorials are missing a few things like how to equip items and stuff which is pretty silly but nowhere near as bad as NC was at retail launch.

Graphics are fantastic but the vomit-running looks stupid and I'd rather have direct control of movement than all this waypoint nonsense. Especailly as there's no routefinding algorithm. Maybe I'm missing something here.....

Oh well back to the fly-stabbing.... oh no it's goblins in this one ;).

Jernau
Lionne
Dark Elf with a knobbly stick, a blue flashy spell thing and dodgy trousers.

Lexxuk
15-04-04, 19:48
Dark Elf with a knobbly stick, a blue flashy spell thing and dodgy trousers.

hehehehehe (imagines Jernau lookin like that)

i'm tryin to download RYL, server seems to be dead for the d/l, 150mb short too >.<

Priston tales got some nice visuals in that.

Still waitin for Ryzom though

Kasumi
16-04-04, 01:50
Kasumi are you a Silver Ranger or a Plains Walker or a magic user (can't remember their class names)?Yes my Elf is a Silver Ranger. :)

Lineage seems very much designed around the 12-16 year old male hormone frenzy demographic.
Dont assume anything! :) I have met more adults than children playing Lineage II.

What it doesn't have is all the female avatars running around during the course of their daily business with their arses hanging out, for no particuarly obvious reason.Why look than? "underwear" shots are very common with most asian anime and games. If you have a trouble with it than dont play it. Getting Lineage II is a priveleage in the western side of the world remember that.. :P

Yeah, it does not fit the game genre. In NC ok (as NPCs), but not in Lineage's genre.Same as above.. :) Genre doesnot matter in a game. an MMORPG is another world to escape from. dark elfs have a reasonw hy there clothes are like they are. Read there history and you would know. Its an excuse to show such revealing clothing but there is a story so it fits the genre.

Oh well! Sorry if I seem rude, but I a a bit stressed :) Wedding time bye everyone! ^_^

kurai
16-04-04, 04:39
lol

Don't get me wrong - I like looking at an attractively rendered female bottom bobbing up and down in front of my face as much as the next guy ... it just seems a bit obviously gratuitous, is all :D

jernau
16-04-04, 05:07
dark elfs have a reasonw hy there clothes are like they are. Read there history and you would know.
Could you just outline that story for us? I would go look but I'm still working out simple stuff like what to kill and how to get better spells.

I've already been attacked by a PKer though. Luckily it's easy to see them coming and there were two of us so we killed him :). He seemed to have some kind of stealth thing though which was annoying. I can't work out how we killed him so easily if he had cool kit and we had noob stuff. I have a new stick now though, much less knobbly which Is good.

Couple of questions someone may be able to answer :
Does putting a staff in your armour window make any difference?
Are there mounts later in the game as all this vomit-running is a pain?

One things for sure though - logging into NC again really brings home just how great a proper control interface is.

dangfoo
16-04-04, 06:42
ubrerer staffs increase your damage, armor increases your MP and cast speed / run speed

Shadow Dancer
16-04-04, 07:00
Ugh, is Lineage 2 all about equipment?

sounds like Diablo 2. "You need GODLY HELM OF TEH GODZ IF U WANT TO PVP AS A MAGE CHARAKTER LOLO"

:(

dangfoo
16-04-04, 07:34
well you can pvp from level 1 but until level 20 + its not only who shoots first but who has aqquired a good item first .. above that its more balanced dispite your equipment

jernau
16-04-04, 15:39
What I mean is does it matter if the staff is in my invemtory or the window with all my armour (so that it appears on my avatar)?

@SD - What little I've seen of PvP was quite fun even as an ultra-lowbie. It is point-and-snore but you do have enough control that it doesn't become tedious.

JediMasta
16-04-04, 17:45
Bartz - Spunky - lvl 23 Dark Elf assassain

Gustin - Sigma - lvl 17 Orc soon to be Paagrio monk

Spoon
16-04-04, 18:52
What I mean is does it matter if the staff is in my invemtory or the window with all my armour (so that it appears on my avatar)?

Yes, it needs to be equipped in the window where your armor/weapons are..
If it's just in your regular inventory window, you won't get the bonuses from it...(it needs to show up on your avatar)....

Here's a link for you people:
It gives good lists of mobs, their level/HP, what they drop and their locations..
It also has lists of weapons/armor and maps....

http://lin.warcry.com/

jernau
16-04-04, 18:59
Cheers Spoon, I thought that must be the case but I didn't seem much more powerful with it equiped.

Now I'm wondering what the difference is between the staffs and books - the stats are the same.....

Oh well I'll probably have another play later.

Tupac
17-04-04, 23:21
Do you play retail???
i will play it when retail comes :)

im now rank 12 Fear!!! my dude looks so uber !! i love it!!!!! pm me what server ur on :)

Moofausa
17-04-04, 23:23
what's lineage?

Tupac
17-04-04, 23:23
what's lineage?
nothing

Moofausa
17-04-04, 23:25
omg i'm gonna come play i just went to website. THANKS TUPAC!

/edit, tupac can I have all your neocron stuff?

Tupac
17-04-04, 23:27
omg i'm gonna come play i just went to website. THANKS TUPAC!

/edit, tupac can I have all your neocron stuff?

no kool well i will see u on lineage 2 :lol:

Ascension
17-04-04, 23:39
I play to :)

Name: Ascention
Server: Seighardt
class: Human Wizard
level: 24.54

1 pic) and as for polygons, skins etc :lol:
2 pic) my pledge, part of the Guild: Band of Hawks

jiga
17-04-04, 23:39
erm could some1 post me some of those sexy screenshots
...i er need for err *cough*personal viewing

Ascension
17-04-04, 23:44
erm could some1 post me some of those sexy screenshots
...i er need for err *cough*personal viewing
check my last post :p

jiga
17-04-04, 23:45
check my last post :p
yeah u posted that just b4 i posted mine. i feel much better now :p

Ascension
17-04-04, 23:50
But to give an example of a a sexy shot:

jiga
17-04-04, 23:56
im downloading lineage 2 as we speak. 68.3kb/sec=4hours 27mins. better be worth it
EDIT: oh well at least i can get sexy screenshots if it's crap

ServeX
18-04-04, 04:03
Serve - lvl 8 dark elf
started about 2 and a half hours ago.
Located on Deviant server. I think that's what it's called.
I also made a human mage which I use to pk with...name is Essence.

dangfoo
18-04-04, 04:20
rofl 19000 karma

ServeX
18-04-04, 05:43
rofl 19000 karma
It's like 30,000 now :p. But yea, that's my PK char. By having him at level 4 I don't have to risk the exp loss and item loss. So, it's convenient to pk like this.

funkeymonkey
18-04-04, 06:21
erica server

name: Undertone
class: One of them good elf mages
lvl: 4

name: Nish (sorry mate but i stole your name ;) Ill delete for you if you start playing it).
class: One of them evil elf mages
lvl: 7

Had to go for mages, reminds me of being a hybrid monkey again.

Oh at lvl 7 i learnt the freeze spell as it looked cool, but it does less damage than that wind thing you start off with, is it like in neocron where you grow into your spells?

Kasumi
18-04-04, 06:46
I play to :)

Name: Ascention
Server: Seighardt
class: Human Wizard
level: 24.54

1 pic) and as for polygons, skins etc :lol:
2 pic) my pledge, part of the Guild: Band of Hawks
I hate guilds they ruin gameplay.

i will play it when retail comes :)

im now rank 12 Fear!!! my dude looks so uber !! i love it!!!!! pm me what server ur on :)
I play on Korean servers.. :)

It's like 30,000 now :p. But yea, that's my PK char. By having him at level 4 I don't have to risk the exp loss and item loss. So, it's convenient to pk like this.
Pker?? :(

Shujin
18-04-04, 07:27
where can i dl it? and is it open beta where i can just make an account or do i have to apply

Shadow Dancer
18-04-04, 10:37
Kasumi why do guilds ruin gameplay?

Kasumi
18-04-04, 10:37
Kasumi why do guilds ruin gameplay?It makes peopel selfish and only care about there group.. :) and a few personal reasons.. :) I also think they take away from the RP part of a game :)

jiga
18-04-04, 10:40
is it free? i just downloaded it and got onto the main screen and got asked for an account name and pw

Ascension
18-04-04, 12:33
It makes peopel selfish and only care about there group.. :) and a few personal reasons.. :) I also think they take away from the RP part of a game :)
Nah not really, they're all good fun, and going into the valley of dragons with 70 lvl 20 + guys is really fun, until someone gets hurt, or collects major agro:rolleyes:

Kasumi
18-04-04, 12:42
Nah not really, they're all good fun, and going into the valley of dragons with 70 lvl 20 + guys is really fun, until someone gets hurt, or collects major agro:rolleyes:70 people is to many,, ^_^ I only need me, my korean friend, mny husband and another friend :P Metting new peopel is fun, but playing in a guild with strangers is no fun... :(

RuButt
18-04-04, 13:41
hmm, if i can get my hands on the game here in sweden... ima try it retail i think.

deac
18-04-04, 14:01
lvl 16 fighter and the game is a piece of shit...

quests are boring, the chatt system is crapp teams are useless... the who agro thing is stupid... weapons are too few... and too expensive... and all you can do is lvl.. and thats slow as hell....

i value my life way to much to spend it on something as that...

Mr Friendly
18-04-04, 20:21
nc > L2

=)

Tupac
18-04-04, 20:38

quests are boring, the chatt system is crapp teams are useless... the who agro thing is stupid... weapons are too few... and too expensive... and all you can do is lvl.. and thats slow as hell....

i value my life way to much to spend it on something as that...

shaddup!! its a game were money is actually worth something unlike Neocron

jernau
18-04-04, 22:54
This (http://www.juju.org/archives/2004/04/01/101_reasons_why_lineage_2_sucks.php) is quite funny.

Jiga and Lexx will like the screenies too.

btw - I'm not saying I agree with him but I can see where he's coming from on a lot of it.

Shujin
19-04-04, 00:00
anyone wanna answer mine and jiga's question: is it free / open beta

ie: do you have to be ACCEPTED into the beta test or can u just go make an account and play.

jernau
19-04-04, 00:07
They are calling it "open beta" but it's more like a free-trial period you don't have to give a CC number or buy a retail box for.

You can DL it from their site though I think you have to "apply" for a serial which you get immediately by email I believe (didn't have to do that part so I'm not sure).

Shujin
19-04-04, 00:55
yeah roleplaying, my strong side! :p

yeah playing with friends is fun, but one of them got tired of the game and stopped! =P

but i dont think the RP is so big on the western servers

me: HAVE AT THEE!
guy1: -_-!? (wtf - but censored)
guy2: Y U AAATK !??!
girl1: HI!! AI IS CHANEESE ^_^
girl1: =*=^
haha made me have flashback of d2,
---

*joins game*
somedude: sup u got any rares?
me: nope im noob
*somedude leaves game*
somekoreandude: HI U FRIEND. GIVE ITEM?
me: ... no... im noob.
somekoreandude: U FRIEND GIVE ITEM~~~
me: ...U STUPID FUCK OFF~~~
somekoreandude: T.T U NO FREIND GIVE ITEM~~~
*ignores the dude*
some-other-korean-dude: ^.^
*wonders if i should ignore him before he even starts*
some-other-korean-dude: hiya ^.~
me: eyo ;]
*thinks woo finally someone i can actually team with*
some-other-korean-dude: i korean
me: im american
some-other-korean-dude: u america?
me: im american O_o.
some-other-korean-dude: u friend give item~~~
me: GAH
*leaves game*

Kasumi
19-04-04, 01:39

i value my life way to much to spend it on something as that...Neocron, Very few weapons, no class diversity, chat system is "ok", money has no importance in neocron, nothing to do at higher levels, TEAMS mean something in higher levels in Lineage II.. :)

jernau
19-04-04, 01:43
Neocron, Very few weapons, no class diversity, chat system is "ok", money has no importance in neocron, nothing to do at higher levels, TEAMS mean something in higher levels in Lineage II.. :)
Neocron has class diversity to be fair.

I may be missing something (else) major in L2 but I currently hate the chat system there. I've basically given up on it and just use ventrilo to talk to my mates that play unless I'm really desperate for help.

Shujin
19-04-04, 02:35
Neocron, Very few weapons, no class diversity, chat system is "ok", money has no importance in neocron, nothing to do at higher levels, TEAMS mean something in higher levels in Lineage II.. :)is lineage2 retail out in US yet? and how much is it monthly because i might try it.

ive already cancled my nc account, ill try doy but doubt ill stay for long because tbh, i love neocron and all but im really starting to see all it lacks and doy just seems like a new candy coating on a old poison.

Kasumi
19-04-04, 02:39
is lineage2 retail out in US yet? and how much is it monthly because i might try it.

ive already cancled my nc account, ill try doy but doubt ill stay for long because tbh, i love neocron and all but im really starting to see all it lacks and doy just seems like a new candy coating on a old poison.
I dont know I am sorry! :( I dont play with US players.. ^.^ Not by choice but because I dont think it is retail.. hehe.. and my character is on an asian server.. :P

Shujin
19-04-04, 02:48
I dont know I am sorry! :( I dont play with US players.. ^.^ Not by choice but because I dont think it is retail.. hehe.. and my character is on an asian server.. :P
RACIST! I HATE U! ;P jk ;] guess ill look on site to see when US retail comes out if its not out yet ;]

if i get it will ya make a char on a server i am(if possible)

Kasumi
19-04-04, 03:04
RACIST! I HATE U! ;P jk ;] guess ill look on site to see when US retail comes out if its not out yet ;]

if i get it will ya make a char on a server i am(if possible)
Nope i wont.. :) Us servers are faraway and my Silver Ranger is to high level to abandon ^_^

Lexxuk
19-04-04, 03:11
omg jernau, I read that thing, and...

8. Bouncing breasts suck

Pfft, I wrote a poll ages ago asking for bouncing boobies, and it got closed, at least one game stuck it in :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :angel:

Kasumi
19-04-04, 03:12
omg jernau, I read that thing, and...

Pfft, I wrote a poll ages ago asking for bouncing boobies, and it got closed, at least one game stuck it in :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :angel:
I read webpage and the person complained about everything.. :/

jernau
19-04-04, 03:13
I read webpage and the person complained about everything.. :/
I never said it was a balanced review. It was funny though IMO.

Lexxuk
19-04-04, 03:16
true that, he bitches about everything, reminds me of someone i know on this forum hehehe

Its ok though Kas, L2 is a good game, not really my style of game, but its still good in its own right. Still, tomorrow = Ryzom!!! omg, cant wait, not that I'll play much with UT2K4 arriving soon :(

jernau
19-04-04, 03:19
reminds me of someone i know on this forum hehehe
Only one person? I know you've been away a while but....

btw are you in City of Heroes Lexx?
I'm getting it down atm so I'll probably play it for a bit while Ryzom comes down.

SigmaDraconis
19-04-04, 03:21
Cameron lvl 16 Fighter @Erica, and then i realised it was a poorly done rip off of FF with a diablo playstyle and less substance, and gave all my gear to Spoon0r...

Lexxuk
19-04-04, 03:21
nah, got a friend who's in it, closed beta atm aye? atm just chillin out, waitin for Ryzom, havin uber fun on UT, whilst waitin for my next lung operation. that and spamming the FA forums :cool:

Spoon
19-04-04, 03:27
is lineage2 retail out in US yet? and how much is it monthly because i might try it.

It goes retail April 28th, here in the US...
$50 for the game(includes 1 free month)..
$14.99 a month to play(per month)....
So far I haven't seen any mention of a multi-month discount....

ouch....

I'm not sure if I'm going to continue to play L2 after OB...
It's a hell of a grind, and money is a pain to come up with..
IE; you have to cash farm mobs 5 or 6 levels lower than you for days(it seems), to get the cash for that new weapon or armor....

Leveling is easy, money isn't......

It's got it's good points and it's bad points.....

(btw, Neocron should copy it's "Private Store" feature....

P.S.
thx for all your stuff, Siggy..... :)

Tupac
19-04-04, 13:49
It goes retail April 28th, here in the US...
$50 for the game(includes 1 free month)..
$14.99 a month to play(per month)....
So far I haven't seen any mention of a multi-month discount....

ouch....

I'm not sure if I'm going to continue to play L2 after OB...
It's a hell of a grind, and money is a pain to come up with..
IE; you have to cash farm mobs 5 or 6 levels lower than you for days(it seems), to get the cash for that new weapon or armor....

Leveling is easy, money isn't......

It's got it's good points and it's bad points.....

(btw, Neocron should copy it's "Private Store" feature....

P.S.
thx for all your stuff, Siggy..... :)
Isnt Sigma ur son :wtf: :confused: :wtf: :confused: :wtf: ?

garyu69
19-04-04, 14:36
I'm on Erica server as garyu69.

Most of eXo are there too, so say hi. :)

Kasumi
19-04-04, 14:51
I'm on Erica server as garyu69.

Most of eXo are there too, so say hi. :)
Can I PK you all? :p

Lexxuk
19-04-04, 14:52

Kas, ur just married, shouldnt u be doing all the wifey things? You know, dishes, cleaning up, washing clothes, dusting, cleaning the car, changing the car oil etc? :p

Why do women have small feet? So they can stand closer to the kitchen sink :p :angel:

Kasumi
19-04-04, 14:56
Kas, ur just married, shouldnt u be doing all the wifey things? You know, dishes, cleaning up, washing clothes, dusting, cleaning the car, changing the car oil etc? :p

Why do women have small feet? So they can stand closer to the kitchen sink :p :angel:
That isnt funny.. :/ and its night time.. ^_^

garyu69
19-04-04, 15:00
everyone else tries to :p

*mumbles something about going AFK and coming back to a dead body*

Kasumi
19-04-04, 15:02
everyone else tries to :p

*mumbles something about going AFK and coming back to a dead body*
Level 62 Silver Ranger :)

Lexxuk
19-04-04, 15:02
That isnt funny.. :/ and its night time.. ^_^

would be to easy to ask why a just married person is on a computer at night time instead of... err... nm :confused: :confused:

Kasumi
19-04-04, 15:03
would be to easy to ask why a just married person is on a computer at night time instead of... err... nm :confused: :confused:Drink alcohol with friend ^_^

garyu69
19-04-04, 15:08
Level 62 Silver Ranger :)
Nice!

Can any spare swords for a nooby level 8 Human Fighter

Kasumi
19-04-04, 15:09
Nice!

Can any spare swords for a nooby level 8 Human Fighter
If come to korean server ^-^

garyu69
19-04-04, 15:10
which one be that one?

Lexxuk
19-04-04, 15:11
Drink alcohol with friend ^_^

I have no friends :( :( :( :( :(

/me cries over a beer

jernau
19-04-04, 15:13
I have no friends :( :( :( :( :(

/me cries over a beer
You have beer? What more do you want?

Lexxuk
19-04-04, 15:17

Valid point, I have beer!! Well, if you can call Stella beer hehehe

Kasumi
19-04-04, 15:20
Valid point, I have beer!! Well, if you can call Stella beer hehehe

So gross!

which one be that one?
Secret :) Character in english is Suka Ha.. :)

jernau
19-04-04, 15:22
So gross! That's no way to talk about poor old Lexx. He's been poorly you know. :(

Kasumi
19-04-04, 15:24
That's no way to talk about poor old Lexx. He's been poorly you know. :(
NO! I dont mean him!

beer
gross!

Shujin
19-04-04, 15:24
man how long it take for them to email u about ur account ;/ said "you will recieve an email from us soon" yet i havent and i have done it 2 times, first time last night when u first told me

jernau
19-04-04, 15:27
Oh OK then. It's heresy but you're not from round these parts so we understand. ;)

/edit @shujin - odd, a mate in the US applied that way got his code in a few minutes.:confused: Try another email address?

Shujin
19-04-04, 15:29
Oh OK then. It's heresy but you're not from round these parts so we understand. ;)

/edit @shujin - odd, a mate in the US applied that way got his code in a few minutes.:confused: Try another email address?tried 3 diff emails, mine, my moms, and one of mine i use for pr0n emails ;o...

Kasumi
19-04-04, 15:30
man how long it take for them to email u about ur account ;/ said "you will recieve an email from us soon" yet i havent and i have done it 2 times, first time last night when u first told me
Lineage II doesnt like you! ^.^

Ascension
19-04-04, 15:31
apparently some peeps said 'rumour' they arn't releasing any more Keys :o

jernau
19-04-04, 15:32
Lineage II doesnt like you! ^.^
It does look that way. Sorry mate not a lot more I can say. Maybe one of the guys on here that didn't like it can give you his account.

Shujin
19-04-04, 15:33
if anyone here dont like the game u can pm me the info for it if u want ;] or if u dont want me using ur specific account because some security issue u can prolly delete ur account and gimmie ur serial key ;]

Lexxuk
19-04-04, 15:35
NO! I dont mean him!

gross!

Beer is your friend Kas! Whats Saki taste like though? :D

Kasumi
19-04-04, 15:40
Beer is your friend Kas! Whats Saki taste like though? :DWhat kind of Sake?? ^_^ and I drinking beer but english beer is icky.. :p

Edit: Sake mostly taste like rice, but it can be sweet, spicey.. Just depends on the kind you buy and the prefecture you buy it in.. ^_^

garyu69
19-04-04, 15:42
Lager.... yum.

Lexxuk
19-04-04, 15:54
Stella isnt English, its Belgian, I think its actually the only export Belgium has hehehe

garyu69
19-04-04, 16:20
Stella isnt English, its Belgian, I think its actually the only export Belgium has hehehe
Chocolates?

Barak
19-04-04, 16:21
Beer > any that nasty chinese wedding cake wine crap

Got a lvl 11 guy on Seighartd (or however you spell it)
combats boring as feck.. 0.o

Lexxuk
19-04-04, 16:22
Belgian chocolate sux, real british dairy fat modified cocoa butter produce rules :p

jernau
19-04-04, 16:31
Doesn't Belgium export porn? It's basically the same as Holland after all.

**runs**

Lexxuk
19-04-04, 16:32
belgian porn? you'd need to ask Kyle on that hehehe

SigmaDraconis
19-04-04, 20:21
Isnt Sigma ur son :wtf: :confused: :wtf: :confused: :wtf: ?

quick one tupac! very quick, garyu just buy a small sword for 800a and use that till you do SoS at 9

jiga
19-04-04, 20:46
if anyone here dont like the game u can pm me the info for it if u want ;] or if u dont want me using ur specific account because some security issue u can prolly delete ur account and gimmie ur serial key ;]
use my account until u get ur own (check ur pms) ;)

tomparadox
19-04-04, 20:51
Im trying to download it to see how it is but the beta is closeing the 28th. is there ganna be a beta 3 and 4? id like to test this game. also is anyone else haveing problems downloading it? everytime i try it freezes or times out Oo...

Lexxuk
19-04-04, 22:43
Nah tom, whats happening at end of beta is, it turns into retail, so you gotta buy the game & time to carry on, however, your chars are carried over from beta to retail.

2 hours 15 mins left till tomorrow, Ryzom, purrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

jernau
19-04-04, 22:48
Im trying to download it to see how it is but the beta is closeing the 28th. is there ganna be a beta 3 and 4? id like to test this game. also is anyone else haveing problems downloading it? everytime i try it freezes or times out Oo...
The DL is very popular - try getright or smt similar.

Possessed
19-04-04, 22:49
Beta ends on the 26th afaik, retail begins on the 28th.

I'll prolly be playing retail once I get it imported.

deac
19-04-04, 22:52
Neocron, Very few weapons, no class diversity, chat system is "ok", money has no importance in neocron, nothing to do at higher levels, TEAMS mean something in higher levels in Lineage II.. :)

neocron have a shitload of more weapons as a tank i could use gats aoe lasers plasma.... as a warrior in linage i could choose... lets see.. a sword? weeee

money did mean something at the start... still does... you try and make 300 holy shelters to try and get a 4-5 slot...

pvp is good at higher lvls in neocron... its worthless in lineage....

and if i remeber teams are kinda nice in chaos caves... you get fuck all xp from teams in lineage... its much better to solo.... what a great game...

and the healing is just terrible for warriors... buy a uber expensive health poition or sit down on your ass for 5 mins... yay.....atleast in neocron you get a basic heal spell.

No mmo can hold a candle to neocron...... to bad im starting to get dead tired of it :\

REMUS
20-04-04, 00:29
problem with your arguement deac is that line age 2 has 200k+ people playing it and nc has about 1-5k playing it........

Tupac
20-04-04, 01:17
neocron have a shitload of more weapons as a tank i could use gats aoe lasers plasma.... as a warrior in linage i could choose... lets see.. a sword? weeee

money did mean something at the start... still does... you try and make 300 holy shelters to try and get a 4-5 slot...

and if i remeber teams are kinda nice in chaos caves... you get fuck all xp from teams in lineage... its much better to solo.... what a great game...

and the healing is just terrible for warriors... buy a uber expensive health poition or sit down on your ass for 5 mins... yay.....atleast in neocron you get a basic heal spell.

No mmo can hold a candle to neocron...... to bad im starting to get dead tired of it :\

well deac u see the probs with neo is the severe lack of content i mean lineage2 is actually challenge in terms of lvling where as in neocron u could cap a character in like 2 weeks which then results in fuck all else to do really other than partake in pointless op war's. With the lvling system of Lineage 2 it provides far more content quests to recieve some nice items, a decent economy. I mean lets face it Neocron is near enough a bloody game of Quake with some xp to gained to an extent also with the amount of money exploits in neocron building 5 slot stuff wont be hard as you can obtain money easily through so many different ways.

SigmaDraconis
20-04-04, 01:45
i must disagree tups, quake has a much better fps system :P

both crap games tbh, diff is L2 was made for people who like to dedicate their lives to gaming (korean and chineese/scots) and NC is for lazy bastard germans and americans..

Barak
20-04-04, 01:47
jesus christ tupac's making a bit of sense - you feelin ok? :p

L2 aint bad tho I kinda get annoyed at the number of people hunting .. all your orkys are belong to me.... but i share them with 40 people 0.o

but getting up cash is being a bitch and im still on the noob island..

MegaCorp
20-04-04, 01:53
Neocron is near enough a bloody game of Quake with some xp to [be] gained ...
I think you hit the nail on the head. The problem is that Neocron is actually a fairly shallow game, albeit a fun one. By "shallow" i mean (1) KK never really developed the Mission (quests) aspects of the game so there is very little to do and what exists gets repetitive and boring pretty quickly, (2) the special hunting areas (such as caves) can be interesting at first but are extremely limited in variety with little motivation to go there except for raw xp farming, and (3) Op wars are far from satisfying because of all kinds of balance and motivation issues that have been argued about in many threads (so i wont repeat those here).

Now dont get me wrong, KK has a damned fine basis for a superior game. But it *isn't* a superior game yet because nothing is really well developed or fully developed yet - in many ways they seem to have a lot of ideas that were only partially implemented. They did have one dynamite idea which they thankfully built in, which is an FPS combat system melded with an mmorpg. Now they need to get their act together and start making the primary components of the game much more "fun" such that people really want to do them and can *keep* doing them for a long time: missions, special hunting areas, general PvP, and Op fights ... and also invent enhancements to increase the enjoyment factor for tradeskillers as well; I left out basic / fundamental hunting from that list because that part seems to be working okay.

Hopefully BDoY will be a major step in that direction ... but only time will tell.

Spook

Spoon
20-04-04, 01:57
L2 aint bad tho I kinda get annoyed at the number of people hunting .. all your orkys are belong to me.... but i share them with 40 people 0.o

but getting up cash is being a bitch and im still on the noob island..

Yer, it's hard to get used to the huge amount of people playing......

Imagine what Plaza 2 could look like(check out the Private Store pic(attached)).... 8|

*Note*
No one under 18 is permitted to view the 2nd attached pic.

Tupac
20-04-04, 02:35
i must disagree tups, quake has a much better fps system :P

both crap games tbh, diff is L2 was made for people who like to dedicate their lives to gaming (korean and chineese/scots) and NC is for lazy bastard germans and americans..

lol siggy well u get what im tryin to say in my comparisons in terms of content in the game

Shujin
20-04-04, 03:52
just got my cd-key to play beta :D!
thx jiga for lettin me use ur acc while i was waiting ;]

edit: now my acc is que'd for creation o.0 dunno how long that'll take
edit2*about 10 secs after that edit: not to long oviously ;D just got done

deac
20-04-04, 12:17
problem with your arguement deac is that line age 2 has 200k+ people playing it and nc has about 1-5k playing it........

yes wow... soo that is good how? bartz is a bitch when you try and log on... and ppl are camping the mobs all over... thats good?

They also whine about kill stealing and such crapp...

And the misson system is just as stupid as neocrons... kill 50 small wolfs/mushrooms/whateva and get 500 adena... weeee!

But yes if you like to sit on your ass killing the same mobs for ages then go ahead... this game must be just your thing....

btw to get from lvl 69 to 70 you need to kill 32k of the same lvl mobs as yourself... hf kthxbye

edit: i was in closed beta but couldnt play it for more than 2 weeks... its a pile of shit and a uber time sink... good for you no life ppl.

Kasumi
20-04-04, 13:15
btw to get from lvl 69 to 70 you need to kill 32k of the same lvl mobs as yourself... hf kthxbye

That why you dont fight mobs the same level as yourself..

The variety of Bows, swords.. and other stuff is much bigger than Neocrons..

No how would you know? Are you level 60 or more in lineage.. :/

its much better to solo....
Your wrong again.. :/

atleast in neocron you get a basic heal spell.

Which shouldnot be belong in Neocron, "magic" should not be in Neocron! :(

Neocron has no content either.. which lineage II has lot more of.. ^_^

jiga
20-04-04, 16:44
just got my cd-key to play beta :D!
thx jiga for lettin me use ur acc while i was waiting ;]

edit: now my acc is que'd for creation o.0 dunno how long that'll take
edit2*about 10 secs after that edit: not to long oviously ;D just got done
np. just trying to be nice to ppl :)

deac
20-04-04, 19:13
That why you dont fight mobs the same level as yourself..
The variety of Bows, swords.. and other stuff is much bigger than Neocrons..
No how would you know? Are you level 60 or more in lineage.. :/
Your wrong again.. :/
Which shouldnot be belong in Neocron, "magic" should not be in Neocron! :(
Neocron has no content either.. which lineage II has lot more of.. ^_^

Your only choice at the start is to solo mobs.. anything else is worthless

no im not lvl 60 and the nightmare to get to lvl 60 is just to scary...

onoz! i get swords and bows!!! thats 2 weapons...they all act the same... just do more dmg.... soo then you got 2 weapons....atleast nc have a lasers,plasma, pulselasers,pierce,melee and aoe..... thats a shitload more than lineage....

and yes its better to solo...if your both the excact same lvl then its ok but not faster... if i solo kill same lvl mob i get say 400 xp if my friend helps me we get 200 each.. or if we are like one lvl apart im going to get like 150xp max...
under lvl 20 teams are useless..... anything higher i dont know about... and I never even seen an atempt to RP ever...

Could you please point out the "content" you are speaking about? is it the empty house in the villages?

jiga
20-04-04, 19:16
Which shouldnot be belong in Neocron, "magic" should not be in Neocron!
OK magic doesn't, but what about psychic powers?! I don't believe that the evolution of humans is that farfetched in a game set in the future.

jernau
20-04-04, 19:45
OK magic doesn't, but what about psychic powers?! I don't believe that the evolution of humans is that farfetched in a game set in the future.What he said.

"Psi powers" in one form or another have been a part of Science-Fiction since at least HG Wells and a long time before that too depending on how you classify sci-fi.

/edit - I haven't seen any RP, events or other similar "content" yet in L2. I have seen a lot of people bitching about it's absense. The prevailing defence seems to be that it will all kick off when retail launches. After 2+ years in Neocron I take claims like that with a bucket of salt. It may be true though and it may also be that the asian player-base are more interested in making these things work than the US/EU players are/will be.

Barak
20-04-04, 19:50
Solong as "psi" powers etc don't involve pointy hats, books or knobly sticks I don't think it's a big problem...

jiga
20-04-04, 20:29
Solong as "psi" powers etc don't involve pointy hats, books or knobly sticks I don't think it's a big problem...
hehehe.... i can just imagine harry potter standing in plaza saying "damn i knew that i took the wrong train at king's cross"

Jest
20-04-04, 20:57
I played the Lineage 2 beta for a few hours this week so far. Granted it seems to be better than most games of its type, I don't know if I can really get into click and sleep games. Its just not the same. I dont have control. Im just clicking around every one. Meh. Maybe the UO or EQ sequels will be decent. Lineage 2 is sure as hell better than FFXI though. ;)

jiga
20-04-04, 21:20
I kinda like lineage 2. It's more relaxing than neocron and the pvm is much less stressfull. Neocron's pvm is better tho even if u do have to work to kill something.

MegaCorp
20-04-04, 21:44
L2 doesnt seem quite right for me either. Too little to do during a fight other than wait for my target or me to die - am level 16 and have only one special attack with my sword (although i can pull the mob with the single special attack i have with bow ... those two special attacks together do a lot of damage admittedly). DAOC / AC2 / Horizons all seemed to provide more special attack modes and stuff to do during combat (certainly by level 16), so fights could be more interesting in those games.

So just now downloading the City of Heroes beta to see what thats like.

Spook

jernau
20-04-04, 22:09
City of Heroes is quite fun. Still third person though which seriously limits my interest in any game.

MegaCorp
21-04-04, 04:43
CoH is pretty neat so far. Amazing variety of options for tailoring a super hero's appearance. You can create up to 8 characters on any given server, with a choice of 2 starting cities. Nice variety of powers also. By the end of the tutorial missions i had more special primary attacks in City of Heroes than at 16th level in Lineage 2, with lots more abilities still available. Can be difficult to create names - an awful lot of my desired choices were gone already. In any event, i am initially enjoying it.

Spook

joran420
21-04-04, 04:56
CoH open beta?

jernau
21-04-04, 04:57
CoH open beta?
The email says closed but I'm pretty sure it's open. It's due for release this month IIRC.

Kasumi
21-04-04, 15:34
City of Heroes is quite fun. Still third person though which seriously limits my interest in any game.
hehe A game about Heroes.. Sound kind of childish..^-^ But I dont know I havent tried it.. ^.^

Barak
21-04-04, 15:37
hehe A game about Heroes.. Sound kind of childish..^-^ But I dont know I havent tried it.. ^.^
and prancing about as elfs and fairys and shit aint?

Kasumi
21-04-04, 15:39
and prancing about as elfs and fairys and shit aint?I dont understand.. :/ I just think that Heroes are for kids.. :\

Barak
21-04-04, 15:44
I just think that Heroes are for kids.. :\
naww they are great for for drunk adults who like to put their y-fronts over the tops of their trousers... er... speakin of wheres lexxuk? :P

imo elfs fairys wizzards etc are kiddy things aswell.