PDA

View Full Version : NC:BDoY press release

J. Folsom
14-04-04, 19:41
(Note beforehand, I'm not a professional translator, nor am I even 100% certain this is in fact a real press statement, translation is based off of this thread (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=96731))

Neocron: The second capital

With Neocron: Beyond Dome of York developer Reakktor, which is a division of 10tacel AG, presents a second episide to the worlds only Cyberpunk-MMORPG. New gameplay, fresh DirectX9 graphics, and new content as well as a strongly simplified start of game make online gamers experience a varied spectacle in a virtual 28th century world. Soon the large-scale beta test will start, with the testers being comprised of true Neocron users.

Darmstadt/Hannover, April 2004: With Dome of York Reakktor expands the virtual world at the end of august with another mega-city. A completely reworked and to DirectX9 converted 3D-Engine, tons of new features, and even more expansive missions give the second epside of Neocron a fresh feel.

Cyberpunk in the jungle of a large city:
In the far future: After endless fighting and a world-wide catastrophe, the Earth no longers protects against deadly radiation; because of this survivors live in isolated Mega-Cities. Outside the city are only desolate landscapes, named Wastelands, in which all kinds of mutated creatures live. The largest scum of the new humanity assemble themselves in the Mega-City Dome of York (DoY), which is changing into the Metropolis of the lawless: DOY counts as melting pot for all those opposed to the government of Neocron.

Dome of York captivates with richly detailed graphics. The improved 3D-Engine made possible through DirectX9-Adaptation renders highly-detailed textures, high polygon counts and innovative shading technologies. These innovations aren't just limited to DoY, Neocron itself has also recieved a cosmetical make-over and certainly doesn't do under for the richness of detail the Dome has. Popular locations like Plaza, Pepper Park and the frequented reaches of the Wastelands shine in their new garb. The graphical quality profits from the improved engine here as well:
Realistic water effects and weather, higher detailed and more complexly animated creatures attracts all interested gamers. Opponents, NPCs and of course the Avatars get a texture-face lift. The optical remake further includes a remade starting menu, changed user interface and a more extensive character generator all help create a more individual game character. Infrastructure and economics will now also play a more important role. Players can hire NPC-Merchants, computer controlled characters, and make money while offline by offering their wares. Reakktor completely revises the internal stuck-system, Stock-X, with which players can buy and sell virtual share depots. The interested can also check the official Neocron Homepage to see the stock quotations outside of game. The innovations gives Dome of York a living cityscape: new player-appartments, which can be furnished to personal taste, an optimized taxi- and subwaysystem, immense amounts of air traffic and last but not least new bars and nightclubs, in which virtual, lovingly animated strippers dance in motion captured movements.

Newbies and Hackers
General loosening and simplification of the "faction system" help players new to MMORPGs enter into the world: The "good" Neocron and the "evil" Dome of York helps keep political oversight clear, while limiting inter-faction disputes. Fights for outposts in the wastelands will focus more on the battle between the two superpowers and less on the politics and relations between factions and clans. Before entering the online world, beginners will have to complete an extensive tutorial. E-Mails send by your own system will help the inexperienced and provide tips for character builds and the learning of new abilities. New professions, for example hackers, will be able to log into a virtual cyberspace through their CityComs to secretly and effectively disable security systems and other defenses. There is much to discover in the second episode of Neocron: Dome of York extends the size and details for around twice the content. The areas of the wastelands will recieve numerous new oases, ruins and outposts. Larger variety is created in this future world by the new creatues.
Also, two new screenshots:
http://www.gsource.de/gallerie/ncwastelandtour2.jpg
http://www.gsource.de/gallerie/dome_of_york_03.jpg

EDIT: Changed the screenshots to links, due to large size of screenshots.

t0tt3
14-04-04, 19:50
its huge :eek:

to bad itīs to late :(

Opar
14-04-04, 19:50
Okay, if that first screeny really IS DoY, ROLL ON SEPTEMBER 1ST!

Opar
14-04-04, 19:56
Although the first screeny does look slightly photoshopped....

@____@

J. Folsom
14-04-04, 19:57
Just don't shoot the messenger :p

As it says on top, I haven't bothered to verify this information, all of it may in fact be false.

Shadow Dancer
14-04-04, 19:59
Composed of true neocron users. I like the sound of that.

Damn, I wish I wasn't banned before. :(

Jest
14-04-04, 20:04
Wtf? Evil Dome of York? :lol: Damn Neocron propogandists with their press releases.

BTW SD whats with the banned comment? Banned users not allowed to enter Beta or something?

Shadow Dancer
14-04-04, 20:06
Wtf? Evil Dome of York? :lol: Damn Neocron propogandists with their press releases.

BTW SD whats with the banned comment? Banned users not allowed to enter Beta or something?

Well you can't be a GM or Mod if you were banned before. So I'm assuming they'll have the same standard with beta players. That's an assumption though, I could be wrong.

EDIT: Um, that first screenie. Is that a REAL un-altered pic of actual gameplay?????????????

{MD}GeistDamnit
14-04-04, 20:06
the first screenshot is a max render :p

Shadow Dancer
14-04-04, 20:07

What does that mean?

Splain, I want to know!!! lol

Opar
14-04-04, 20:07

Looks like its running a like 100000000000 x 2000000000 resolution, then put through Photoshop.....

retr0n
14-04-04, 20:08
What does that mean?

Rendered in 3D Max Studio... Not ingame screenie...

Shadow Dancer
14-04-04, 20:09
ok grrr

I'd like to see screenies of actual in-game stuff. I mean the way it looks with the "upgraded" engine or whatever.

P4mp3rk3
14-04-04, 20:10
What does that mean?

I think it means that it's rendered from a program like 3D Studio Max....

:edit: meh, slowass :(

Tratos
14-04-04, 20:30
that screeny looks really really nice

but NEXT is spelt backwards or is in reverse on the back of the guys shirt :lol:

~Tratos

t0tt3
14-04-04, 21:47
Although the first screeny does look slightly photoshopped....

@____@

hope not.... I mean look at far cry with really good computer it looks :eek: sooo fucking nice why cant "neocron 2" be as nice as a game that got out this month?

naimex
14-04-04, 22:09
the grim looks larger...

a lot larger....

msdong
14-04-04, 22:09

nah, dont think. its only photoshoped imo.

Marx
14-04-04, 22:12
Every time I see new posts in this thread, I pray for a odin, thannie, or MJS post saying "No, that's how the game will look."

:(

Seven
14-04-04, 22:17
The tank holding the gat has a shadow under him, is that a new feature or photoshop as well?

Vampire222
14-04-04, 22:23
looks pretty good, large scale beta, thatll prolly mean empty normal servers O_o

Shadow Dancer
14-04-04, 22:27
lol with it's dying population they might as well turn pluto into a beta server.

Jaenus
14-04-04, 22:27
but NEXT is spelt backwards or is in reverse on the back of the guys shirt :lol:

The image has been flipped horizontally for whatever reason. The Plasma Cannon is on the wrong shoulder, unless they've included an option to let you choose which side the weapon appears on :confused:

tkNukem
14-04-04, 22:28
if you guys looked on that same german page of photos, in the neocron section, you well see the same one of the allegedly "photoshopped" or "digitally rendered" pic.
hrm, suspicious!!

Celt
14-04-04, 22:31
#1 The shadows are hugely inconsistent with the sun in the background as light source.

#2 Every part of the image, when zoomed in is too crisp for it to be real.

Compare it to the infamous photoshopped tank pic.

40$Poser
14-04-04, 22:36

~Tratos

yeah, that first pic is still an awesome display of graphics. Tho is the guy on the right a BD guard or an actual player? (ie. it's a tank using a gatling rifle with the current BD guard skin)

J. Folsom
14-04-04, 22:39

~TratosHe's just wearing his shirt with the inside out, bloody stupid tank that he is. :p

Heavyporker
14-04-04, 22:40
hacking is a NEW profession?!@!? WTF??!

Someone slap KK!

And someone show me a screeny of the water in BDoY. Say... in the mainsewers from where you enter in PP3? You know.. that sewer waterfall?

Jaenus
14-04-04, 23:02
#1 The shadows are hugely inconsistent with the sun in the background as light source.

#2 Every part of the image, when zoomed in is too crisp for it to be real.

#3 Unless KK really upgraded the engine, even with players/mobs casting shadows they shouldn't cast them on other dynamic objects. ie themselves. (Even the shells from the gat have lighting/shadows applied to them)

Still it IS a very nice picture. Hope the anisotropic and luminosity effects come with BDOY :cool:

Nash_Brigham
14-04-04, 23:25

~Tratos
I think tha tis how it on all the NExT employees. Anyways, as someone else pointed out, all teh objects have shadows under them.

Opar
14-04-04, 23:35
TXEN... sounds like a rival for Crahn ^^

Clive tombstone
14-04-04, 23:56
Whats all of this about a beta, can someone enlighten me?

Shadow Dancer
14-04-04, 23:59
Whats all of this about a beta, can someone enlighten me?

BDOY will have a closed beta. Meaning certain peeps will be picked to test it before it's released.

tkNukem
15-04-04, 00:06
it's in both the neocron and the B: DoY sections. whoever's runnin that site should fix it!! for all we viewers know, it could be some evil trix meant to spark interest in the game! bah, regulate the internet for false advertisements!
heh 8| 8| 8| 8|

-FN-
15-04-04, 00:33
Photoshop is cool, isn't it?

Wallen
15-04-04, 01:10
I'm sick of all these people crying photoshop at every new pic that looks nice. Why can't you accept that just MAYBE the new graphics engine is good? I mean c'mon, there are games out NOW with graphics a LOT better than those in the pic, so why do we have to assume that those aren't real graphics?

Stop being so pessimistic (I know, kinda tough to do right now :( ).

Lexxuk
15-04-04, 01:21
If you look at the shadows on the ground, they are "real" shadows, as in, a total shadow of the gun, person etc.. If you look at the other image, no shadows. Its not a real picture of ingame visuals.

jiga
15-04-04, 01:23
would be damn good if those where real ingame shots

Clive tombstone
15-04-04, 02:26
well, I mean, are those the improved character grafics? if so, im not impressed much, sorry. I really hope they give a preview of the character grafics soon. I REALLY wanna see the new character stuff :D

please KK?

Nash_Brigham
15-04-04, 08:20
well, I mean, are those the improved character grafics? if so, im not impressed much, sorry. I really hope they give a preview of the character grafics soon. I REALLY wanna see the new character stuff :D

please KK?
If those are actual ingame shots,a nd not doctored, the texture of them is much improved. Plus, there is a noticeable increase in poly's per character, but I am not holding my breath, just yet. Plus, the landscape look si very nice.

Benjie
15-04-04, 08:43

I don't think it is.

KK said they were updating character skin resolutions and the wastelands. To me, that looks like what has changed.

All I can say is 60fps please!

mystery8
15-04-04, 09:18
Geez, that Wastelands shot looks incredible... It'd really stink if it turned out to be not an ingame image. Why get our hopes up like that?

That's a rhetorical question btw. :D

Benjie
15-04-04, 09:20
Look at the Neocron screenshots.

The same wasteland picture is there.

:confused:

Opar
15-04-04, 09:33
http://www.gsource.de

The Hell? Is that an ADVERTISEMENT for Neocron at the top of that page?

@_____@

J. Folsom
15-04-04, 09:47
It is... However, clicking it doesn't seem to do anything.

hinch
15-04-04, 09:56
couple of problems wit hthat first screenie!!

left handed tank wearing next stuff
the writing on his top is backwards!!

the other tank is using a gat rifle !!! specilisation gone?

Kasumi
15-04-04, 09:57
If that is what BDOY looks like that I wont bother buying BDOY! Higher polygon count is good and higher resolutiona nd shadows are good BUT they didnt change the small things that make a big difference.. :/

Vampire222
15-04-04, 10:32
If that is what BDOY looks like that I wont bother buying BDOY! Higher polygon count is good and higher resolutiona nd shadows are good BUT they didnt change the small things that make a big difference.. :/

well wait and see before making conclusions :eek:

Nidhogg
15-04-04, 10:53
It is... However, clicking it doesn't seem to do anything.
Works for me. On the right hand side is a short piece on DOY inlcuding links to the plan file and pre-order page.

N

Ultazha
15-04-04, 11:02
@Nidhogg

Can you tell us what you know about the first linked pic ?

http://www.gsource.de/gallerie/ncwastelandtour2.jpg

Real screenie but with soft render ?
Real screenie with the new 3D engine + Photoshop ?

Please :D

This one is really beautifull and if the game becomes only half this level of render, that would be great :)

Thx

Nidhogg
15-04-04, 11:16
@Nidhogg

Can you tell us what you know about the first linked pic ?

Thx
Sure, I'll tell you everything I know about it in this very post...

N

;)

Sorry, sure I've seen that shot before but I don't know whether it's representative of DOY or not.

n3m
15-04-04, 11:28
no link seems to be working on gsource.de :s

oh a Crahn a BD and a TXEN hunting together :wtf:

n3m
15-04-04, 11:32
If that is what BDOY looks like that I wont bother buying BDOY! Higher polygon count is good and higher resolutiona nd shadows are good BUT they didnt change the small things that make a big difference.. :/like?

J. Folsom
15-04-04, 11:46
Works for me. On the right hand side is a short piece on DOY inlcuding links to the plan file and pre-order page.

NYeah, you're right. Hadn't noticed the rather subtle change.
Funky, though.

El_MUERkO
15-04-04, 12:00
I'd say its a photoshoped image but maybe each of the component parts were taken from ingame footage.

For a start if you're just going for looks a GM can use any weapon they want with thier 255 all stats runners so they can use gat rifles which many people think look cooler than the gat canon.

Secondly the monk doesnt look in scale with the rest of the images so either stuff in the foreground has been added or the monk is tiny.

I'd say the tanks have been added into an image of a monk fighting a grim and one of the tanks has been reversed in so hes pointing the right direction.

Assuming they arent max renders but ingame graphics then its no really a misrepresentation of the finished product just a collage (sp?) of images in one to represent a possible scenario ingame.

What gets me confused though is why didnt a few KK'ers just hope on their BDOY test server and run off out into the wastelands and get a real image of the same scenario on a kick ass machine with every graphical setting to full and a vid card on 8*AA / 16*ASF and voila no backward text, no questionable scale jusy an undeniable cool real image of BDOY.

Ultazha
15-04-04, 12:08
I'd say its a photoshoped image but maybe each of the component parts were taken from ingame footage.

For a start if you're just going for looks a GM can use any weapon they want with thier 255 all stats runners so they can use gat rifles which many people think look cooler than the gat canon.

Secondly the monk doesnt look in scale with the rest of the images so either stuff in the foreground has been added or the monk is tiny.

I'd say the tanks have been added into an image of a monk fighting a grim and one of the tanks has been reversed in so hes pointing the right direction.

Assuming they arent max renders but ingame graphics then its no really a misrepresentation of the finished product just a collage (sp?) of images in one to represent a possible scenario ingame.

What gets me confused though is why didnt a few KK'ers just hope on their BDOY test server and run off out into the wastelands and get a real image of the same scenario on a kick ass machine with every graphical setting to full and a vid card on 8*AA / 16*ASF and voila no backward text, no questionable scale jusy an undeniable cool real image of BDOY.

/agree with your analyze.

/agree too for the idea of compare this pic and REAL BDoY rendering.

But let me dream a bit :lol:

ezza
15-04-04, 12:15
no link seems to be working on gsource.de :s

oh a Crahn a BD and a TXEN hunting together :wtf:

what the problem with them 3 hunting togeather

Crahn is allied to BD and neutral to next

BD is neutral to next, so it is possible for that to happen ;)

Opar
15-04-04, 12:19
what the problem with them 3 hunting togeather

Crahn is allied to BD and neutral to next

BD is neutral to next, so it is possible for that to happen ;)

He never said it wasnt possible :)

Argent
15-04-04, 12:29
IMO that pic looks pretty much like render with ingame models. The raptors in the background are too sharp, the lighting effects of plasma/gatling/spell are not what are ingame atm. Also the tree branches have AA applied to them, I don't think the engine would do that in any case (can't be bothered to test). Those trees still look crappy though, it's the only thing that makes it look at least a bit ingamish :lol:

Would be cool if it was a real BDoY screenshot though. 8|

Edit : Also the NEXT guy is the only one mirrored, BD guy is ok, and the about hte monk it's impossible to say. If that's a real pic then it looks like we can choose right/left hand usage, which I doubt.

Kuya
15-04-04, 14:03
Someone slap KK!

*slap*

NICE :D

MrChumble
15-04-04, 14:12
I don't care if it's real or photoshop/max render. It's sexy, and sexy pictures get peoples interest. Interested people try the demo. Some of them like it enough to stay, server population goes up, KK get a bit more money, we maybe get a patch before DoY :)

t0tt3
15-04-04, 20:03
HA HA HA KK!!!!! YOU HAVE A GAME YOU PLAY CLOSED BETA IN BUT YOU SAY FUCK OFF TO THE PUBLIC AND NOONE REALLY KNOWS HOW THE GAME LOOKS LIKE!!!!!!!! STILL YOU CAN SEE LARGE AMMOUNT OF PICS FROM ALPHA AND BETA OF WoW AND THEY REALLY DONT HAVE A PAYING COMMUNITY TO TAKE CARE OF!!!!

the big size font is a trademark of who ever use it :p