PDA

View Full Version : Ati Radeon

IceHawk2684
14-04-04, 18:29
okies i got a ATI rad XT and well... i ran neocron full blown graphics non stop even thru fights in PP and my FPS only would go as low as 50. now... that was the first 30 mins. I restarted the computer and next i know my comp freezes each time i try to load neocron once the login screen loads my comp freezes... anyone have any ideas how to get rid of it?

specs...

2400mhz
1024mb DDR ram
obviously u know the card

i left my comp reformatting and reinstalled everything brand spanking fresh if the problem continues im getting NVIDIA and forget it. im just looking to see if anyone had this same problem and what do i do to fix? kthnx bai

Opar
14-04-04, 18:43
okies i got a ATI rad XT and well... i ran neocron full blown graphics non stop even thru fights in PP and my FPS only would go as low as 50.

I hate you.

I restarted the computer and next i know my comp freezes each time i try to load neocron once the login screen loads my comp freezes...

I no longer hate you.

but anyways, I canny help you :( I r not having computah skillz.

IceHawk2684
14-04-04, 19:30
well see when i get home man... if the suxer still doesn't work ill downgrade to a NVIDA variant in my personal opinion NVIDIA is always better than ATI since ive always have had bad experiences with ATI... well see how things go.

Zu (Pluto)
14-04-04, 20:13
And some people have permanent bad experienced with NVidia (the card, not the runner).

@IceHawk: Something to try. Go into your BIOS and make darn sure that Fastwrite is disabled. Afterwards, you may need to go into your Display Properties | Settings (Advanced) to make sure SmartGart realises Fastwrite is disabled. This little "feature" offers perhaps a tiny performance increase but plays havoc with stability.

Step 2. Have you uninstalled previous video drivers completely? I really mean completely! NVidia drivers don't uninstall properly and stuff in the registry, etc, can mess up your system. There are some utlities out there (detonator destroyer?) that does the job for you. (ATI drivers don't uninstall properly either, but since you're moving TO ATI it shouldn't matter).

Step 3. umm. Out of ideas. Try www.rage3d.com and see if the forums or FAQs there can help.

Oh. If you have the little ATI icon in your system tray, get rid of it! You can find it under Display Properties | Settings (Advanced). Turn off all those ATI hotkeys and system tray icons and what-have-you. They cause grief. A lot of it, and is know to make Neocron break.

Good luck!
Zu

robdekoning
14-04-04, 20:22
go to windows task manager and end process of all programs with ati in it :)
fps will stay thje same but no more freez