PDA

View Full Version : A question for Reakktor staff - What now?

Jest
14-04-04, 16:53
Please don't merge this thread with the "official" one as my post is only indirectly related to the September 1st release date.

So now we have heard from both 10tacel and KK about a September release. They have given reasons for it, and while the late release may be in the best interests of Neocron itself, many of us feel like its not in the current players best interests.

ALL of us, whether we agree with Sept 1st or not, want to know what happens now? Please don't get so involved with BDoY that you forget about Neocron. What about the things we were promised NOW? What happened to the Racetrack GR? What happened to Lupus' weapon changes? What happened to the many other promises that were supposed to be in the "next patch." A patch we've been waiting for over a month.

Please don't forget about your current player base. We've brought you this far, don't abandon us. Many of us won't be able to wait 5 months with nothing new, nothing to bring in new players and nothing to keep existing ones. So the question is, what can we expect to see as far as patches/updates go in the months to come? I asked Martin and he said thats not really a question for him and that maybe another staff member could answer it, so how about it?

Shadow Dancer
14-04-04, 16:55
Yea good going jest. You worded it better than I could.

I also want to know if we got any "special treats" planned before DOY. :p

Opar
14-04-04, 16:56
Yeah. I'd like to know this as well. We've been waiting a hell of a long time for some new things in-game. Including the new Melee rares, Racetrack GR, the removal of parashock (^_^), to mention a few.

blaczero
14-04-04, 16:57
i think you have a valid question, we pay monthy, we should get something in return monthly.

Marx
14-04-04, 16:59
i think you have a valid question, we pay monthy, we should get something in return monthly.
You pay to play.

:wtf:

Biznatchy
14-04-04, 17:00
If there are no more patches untill DOY as was the rumor does that mean the following.

1. NO MC5 parts
2. Soulclusters still attacking the caster
3. Doy Bots and Storm bots fighting up in the northeast
4. Parashock still overpowered
5. Many things that im not just thinking of.

All of this just going to sit and wait till past september. We know DOY will be set back at least one more time.

blaczero
14-04-04, 17:01
no, i pay to have fun.

fun is new things, GM events, added content etc...

Marx
14-04-04, 17:02
Do you really think there won't be any patching in the nearly five month period between now and then?

Anyway, the elite storms and DoY bots are doing what they do through GM spawning, not patching.

no, i pay to have fun.

fun is new things, GM events, added content etc...
You pay for access to the virtual world and content updates... That's about it. There's nothing on the box that says "HEY< PAY FOR GMN EVENTAS!!!". Updates do come periodically... So as I mentioned above, I sincerely doubt we'll have a five month period without changes.

msdong
14-04-04, 17:03
... What happened to the Racetrack GR? What happened to Lupus' weapon changes? What happened to the many other promises that were supposed to be in the "next patch." A patch we've been waiting for over a month. ...

ok ill just want my opinion counted. thats what we really need to know.

El_MUERkO
What Jest said /\ /\ /\ /\

alig
Were not even allowed to know who will be publishing this game, they said 10T im sure they did a few months ago but it seems that was another lie amongst many many more.

I thought we was getting the weapon TL change last patch, i never expected no TL change AND a para increase. May as well just pack your bags and quit now....my first account cancels in July, my second will be payed monthly up until then.

[ edited ] Your 10T post or KK post isnt going to fool me. Where is your publisher huh? or will it be on the mini-billboards outside newsagents worldwide published by no one. I wouldnt put it past you that you say your working on DoY and a month before shut the game down.

retr0n
This is a very very valid question because no matter how hard they work
to get BDoY ready, I, and everybody else, am still paying for Neocron, cause
otherwise I'll just cancel my account right now and reactivate when BDoY
comes.. That is if no new content is going to be added etc etc...

XSuneX
14-04-04, 17:04
You pay to play.

:wtf:

If I wanted to play the same thing over and over then I'd play a single player game, or get bored of this one. & I am bored; I will only pay for ever changing dynamic content.

All there is left to do is level, endless leveling.

Marx
14-04-04, 17:07
If I wanted to play the same thing over and over then I'd play a single player game, or get bored of this one. & I am bored; I will only pay for ever changing dynamic content.

All there is left to do is level, endless leveling.What about all those other people out there in the world who you can interact with?

This game is at its base, a PvP game; which means there are lots and lots of enemies out there.

Anyway, how will a few changes in content change the fact that you're going to spend most of your time leveling? In every game, once your character is capped, it gets boring.

Shadow Dancer
14-04-04, 17:12
In every game, once your character is capped, it gets boring.

It depends. Even after being capped. I was fanatic about NC pvp for such a long time.

But the 3 biggest reasons(in order of worst to least worse lol) for me losing interest in pvp is

1.Major pvp imbalance(i'm sure many will disagree)

2.Low population

3.Massive trash talking kiddies

I know KK can't do anything about #3, but I believe they can do something about 1 and 2.

1 doesn't just include direct pvp, but also stuff like messed up soullight, lopsided factions, stuff that ruins op wars, etc... in addition to class balance.

I know I played UO for a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon time after being capped, kuz I was so hooked on the pvp. I only quit because my connection just couldn't handle it anymore. I got tired of fighting "dsl monkeys" that could run faster than me due to their connection.

blaczero
14-04-04, 17:13
IMO, very minor changes go a long way to keep people happy. like something as simple as adding a few weapons, new textures, char models, genrep list/sort order, fixing my client so i dont crash over 5 times / hour.

christ, i put spy PA on for the first time ever on my female char and it turned her into a male :(

i played beta 4 in this game and there are still PLENTY of bugs around that plagued the game even then.

Argent
14-04-04, 17:15
Well said, new content is definetly needed or this game will lose it's interest very fast.

How about starting with a bunch of events on all servers and then some patching, huh? Like finally adding that Terminator run. :rolleyes:

Marx
14-04-04, 17:17
IMO, very minor changes go a long way to keep people happy. like something as simple as adding a few weapons, new textures, char models, genrep list/sort order, fixing my client so i dont crash over 5 times / hour.

christ, i put spy PA on for the first time ever on my female char and it turned her into a male :(

i played beta 4 in this game and there are still PLENTY of bugs around that plagued the game even then.Sure, those things would be lovely - but do you think that any MMO company would go nearly half a year without updating anything?

Dribble Joy
14-04-04, 17:20
Though more content = good, I would rather see SD's 1 & 2 points addressed in the time before DoY.

I get the feeling that nothing will ever get done about para, ppus, sheilds, the SL system though.

XSuneX
14-04-04, 17:21
What about all those other people out there in the world who you can interact with?

This game is at its base, a PvP game; which means there are lots and lots of enemies out there.

Anyway, how will a few changes in content change the fact that you're going to spend most of your time leveling? In every game, once your character is capped, it gets boring.

Well, I'm not capped. only level 40 and about in the 25's for the rest of the alts. And just to do 5 epics runs, I had to level first and you know how long that takes.

This game is parcticaly the same as it was from the start.

Put a freeking GR at the RACE TRACK already!!!!, I say., "Hay you wanna race?" "Ok?"

alig
14-04-04, 17:24
Its not the new content that i think bothers people the most even though they say it is....i know it gets under my skin when they patch, fuck something up (last patch was para to name just one of the things) and leave it several months before fixing it...i bet at least someone quit because of the state of para atm, and just because they didnt come here to say their quitting doesnt mean no one quit this month.

How hard is it to make a fucking square room with 1 wall and 5 guards to shoot you....im talking about mc5 of course....ive done mapping in my time and i dont even think that takes common sense "Start builder > Make Cube > 'dimensions - 1024x1024x512 > Build > Add MC5 Guard x 5 > Patch" Well that took me 3 months ladies and gentlemen, i wonder how long it will take kk to work that out.

XSuneX
14-04-04, 17:27
i put spy PA on for the first time ever on my female char and it turned her into a male :(

That happened to me too, but when I was zoneing in the wastlands, but only for ten minutes.

glad it was for ten minutes cuz I did not want to waste my time E-Mailing help desk.

Marx
14-04-04, 17:27
Well, I'm not capped. only level 40 and about in the 25's for the rest of the alts. And just to do 5 epics runs, I had to level first and you know how long that takes.

This game is parcticaly the same as it was from the start.

Put a freeking GR at the RACE TRACK already!!!!, I say., "Hay you wanna race?" "Ok?"All MMO's are the same from the beginning to the end. The idea behind a MMO is it also has the social aspect, so perhaps you could eliminate the tedium of killing something which looks and acts exactly like a bigger version of something you killed earlier on... With other people.

I think they're waiting on the GR at the racetrack because of something else they're planning, perhaps involving it.

Its not the new content that i think bothers people the most even though they say it is....i know it gets under my skin when they patch, fuck something up (last patch was para to name just one of the things) and leave it several months before fixing itThat I agree with, it is annoying to have to wait while they fix the problem.

Shadow Dancer
14-04-04, 17:33
... With other people.

Which NC seems to be lacking.

I just went on pluto.

Yeeesh.

:(

I honestly do think pluto is dying a slow death.

Marx
14-04-04, 17:34
Which NC seems to be lacking.

I just went on pluto.

Yeeesh.

Yup, sad day for humanity and the like.

Argent
14-04-04, 17:35
I just went on pluto.

I quit playing on Pluto like 9 months ago or something, and it was dead then. I don't even wanna think how the situation is now.

Helius
14-04-04, 17:41
Nice to see all the helpful GMs responding with lightning speed to help its community through a difficult patch they jsut created :(

[ edited ]

blaczero
14-04-04, 17:50
Sure, those things would be lovely - but do you think that any MMO company would go nearly half a year without updating anything?

heh not sure where you got this from. i never said i thought they wouldnt patch.

this post is about encouraging them to not forget about us :)

Marx
14-04-04, 17:51
heh not sure where you got this from. i never said i thought they wouldnt patch.

this post is about encouraging them to not forget about us :)
They won't. Don't worry.

Devils Grace
14-04-04, 17:55
Nice to see all the helpful GMs responding with lightning speed to help its community through a difficult patch they jsut created :(

[ edited ]

[ edited ]

on topic
This questions will not be answered because the investors don't want to let us know what a great game they are preparing.....haa.........i mean the new contents are yet to be finish.....haaa.........i mean........ohh well........they are to busy finishing DoY, so a couple NPC's shot themselves alone in plaza, and copbots killing the CA guards in plaza 1 and more
what ?

im off here

icarium
14-04-04, 18:06
fixing the soulcuster bug that some numpty created would be a start. it has been like 2 months now :rolleyes:

retr0n
14-04-04, 18:14
Why am I not surprised that no official statement on this issue has been given

FFS KK!! A Simple Yes or No will do just fine! And no lies!

Will you keep updating/patching/fixing the game?? Yes or No???

Marx
14-04-04, 18:21
Why am I not surprised that no official statement on this issue has been given

FFS KK!! A Simple Yes or No will do just fine! And no lies!

Will you keep updating/patching/fixing the game?? Yes or No???Right now there's no one browsing the forums who can give an 'official' response to this issue. It takes time to get responses, and I've no doubt it will be a big stink when one does come.

:p

Devils Grace
14-04-04, 18:25
Will you keep updating/patching/fixing the game?? Yes or No???

its pretty obvous that u didnt get the message
By not saying anything they are actually saying.........

MAYBE

retr0n
14-04-04, 18:30
its pretty obvous that u didnt get the message
By not saying anything they are actually saying.........

MAYBE

Yes, but MAYBE doesnt cut it anymore, not after 100 maybes.
The reason why i want to know this is if I should just cancel my accounts
right now and reactivate when BDoY comes or am I to expect something
new in the game as it is.

ezza
14-04-04, 18:44
they take fucking ages to sort anything out around here, so dont count on getting any patches or even a response in this thread :mad:

retr0n
14-04-04, 18:47
they take fucking ages to sort anything out around here, so dont count on getting any patches or even a response in this thread :mad:

As sad as that is, it's also the truth.

XSuneX
14-04-04, 18:48
What about all those other people out there in the world who you can interact with?

Yeah right, "Anyone Poking?" come on.

I feel sorry for you vets who been around waiting for two years & have to rely on your own inginuity to have any fun what so ever?

Just chat over the internet if thats what it is all about.

You been around for a long while right? Well can you imagine how you can PvP with even just a little more content? Would it be that bad?

It seems like MMOG's promise and not give. Can't just one of them add new content and have Organized events regularly?

Dribble Joy
14-04-04, 18:49
It seems like MMOG's promise and not give. Can't just one of them add new content and have Organized events regularly?

Because believe it or not events need far more planning and organisation than you might think.

Devils Grace
14-04-04, 18:58
Because believe it or not events need far more planning and organisation than you might think.

You are realising by saying that you saying that there is none of this in this game

Biznatchy
14-04-04, 19:05
Sure, those things would be lovely - but do you think that any MMO company would go nearly half a year without updating anything?

There was this game called Jumpgate that went more the half a year without a patch, in fact I think it went that long without a gm logging in. BTW its is on the verge of shutting down. The expansion for Jumpgate was more then a year late. It almost didnt make it out.

But it does happen.

Jest
14-04-04, 20:00
Right now there's no one browsing the forums who can give an 'official' response to this issue. It takes time to get responses, and I've no doubt it will be a big stink when one does come.
:p I think Martin is a great guy and does a good job with this game, but in reality the answer to this question should have been released with the official September 1st thread. It should've been, "the official release date is Sept 1st, we'll have beta testing etc..., and according to the lead developer you should expect to see the following in the next 5 months of gameplay, because we care about our current player base not just our future player base."

I definitely wasn't looking for an official answer within the first hour of posting or anything. They are well within their rights to completely ignore this thread and the rest of us who want an answer, but I'm hoping they won't.

Marx you say they will obviously do patches and updates between now and then but I'm not as confident as you are. If it was we would have had a patch in the last month. If it was certain, then there wouldn't be several Faction Counsellors as well as Faction Counsellor Assistants who don't think they will last till September 1st. Players are leaving by the scores. Its obvious that most of us are uncertain about the months to come, if Reakktor doesn't give a response I'm afraid the numbers will just keep dropping.