PDA

View Full Version : phobia of spiders help!!!

Neocrons_coward
14-04-04, 00:15
Right i offically need some one to help me out by telling me where all the spiders are located... I dont mind what they are robot, psi or normal.. I was browsing the map and came accross Red link or something in B09.. I thought ah its not far from jeriko fortress lets gop there so i followed the road and saw baby spiders which grew into big and then got grand.. I was on my bike so i wasnt so scared just a lil edgy as im aracniphobic.. (little spiders i dont mind) I got to the place and saw some one which looked like a mage from Crahn run by with a spell and i couldnt see the name highlight so i didnt enter.. I called out to ask if anyone knew if it was safe or not and got no response and then outta no where this Giant psi spider spawns and chases me round with me shitting myself and thinking fuck it i gotta get to the town.. (please bear in mind my motorbike is other end of the valley).. Well i ran to the building and tried to jump on the roof and landed beside the spider that was chasing me and shit myself even more!!! and went in thru the front door and up the stairs to kill it.. I then logged out after running aWAY from the place..

I need to know if anyone could hunt with me if you see me about the place.. At the moment i only know Outzone and Jeriko fotress area as i explored those.. On my own.. Mutants dont scare me no more i got confidence in them but the spiders make me feel very very aracnaphobic and i just want someone who if u see me about the place will help me out and take me to all the locations or some of them on the map and show me whats about the place... I dont have any friends on neocron anymore as they all turned into <scanning> and its kinda bad hunting alone so yeah.. if any clans in biotech are recruiting lemmie know OR if ur able to help me out plz lemmie know.,. I dont want anyone to do what they did in zeon... Take me somewhere and then leave me and log off because thats A cruel, B unfair and C can make me ave a mini panic attack... Not a big one thankfully jus a lil one.. I know this is only a game and that but the graphics make them look sooooo real and it scares me PLEASE help me out...

Yahantica - Biotech - Bodyguard - Weakest point: Spiders...

p.s please doint take me when its dark in game.. unless we are under ground as if i loose ya ill panic a little...

Thanks

Valkyrie
14-04-04, 00:41
I would start calling you a pussy, but yeah the robot spider kinda creep me out too since they got their speed upgrade.

Drake6k
14-04-04, 00:46
Are you looking for attention?

Neocrons_coward
14-04-04, 00:54
Are you looking for attention?

No

Im looking for

A hunting buddy
B someone to talk to
C to overcome me phobia or tryu to face the fact they wont hurt
D maybe a little attention... i know i certainly got yours

and E

If u asked anyone whos ever hunted with me if they still played they wud tell u how badly i am scared of spiders.. robotic spiders dont scare me its the other ones that do

Spex
14-04-04, 00:55
... then never think about entering the lowest level of the Pepper Park sewers, which is full of spiders (or the storage in Outzone 2, it contains some neat spiders, too) :-X

Valkyrie
14-04-04, 00:59
... then never think about entering the lowest level of the Pepper Park sewers, which is full of spiders (or the storage in Outzone 2, it contains some neat spiders, too) :-X

Oh yeah I been there, the spiders fill the floor, and they are see through too. You can see their guts.

Neocrons_coward
14-04-04, 01:01

Someone when i was on zeon took me to the OUTZONE spiders which i didnt like coz he fucked off and left me there i had to get my mate to log in under me and get me out as i kept aving mild panic attacks.. I just want someone to show me.. i seen a place called something mines and a ladder leads down it looks interesting but i wanna explore but feel scared too.. is there anything bad down there??? oir just pussy mutants

shodanjr_gr
14-04-04, 01:04
Err...what rank are you? I cant recall any spiders ingame being a threat runners above rank 25/30. Might be wrong though.

Neocrons_coward
14-04-04, 01:06
Err...what rank are you? I cant recall any spiders ingame being a threat runners above rank 25/30. Might be wrong though.

Im around 30... I know the black spiders that roam neocron that spoit at me kill me in the dark.. but in daytime im ok as im more co ordinated where they are.. I still get harmed by em... spitting spiders i dont like

amfest
14-04-04, 01:09
neocron's coward has already stated a few times that she is aracniphobic. So plz chill on her. when you have a real bad phobia of something it can hit hard with just images or even reprenstations of it. Only those with real phobia's can really understand the suffering these people have. People without phobia's tend to not understand at all.

As for spiders they are in the jeriko sector north of it. also to the south west and south east area. near the factorys on either side. watch those zone areas and the surrounding zone areas cause they contain the grand spiders and a myraid of other types. There are small spiders and regular spiders in the MB storage areas. If you're referring to gaya mine. It contains renegade copbots and a storm and such. No spiders that i recall though it can be bad if you're not prepared to take those hits :P

Neocrons_coward
14-04-04, 01:10
I keep telling meself that its only a game half the time and it aint real but it aint helping so any methods i could try to just not be scared... Could someone send me a screenie if poss of pp sewers that have spiders id b well grateful also could ppl tell me where to avoid big spiders and that

Neocrons_coward
14-04-04, 01:12
neocron's coward has already stated a few times that she is aracniphobic. So plz chill on her. when you have a real bad phobia of something it can hit hard with just images or even reprenstations of it. Only those with real phobia's can really understand the suffering these people have. People without phobia's tend to not understand at all.

As for spiders they are in the jeriko sector north of it. also to the south west and south east area. near the factorys on either side. watch those zone areas and the surrounding zone areas cause they contain the grand spiders and a myraid of other types. There are small spiders and regular spiders in the MB storage areas. If you're referring to gaya mine. It contains renegade copbots and a storm and such. No spiders that i recall though it can be bad if you're not prepared to take those hits :P

Thanks for that.. and thanks for saying im a female... Its a good compliment lol.. i act like one on neocron lol.. Well cheers for tleling me.. I just see a hole in the floor and if its above level 1 i dont enter it coz its something i dont do alone... i just spoend all me time hunting and i am trying me best to overcome this fear... maybe one day u all should see me play neocron and watch me shit myself... :P

Goa'uld
14-04-04, 01:14
Someone when i was on zeon took me to the OUTZONE spiders which i didnt like coz he fucked off and left me there i had to get my mate to log in under me and get me out as i kept aving mild panic attacks..

I don't suppose that guy was SerpentsSong? or something along that line? :lol:

Neocrons_coward
14-04-04, 01:15
I don't suppose that guy was SerpentsSong? or something along that line? :lol:

Dunno but he seems to understand me fear... I gotta be up in four hours for work and im a lil paronoid bout sleeping as its not off my mind uyet and still on it
]
But im gonna try i got my alarm clock on full wack and my hifi set on full wac so i will not b destroyed by a dream..

Goa'uld
14-04-04, 01:16
Dunno but he seems to understand me fear... I gotta be up in four hours for work and im a lil paronoid bout sleeping as its not off my mind uyet and still on it
]
But im gonna try i got my alarm clock on full wack and my hifi set on full wac so i will not b destroyed by a dream..

Was he a high level GenTank, or any other class? :eek:

Estabin
14-04-04, 01:21
[ edited ]

Goa'uld
14-04-04, 01:25
??? message too short?
[Edit - sorry :(]

Shadow Dancer
14-04-04, 01:35
Really immature guys. Someone says they have a phobia and you post pics to irritate them?

Good lord. :rolleyes:

Anyways, to my knowledge Neocron there is no mid-level to high level spider creature.

Except spiderbots. But I don't think they resemble spiders enough to scare you. They do have multiple legs though.

amfest
14-04-04, 01:38
yea the only higher level spiders are reaperspiders and the choas queen but they aren't total spider as they have a torso more like a centaur

Kenjuten
14-04-04, 01:38
From what I've seen of them they mimick enough aspects of a spider to incite the phobia...

I have a phobia of height, even though in games I don't show that kind of thing...what're you gonna do now, show pictures of people falling and scared, or wrecks of people on the ground from falling a good amount of feet?

Grow up. Your postings of those pics can only tell me there are some fears within yourselves as well.

Goa'uld
14-04-04, 01:39
http://www.sitepen.com/portfolio/images/falling.jpg

OMG the poor toy man :(

heh, anyway no spiders, mechanical or not can't realy pose a threat

:angel:

Kenjuten
14-04-04, 01:41
Says you who does not have the phobia.

If I was any worse of a person I'd try to seek what phobias you'd have...and even then there's not much of a point, as each person has their own levels of phobias...you may only experience them in real life. People like N_C have a level high enough to be activated by things not in real life.

Edit: Check above. I'm not affected by it except in real life. Mook.

Nidhogg
14-04-04, 01:45
Any more spiders posted will result in a 3 day ban. Estabin and Goa'Uld, expect emails.

N

amfest
you're intentinaly trying to cause mental dmg and I do believe that is a big no no. As i've said before People without true hardcore phobias can't understand. And people with immature attitudes will think it funny and play with it thinking it's not real or something to laugh at.

Goa'uld
Says you who does not have the phobia.

If I was any worse of a person I'd try to seek what phobias you'd have...and even then there's not much of a point, as each person has their own levels of phobias...you may only experience them in real life. People like N_C have a level high enough to be activated by things not in real life.

Edit: Check above. I'm not affected by it except in real life. Mook.

mook?

Anyway, yeah ok it was immature, im sorry, :(

but im sure neocrons "amazing" graphics, wouldn't realy bother him?

maybe he is seeking attention, anywho he is a nice guy in game

Kenjuten
14-04-04, 01:49
Regardless of graphical detail, I did notice the spider-type creatures act amazingly realistically (little things like this is what I deem one of Neocron's saving graces), even in their centaur-like state...it can be real enough to those that allow it.

Besides, what's wrong with asking for support?

At any rate, apology accepted. :p

Goa'uld
14-04-04, 01:52
Regardless of graphical detail, I did notice the spider-type creatures act amazingly realistically, even in their centaur-like state...it can be real enough to those that allow it.

Besides, what's wrong with asking for support?

At any rate, apology accepted. :p

:)

Yeah guess your right, they can act pretty real at times, but those squeeks?

are they mutated spider-rats or something? 8|

i remeber taking neocrons_coward to the outzone storage with the queen in, he didnt see that botherd, then again he was running around alot :)

Estabin
14-04-04, 02:03
Oops, I just skimmed over the posts and remembered an interesting picture I had seen. I thought it was a question on where to find spiders and hunt them not that the guy had an actual phobia :p anyway my apoligies to the original poster if I offended him or scared him, it was not my intention.

Organics
14-04-04, 02:51
Lol sure, with a thread title of "Phobia of spiders help!!!" you thought he was looking for them :rolleyes:

Anyway, I've seen N_C's thread about spiders before, and I can sympathise with it since I'm scared to death of spiders bigger than a pinhead or similar. Even ingame spiders scare me, not too bad in NC, but then they affect different people in different ways.

Don't be so fucking childish and post pics etc.

Nidhogg
14-04-04, 02:58
Ok, ok, apologies have been posted. If you're not phobic yourself it's difficult to understand why it's such a big deal. Let's move on, please.

N

Dead On Time
14-04-04, 03:11
LoL!
Sorry, don't mean to laugh, but it did make me smile.

The robot spiders freak me out with their uber speed bursts. First time it happened I fell off my chair :D I kid you not.
And I got 2 spiders walking around my room right now. I encourage em cos they kill off those bloody little midges that swarm round here in the summer.

I'm bored outta my mind in Neocron right now so PM me on this forum and I'll arrange to log on and give you some moral support facing those spiders :)

btw, I've got a phobia of expanded polystyrene. How odd is that? Even thinking about it is making the hairs on my back stand up. Absolutely no idea why.

hegemonic
14-04-04, 03:38
meh suspects this to be a late April's Fools joke... (a la EQ suicide girl)

The aggro spiderbots move freakishly fast though... picture killing a WB and beginning a hack, at the end of the hack you come out and see a bunch of spiderbots gatting your ass (and his friends 2 zones over doing the same!)!

0.o
-

kbmg
14-04-04, 07:26
:)

Yeah guess your right, they can act pretty real at times, but those squeeks?

are they mutated spider-rats or something? 8|

yeah somehow all the dna has been altered and the rats are accually part kitten.
I am arachniphobic myself if you ever see me around a real spider i start screaming kill it kill it. but because of the phobia ive developed a facination with Video game spiders and other fantasy bugs. the best way to get over a phobia is make it into an obsession.

don't get me wrong the first time i saw one of those yellow spotted spiders in sewer one i had a mini heart attack. but there is something oddly theriputic about doing 300+ damage to the object of ones fear and watching it curl up in a little puddle of yellow goo.

I think that was the point of Neocron cowards thread he wanted to face his fear with proper backup. ive seen locutis the psispider myself and hid intil my rl husband loged on and squished him he is fairly intimidating.

Vryce
14-04-04, 08:07
and then outta no where this Giant psi spider spawns and chases me round with me shitting myself and thinking fuck it i gotta get to the town..

That's Locutus, at Point Red; he's around level 30/30 and throws a flame spell.
You should be able to dodge him easily enough, since he doesn't run that fast.

El Barto
14-04-04, 11:58
Whats your in game name? Or is it the same as your forums name?

alig
14-04-04, 12:55
Your scared of neocrons spiders :lol:

:wtf: You wouldnt see me in the same room as a spider ever, they are my worst nightmare irl :eek: but that doesnt mean that graphically made spiders scare me... :lol: Get on with it man! and watch Eight Legged Freaks :p

jiga
14-04-04, 13:34
I know this sounds a bit old fashioned but i think u need to face ur fears. im scared of heights but im going to the alps this summer and i enjoy jumping out of jets in BF:V coz it gives me a tingly feeling in my tummy :)

Aziraphale
14-04-04, 13:35
That's Locutus, at Point Red; he's around level 30/30 and throws a flame spell.
You should be able to dodge him easily enough, since he doesn't run that fast.

What's with that thing? Is there a story behind it or anything? As I haven't seen any similar mobs anywhere else.

J. Folsom
14-04-04, 13:36
It's probably part of one of the epic runs.

If it's not that, it's mostly like some kind of weird inside joke for KK.

craio
14-04-04, 13:37
The spiders used to scare the hell out of me sometimes aswell,but spending an evening in a darkend room in that sewer somehow helped a lot.

I would post a pic of the area in the pp sewers you wanted, it has an insane (for low lvls runners)spawn rate of spiders,but the pic contains spiders aswell so im just gonna post a link to it (referring to Nid's post).

Thats what you see (minus the mobs) when you are heading towards the spawn place.
Sewer pic (http://mercury.walagata.com/w/craio/arachspot.jpg)

Might have overlooked but you didn't mention which server you are on

Neocrons_coward
14-04-04, 14:36
Your scared of neocrons spiders :lol:

:wtf: You wouldnt see me in the same room as a spider ever, they are my worst nightmare irl :eek: but that doesnt mean that graphically made spiders scare me... :lol: Get on with it man! and watch Eight Legged Freaks :p

I havent watched eight legged freaks or arac whatever it was with all those spiders... I tend to flare up in goosebumps at first up the back of me neck and then it follows by a small panic attack which rarely but sometimes turns into a big one where i have to exit the game and get a friend to log in under me to remove me from the area i wanted to explore... I got a map of neocron and ive highlighted all areas im not confident on visiting due to spiders.. To have a phobia of something as strong as this what i have got is like having a section of your life and rights violated.. Put it one way... You know tomb radier 2??? The bit where u go in the castle on first level and u got the cob webs and then spiders come crawling... Well that is enough to bring me up in goosebumps and that.,. So i avoid tomb radier games.. If they graphics were 2D id be alright lol.. My ingame name is Yahantica.. I am very nervous alot when exploring on me own whether its real life or ingame... If you put me in point red with that psi spider id probably have a panic attack again so im gonna avoid it... (if it was real i would have to get a book to spam it with and kill it... I freak out too easily. I can handle anything BUT spiders...)

N thanks for helping me out ere on posts and that... with regards to imaged.. Lucky they dont broadcast on my screen...

Yahantica

Neocrons_coward
14-04-04, 14:37
The spiders used to scare the hell out of me sometimes aswell,but spending an evening in a darkend room in that sewer somehow helped a lot.

I would post a pic of the area in the pp sewers you wanted, it has an insane (for low lvls runners)spawn rate of spiders,but the pic contains spiders aswell so im just gonna post a link to it (referring to Nid's post).

Thats what you see (minus the mobs) when you are heading towards the spawn place.
Sewer pic (http://mercury.walagata.com/w/craio/arachspot.jpg)

Might have overlooked but you didn't mention which server you are on

Cheers for the pic... I am gonna avoid that area... It doesnt look very friendly nor socialable... Kind of place I would exit the game and get my friend to log in... I do however hope to one day over come my fear and be a steve irwin (not a g day m8)

Neocrons_coward
14-04-04, 14:39
I know this sounds a bit old fashioned but i think u need to face ur fears. im scared of heights but im going to the alps this summer and i enjoy jumping out of jets in BF:V coz it gives me a tingly feeling in my tummy :)

Ive tried facing many times and each time me pulse rate has increased by a big percentage... My mate had a lil gadjet that we tried a year or so ago and my pulse was average on normal but once he put m,e in control and there was a spider it was like fuck fuyck run run run

Kenjuten
14-04-04, 14:44
The PSI-Spiders have a unique history file...I'll dig it up later.

The basic is: It's a mutant with PSI abilities...apparently he was treated as punishment and got into his current state..

Garg [RogueNET]
14-04-04, 14:46
Z, you know I'll help ya... just DM me ingame

Neocrons_coward
14-04-04, 14:54
']Z, you know I'll help ya... just DM me ingame

Cheers garg... I asked u recently and u were busy :P hehe... Well yeah please do garg b cool... I aim to someday b able to actually touch a spider andf not feel scared./// Maybe i should go to me mates and pick up his tarantula (not in a million yrs)

Garg [RogueNET]
14-04-04, 14:55
ye sorry bout that... clan was being a pain =)

Neocrons_coward
14-04-04, 15:01
']ye sorry bout that... clan was being a pain =)

hehe no problems... As long as biotech dont have an epic mission bout spiders and that ill be ok... Hence why i avoid the spider missions bout killing grand whatever it was... Are those spiders in the swamp??? i think i accidentally h9it one when i got stuck in the marsh and had some twat moaning next to me.. dont ever take women for a ride in ur car to the swamp..:P

Mr Friendly
14-04-04, 15:07
I would start calling you a pussy.

(refer to his name: "Neocrons_coward")
i think he's aware of it :p

Garg [RogueNET]
hehe, i actually have same phobia as you... buti can handle the in-game ones.... but considering u ar really scared of these... NEVER play Diablo2 lol :lol:
now those are bad if u haev a phobia of em .. trust me

johngreen2000
I would think about helping you Yant but since you were causing problems in the aggie cellar a few days ago, i think you are getting what ya deserve.

metalangel
14-04-04, 15:21
I used to be terrified of them, and I'm meant to be a brave fella. Then I had an intensely (like, she had to have therapy) archanophobic housemate and then my GF and I moved into a flat which was infested with them (and she made me take care of them, even though she wants to get a pet tarantula o_O )

So how do I deal with them? First of all, I say to myself I'm NOT going to let these little fuckers spoil what I'm doing. And I don't brood over getting them, I march right over there with a shoe and SMASH! (this is IRL btw)

In games, I just remember that I have a big, powerful gun. Whenever I get scared in a game by something I just remember I have a gun and if I blast the living shit out of it then it won't get me. This really works for me, whether I'm creeped out by zombies, or spiders, or whatever, I just pat my gun, check I've got a full clip and open fire. :D

Dead On Time
14-04-04, 17:54
Remember... spiders are far more scared of you than you are of them. Why? You're about 10,000 times their size.

Incidentally, I remember some years ago, when I was still living in my family home. The family cat liked eating spiders. It was awful. Eugh!
One time he was stalking something across the carpet. I looked. A little spider, not much bigger than my fingernail, that was running like fury. POUNCE. Cat's mouth closes around the spider. A fraction before it got squished the spider jumped out of the cat's mouth. And I do mean jumped. Managed about 1 1/2 feet. For a spider that size it was incredible.
The cat? PHWUMPH. Huge fluffed fuzball. Then WHOOSH!!! Ran behind the TV stand and wouldn't come out. Now my mother has an arachnophobic cat.

StryfeX
14-04-04, 18:20
Remember... spiders are far more scared of you than you are of them. Why? You're about 10,000 times their size.

Incidentally, I remember some years ago, when I was still living in my family home. The family cat liked eating spiders. It was awful. Eugh!
One time he was stalking something across the carpet. I looked. A little spider, not much bigger than my fingernail, that was running like fury. POUNCE. Cat's mouth closes around the spider. A fraction before it got squished the spider jumped out of the cat's mouth. And I do mean jumped. Managed about 1 1/2 feet. For a spider that size it was incredible.
The cat? PHWUMPH. Huge fluffed fuzball. Then WHOOSH!!! Ran behind the TV stand and wouldn't come out. Now my mother has an arachnophobic cat.LOL :lol:

That's great.

I'm not really scared of spiders, but I'm not too fond of them, either. If they're in places I don't want them to be, they die by shoe, otherwise, I usually just let them bugger off. (Pun intended. :D ;))

--Stryfe

P.S. - I'm not sure what server you're on, but if you want some support on Saturn, that's where I am. DM Stryfe, StryfeX, or CyberStryfe.

Garg [RogueNET]
14-04-04, 19:19
just wanted to add.. Z im playing my alt Covent atm.. started 2 days ago.. wanna get PA by night so DM me on him =)

Neocrons_coward
14-04-04, 23:37
I would think about helping you Yant but since you were causing problems in the aggie cellar a few days ago, i think you are getting what ya deserve.

what proiblem was i causing???? i only sticking up for another player who was being slagged off... Im a bodyguard in the game its my duty.. it hgives me the soul right to roleplay... if it means telling u ur mukms a (beep beep beep) then hey it does :P joking

Neocrons_coward
14-04-04, 23:38
I used to be terrified of them, and I'm meant to be a brave fella. Then I had an intensely (like, she had to have therapy) archanophobic housemate and then my GF and I moved into a flat which was infested with them (and she made me take care of them, even though she wants to get a pet tarantula o_O )

So how do I deal with them? First of all, I say to myself I'm NOT going to let these little fuckers spoil what I'm doing. And I don't brood over getting them, I march right over there with a shoe and SMASH! (this is IRL btw)

In games, I just remember that I have a big, powerful gun. Whenever I get scared in a game by something I just remember I have a gun and if I blast the living shit out of it then it won't get me. This really works for me, whether I'm creeped out by zombies, or spiders, or whatever, I just pat my gun, check I've got a full clip and open fire. :D

its when i shoot 1 too many and i run outta ammo i beleive god exists.... the bastard still dont help me i still die or log out and log in and then run away again.. coz they loose focus on u :)

Neocrons_coward
14-04-04, 23:42
LOL :lol:

That's great.

I'm not really scared of spiders, but I'm not too fond of them, either. If they're in places I don't want them to be, they die by shoe, otherwise, I usually just let them bugger off. (Pun intended. :D ;))

--Stryfe

P.S. - I'm not sure what server you're on, but if you want some support on Saturn, that's where I am. DM Stryfe, StryfeX, or CyberStryfe.

I usually just scream... tresspassers must die and throw everything at it til it dies... I know i need to slowly get ova it and it will come with time.. just wanna die out the nightmares i tend to have bout spiders... (u kno the ones where ur there lost in a world and this over sized spider comes form no where and ur running and it gets u still?)