PDA

View Full Version : NC:BDoY - Official Release Date

Pages : [1] 2 3

Martin J. Schwiezer
13-04-04, 22:56
The official release date for "Neocron: Beyond Dome of York" will be the 1st of September 2004. We will have a closed beta test launching significantly earlier, where selected community members will be asked to help us test and improve NC:BDoY.

Shadow Dancer
13-04-04, 22:57
Whoa, kick ass. <3

I'm excited.

Max Jefferson
13-04-04, 22:58
Most excellent, looking forward to it :)

Robert [GS]
13-04-04, 22:58
ohoh ...

Kenjuten
13-04-04, 23:02
((Watch the amount of people that're gonna bitch that the release date is in Q3-Q4 instead of Q2...))

Great! I hope to take part in this beta...if not I will simply ready myself for DoY. 4 months or so should be enough time..

Eddie
13-04-04, 23:02
Wow.. after just reading that closed thread I was beginning to give up hope.. *sniff*

Nice suprise here :)

Glad to see a date set.. and that definitely means we're on course.

And MJS, how would a mere mortal such as my dear self express an interest in helping with the closed beta? (Though I doubt there wouldn't be too many who wouldn't be interested..?)

Eddie

Possessed
13-04-04, 23:04
Too far away... ah fuck it I give up.

One broken promise too many I'm afriad... cylon says the same thing.

:(

Candaman
3 Release

"Neocron: Beyond Dome of York" will be released in three languages (english, german and french) during the second Quarter 2004. Additional details about price and availability will be announced during the next months. Preorders will be available exclusively on Neocron.com starting March 15 2004.

Martin J. Schwiezer
CEO and Founder of REAKKTOR.COM

The official release date for "Neocron: Beyond Dome of York" will be the 1st of September 2004. We will have a closed beta test launching significantly earlier, where selected community members will be asked to help us test and improve NC:BDoY.

12 divided by 4 = 3

jan feb march april may june july august spetember october november december

now hold on isn't september in the 3rd quarter

missed out on deadline again?

cRazy2003
wuhahahaha uber

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!
LET ME TRY BETA TESTS, im a noob, i can test the new newbie experience :p

eLcHi
13-04-04, 23:06
uh, nevermind ^^

Eddie
13-04-04, 23:06
12 divided by 4 = 3

jan feb march april may june july august spetember october november december

now hold on isn't september in the 3rd quarter

missed out on deadline again?

Damn it. Was just about going to lay into you for missing October :P

Eddie

Clownst0pper
13-04-04, 23:07

Glad to hear it Martin.

Question - Selected community members? Is this determined by experiance, such as myself 2+ years and capped all classes.

Or just random applications and forum choices made by yourselves? I would love to be part of the 'testing'

olavski
13-04-04, 23:07
Excellent, that's after Euro 2004, Tour de France and the Olympics.

Great timing :D

Seth Humphrey
13-04-04, 23:08
hmmm... ja... war nicht dir rede vom 2'ten quartal?

*sing* Manchmal aber nur manchmal... hat der Marin ein kleines bißchen haue gern... *sing* :D

btw... ich dachte wir haben bislang dafür beta getestet??? :D

sorry... but i dont see a german post atm for this... so i post here...

Celt
13-04-04, 23:09
SEPTEMBER?

I was willing to stick around to June/July.

September?

Goodbye.

Kenjuten
13-04-04, 23:10
=\

Now, I'm not trying to make myself sound like a fanboy...really, whether you do or not is up to you, and I couldn't care less.

KK isn't Blizzard or any other company...but hey, look at this:

We're going to get more content each time they need more time to finish up.

Oh, and by the by, all you blokes wanted your release date. You got it, can you now at least calm down for now? =\

"No! Because we want to bitch and bitch and get our cookie and cake and eat it too you N*** bastards!"

-.-; Why do I try, anyway?

GT_Rince
13-04-04, 23:11
Yeah, Right... I'll believe that shit when I see it. This times next year we MAY see it... Just one lie after another...

Jesus :rolleyes:

EDIT--------

[ edited ]

Trillian
13-04-04, 23:14
omg.. whee sex sex sex

Candaman
13-04-04, 23:17
=\

Now, I'm not trying to make myself sound like a fanboy...really, whether you do or not is up to you, and I couldn't care less.

KK isn't Blizzard or any other company...but hey, look at this:

We're going to get more content each time they need more time to finish up.

Oh, and by the by, all you blokes wanted your release date. You got it, can you now at least calm down for now? =\

"No! Because we want to bitch and bitch and get our cookie and cake and eat it too you N*** bastards!"

lmao if u were a woman i bet u would get beaten and say yes sorry darling its my fault it won't happen again i'm sorry

Jaffo
13-04-04, 23:17
i know announce the 1st of september my new official birthday

Ulle
13-04-04, 23:18
If you wish to announce that you are leaving due to this new info please do it in a seperate thread so I can close it and we can all move on.

FreeBassX
I'll have to agree with Celts comment about saying goodbye..

Yet again, dates are missed... :rolleyes:

Been playing and waiting for the expansion since I started when NC went retail, and continued to get more and more disappointed. I'm now to the point that I'll believe that there is a product, as soon as I see the boxes on the shelves. Hell, the pictures that RPGVault posts.. Some (not all) looked photoshopped.

The whole BS of the pre-order sign up was all HYPE.. It was to keep whatever was left of this dying community ingame.

Time to accept the fact, the game is dying.. Your losing more and more people weekly due to dated gfx, boring content, lack of land mass.. PvP is the only thing that keeps this game going, but for how long??

Candaman
If you wish to announce that you are leaving due to this new info please do it in a seperate thread so I can close it and we can all move on.

can u close a entire communitys threads?

GT_Rince
13-04-04, 23:19

So people arn't allowed to voice their disgust at dates being missed - yet again?

Do me a favour...

plague
13-04-04, 23:20
No way lol September * looks at calendar* ........mmmm1,2,3,4 months
oh well atleast we will get reason to bitch if its not here :lol:

very kewl news, me happy :D

GT_Rince
13-04-04, 23:21
The whole BS of the pre-order sign up was all HYPE.. It was to keep whatever was left of this dying community ingame.

Gotta agree with that - this has been one lie after another. You watch. That dote will come around and DoY will NOT be released....

Pathetic

Opar
13-04-04, 23:21
Wow, First of September. I can wait... If I were KK, however, I would push to release it earlier..... Ive already seen about 3 leaving posts already in this thread alone.

Kenjuten
13-04-04, 23:22
lmao if u were a woman i bet u would get beaten and say yes sorry darling its my fault it won't happen again i'm sorryAnd you were trying to mean by that, what?

If you have something against me personally, Brother, PM me about it.

GT_Rince
13-04-04, 23:23
Oh, and can we have a reason why it is postponed yet again?

No doubt will be some excuse about publishers, testing, no money, etc...

I have 4 accounts - I will not be renewing any of them after they expire. Fuck this lying shit.

Possessed
13-04-04, 23:23
I think KK like digging their own grave over matters like this... 90% of the people I know ingame are/were only hanging around in the hope that DoY would be released before the summer... at lastest at the beginning of the summer, now... nothing left to hold us in the game. GG KK.

Shadow Dancer
13-04-04, 23:24
Maybe they can get the closed beta testers to post their thoughts on DOY while their testing it? Maybe block out their names or something.

Maybe they could write stuff like "wow, it's looking pretty good so far. Very stable, haven't ran into any problems. Their are a variety of new places to explore"

or stuff like "hrmm, I'm worried. Buggy, doesn't seem like it will be finished in time" You know, post their honest opinions.

Dribble Joy
13-04-04, 23:24
Wow, First of September. I can wait... If I were KK, however, I would push to release it earlier..... Ive already seen about 3 leaving posts already in this thread alone.
I would rather see the spet date rather than a rushed launch like the begining of NC.

Any ideas of when the closed beta will start?

Ulle
13-04-04, 23:25
So people arn't allowed to voice their disgust at dates being missed - yet again?

I did'nt say you can't voice your opinions, i merely said if you wish to say bye make a thread that I can close. Nice grasp of understanding there.

can u close a entire communitys threads?

Considering this community is full of people with different opinions and views that means it won't happen, however, it can be arranged.

FreeBassX
13-04-04, 23:26
I think KK like digging their own grave over matters like this... 90% of the people I know ingame are/were only hanging around in the hope that DoY would be released before the summer... at lastest at the beginning of the summer, now... nothing left to hold us in the game. GG KK.

I have to agree with you Possessed.. KK just dug their grave. People are tired of waiting..

I wouldn't be surprised if the server populations start to drop rather harshly over the next month or two.

Opar
I agree DJ. I'd rather see a mostly bug-free DoY, rather than a rushed, FREs-included, rushed release that will be as buggy as Neocron is now.

Celt
I would rather see the spet date rather than a rushed launch like the begining of NC.

Any ideas of when the closed beta will start?By rushed, you mean 21 months overdue?(will probably increase too)

Jest
I love this game and am excited for BDoY, but tbh I have no reason to believe Sep 1 any more than I believed any of those other dates. I'm definitely sticking with the game in the long run but people are get worn out from a release date that seems to change as much as the one for Duke Nuken: Forever. :( Please please PLEASE hit the Sept 1 date.

Dribble Joy
13-04-04, 23:27
You know what I mean.....

Clownst0pper
13-04-04, 23:27
U know what.

There is a game developer, called Peter Moleneux, Now, he is a PR nightmare.

He goes into an interview, and u can see his PR managment sweating, Y? he gives random information, and release dates.

Release Dates. Its a small word, but means so much, to so many people. If he shut his mouth, people would joyfully wait, once hes said a figure, peoples hopes build, and they fail to see obsticles.

The same applys for KK's 'dates' theyve given us sneak peaks, and dates, and more dates.

And honestly its no longer an exciting things, its like. Sure, when the cows come home. :o

Kenjuten
13-04-04, 23:28
The problem is those that will leave at this thread are doing so out of a good fraction of 'betrayal'.

None of them are taking the closed beta into account, it looks like; and if they are, their blindness compels them moreso.

Candaman
i was wondering can anyone remember a time when a promise was stuck to?

GT_Rince
I did'nt say you can't voice your opinions, i merely said if you wish to say bye make a thread that I can close. Nice grasp of understanding there.

I see - and at what point does the mods being rude to us get included in the forum rules ?

Celt
13-04-04, 23:29
You know what I mean.....No, I dont.

You cant continue making excuses for ever.

First release date failed, maybe.

But a year and a half on?

Seriously DJ, I like you, but dont make KK's excuses for them.

GT_Rince
i was wondering can anyone remember a time when a promise was stuck to?

No - KK dont do promises... Just lies

Candaman
Considering this community is full of people with different opinions and views that means it won't happen, however, it can be arranged.

U can arrange for a entire community to quit?

Dribble Joy
13-04-04, 23:30
No - KK dont do promises... Just lies

[edit] nm.....

GT_Rince
[edit] nm.....

Edit--

Me 2

Shadow Dancer
The problem is those that will leave at this thread are doing so out of a good fraction of 'betrayal'.

None of them are taking the closed beta into account, it looks like; and if they are, their blindness compels them moreso.

Ken, I know you're excited about DOY. I am too. But you have to admit, this was another "off" release date. It's not like they don't have a right to complain.

Ascension
13-04-04, 23:31
I can see the servers having 12-13 peeps on in the summer july/august seriouslly.. peeps are just tired.. its becoming a bore and a broken record..

Ive been away from NC and im dwindling about until doy.. but i start collage on the 6th of Sept good job KK.. a whole summer without BDOY:rolleyes:

wave c ya to most the the players.. peeps maybe saying i aint leaving now.. but give it 2/3 months

plague
13-04-04, 23:31
Oh, and can we have a reason why it is postponed yet again?

No doubt will be some excuse about publishers, testing, no money, etc...

I have 4 accounts - I will not be renewing any of them after they expire. Fuck this lying shit.

heh same here just waiting for teh (2) accaunts to expire after no more nc, wasted enough time and money, was funn while it lasted but with all the same bugs and sht posponed so much I dont wanna bother no more... :(
Too bad tho NC got such high potential hate to c it fall apart like this....

Kenjuten
13-04-04, 23:32
Of course, that isn't to say I am capable of staying on this game forever without DoY.

Everyone, remember when the first planned DoY was small?

Well, maybe it IS KK's fault for not releasing that small patch then and there, but you have to understand that with each new piece of content KK puts into this, their time necessary to code and stuff gets larger.

Can't you guys at least wait for the beta? =\

GT_Rince
13-04-04, 23:33
heh same here just waiting for teh (2) accaunts to expire after no more nc, wasted enough time and money, was funn while it lasted but with all the same bugs and sht posponed so much I dont wanna bother no more... :(
Too bad tho NC got such high potential hate to c it fall apart like this....

Yeah - KK have had enough of my money now! I will NOT be allowing them to fleece any more from me. Bollocks to that.

Candaman
Of course, that isn't to say I am capable of staying on this game forever without DoY.

Well, maybe it IS KK's fault for not releasing that small patch then and there, but you have to understand that with each new piece of content KK puts into this, their time necessary to code and stuff gets larger.

Can't you guys at least wait for the beta? =\

are u trying to sympathise with us now after calling us wrong for complaining? could u be any more of a sheep and i ain't ur brother brother

Celt

Can't you guys at least wait for the beta? =\We already PAID for a beta, and currently are paying for a beta.

No-one can say that neocron as it is, deserves to be called a "finished" game.

What does it matter to people if there is a closed beta?

Look how much "good" the open beta of NC did?

Beta does nothing if the devs wont fix the DAMN bugs.

Clownst0pper
13-04-04, 23:35
Good things come to those who wait.

I still have faith.

GT_Rince
13-04-04, 23:35
What pisses me off, there is no apology, just another date. Where are the apologies - where are the reasons - we are paying customers for fucks sake!!!!!!!

Odin
13-04-04, 23:36
Have your say and be done with it people. Not going to tolerate the same few people going on and on and on.

Forget My Name
Closed beta?

What the fuck? You mean I been paying you to test this beta for the past year and a half, and now not everyone who was/is paying your bills to play this bugged out beta has a chance to play a closed beta?

Closed beta??? Arent betas for releases? Since when does an expansion get a closed beta?

Makes me feel like we were all paying for neocron, and KK is coming out with Neocron 2, but not everyone who payed for them to stay afloat can test out this neocron 2.

Canceled my 2 accounts just now. Empty threat? Check your mail kk.

peace.

Kenjuten
are u trying to sympathise with us now after calling us wrong for complaining? could u be any more of a sheep and i ain't ur brother brother
No, I am stating that I'm on the fence, like always.

If I was a fanboy I would flame all your asses about this issue.
If I was anti-KK, I would voice the same thing that everyone would, and not only leave this game but flame it for eternity as well.

I still advise you to PM me about your personal issue; regardless, you are still one of the Children of Chran and Brothers to one of my main personas.

Candaman

I still have faith.

obviously not someone who has been through 2 or is it 3 missed released date

GT_Rince

I still have faith.

Sorry, but I have to say WRONG.

People take the piss if you let them - KK are doing this now.

Opar
13-04-04, 23:37
I still have faith.

Ditto.

GT_Rince
13-04-04, 23:38
Have your say and be done with it people. Not going to tolerate the same few people going on and on and on.

Odin - it is on topic - we are annoyed and voicing that. so now you gonna limit the number of posts you can make on a thread?

You can ban me before that - this is not off topic - it is not spam. I am not flaming anyone. What am I doing wrong - what rules am I breaking ?

G.0.D.
Me me me me!
I made those sexy videos, stick me in the beta and I will tell you the meaning of life.

Candaman
I still advise you to PM me about your personal issue; regardless, you are still one of the Children of Chran and Brothers to one of my main personas.

[ edited ]

Dribble Joy
I detect hammers, nadsacks, and the impacting of the two.

Clownst0pper
13-04-04, 23:39
obviously not someone who has been through 2 or is it 3 missed released date

Er. Ive been playing from the exact start of retail.

I think I have been playing through plenty. And I probably play more than yourself, and half of the moaning forum users.

Ur all just negative.

[ edited ]

Genty
13-04-04, 23:39
Kind of disappointed but I am still enjoying the game as it is so I am sure I can wait until Septempber. Should be doing work now anyway so it kind of works out good if i get bored now and do lots of work, pass my exams and then work all summer, get back into it in the BDoY warm up and then back to normal.

GT_Rince
13-04-04, 23:40
[ edited ]

[ edited ]

alig
13-04-04, 23:41
Nice kk....have fun with doy, im not waiting that long....[ edited ]

Possessed
Odin- Why was .cyl0n2 banned? The only reason that he is posting on that account is because his monk is currently inactive... and not will probably stay so.

It's good to see that KK are faithful to their player base... especially those among us who've been following this game since Beta 4 and before....

Kenjuten
[edited]In that case I'd request you stop singling me out; I see no possible reason for you to try to maim me when I'm simply trying to calm things down.

GT_Rince
13-04-04, 23:42

:D

See KK - yet another annoyed customer - how about an explanation ?

Candaman
13-04-04, 23:42
Er. Ive been playing from the exact start of retail.

I think I have been playing through plenty. And I probably play more than yourself, and half of the moaning forum users.

Ur all just negative.

[ edited ]

i'm sorry i missed that are u saying u play more than me but then saying u really need to get out more sounds like a contradiction of terms to me not to mention the double negative in the last sentance.

But also thinking back weren't u the guy who gave his account to his bro while he went abroad for however long so u ain't been playing constantly no matter what u want everyone to believe [ edited ]

Dribble Joy
13-04-04, 23:43
2 months longer.....

OH NOES

ffs...

Genty
13-04-04, 23:43

woot, more people are leaving from the remove para campaign, the keep para is on the swing and will eventually end up in the majority! Come on!

Brammers
13-04-04, 23:44
Bad points: DoY will be realeased a year and half late, how many good players will leave before them?

Good points: There will be closed beta with the community, which if I remember statements from various peeps before, there wasn't going to be - hopefully the bugs will be ironed out.

Clownst0pper
I see - and while you are at it, take your nose outta KK arse. We are constantly being lied to. Maybe you are happy to get lied to all the time, don't mean others are.

Lied to?

What have KK actually done...? Say a release date? They have never said

IT IS GAURENTEED TO BE RELEASED ON <insert date>

they have just pointed released dates they hope to stick to.

Since when in the game industry do games release on time, and to the exact date, or are MMORPG's look at different from all the other games?

Doom 3? Half Life 2? Daikatana? Gallion

Just afew which have took years over expectation.. there are some optimists out there. I am one.

And again, if u dont like the 1st of september release date, get out more, get a GF, get BF whichever ur sexual orientation is, get laid, get some friends, get drunk, im sure u can do it all in 6 months.

Otherwise stop, in my views, trolling.

Candaman

sound to me like ur flaming anyone that is annoyed by this piece of news and thats y i am singling u out

wargolem
man thats lame gonna have to close my account maybe temp maybe perm. Sorry but neocron doesnt compete with the likes on lineage II and WoW atm good luck with bDoY might see you there.

alig
Nah im not that annoyed, i was never looking forward to doy that much anyway, i mean whats going to be new? an engine, wow! still 15 generations older than pac-man engine...This will never be known as a game until they remove para at the very least, fuck bugs...i can live with them most of the time.

alig
13-04-04, 23:47
Lied to?

What have KK actually done...? Say a release date? They have never said

IT IS GAURENTEED TO BE RELEASED ON <insert date>

they have just pointed released dates they hope to stick to.

Since when in the game industry do games release on time, and to the exact date, or are MMORPG's look at different from all the other games?

Doom 3? Half Life 2? Daikatana? Gallion

Just afew which have took years over expectation.. there are some optimists out there. I am one.

And again, if u dont like the 1st of september release date, get out more, get a GF, get BF whichever ur sexual orientation is, get laid, get some friends, get drunk, im sure u can do it all in 6 months.

Otherwise stop, in my views, trolling.

Difference is, half life 2 and doom have the _BIGGEST_ fucking games in the world to live upto pal. Neocron has to live upto what? a 2k player base worldwide and this is not the first time kk have said "Doy's coming out on this date, Official!!!11111one-we lie-oneone"

tkNukem
13-04-04, 23:47
um, didn't martin say it was going to be released this 2nd quarter of 2004? why does it keep getting delayed? why isn't he justifying the rediculous inconsistencies he keeps stating? why are people allowing this to go on? how is this a way to run a business? what was the point of putting the preorders up about half a year before the game is to be released? why is there going to be a test for an addon? why is this taking so long?
i know i'm being extremely arrogant and ignorant, but what can one expect when the only news we ever recieve from MJS is extremely ambiguous and helpful in no way. i don't apologize for my ignorance, but i damn well expect MJS to apologize for how much he's manipulating this community.
i hope to God Almighty that these questions will be answered. otherwise, i feel this community will continue to dwindle into nothingness.

Kenjuten
13-04-04, 23:48
sound to me like ur flaming anyone that is annoyed by this piece of news and thats y i am singling u out
The "response" thingy was what I was expecting...when I flame people, it's in response to their individual posts. If you're going to take offense to that, well.

What my post was trying to say was that by the end of my writing the post I realized that I'm on the fence, and trying to help either side won't be worth much in reality.

Martin J. Schwiezer
13-04-04, 23:49
@GT Rince: Please stop using abusive language on this board or you'll be banned. There's also no need to post your messages in bold and yellow.

The release date has been agreed upon between KK and 10T and it's definitely fixed. If you can't or don't want to wait for NC:BDoY, then please leave and/or limit stating your opinion/disappointment to ONE post. Thanks.

Clownst0pper
13-04-04, 23:49
Difference is, half life 2 and doom have the _BIGGEST_ fucking games in the world to live upto pal. Neocron has to live upto what? a 2k player base worldwide and this is not the first time kk have said "Doy's coming out on this date, Official!!!11111one-we lie-oneone"

To many HL2 is nothing.

DOY to many is everything.

I look forward to both.

I know people who look forward to HL2, and look forward to B:DOY.

TASTE, funny thing isnt it? :o :rolleyes:

alig
13-04-04, 23:50
[ edited ]

Celt
@GT Rince: Please stop using abusive language on this board or you'll be banned. There's also no need to post your messages in bold and yellow.

The release date has been agreed upon between KK and 10T and it's definitely fixed. If you can't or don't want to wait for NC:BDoY, then please leave and/or limit stating your opinion/disappointment to ONE post. Thanks.Could you please explain the several missed dates, and the various inconsistencies in your promises, in one post?

Thanks.

Candaman

The release date has been agreed upon between KK and 10T and it's definitely fixed. If you can't or don't want to wait for NC:BDoY, then please leave and/or limit stating your opinion/disappointment to ONE post. Thanks.

how about u stop lying to the community

and cyl0n says stop banning people for asking why u have lied to them

Pfehh
13-04-04, 23:51
See, you should've left for a year and then come back now to prepare for the DoY invasion, like I did. Now JUST as I'll getting fed up with everything, DoY hits and I'm saved. It's all in the timing, baby.

GT_Rince
13-04-04, 23:51

OK - I will curb my language. Can you please tell me where it says I cant use bold yellow text ?

Why do I get the feeling I am being singled out here Martin... because I pulled my help away with the manual?

Omnituens
13-04-04, 23:52
DoY LEAKED BETA HERE!!!11111oneoneoneonehalflife2again

EA here i come.

I hope you make the choices for the testers fair

English client users/German Client users

no favouritism plz.

Shadow Dancer
13-04-04, 23:52
woot, more people are leaving from the remove para campaign, the keep para is on the swing and will eventually end up in the majority! Come on!

I agree. KK should remove para then until DOY comes, to make those people happy till they stay.

:p

DoY LEAKED BETA HERE!!!11111oneoneoneonehalflife2again

EA here i come.

I hope you make the choices for the testers fair

English client users/German Client users

no favouritism plz.

Good point.

And i'm assuming french players too?

Odin
13-04-04, 23:53
how about u stop lying to the community

and cyl0n says stop banning people for asking why u have lied to them
Cylon was permanently banned from this community a while ago. His opinion does not belong on the forums and anyone posting for him will join him.

Candaman
13-04-04, 23:54
Cylon was permanently banned from this community a while ago. His opinion does not belong on the forums and anyone posting for him will join him.

[ edited ]

Clownst0pper
13-04-04, 23:54
@ alig, are u so short sighted u fail to comprehend people actually play the game, and dont register on the forums.

I didnt register with the forums as I had no need, i registered when I registered, Y lie? ive been playing since the beginning of retail on saturn as kaolin.

Sorry to disapoint u.

tkNukem
13-04-04, 23:55
Could you please explain the several missed dates, and the various inconsistencies in your promises, in one post?

Thanks.

get out of my mind, celt! oh wait, most everyone is thinking this way i bet.

why is the released date which was agreed upon by KK and 10T so much later than previously announced?
can we get some answers rather than threats? i'm sure the threats [from community members] will stop as soon as we get some god damned answers.

Shadow Dancer
13-04-04, 23:56
[edited]

You know the rules about banning. People don't start out banned, so I guess you can only blame cyl0n for losing those privaleges.

alig
[ edited ]

Celt
Cylon was permanently banned from this community a while ago. His opinion does not belong on the forums and anyone posting for him will join him.Why does that rule only apply when it suits you?

(here comes the ban:rolleyes: )

MrChumble
13-04-04, 23:57
Should I wait 5 months while none of the existing bugs are fixed, no new content is added, existing content is shut down as new exploits are found, clans and runners cheat like fuck and GMs do nothing, while crashing six times a day and putting up with a shitty PvP system?

Or should I hedge my bets and hope I'm a "selected individual" and get onto the beta? I'd hunt bugs and report them, not kiss KKs collective ass, so no chance of getting in.

So should I keep playing? Fuck that. FUCK FUCK FUCKING FUCK!!!! Fucking September, you have to be taking the utter fucking piss.

plague
13-04-04, 23:57
kek meh going to but till am here id like to join teh campaign can someone gimme teh link to the bunner:D

alig
13-04-04, 23:58
@ clownstopper....are you so long sighted that people actually registered here before they even had the game....pff

Omnituens
13-04-04, 23:59
And i'm assuming french players too?
i didnt know if they got their own client or not, if they do then rock on.

Odin
I know people are pissed but the second you turn it personal you will be banned. Absolutely no need or call for it.

Lexxuk
Gosh, this thread is pretty heated, omg, omg, omg *dials 999*.

Ok, as probably the calmest member of this forum, ever, here are my 2p's worth.

And yey, so it was, that KK begat Neocron, which was duly pulled from the loins of Betahood. From the depths of Hell arose the almighty Satan, who shall be known to his diciples as CDV, and merrily, Retail UK was a screwup *amen brother* and lo, US Retail was a screwup *amen, halleluliuh*.

And yey, though we walk thru the vally of the shadow od DoY, we shall fear no evil, for past knowledge has shown us, a release date from KK, is like a promise from a politician!

Amen brothers - account cancelled.

tkNukem
14-04-04, 00:00
are we gonna get some patches or is the community going to be expected to hang on to the same boredom that currently plagues many servers?
how does KK expect to hold its playerbase after releasing such non-flame retardant news?

Shadow Dancer
Should I wait 5 months while none of the existing bugs are fixed, no new content is added,

Yea. Hopefully KK will add some cool patches in the mean time.

alig
[ edited ]

Dribble Joy
14-04-04, 00:01
kek meh going to but till am here id like to join teh campaign can someone gimme teh link to the bunner:D
Here you go kind sir.

http://mars.walagata.com/w/oscarsouth/remove_para.jpg

Drake6k
I love you kk please let me beta test it.

Kenjuten
Mmk...I'm gonna try one last time, then I'll shut up on this thread, at least for a good long while or until otherwise necessary.

To many of you, a 'lie' is groundless...it is simply that you hold your faith onto things that were either never finalized or set.

But maybe you realize this already, and that is what truly enrages you.

On the other hand, perhaps there are some things that KK promised, truly, that were broken. You can have full rights on that kind of deal..

All I'm trying to see here, is to at least look at it from their point of view and wear their shoes. They keep finding new content to give us, more things to code, their patch grew into an expansion, and since it took so long, they decided to give us actual pieces of the expansion ahead of time... Terminator, Kamikaze chips, and numerous other small things.

The kami stats were hacked-disclosed before the chips were actually released into the game...but that is aside the point.

Once you have taken all this into consideration, if you still choose to oppose KK, then in my opinion you have the ability to do so...

That is all. Anyone who wants to take this post up with me may do so in PM and away from this hellfire of a thread. o_o;

Martin J. Schwiezer
Why do I get the feeling I am being singled out here Martin... ?

Why? Because you're screaming to be singled out with your bold yellow letters and the most abusive language in this thread.

Anyway, the release of NC:BDoY has been pushed from Q2 to Q3 because it will take us a little longer to finish the product. The answer is as simple is that. No conspiracy, no lying, no betrayal.

Again: the current release date has been agreed between 10T and KK a couple of days ago and is definitely fixed. 10T's PR activities will be targeted at that release date so we definitely cannot afford to blow this deadline.

MrChumble
14-04-04, 00:02
See, you should've left for a year and then come back now to prepare for the DoY invasion, like I did. Now JUST as I'll getting fed up with everything, DoY hits and I'm saved. It's all in the timing, baby.

DoY hits? You've got 5 months to wait. Thats about 150 days, or 900-1500 FREs depending on your luck. And they'll be so busy with DoY there'll be no bug fixes, no new content (apart from fucking melee rares, oh the demand for them is so damn great).

Shadow Dancer
14-04-04, 00:03
[edited]

IIRC Odin stated that "personally" he would like the drug to give a preventative effect for a minor duration.

I think, that was a while ago I think after the terminator event.

Pfehh
[edited]
It's the because I love it!

/me hugs para

GT_Rince
I know people are pissed but the second you turn it personal you will be banned. Absolutely no need or call for it.

Can I point out the post at the top of page 7 Odin - where MJS threatens me with a ban for using abusive language...

MrChumble
Neocron, which was duly pulled from the loins of Betahood.

The beta ended? I thought we were just paying them to beta test.

alig
14-04-04, 00:04
[ edited ]

GT_Rince
14-04-04, 00:04
Why? Because you're screaming to be singled out with your bold yellow letters and the most abusive language in this thread.

Martin - read the other threads. There are others EQUALLY as bad as mine with the same language - please point this out to them as well - THIS is why I feel like I am being singled out...

Talra
14-04-04, 00:05
WHAHAHA are you kidding??? 1st of september??? later all im gonna play.. something else.. that is just... ridiculous

GT_Rince

Martin - read the other threads. There are others EQUALLY as bad as mine with the same language - please point this out to them as well - THIS is why I feel like I am being singled out...

tkNukem
are we going to get new patches in the meantime, MJS? are we expected to pay approx 50 USD for 6 months while we get nothing for our money? AND THEN pay another 20+ USD for the "expansion" ?

Celt

Anyway, the release of NC:BDoY has been pushed from Q2 to Q3 because it will take us a little longer to finish the product. The answer is as simple is that. No conspiracy, no lying, no betrayal.

Again: the current release date has been agreed between 10T and KK a couple of days ago and is definitely fixed. 10T's PR activities will be targeted at that release date so we definitely cannot afford to blow this deadline.
Why was the release date of Q1 2003, Q3 2003, Q1 2004, Q2 2004 and Q3 2004 missed?

GT_Rince
14-04-04, 00:06
Why was the release date of Q1 2003, Q3 2003, Q1 2004, Q2 2004 and Q3 2004 missed?

You know none of us will receive an answer to that - just put it down to publishers...

Lexxuk
14-04-04, 00:06
Martin, no offence, but KK/CDV blew the initial retail "deadline" why should any of us believe that the "deadline" for BDOY will be any different?

You've claimed that 400,000 copies of NC were sold (more than frontier elite, and almost as much as The Sims Online), yet we have seen no investment.

We have gone from NC being a free download many months ago, to being a paid game with set criteria, to the criteria being changed again, then the date changed again.

We are/were your client base, your bread and butter, the people that could make or break Neocron, and yes, DOY will make or break Neocron, but you've already alienated a *lot* of your client base, who will not wait around for BDOY.

I truly hope you have not put all your eggs into the DOY basket, because I cannot see DOY being anything more than a complete failiure.

plague
14-04-04, 00:07
Here you go kind sir.

http://mars.walagata.com/w/oscarsouth/remove_para.jpg

much appreciated.:) REMOVE TEH PARA

MrChumble
14-04-04, 00:07

How do you intend to support neocron in the meantime? Are we going to have huge yawning gaps between patches, no hit fixes, and patch-by-brick-wall to fix exploits? Or is there actually going to be some reason to pay for my accounts in the intervening period?

Odin
14-04-04, 00:08
IIRC Odin stated that "personally" he would like the drug to give a preventative effect for a minor duration.

I think, that was a while ago I think after the terminator event.
I would like to see it and it's on my 'bitch' list so to speak.

Odin
14-04-04, 00:09
You've claimed that 400,000 copies of NC were sold.
Completely false. A news site reported that in error and has already been stated as such.

MrChumble
14-04-04, 00:10
I would like to see it and it's on my 'bitch' list so to speak.

*MrChumble DIES OF SHOCK

Odin says something that doesn't make me want to kill him! Omigod! :p

DARK_Overfiend
14-04-04, 00:11
SWEEET!

i wanna BETA TEST it :lol:

alig
14-04-04, 00:11
Can i see proof of this? and whats a bitch list? you mean a 'hi this is my list of stuff that makes people quit and tell us to fuck off' list? ....one thing? Why was it boosted if its on your bitch list? Why has it been ingame and ruining the game for over a year now....why do you fail to realise? am i getting on your nerves? good. Its the bitchers that get things done around here.

Maloch Octavia
14-04-04, 00:12
Some people really do need to start getting a grip of their attitudes here.

I'll take my time and break this down:

This is a computer game, stop acting like your girlfriend just told you she's been sleeping with your father.

Companies are not ran solely by the man in charge. Companies have investors, publishers, distributors, public relations and otherwise to deal with. All of these groups hold a say in what is done and how, and whilst it might be very indirect, they all matter.

It's a long chain, a very long chain.. To clear the board for agreement to produce or advance something, to then get it done, to get it passed and agreed as final, to set up a release and distribution system, to get it released and then distributed, and advertised.

Take into account the one thousand other small groups that have sway in the matter, like a main coder being taken ill for four weeks, and it all matters.

So yes, release dates have come and gone, so what? It's time people, time. If you are willing to waste all of your time on a computer, and treat it more importantly than the real world around you, then you have issues. I'm not saying we deserve to be lied to, but I think lying is far too strong a word. Who can say that what was said back when, wasn't the truth back then!?

Honestly, the world today, it's a big, bad, scary place, and people can't always keep promises. Even to paying customers. Look at all these massive corporations in the United Kingdom that have suddenly realised and admitted.. "Hey, we can't pay your pension, you're going to be several thousand pounds short... Oopsie.. My bad.."

What goes up must come down, right?

So do what I did... Take a while out, go play some old games that you enjoyed years ago, or invest in a few new ones. Your character will still be there, it'll still be waiting for your return.

Don't complain about the cost of the game either, the monthly fee is the cheapest I have ever come across, it really is. A six month booking is pennies. No excuses for not being able to afford it either, go wash ten cars at a pound or a dollar a piece and you have your one months fee.

(Things don't come for free in this world you know, remember how the internet used to be free once? Hah.)

Besides, what would you rather have? A rushed, unfinished, half-arsed, "Doesn't have everything we wanted it to, so Tokyo expansion will have it", one coder died and we had to get a monkey to do it, just releasing it to shut you up Dome of York...

Or would you rather have...

"Hey, we're sorry we let you down, trust me, it hurt us too, but here ya go, as best as we could do, lets hope it works well!" Dome of York?

Hmmm... Let me think...

I don't understand why people seem to think that they have to sit here and wait for it to be released, logging on to bordeom and routine every day. I don't know why people think they're being forced to sit there and wait for this to come round, paying money for a game they apparently no longer play.

I don't understand why so many people seem morally offended at the way Reakktor have worked this whole situation. They are a company, and you'd be surprised, how little companies actually get involved in their products.

The way it works online however, is that because it's 'instant' it's more demanded for customer relations. Go buy a kettle. See that phone number for customer services? That's your whack.

Strange... That kettle cost me the same as a months fee of Neocron, but oh my god!! Look at what I GET FOR MY MONEY!!

I get HelpDesk, I get in-game Moderators, I get a Community Forum, I get all this and so much more yet it costs SO MUCH MORE THAN A KETTLE!

So people really should put things into the vast perspective of the world.

(Before anyone jumps on that as a poor comparison, perhaps, but it puts the point across. Buy a £2000 projection television. You still get just that phone number and a warranty.)

So what are we expecting from Reakktor here? The spilling of blood? The sacrificing of a first-born?

When you compare Neocron to some of the other MMO's out there, and I have played many, there are none yet which caught my imagination nor my attention like Neocron did. From Eve to Shadowbane, they all suck the mighty.

Oh, I will never compare Neocron to DAOC or Everquest, you need to get the membership numbers as the comparison, as naturally the above two have much higher funding available, for simply really, being older games.

So what do I suggest as the solution to those that are reacting like their house has just been burgled and their pet goldfish stolen?

Take a break from the game. Go hit cancel on your account, and come back when DoY is released this September.

I really, really, really like chocolate fudgecake.
I wont eat every cake in the damn shop though.

(For those that can't work well with those sort of metaphors, too much of a good thing is bad for you, or don't ruin a good thing by over-doing it.)

So take a chill pill, go get a breath of fresh air, and from someone that has seen the workload of the people behind the scenes at Reakktor, lay off them.

I'm just about to reactivate my account, I'm going to get my old tank character sorted and tidied, play for a month, make sure he's ready for DOme of York and what it may bring, cancel again, then come back for Dome of York.

A sound plan, one that a few of you might want to try and follow, as you're all obviously becoming far too worked up about this to be good for you.

Right now, someone has just died.
Right now, a woman has been sexually assaulted.
Right now, a father has just beat his child causing serious internal damage.
Right now, someone has just been run over in the street.
Right now, a house is being broken into.
Right now, someone has died from a drugs overdose.
Right now, several dozen people have just died from AIDS in Africa.

It is only a game.

There are other priorities that we should be spending our energies on.

Darth Slayer
I think I can wait 2 more months for the new release date.
I would suggest that people who are obviously getting heated up about this log off and go and chill for a while.
Oh yes mays well jump on the bandwagon.......REMOVE PARA FFS..... :D
EDIT.........What the above poster just said read it it makes alot of sense.

Celt
How do you intend to support neocron in the meantime? Are we going to have huge yawning gaps between patches, no hit fixes, and patch-by-brick-wall to fix exploits? Or is there actually going to be some reason to pay for my accounts in the intervening period?
Like there has already?

Patch 197 was 1 month and 2 days ago.

Have been several gaps of over a month, during which a significant bug was present.(FIX SOULCLUSTERS, OPEN MC5).

FRE's not fixed, synch bug not fixed, many other bugs since BETA not fixed.

We have paid for a beta, yes, PAID.

MrChumble
14-04-04, 00:13
We will have a closed beta test launching significantly earlier, where selected community members will be asked to help us test and improve NC:BDoY.

Please define significantly earlier. Are we talking "in the next few weeks" or "mid-august"? Or somewhere in between. No fixed date required, but that statement is so vague it means nothing. Answer subject to alteration, etc etc :)

tkNukem
14-04-04, 00:14
Completely false. A news site reported that in error and has already been stated as such.
lol but you won't tell us how many eh?
i think it's safe to say that by bringing up that fact, you're only trying to prove lexx to be incorrect/inaccurate. once again, by being ambiguous in ur excuses, i'm believe more and more in the "KK owns me" theory. why the hell can't you answer our questions rather than covering your ass? no offense, of course.

Martin J. Schwiezer
Because we wanted to add more content and more features. That's when "Dome of York" (which was planned as a simple world expansion) became "Beyond Dome of York". The list of features coming with NC:BDOY grew and grew and only when I posted my latest plan-file we did a feature-freeze.

Also the work on important internal tools (e.g. enhanced item- and character tracking to be able to help players in a better fashion than giving them 100k for the loss of items worth 20m) made us delay the deadline from Q2/04 to Q3/04.

Lexxuk

My apologies Odin, although the rest of my thread holds true, in that KK has never met a deadline, and currently has alienated large amounts of people who..

a) re-activated their accounts to avoid the BDOY Wipe
b) have waited for months for DOY, only to be told its delayed again
c) others not met in the first two.

alig
14-04-04, 00:15
(Break it down 8| )
Right now, someone has just died.
Right now, a woman has been sexually assaulted.
Right now, a father has just beat his child causing serious internal damage.
Right now, someone has just been run over in the street.
Right now, a house is being broken into.
Right now, someone has died from a drugs overdose.
Right now, several dozen people have just died from AIDS in Africa.

It is only a game.

There are other priorities that we should be spending our energies on.

Right now, my cash-o'meter is ticking into KK's BANK ACCOUNT.
Right now, i dont care if someone has just died, its part of life. You too will die one day and i bet you wont be thinking "Oh gawd no...I do hope that the people over at neocron.com/forums are thinking about me"
Right now, im more concerned about my own fucking money than someone else's problems.

MrChumble
14-04-04, 00:16
I think I can wait 2 more months for the new release date.
I would suggest that people who are obviously getting heated up about this log off and go and chill for a while.
Oh yes mays well jump on the bandwagon.......REMOVE PARA FFS..... :D

I went from really really angry, to mildly annoyed, to deep seated irritation. Now I'm just wanting answers to my questions, assuming MJS is still reading this.

Oh, and do something about para.

FirestarXL
I hope it works out for you. There's some great people here.

Glok
(e.g. enhanced item- and character tracking to be able to help players in a better fashion than giving them 100k for the loss of items worth 20m)Excellent. Is this in combination with a database software upgrade?

Shadow Dancer
wow, excellent post Octavia. Really really good.

I also especially agree about the price. How can people complain about the price? think of all those 50$ games you people have purchased that have given you 15-16 hours of enjoyment. Think of all you have played for NC and the tons of hours you got playing from it.

I must have played NC an obscene number of hours. Probably like 10 morrowinds, probably more. And at what price? A very very cheap one.

Also the work on important internal tools (e.g. enhanced item- and character tracking to be able to help players in a better fashion than giving them 100k for the loss of items worth 20m) made us delay the deadline from Q2/04 to Q3/04.

omg 8|

Maloch Octavia
14-04-04, 00:17
Right now, my cash-o'meter is ticking into KK's BANK ACCOUNT.
Right now, i dont care if someone has just died, its part of life.
Right now, im more concerned about my own fucking money than someone else's problems.

Then you're helping Reakktor make a better game. Congratulations.
Wait until it happens to you.
Then cancel your account, if £10 is that much to you per month.

I know, break it down, I got carried off.

Martin J. Schwiezer
Please define significantly earlier. Are we talking "in the next few weeks" or "mid-august"? Or somewhere in between.

I am sorry... but since I hate being called a liar/traitor/pimp whatever... ;) we decided to put the opening of the beta a little vaguely. ;)

Furion
jesus fucking christ, they did it again. I have been playing since november 2002, and since then ive been hearing about fucking doy. i sooo wanted to try out doy before i went to the army, and with the last "final" release date i could, but now i cant. [ edited ]

MrChumble
14-04-04, 00:18

That's a pretty fucking major feature. Why the hell don't you mention stuff like that. What else is coming that we all want but haven't been told about :wtf:

wargolem
14-04-04, 00:18
this game is hardly cheaper than any other mmorpg and yeh u dont have as many people to support so surley that means that u can afford the server and pay some DEVELOPERS to create doy.
doys suppossed release date was a year and a half before this "Official [wink wink nudge nudge] Deadline" well excuse me but where has the money that i have put into this game been going i requested a GM 4 times in my NC time and the fastest time response i have got was 2.5 hours(thanks astarte) and the other 3 times were 4 hours + whats going on here?
I also notice u have alot of voluntry staff so those people arnt getting paid with my money so where is it going? this is not a personal kick KK in the face statement it is mearly stating the truth

WHATS GOIN ON!

Celt
14-04-04, 00:19
Because we wanted to add more content and more features. That's when "Dome of York" (which was planned as a simple world expansion) became "Beyond Dome of York". The list of features coming with NC:BDOY grew and grew and only when I posted my latest plan-file we did a feature-freeze.Again, I have yet to see a comprehensive list detailing exactly what DoY was promising to give, and BDoY.

Why? Because your posts are ambiguous, and your "promises" have been shown to be worthless.

Also the work on important internal tools (e.g. enhanced item- and character tracking to be able to help players in a better fashion than giving them 100k for the loss of items worth 20m) made us delay the deadline from Q2/04 to Q3/04.So, something that should have been done in beta, or before it, is the reason for delaying an EXPANSION PACK?

Have you ANY business sense?

People have been clamoring for that since beta, but you have never made a release date for it.

You made a date for DoY, but broke it for THAT?

Do you, seriously, honestly, wish for neocron to die?

Is there some sort of corporate clause that earns you a new rolex if KK goes under?

MrChumble
14-04-04, 00:19
I am sorry... but since I hate being called a liar/traitor/pimp whatever... ;) we decided to put the opening of the beta a little vaguely. ;)

Ok that's fair enough. How about a rough ballpark estimate obviously subject to change due to prevailing weather conditions and the alignment of Mars and Pluto? I just want to know if it's worth holding out and seeing if I get a spot. Five months is helluva long time to wait when the bugs are already getting under my skin.

Martin J. Schwiezer
14-04-04, 00:20
Excellent. Is this in combination with a database software upgrade?Yes. That update is currently in the works. It will be finished during the next two months and will be tested during that closed beta test I announced.

Dribble Joy
14-04-04, 00:22
Ergo, beta will not start for at least 1-2 months?

Drake6k
14-04-04, 00:22
I care about Neocron. I have two accounts... and look how long I've been playing.
<----------
These forums were my homepage for 9 months...
5 month wait might just be to much for this game... I know a lot of people that are not willing to wait that long. There are simply other games out there. Unless Neocron gets some great patches soon and before DoY this community is going to die. I hope you can understand why this really pisses off some people like myself... I cant imagine quitting Neocron and I dont want to try and threaten kk but If nothing awesome happens in the next 5 months I'm going to put my time and money somewhere else.

Glok
14-04-04, 00:23
Yes. That update is currently in the works. It will be finished during the next two months and will be tested during that closed beta test I announced.Slick. :D

plague
[QUOTE=Lexxuk]
a) re-activated their accounts to avoid the BDOY Wipe
b) have waited for months for DOY, only to be told its delayed again
[QUOTE]

indeed i reactivated just so my 4 fully caped chars wont get wiped and am shure am not alone, and after this you expecting us not to bitch .... :wtf:
am done with this thread I forgot why I even come to the forums, hoping for patches and cool updates but since that happens very seldom as I said earlyer there is no point......

Maloch Octavia
well excuse me but where has the money that i have put into this game been going i

Level 3 will take a huge chunk of their cash, for both the rackhosting and the bandwidth itself. I was once in charge of purchasing bandwidth for a company site, and I've never aged so fast in all my life. Whilst I was making bids for $5,000 worth of Bandwidth (Which would last a month if we were lucky) there were users bidding $40,000 for companies. I once saw a bid being processed for $150,000.

That's where a lot of our fees go.

Lexxuk
Yes. That update is currently in the works. It will be finished during the next two months and will be tested during that closed beta test I announced.

Database upgrade? We've been waiting for that for what? A year now, these things you are mentioning, should have been in retail, not in an expansion pack. The things you promised people that would happen in Neocron, you are now saying wont happen till BDOY, yet are still working on them, with a fixed released date... and you expect us to believe you will have these items in place, the release ontime with everything promised, when people like me, from Beta 4, are still coming up against bugs that were in B4, and have been waiting for the database upgrade since before time began?

Merci buttercup

Martin J. Schwiezer
A) So, something that should have been done in beta, or before it, is the reason for delaying an EXPANSION PACK?

B) Have you ANY business sense?

C) You made a date for DoY, but broke it for THAT?

D) Do you, seriously, honestly, wish for neocron to die?

E)Is there some sort of corporate clause that earns you a new rolex if KK goes under?

A) Yes

B) Yes

C) Yes

D) No

E) No - I don't need a third Rolex :D

Omnituens
14-04-04, 00:24
Yes. That update is currently in the works. It will be finished during the next two months and will be tested during that closed beta test I announced.
then im guessing the selected ppl for the beta (from here on in refered to as The Few) will have a new client and therefore will not be able to connect to the regular servers?

im guessing you will dispatch the game via CD to The Few.

May i ask how you will choose The Few? Remember, "you are not your fucking postcount."

MrChumble
14-04-04, 00:24
Ergo, beta will not start for at least 1-2 months?

It could start before the database upgrade...that would actually make more sense to me, work on getting it stable before doing something potentially disasterous.

But again, database upgrade, to me that's a feature, something to be trumpeted, far more so than "new melee rare no one will use!". Stabilty issues are to me the most important, and these last two gems of wisdom from MJS have cheered me up a lot :)

alig
14-04-04, 00:25
I've been paying for this mod (bigger patch) for 1.5yrs. And been lied to for 1.5yrs from the same ignorant people, give the rights of this game away to someone decent.

I know ill die but im only 19 :lol:...its called "Life" and i wont expect anyone but my family and friends to give two shits either, the same reason i dont care if someone has just died.

I like the game, what can i say? have you not noticed the only people left in this game are the people that get frustrated because the game is a FUCKING GOOD GAME UNDERNEATH THE PPU AND MOST IMPORTANTLY...
THE PARA so i wont but by september HL2 and hopefully Doom3 will be out and this game + no doy out = bye fockers....hello valve ty for my free play.

That was @ the dude with the big post...

Furion
14-04-04, 00:26
May i ask how you will choose The Few? Remember, "you are not your fucking postcount."

hes gonna choose the ones that didnt bitch in this thread..... guess that rules me out

MrChumble
E) No - I don't need a third Rolex :D

Talk about asking to be flamed :D

plague
thats a very profesional way to deal with customers... lol have a kudo

Glok
14-04-04, 00:27
Sorry to break it to everyone that is saying Neocron will die, but KK is under new ownership remember? Even if evey last one of us current players quit, I really seriously doubt the new owners are just gonna say 'oh fuck it' and drop the expansion. It WILL come out, advertising is another matter, but they could not possibly do any worse than CDV did.

Martin J. Schwiezer
14-04-04, 00:29
then im guessing the selected ppl for the beta (from here on in refered to as The Few) will have a new client and therefore will not be able to connect to the regular servers?You will still be able to connect to the old servers through your old NC install. No need to overwrite that.

Omnituens
hello valve ty for my free play.
err... they will make you buy 2 versions of HL2, one is MP on is SP which is stupid.

they probably charge you for it on a pay per play basis because they know that ppl will pay

GT_Rince

And you wonder why ?

You keep changing the dates - that's why. And I think you have made the beta date vague because you don't know...

Why not start being a little more honest with the community and a LOT more apologetic when you miss yet another deadline that you have given us?

As you know, I own a couple of companies - if I was to miss a delivery date for something, I would get dragged over the coals unless there was a real good reason.

Drake6k
AND MOST IMPORTANTLY...
THE PARA

I'm a PE and I like para stop trying to speak for everyone.
Keep your para stuff in all those other threads please.

MrChumble
@MJS: I think I've asked this before, but never seen an answer. Is DoY going to be marketed as an expansion or a game in it's own right? It's shaping up to be Neocron 2 (to my eyes anyway).

Judge
14-04-04, 00:30
I care about Neocron. I have two accounts... and look how long I've been playing.
<----------
These forums were my homepage for 9 months...
5 month wait might just be to much for this game... I know a lot of people that are not willing to wait that long. There are simply other games out there. Unless Neocron gets some great patches soon and before DoY this community is going to die. I hope you can understand why this really pisses off some people like myself... I cant imagine quitting Neocron and I dont want to try and threaten kk but If nothing awesome happens in the next 5 months I'm going to put my time and money somewhere else.

I feel exactly the same way. Well.... except about the two accounts thing. I only have one. :p

Marx
14-04-04, 00:31
Thanks for the heads up MJS.

Jest
Martin I've spoken with you before and you know I love this game. I try to be supportive and helpful, and think your company and you do a great job, but a Sept. 1 release date is a helluva long time away. Lets not even focus on the date being delayed several times, I'm worried about player count, and this won't help. When my clan is active during American evening on Pluto, there is almost no one to fight. We've even started attacking nuetrals/allies just for something to do.

So we have a Sept 1st release date, now the real question is, whats going to happen up until that point? What about content, patches, new items, etc... if you save it all for one day which is half a year away, you will be abandonding the players who will stick through this 5 months. Sure a lot of people will quit and come back with BDoY, but you know what, what about me and those who aren't quitting? What about the abysmal player count these days on Pluto? What about those who have played this game for a year and a half so far, stuck in out threw the parts we didn't enjoy, all because we love this game? What about us?

If the answer is nothing, then I won't stop loving Neocron, but if I have 5 months to wait with nothing new and the player count dropping every day (after all who wants to start a game with an expansion soon coming out?), then I might cancel. Im not saying this as a threat, who am I after all? I dont matter, Im just a player like every one else. Ill be dissapointed if I have to cancel no doubt, but right now I just dunno.

What happened to the patch we were waiting over a month on? Where are the weapon changes, desert racetrack GR, etc... Or will we be waiting 5 months? Reakktor is so concerned with the future that you've forgotten about the now...

alig
No ya see....HL2 will last for at least 6 yrs as it has the biggest mod community on the planet...they can charge me £200 for HL2...ill pay £200 quite happily because i already know it will be the best game on earth.

Whichever dick is trying to give me bad reputation...fo you sad mofo.

Lexxuk
Sorry to break it to everyone that is saying Neocron will die, but KK is under new ownership remember? Even if evey last one of us current players quit, I really seriously doubt the new owners are just gonna say 'oh fuck it' and drop the expansion. It WILL come out, advertising is another matter, but they soud not possibly do any worse than CDV did.

Neocron needs new blood, current players are quitting, they will not be buying DOY, DOY will be an add on to Neocron (which already had a bad rep in some areas for ganking etc.). The people who are reading this thread, and playing now, are the ones KK should be aiming at, instead, they now have to totally remarket the game, in the hope to get new players in, to regain the cost of development, marketing, keeping the servers up etc. With a current online playercount of what, 2k, which will probably drop sharply, KK cannot afford to make any mistakes with the release.

remember, KK is not Sony, or EA, or Valve, or Sierra, each of these companies makes HUGE losses on their games, but gets them back on other major titles, like tomb raider, deus ex, half life, AO, EQ, games that make them money to prop up loss making games. This will be KK's make or break time, question is, will KK be made, or broken.

Martin J. Schwiezer
14-04-04, 00:32
@MJS: I think I've asked this before, but never seen an answer. Is DoY going to be marketed as an expansion or a game in it's own right? It's shaping up to be Neocron 2 (to my eyes anyway).Well, internally we see it as the second chapter of Neocron, but not as the second part. However it is definitely way more than just an expansion pack. There had been going too much work into it (both on the surface and under the hood) to call it an expansion pack.

Omnituens
14-04-04, 00:32
You will still be able to connect to the old servers through your old NC install. No need to overwrite that.
and on the selection of The Few?

who will be deciding something like that? names out of a (pimp)hat?

or do you have people already in mind for testing? im guessing you will probably let the GMs do it as they have allready signed disclaimers and secretcy documents and shit to keep their knowleage under their large pimp hats.

GT_Rince
14-04-04, 00:33
[ edited - that is the last of your bold yellow statements ]

Drake6k
14-04-04, 00:35
Come on... cant you give us any hope for 'now'?

Celt
14-04-04, 00:36
There had been going too much work into it (both on the surface and under the hood) to call it an expansion pack.
You say this again and again, but dont show proof(do you really honestly expect us to BELIEVE you anymore?)

Oh, and some fancy new lighting isnt "total graphics engine rework", and the non photoshopped screenshots dont show any overall improvement in quality.
http://www.neocron.com/~feidt/NC_hovertaxi_shot1.jpg

WOW! really looking better.

petek480
14-04-04, 00:36
Well since I was lied to for lets see, the 1000th time I guess i'll be quitting. Bye everyone.

GT_Rince
14-04-04, 00:37
Well since I was lied to for lets see, the 1000th time I guess i'll be quitting. Bye everyone.

C ya Pete :(

MrChumble
14-04-04, 00:38

Wow! Something good has come of the situation! :D

Hmm...I hate it when people I hate leave, talk about a double edged sword hehe

Celt
14-04-04, 00:39
C ya Pete :(onoz, im agreeing with your posts 100% :(

Here's another massive graphics upgrade for you all.

http://vaultmedia.ign.com/rpgvault/image/neocronbdoy040804_1081396858.jpg

"With this reworked graphics engine, we have finally achieved a way to show truly red light in neocron!"

alig
LoL KK....you really know good customer service dont you....I wonder if there will be anyone playing doy that knows how to setup a pe's con :rolleyes:

Yeah that DX 9.0 usage and lighting is impressive...looks like they've had a hard time doing that in the same ammount of time it took to make All Of FARCRY

http://vaultmedia.ign.com/rpgvault/image/neocronbdoy040804_1081396858.jpg

http://www.farcryhq.com/farcry/img/screenshots/gamespot/far_cry01.jpg

:rolleyes:

Alex The Great
uh well without pete i guess im gone to.

petek480

Hmm...I hate it when people I hate leave, talk about a double edged sword hehe
Yea it sucks. Never gonna get a chance to kill me now. But don't worry, i'll charish all the times alex and I killed you.

Maloch Octavia
14-04-04, 00:41
You are a paying customer that pays their wages - for this reason alone, we should stop being lied to time and time again.

If you were a Shareholder, I'd agree with that statement.

However, you're not, we're not. We're customers.

If you buy anything from the shops, you don't know what's happening within that company heirarchy. There could've been a dozen failures and faults going on to get that product there, but you don't know, and have, really, little reason to want to know.

So because we can actively follow this one companies progress, gives us reason to scream and squeal?

Technically, if you really want to get hypothetical about it, we have no reason to complain, as what we are paying for, is Neocron, and we have Neocron. There was never any promises to update it every second week, never any promise of ten out of ten customer services.

Check your signup agreement. I'm sure it doesn't say anywhere,
"We at Reakktor promise to achieve everything we feasibly can in as quick a time period as we possibly can, to keep you happy."

I'm pretty sure that if you check the Fair Trade act, we're getting what we paid for, and more to boot, when you think about it.

Dome of York is thus a seperate product, although it combines to work with Neocron. So it can be marketed differently, sold differently, distributed differently.

So in that case, we were never lied to. We got what we paid for.

I wish people would just lay of the whole lying theme.

If it's really the case, then hell, we've all been lied to. What, can't handle a lie now and then? I don't know how you survive in the real world if you can't.
It's a nasty place, as I keep saying. People are not your friends. Life is not easy. Things do not work out.

Why can we not just make one utterance of our dissatisfaction, and either leave the product, or keep going, having voiced our opinions. (It ONLY takes ONE thread to voice your dissatisfaction)

I say to my girlfriend.. "I'll take you out on Tuesday for a meal."
Tuesday afternoon, I'm paged to work, an emergency callout. I call the girl...
"Can't take you out, something's come up.."
"YOU LIED TO ME!!"
"Err.. No I didn't.. It was the truth at the time, I had every intention of taking you out, it's just that something that can't be avoided, has come up.."
"Oh.. Okay.."

Turn that to Martin, that's why I believe he wasn't lying, he was simply going under what he knew or had been confirmed at the time.

Honestly, lies, it's only lies. So cancel the game now, go wash five dozen cars over the next five months, recoup some of that cash, and then decide if you want to come back.
Otherwise, stop posting in this thread, as people have grasped that you are not happy, there is no need to keep whittering on about it. Freedom of speech and right to protest, but one coherent post is enough, not ten five line rants!

Oh... He got banned......... Ahahahahah.. *Coughs*

plague

lol what is it now # 6 they should merge it in one thread so they can c how many ppl left just now =P

Anyway hate to c good players leave :(

Edit: bah its 7 now missed one while was typing this =P keep counting

Shadow Dancer

lmao

MJ should break more dates. :D

Come on... cant you give us any hope for 'now'?

Yes yes yes. KK please tell us if you have anything planned for before DOY.

Anything?

Possessed
14-04-04, 00:42
Without pete, alex, cylon, lexxy, lots of my other friends I guess I'm prolly gone aswell, might be back to check out doy....

MrChumble
14-04-04, 00:43
Yea it sucks. Never gonna get a chance to kill me now. But don't worry, i'll charish all the times alex and I killed you.

Prolly gonna get Odin-slapped for going off topic, but what the hell. I didn't really mind dying to you guys once I learned how to fight back. It was the ganking as a defenceless noob I hated. Still you you two, Jinxed, Elkdor, Megaman etc all gone...gonna be a bit dull. Only people left to kill noobs are Para happy newbie PPUs and their little pet tanks. Just not the same as the good old days *sigh*

Lexxuk
14-04-04, 00:44
If you were a Shareholder, I'd agree with that statement.

However, you're not, we're not. We're customers.

If you buy anything from the shops, you don't know what's happening within that company heirarchy. There could've been a dozen failures and faults going on to get that product there, but you don't know, and have, really, little reason to want to know.

...........SNIP.........

If I bought something from a store which had as many faults as Neocron, I would expect (a) a product recall, and (b) a complete refund under the "fit for specific purpose" parts of the trade acts, things that protect consumers from things that are like, you know, faulty.

heck, if I bought a ford and it crashed as many times as Neocron, I'd be suin Henry's arse

MrChumble
14-04-04, 00:45
Yes yes yes. KK please tell us if you have anything planned for before DOY. Anything?

I'd like to know this. What is going to make me log in tomorrow, next week, next month?

Carinth
14-04-04, 00:45
I'm curious how the selection for the closed beta will go, is it going to be totaly random or will there be criteria, or will it just be favorites?

Also, I'll repeat the previously asked "What are we supposed to do in Neocron for the next 3-4 Months?" It's been quite a while since we had a patch, even longer since we had a test server patch. I believe a good patch or two would really improve the community's attitude. By good patch, I mean patches that actualy improve the game. Para seems to be the focus of much anger, why not do something about it? Since it's still around it must serve a needed function, why does it hafta also have such a negative impact on pvp? If it was made clear why we need para, I'm sure a better implimentation of it could be come up with. How about finishing clan wars? How about a temporary fix to the faction problems? There are so many things that could be done to make the game more enjoyable in the short term.

You could think of it as an investment for BDOY. Put a lil work into keeping us playing Neocron and we'll stay for BDOY.

Martin J. Schwiezer
14-04-04, 00:46
thats a very profesional way to deal with customers... lol have a kudo
I really don't claim to be a professional CEO (whatever that is). However I always try to find an appropriate way to communicate my thoughts to the community. Thus I hope that the fact that my statements sometimes sound a little humorous, doesn't have an impact on the quality of my posts.

Maloch Octavia
14-04-04, 00:47
I'm sure you'll also find that Neocron is actually fit for sale. The faults have all been ironed out, which you would class in a physical product as a later model.

As long as the product functions without failure. (This brings up the FRE debate, which I believe was something Reakktor tried as hard as they could to eliminate.)

However, everything breaks down eventually. At least when Neocron breaks down, you just turn it back on again.

Some slack I say, is all we need to show here. Some people are just going over the top. (Well, they're gone now. :) )

Ivory
14-04-04, 00:47
there is so much love here, I wonder what it will be like if KK said this face to face in RL to the community :lol:

anyways here is my rant prolly been said before

September 1st release to me is a long way, I was really looking forward for a june release date and cancel all plans for the summer to play this game.

I dunno KK but there are some very good games coming out in the next couple of months and the "other" game that looks like NC can't remember whats its called is round the corner and that is the main competition for NC methinks. A lot of people are pissed and I am one as well, you have to put it into perspective. I really do hope you can do something in the next couple of months, look at pluto doesnt that justify why people are leaving? or doesnt this thread justify why people will be leaving? You have to maintain players and the attitude right now from certain mods on this thread is kinda giving a bad reputation for a company after all they are representing your company.

Maybe its just me, but I expect good customer service, I work in customer service and if there is a delay in anything for the consumer this phrase "sorry for the inconvenience" goes a long way instead telling everyone as odin masterfully said:

Have your say and be done with it people

I'll be here for Doy because this was the first MMORPG/GANK FEST game I have played but at times I wonder is it really worth waiting or playing :confused:

MrChumble
14-04-04, 00:49
I really don't claim to be a professional CEO (whatever that is). However I always try to find an appropriate way to communicate my thoughts to the community. Thus I hope that the fact that my statements sometimes sound a little humorous, doesn't have an impact on the quality of my posts.

On the contrary, if you'd come over all Shirt & Tie Mr Professional I know What's Right, I'd have quit by now. It's the humour that gives me hope :p

Now if you'd be so kind as to present your ass for the kissing I'd like my place on the closed beta :cool:

Odin
14-04-04, 00:50
there is so much love here, I wonder what it will be like if KK said this face to face in RL to the community :lol:

Not sure but I definately would want Nidhogg standing in front of me :)

Lexxuk
14-04-04, 00:51
I'm sure you'll also find that Neocron is actually fit for sale. The faults have all been ironed out, which you would class in a physical product as a later model.

As long as the product functions without failure. (This brings up the FRE debate, which I believe was something Reakktor tried as hard as they could to eliminate.)

However, everything breaks down eventually. At least when Neocron breaks down, you just turn it back on again.

Some slack I say, is all we need to show here. Some people are just going over the top. (Well, they're gone now. :) )

I had a motherboard that kept breaking down, i'd restart my system a few times, and it would work just fine and dandy. I replaced the mobo, now a hell of a lot of people are taking the same attitude with neocron.

petek480
[ edited ]

Omnituens
I'm curious how the selection for the closed beta will go, is it going to be totaly random or will there be criteria, or will it just be favorites?

ive asked this twice now, yet no reply on how The Few will be picked.

this means he doesnt want to tell us, and the only reasons i can think of for this are:

1) The selection process is unfair and biased
2) He doesnt want people to change the way they act just to try and get picked

Celt

Some slack I say, is all we need to show here. Some people are just going over the top. (Well, they're gone now. :) )I have been thinking of a small claims court action against KK, because if I can document that I fatal error/synch error at the least ever 2 hours of play, that goes against the sale of goods and supply of services act.

That is a fact.

However, how it would go in court I do not know, which is why I will not do it.

KK, you have released a sham product, and kept people playing with promise after promise of Eden(DoY).

tkNukem
noooo pete!!! you have to tell Erotisch how to be a better ppu (invulnerable like you are!) :wtf: i want uuuu

landofcake
Some people really do need to start getting a grip of their attitudes here.

I'll take my time and break this down: ...

Amen to that.

At the end of the day its only a game, i completey agree with what Maloch has said. I'm as excited about Dome Of York as anyone, but look at the positives. In all likelyhood this'll give KK the time to finish the expansion properly, and bring the graphical finesse, extra features and bug fixes that this well weaved cyberpunk universe sorely needs. And if it dosen't, just leave, no ones making you play.

Shadow Dancer
14-04-04, 00:52

I'm pretty sure it's number 2.

Unless the testers are all the GMs, then the point would be moot.

I wonder how many testers their will be.

MrChumble
14-04-04, 00:52

Or they haven't decided yet. If it's a few months off they might just be worrying about other things (like FREs?).

plague
14-04-04, 00:53
I didn't say that id did, And most of the time I think you communicate your thoughts to the community very well and in very appropriate way . Just after all this frustration about relise date and all ingame bugs, 1 - 2 months to relise patch just to fix bug thAt where made in previous patch, I think that the last thing we wanna c is humorous and or sarcastic posts thats all to it

xkorpio
14-04-04, 00:53
Im not happy with the release date, looks very far for me

BUT...

if its true
if its not delayed again
if its the game we want to be
if they put REAL HARD WORK in there
only 1 thing to say

KK make us (the ones still believing in DoY) proud of your efforts
Keep the good work...

This is the last chance, failure on this date can be fatal... PLEASE dont fail us.... and if as all people say we have been paying for a BIG beta, then ok! Go ahead! let us all who pay enter into beta! so we can see with our own eyes that state-of-the-art piece of work that is DoY (noticed that I want to enter in the beta?) :D

Maloch Octavia
14-04-04, 00:56
I have been thinking of a small claims court action against KK,

There's always one.. *Sighs*

Celt
14-04-04, 00:57
There's always one.. *Sighs*You tell me, how a game that breaks every 2 hours, due to NO FAULT of my own, can be legally deemed "fit for the purpose intended" ?

Kenjuten
Now if you'd be so kind as to present your ass for the kissing I'd like my place on the closed beta :cool:
Heh, shocklingly enough (=P) I'm not interested in kissing any ass...if I get into the beta, so be it, if not....I'll just work my chars until DoY.

XSuneX
Well, I have a six month at a time subscription. And this one will end in August 2004.

I was going to see if B:DOY was good enough for another 6 month subscription.

But now I will have to just keep the subscription going no matter what.

I was kind of bored of Neocron already and have not logged in for about a week.

I was hoping NC B:DOY would come out in about 2 months and hop back in and if it was good enough I would re up my subscription.

I realy just don't have much money, that may have something to do with it.

If I was paying monthly I would probably cancel temporarily and come back in about 1 year to see how NC was doing then, but not even with out B:DOY.

To tell you the truth, I thought NC was like B:DOY was supposed to be already. And that is really why I got into playing Neocron regularly.

So, FOR SURE, when B:DOY does come out, then I'll be playing, I would never give up this game all together. cuz the other MMO's realy real realy are pretty bad.

Omnituens
14-04-04, 00:58
Unless the testers are all the GMs, then the point would be moot.
yes, as i posted before, the gms have probably already signed disclaimer forms and legal documents. i would expect the same to apply to anyone doing the beta, which also means they have to be 18+ to sign that kind of document.

Alex The Great
14-04-04, 00:58
[ edited ]

MrChumble
14-04-04, 00:59
[ edited ]

Martin J. Schwiezer
14-04-04, 01:00
You tell me, how a game that breaks every 2 hours, due to NO FAULT of my own, can be legally deemed "fit for the purpose intended" ?Celt, we've had this issue again and again... I hope that it finally vanishes forever with the upgrade to DX9.

However please keep in mind that on my standard DELL P4 NC _never_ has any FREs. So how would you explain that at court and what would you recommend to KK to fix _your_ problem?

Odin
14-04-04, 01:01
Celt, we've had this issue again and again... I hope that it finally vanishes forever with the upgrade to DX9.

However please keep in mind that on my standard DELL P4 NC _never_ has any FREs. So how would you explain that at court and what would you recommend to KK to fix _your_ problem?
Dude you got a dell?

Sorry had to do it.

/me goes slinking back to tickets.

Possessed
[ edited ]

Alex The Great
This is bullshit how do you expect us all to wait 5 months for a buggy fucking game when the new people log on all the servers are gonna be at 12 people.

Dribble Joy
[ edited ]

plague
[ edited ]
lol thats what you get for truth, becouse truth hurts lol

Maloch Octavia
14-04-04, 01:02
You tell me, how a game that breaks every 2 hours,

You realise a court action against Reakktor would be thrown out of court unless you could provide similar instances of failure and breakdown, in I believe it's something like two thirds of the total product in circulation?

IE: No chance.

I'm sorry, but my version doesn't break down every two hours. I can take a guess that a lot of other peoples don't either.

Your suggestion is just.... Daft...... I address it as such to the first sentence in my original post.

Kenjuten
14-04-04, 01:02
[ edited ] I think he stepped the line when he responded to the Odin & Nidhogg thing... (Edit: Besides, he already said he's leaving...what's the point in unbanning him?)

@ Celt: O_o; Hasn't the entire FRE thing been understood that everyone has random problems with it? Hell, I rarely FRE...I know when I do and why and recognize where the errors in the code are, but I STILL get it far less than most people.

Dribble Joy
14-04-04, 01:03
My NC hasn't FREed ingame for... months.
Only FREs on exit... which means I exit a bit faster :p.

Celt
14-04-04, 01:03
Celt, we've had this issue again and again... I hope that it finally vanishes forever with the upgrade to DX9.

However please keep in mind that on my standard DELL P4 NC _never_ has any FREs. So how would you explain that at court and what would you recommend to KK to fix _your_ problem?Ah, but that doesnt matter with regard to my claim.
Unless you can present a way for it to work on my PC reliably, you will be at fault, and I would(probably) win.

Winxp
Athlon 2500xp
1024mb pc 400 ram
Radeon 9800(non pro)
MSI KT600 ultra mobo
Maxtor 80gb 7200 rpm hdd
750/150 cable internet connection
SB Audigy 2 ZS sound card.

Tell me how to make NC not FRE on my PC, or not get a synch screen.

?

Martin J. Schwiezer
14-04-04, 01:04
lol thats what you get for truth, becouse truth hurts lol
No, that's what you get for repeatedly breaking the rules of this board. Because breaking the rules hurts (the one who breaks the rules).

Shadow Dancer
14-04-04, 01:05
what would you recommend to KK to fix _your_ problem?

I don't think it's soley his problem. I think that some people get mad because KK takes the "it's your fault" attitude with FREs. I mean I've never had any problems with any games on my comp, except diablo 1. hehe And I fre alot with NC. I noticed the same problems in the error logs too. usually related to a certain sound, or "psi fire" as it says. It's like it's trying to access something that is not their maybe? Maybe you're part of hte lucky few that never FRE?

It would be nice if KK made a small proggie that auto-mails the log to KK. Or at least speeds up the process. When i'm fighting a furiously fast fight in pepper park and I crash, the last thing I have is the patience to access my email, and send the log to KK. Like the way windows xp does it by default. "Do you want to send error report to blah blah". The last thing I want to do is set up an email, and mail the log to KK. I just want to get my belt before they hack it.
Or I want to get back into the op fight action. I usually FRE in an important situation like that.

My 2 cents....

Celt
You realise a court action against Reakktor would be thrown out of court unless you could provide similar instances of failure and breakdown, in I believe it's something like two thirds of the total product in circulation?

IE: No chance.

I'm sorry, but my version doesn't break down every two hours. I can take a guess that a lot of other peoples don't either.

Your suggestion is just.... Daft...... I address it as such to the first sentence in my original post.I guess you dont know how the sale of goods and supply of services works.

It's nothing to do with anyone else, if it fails to work on PC reliably, and KK cannot show a way for it to work on my PC, they are liable.

Now, who is daft, talking about laws they have no idea about?

MrChumble

At risk of screwing up my so far excellent ass kissing, I'd say that was total bullshit. NC not FRE? You must be the only player on any server to be able to claim that.

Omnituens
14-04-04, 01:06

ok, so you are blaming DirectX for the problems? many games i play use DX, and i play Total Annihilation that runs fine on DX9 when it is actually made for DX 5 or something. NC is made for DX7 or 8 i think, yet seems filled with bugs. honestly, i dont think that you can blame all the problems on DX, as you yourself use DX and apparently have no probs

no offence MJS, but your system is the only one in existance that does not have 1 problem, and it just happens to belong to the CEO of company.

doesnt that seem strange? please, post your exact specs so some rich bastard on the forums can duplicate your machine down the the screws on the mobo to test it.

Lexxuk
No, that's what you get for repeatedly breaking the rules of this board. Because breaking the rules hurts (the one who breaks the rules).

dude, u started a thread which turned into flame bait, people have been banned for less ya know? :rolleyes:

xkorpio
Hey guys, you got a new MMORPG going right now, which have a new sport:

PvP (Post vs Post)

What Im going to leave for 6 months until DoY is THE FORUMS

The real war is here, I cant find my legs.... OMG :lol:

Martin J. Schwiezer
Ah, but that doesnt matter with regard to my claim.
Unless you can present a way for it to work on my PC reliably, you will be at fault, and I would(probably) win.

Winxp
Athlon 2500xp
1024mb pc 400 ram
Radeon 9800(non pro)
MSI KT600 ultra mobo
Maxtor 80gb 7200 rpm hdd
750/150 cable internet connection
SB Audigy 2 ZS sound card.

Tell me how to make NC not FRE on my PC, or not get a synch screen.

?Celt, we built the game... not your PC. ;)

plague
14-04-04, 01:07
I don't mean to argue but what rules pete broke..

Maloch Octavia
14-04-04, 01:07
Unless you can present a way for it to work on my PC reliably, you will be at fault, and I would(probably) win

No, you wouldn't.

1: Reakktor will hire laywers, good laywers, like the bloke that got OJ Simpson off. :D

2: The rules of online conduct don't apply to real standard trade issues, which is why some games, BF1942 for example, state that Gameplay Will Alter Online, or something to that extent.

3: You really are just being silly now. My input on that matter is finished.

Celt
14-04-04, 01:08
Celt, we built the game... not your PC. ;)Again, my PC runs everything but NC fine.

It is up to you(the so-called developers) to make it run on the recommended specs.

Tell me where my systems fails them?

I've been building pc's for years, built them for business's which requires 24/7/365 uptime, I know my way around them.

Do you, or your coders?

Doesnt seem so.

Martin J. Schwiezer
14-04-04, 01:09
ok, so you are blaming DirectX for the problems?No, it's a combination of DX, specific hardware setups and the way NC communicates with DX and that hardware.

There's a good chance that most of these issues will not pop up anymore, once NC operates natively under DX9.

Kenjuten
I don't mean to argue but what rules pete broke..I think he just responded to:

In the wrong fashion.

Judge
No celt... don't give in to the compensation culture.

Put the claims form down... step away from the computer. Go outside or something.

Alex The Great
All pete said was that he's glad that odin finds it funny that you guys have been lying to us for over a year. How is that breaking the forum rules? And this post better not get edited becuase i'm not questioning anyone, i'm just replying to your post.

Lexxuk
14-04-04, 01:10
Again, my PC runs everything but NC fine.

It is up to you(the so-called developers) to make it run on the recommended specs.

I've been building pc's for years, built them for business's which requires 24/7/365 uptime, I know my way around them.

Do you, or your coders?

Doesnt seem so.

Take a deep breath, count to 150, from 500, backwards, think of daisies in spring fields, and all will be calm.

U use Linux or Win NT/Server for 365uptime?

MrChumble
14-04-04, 01:11

If your arguement had any chance of success Microsoft would have closed down years ago. :rolleyes:

Celt
No, you wouldn't.

1: Reakktor will hire laywers, good laywers, like the bloke that got OJ Simpson off. :D

2: The rules of online conduct don't apply to real standard trade issues, which is why some games, BF1942 for example, state that Gameplay Will Alter Online, or something to that extent.

3: You really are just being silly now. My input on that matter is finished.1: Again, you dont know how the small claims court works, stop bullshitting about things you have no clue about.

2: Gameplay may alter, has nothing to do with it. If KK decided to delete all Holy Lightnings, that would have some relevance. However it crashing reliably every 2 hours, has NOTHING to do with it.

3: Do you even know the rules of the sale of good and supply of services act? Do you know the rules and guidelines for small claims court? Do you know how ireland deals with the above two, with regard to software?
The answer to all three is no.
Begone you irritating, know nothing fanboi.

XSuneX
[ edited ]

It is no worse then any others, and SWG is probably not so "buggy" maybe but it is really goofy, there is no way I would ever play a game with people walking around with Dogs heads. Did you see those things?

And the rest are like playing cartoons.

And even LII. What is that? Anim world?

I won't play something where the Orcs are better looking then me in real life.

No what I'm saying man. :)

It is, the way it is. I will choose to take it or leave it. Even if I got married & did not have any time, witch I'll never again get married. :), I will still think NC is better then anything else out there.

Judge
14-04-04, 01:12
If your arguement had any chance of success Microsoft would have closed down years ago. :rolleyes:

Good point. Neocron > Microsoft for stability. Well on my PC it does anyway.

I get about 1 FRE per two gaming sessions... of a few hours each. So maybe 1 FRE per 4 or 5 hours. Not that bad tbh.

Omnituens
14-04-04, 01:12
yup. Valve's Steam also has this warning on it. great example.

plus stranger sueings have been done. http://www.ebaumsworld.com/stella.shtml