PDA

View Full Version : Trench Warfare?

HatchetRyda
13-04-04, 19:06
Be pretty fun if we had like trenches near DoY for like battles and what not.. I mean alot of people might not like it. Some would.. I'd personally like it alot. :o

Garg [RogueNET]
13-04-04, 19:19
a good idea... but not in this game.. if it was like Day Of Defeat, Counter-Strike or something like that.. then its a good idea. But it will get boring since only PE's and Spys can be there.

MkVenner
13-04-04, 19:24
i think he means outside...like around the gates sorta thing...would be cool cept i dont think itd work in the current system...DoD or CS yeah coz of like the dieing quick respawning quick + headshots...NC i think itd be too hard to kill anyone, and youd get a tank running outta the trench with a PPU up his rectum that wouldnt be stopped until he got in the trench :D

HatchetRyda
13-04-04, 19:58
Get tanks and revelers!! And grenades! omfg.. I think it would be fun as AOL 9.0 which seems to keep upgrading almost every month. YES, around the gates and stuff.

bounty
13-04-04, 20:46
Would certainly make grenade launchers more useful as well as AOE.

Heavyporker
13-04-04, 20:47
we 'sorta' have trenches and ground cover, what with all those hills and dips in ground.

now, what'd be cool would be if you had like those stone walls in j08... just a bit shorter, that's all.

Kenjuten
13-04-04, 21:14
Yes, but I see quite a few snipers bitch about said terrain. :rolleyes: can't please everyone I guess.

Omnituens
13-04-04, 22:38
Yes, but I see quite a few snipers bitch about said terrain. :rolleyes: can't please everyone I guess.
its only because of the bullet speed

if we could put a bullet in a tanks fat head as soon as he look up a bit, we wouldnt mind

its the fact that even when they are a got 3 seconds run from cover, it takes my sniper bullet longer than that to reach them, so it just hits the hill, but if i did it with my pain easer i would hit them 3 or 4 times before got behind cover.

Kenjuten
13-04-04, 22:52
So the actual complaint is that the bullets don't act realistically?

Makes sense then.

MkVenner
14-04-04, 01:06
another thing that annoys me about sniping is that rifles have 2000+ range...but the fog comes down at like 500...

prober sand bagged lined trenches, with bunkers and foxholes would be cool, maybe have BIG grenage launchers (mortars) to help clear them...

Shadow Dancer
14-04-04, 01:43
I think it would be cool if apus got a wall spell that could be used as cover.