PDA

View Full Version : Saturn Server

System
13-04-04, 15:26
Heres an idea, fix the lag on saturn server. Its getting out of hand now. 2 days in a row none stop lag. KK you will lose a lot of people to lag. I suggest cleaning the database out of junk that is not needed anymore.

-- System --

Original monk
13-04-04, 15:30
I suggest cleaning the database out of junk that is not needed anymore.

-- System --

hrhr, i had a nice carteljoke here but nm :P

Devils Grace
13-04-04, 15:33

and i got a nice flame for you but i guess nvm to ;)

yea and work the damn Lag out
sometimes everyone stands still for a whole 1 minute

ezza
13-04-04, 15:41
ya sort it out, my ppu had to log yesterday cos of the damned lag, in the end i logged myself, was trying to run missions out in the OZ but when doors take 30 seconds to open i kinda get annoyed

Bl@zed
13-04-04, 15:45
ja, fix tha damn lag :mad:

Cruzbroker
13-04-04, 15:45
KK you will lose a lot of people to lag.

Haha, that's a good one. :lol:

Original monk
13-04-04, 15:47
devils grace: RAWR :P

and about tha lag :/ i think they cant really fix it torough ... i think the devs and gm's and everything KK related hates these lagthreads by now ... cause everytime they do a small reset or sumthing with the server ... but after a week, sumtimes faster, the whole lagthingie starts over again .. like every week :/

its probably sumthing databaselike their problem yeah ... but as i dont know shit about databases im sure jernau will drop by and explain a bit on why in heavens sake these extreme lagspike, better call it lagperiods occur :/

altough neocron isnt the only mmorps that has lagproblems ... they all have it :/

but it aint funny playing/levelin/missioning or whatever with it

i kno :/

Capt. Rik
13-04-04, 15:58
Lag was bad last night I agree.

Today it has been fine except when stood in my Plaza 1 apt, i consistently sync into random sewers every 30 minutes or so :mad: It led to a nasty encounder with a CA security guard and my Crahn tank

SynC_187
13-04-04, 17:13
We always get lag like that on a Sunday. My guess is that this went on to Monday as well, because whatever they do to fix it on Mondays wasn't done coz of easter.

Hope its fixed today.

I'm just gonna stop playing on Sundays, its a waste of time.

KK can I have 1/7 of my money back every month please?

El_MUERkO
13-04-04, 17:14

do tell, or was that it?

Nidhogg
13-04-04, 17:17
Keep your flames to yourselves, please.

N

Stigmata
13-04-04, 17:20
the lag is laughable, yesterday at foster 12 people all in Cartel (cept pokie) disappeared thn re-appeared 22 seconds later, WTF is that all about.

so no fanboi ************ need come in and say "its your PC not KK uber stable servers"

Devils Grace
13-04-04, 17:51
Original ive played SWGSHIT and EVEBOREDOM for a while unfortunally (waste of money, and yes they lag....a bit
i lagged a bit when there were 5000 players online at EVE and in SWG with 4000 online i lagged a bit when i was in the big cities with 2000 of those 4000 there at the same time, so yes they lag a bit :rolleyes:

Neocron 40 in the same zone, laaaaaaaaaagggggggggg
and that is shame

GT_Rince
13-04-04, 18:15
Original ive played SWGSHIT and EVEBOREDOM for a while unfortunally (waste of money, and yes they lag....a bit
i lagged a bit when there were 5000 players online at EVE and in SWG with 4000 online i lagged a bit when i was in the big cities with 2000 of those 4000 there at the same time, so yes they lag a bit :rolleyes:

and that is shame

Amen - Even Jupiter gets like that sometimes, but not all that bad. Maybe you will lag for 5-10 seconds, but that will be it.

Just seems KK aren't interested in doing anything about it, and are probably hoping that DoY will fix it. I tell you, they are up shit-street if it don't.

Don't expect any fix any time soon. It isn't KK's style to actually try and make the community happy. And please, don't say "Oh oh oh - but DoY is coming"... I'll believe that shit when it happens. What they do is try and keep you interested by making stories and thin plots that result in you getting excited and diverting your attention away from the problems that they STILL haven't done anything about!

Can you imagine flying a vehicle with the game the way it is now? LOL.... You zone, lose your bomber and plummet 5000ft into a group of Grims - loadsa fun.

KK will do fuck all unless something drastic is done - imagine the 500 peeps that play Saturn most all cancelled their accounts for a month.. Would that make KK sit up and listen? You bet!

Trouble is, peeps saying "KK, you will lose customers unless you fix this", it never happens - they go back to playing and another thread will be started up in another few days, and the same will be said again.

Way to go KK :rolleyes:

Original monk
13-04-04, 19:08

and that is shame

you got a point there, altough i was trying to help system chill :)

thats yust the 2 mmorpgs i didnt play, but i know enough others who do and indeed there are thousands of em togheter with little lag :/ ...
and for example in entropia there are no zones, dunno for swg, probably there are and ya walk from server to server but ya dont see any "synching" appear tough ...

... thinks ...

youre right: lag is a serieus problem :/ leveling out in the graves, cast that last HL on the daamn soldier youre trying to kill and get stuck for about 10 seconds and re-appear dead isnt extremely funny .. certainly not if it happens 18 times in 2 hours :/

bah, nm my whinings i gonna eat a bit

@ elmuerko, i was yust being an ass :/

@ nidhogg, i was yust being an ass :/ im allready back ontopic :)

Garg [RogueNET]
13-04-04, 19:10
this lag is getting out of hand... it gets worse every week it seems.