PDA

View Full Version : Starting from Scratch -

Crest
13-04-04, 14:52
OK When Was the last time you started a char from scratch , with the 200nc KK leaves you with , no imps, or friends dumping cash / rares / chips on you ....

Thats what I tried , and man its hard ... Since you know so much about the game, the good levelling spots and the right guns .... First problem .... Cash – Yes … The Green Stuff (In NC it has no colour)

200 NC left and you probably want to tag GR No 1 … near your first hunting ground (Sure you could kill and sell in MC5 … but hey we all know how that is)

So now you tagged plaza GR and left with 50NC, no Medis and a crap gun with probably one round of ammo. Of course on the servers with 4 players, everyone thinks you have alts and are not generous with their cash…. So hunting is a bit of luck and lots of selling

Step 2 …. Weapons… So you know what to put where and which weapons needs what. You got enough for your first weapon upgrade and you buy a 25% stat weapon …. You look for a researcher and cant find ……
After hours of looking (If you lucky you find one already trading but on the smaller servers I have had to look very hard and long)
You get the job done … 1 BP of your new toy …. Get the parts (Money Permitting) and look for a constructor… These are even fewer. (Problem with trade skillers are that they are clanned, and do clans work, not every ones work (Wich is fair) unless you a level 5/10 char looking for one. Of course clans are no recruiting low level chars … to much of a resource drain. (In most cases)

Ok Mr constructor arrives and builds and you on your way. Hopefully with a 1 slot gun … and continue. Since low level mobs don’t drop much junk, you spend half your cash on medis and other half on ammo…

This is my tail so far as I have just gone through the top. By self, no help and man its hard… harder than first new char as then you still had plenty of genuine new chars

Glok
13-04-04, 14:56
Missions. Make sure you do those missions at first. 400nc for each very easy mission is very helpful for that new char.

Pwnage
13-04-04, 14:58
It's retardedly stupid how hard it is to start.

Now imagine if you didn't know anything about the game and was a total newbie?

The n00bs need to start with at least better equipment, and more money. But of course, we all know some dumb fuck is gonna sit there creating new chars and selling the stuff to exploit so that he can make a few K without killing a mob.

And you know what else? CHANGE THE INFO THE LAW ENFORCER!

Some idiot tells n00b LE is bad. n00b check description and takes LE out cuz idiot told him he could have been capped by now due to the cut down money and exp. Idiot kills n00b and calls him a n00b. n00b quits game.

Crest
13-04-04, 14:59
Missions. Make sure you do those missions at first. 400nc for each very easy mission is very helpful for that new char.
I started Aggies ... so that helps too... but to build a gun you still need some cash.... also picking up other peoples loot and junk to keep the medis comming

Glok
13-04-04, 15:01
I started Aggies ... so that helps too... but to build a gun you still need some cash.... also picking up other peoples loot and junk to keep the medis commingOnce you can use TL3 heal (unless it is an APU) you are golden. Never another heavy, expensive medkit.

ezza
13-04-04, 15:02
i started a brand new char on pluto a while ago, i didnt have anything on there, getting money wasnt the problem for me, it was getting the tradeskillers to make me the stuff that was the problem

and ya can people stop advising noobs to take out there LE chip, i love pking as much as anyone, but id rather someone keep there LE chip in for a while then take out right away, get pk'd and then leave

Archeus
13-04-04, 15:09
Rerolled Archeus to a pistol spy.

Without any help from other runners or my other account (although I plan to move it to the same clan when it is ready to fight).

Here is what I did.

#1 Leave the LE in.
Having the LE in far outweighs the negatives at low level. I had it out for a little while and despite what people think very few people pk low level players (even in the usual spots). However dying and loosing items costs too much.

#1 Money.
Its the single problem at low level. Until you get to a point where you can farm higher level mobs the only real way to make cash is missions or begging. Begging is out so I took up poking.

I discovered why Pluto has few pokers. The majority are absolutly crap tippers. 84 points in poking and standing around could make more cash putting those points in pistol and whacking aggies at my level. 2k a poke is a reasonable tip (to a max of 10k). One of the advantages of poking at low level is you can poke yourself. When I die I recover my backpack and poke myself again to get XP gain.

Also get recycle (20 points min). This gives you access to cheap medkits and ammo, the two major money sinks for low levels. Only other thing is to get enough PSI heal yourself.

#2 Getting around
What I did when I had a little cash was to venture warp and then work my way to the nearest Genrep. This got me to canyon and MB pretty fast.

#3 Getting items
I get a weapon constructed as it is always better then store bought. the problem is I am finding I am only having enough cash to get 1 or 2 constructed before I am broke again.

It certainly is a challange, but reasonable fun. I can see why the high level gamers might find it frustrating.

ezza
13-04-04, 15:13
I discovered why Pluto has few pokers. The majority are absolutly crap tippers. 84 points in poking and standing around could make more cash putting those points in pistol and whacking aggies at my level. 2k a poke is a reasonable tip (to a max of 10k). One of the advantages of poking at low level is you can poke yourself. When I die I recover my backpack and poke myself again to get XP gain.

from my experience its the same on saturn, i got a poker, and the amount of people who dont pay for the service its out of order, a number(and im talking a large number)are on my no poke list :lol:

i paid 10k for 2 pokes other day, the poker was made up with it, proberbly cos 1 in 4 people pay for the service :mad:

Glok
13-04-04, 15:14
Yeah recycle helps a LOT. I had recycle on my monk all the way to psi 90 before I lomed it.

Judge
13-04-04, 15:15
Whenever I start again I tend to try and follow a noobs path, however I do sometime take advantage of friends constructors and stuff... just because otherwise it can be fucking annoying. There are some clans which will recruit low level people, but they can be hard to find and are often small clans.

I know that there are alot of players who give their new characters 1 mil when they start a new one, have a PPU shoved up the noobs ass and all the weapons they need built and ready for them. I suppose that they find fun in the PvP at the end, rather than the character building part of the game.

EDIT: Oh yeah, recycle pwns big time. You can normally get enough cash to get a recycling tool with a bit of spider beating and can clone the ammo you got at the beginning. Free ammo. If you start out at MB then you can go to the bunker and if careful you can grab unwanted implants and bones and sell them to get a bit of starting cash.

Devils Grace
13-04-04, 15:18
me and some others started chars on jupiter and we have no dificulties
yes maybe kuz we are 5 or 6 makes things easier then do it alone but its not that hard

Strych9
13-04-04, 15:19
I had taken about a year off from Neo. When I came back I started from scratch.

If you know what you are doing, its actually pretty easy I thought. I will say its perhaps easiest with a tank in my opinion.

I started a Biotech tank. Genrepped into town, grabbed my knife, and hit the sewers for about an hour. Emerged with several levels, a ton of cash, and a bunch of LOM pills off the plants to sell.

Started off with heavy weaps. Had recycle skill for making the ammo, so never had to buy any ammo. Would buy a weapon from the store, pay to have a BP made, but the weapon parts, and pay to have it constructed. Just did one at a time, since slots are that important to a levelling HC tank. Recycle also helps you make medkits.

Didnt buy any armor at first, since i wanted Con to level pretty fast.

Went from sewers to the PP sewers, plucking on the larger rats and mutants. Then took the Grenade Launcher down to the bottom floor of the PP sewers and lit up the spiders.

Went from there straight to Storage and launchers. Then from there to Chaos Caves basically. Capped Str and Dex in the Chaos Caves, capped Int and Psi running missions along the way. Con is at 91, but I havent played my main tank in a while.

Levelled my spy by drones up to near cap in no time. My PPU I levelled out at the bunker at MB. My APU I levelled at the caves and Chaos Caves at TG with the help of my bud playing his PPU.

Hardest thing I tried to do was level a Spy via pistols. I rerolled him and did drones and it went 10x faster.

Archeus
13-04-04, 15:20
Low level : poking gives good XP gain.
Low-Mid: moved to researching/constructing to build items for his levelling
Mid level: lommed out those and moved onto farming/levelling with drones and hacking.
High level: went pure drones to get more.

After that I lommed his character over to Rifles. I lost a couple of levels but I got a good rifle character in the fraction of the time it would of taken if started with rifles.

amfest
13-04-04, 15:26
I kill the mc5 victim with a melee weapon in started mc5 and sell the bones and junk to get a bit of cash and level up since he's 2 << I believe. Then I gr out and head to the sewers in plaza 4. I grab a mission from the bridge targetting the city com, very easy kill 5 small sewer rats. Head into sewer down ladder, head to the right and go straight to the back of the sewer. In that back area is where all the small sewer rats are. Proceed to hack. loot for pieces of meat and such so you can heal up. Kill the plants between the cracks and kneel down to loot. The LoM pills are very light and sell back for quite a profit. Don't try canker plants too much or even attempt poison plants as they stack you with poison a bit and you might find yourself at a GR quickly. baneful plants only swipe pretty much, same for toxic plants. And if you target correctly and dont' reveal yourself they have a problem with hitting you just right. though you will sustain dmg at times. Screw getting a gun at this stage. Your knife will be the best method at this level. It's given to you at a pretty good quality and you dont' have to waste money on ammo at this time.

Another place you can try leveling is the Vehicle shop in pp3 near the zone line to pp2. Here they have a storge level that is basically the UG for a mine packed with TG cave mobs. So grab TG missions and run through killing. You can run missions faster here I think as a low level who isn't trying to exploit not getting hit in the aggies rooms :p .

Either way level up and get your psi up to heal and such. After which head to the aggressor storage and level there for some more with missions. Get some more armor and psi. By this time you should of found a researcher and constructor hopefully. Next head out to outzone 4 and kill the butchee/hurler that spawns there and loot junk/bones/certain lvl 1 imps that sellgood and stash junk and bones in gogu (imps are light so keep on self.) by the time you fill up your gogu and have to head back to town you shoudl be able to recieve quite a bit of cash. Sell the imps you can back to the crytons vendor along with advanced bones. head to Yo's like in p1 and sell junk (arms, broken implants, biotech garbage) to vendor and you'll find that it fetches a pretty penny considering you can stack it in gogu. by the end of one session you should be able to even buy a chainbike v1 if you wanted from the store. :p But attacking the butchee/hurler at a low level you should be gaining levels fairly quickly. Just keep in mind to use the walls to your advantage and anythign else that juts out and you'll be fine.

Another thing Dont' be a slot whore when you're getting your leveling weapons. Yes they are nice but if you spend alot of money on buying a lot of parts for multiple builds then you'll find yourself broke alot. Also i think it's a waste of time and a big money sink to even get drones built. Just buy the store boughts and save money for drugs to use higher level drones. You'll find you'll surpass the drones fairly quickly. I can sometimes buy 5 of one drone and use maybe 1-2 drones and then I have to dump the others cause I can skip a few drones and use a drone that far up.

keep in mind it's just a leveling weapon and if you level correctly you'll pass that weapon up fairly fast. not until you get higher level weapons should you worry about slotage ;)

Cruzbroker
13-04-04, 15:31
I've started few chars, apu, spy (rifle) and rifle pe.. I had NO problems at all with money, the only problem was getting weapons built (they should be good or better quality at shops, not poor 25%). For noobs money could be a problem because they don't know what to do ofcourse, but I usually have around 50k at ~ /15 .. What I do? sewers (plants -> lom pills), missions, aggies missions, sell bones, sell plasma pistols (aggies drop)..

amfest
13-04-04, 15:34
I've started few chars, apu, spy (rifle) and rifle pe.. I had NO problems at all with money, the only problem was getting weapons built (they should be good or better quality at shops, not poor 25%). For noobs money could be a problem because they don't know what to do ofcourse, but I usually have around 50k at ~ /15 .. What I do? sewers (plants -> lom pills), missions, aggies missions, sell bones, sell plasma pistols (aggies drop)..

No i think they should be Normal quality at shops and stay poor or shabby at Yo's vendors. That way you can head to a Yo's vendor to grab a shabby weapon to BP instead of paying the full price at a regular vendor. And though the weapons wont' be that much better they will still be better than poor >_<. It just makes sense that a vendors weapon would be normal and a constructor can build it "Good" "better" or "outstanding"

Strych9
13-04-04, 15:44
If we are sharing levelling techniques overall-

My best spy technique, solo, from scratch:

Start with 30 pts in Research, 30 in Construction in Int. Genrep to town, hack on some rats til you have enough money to buy a research tool (or construction tool- just make sure you start with one, and then buy the other) and some cubes and some tiberal. Research a medkit, then build it- it takes one tiberal. You WILL fail ressing and building from time to time, and you will lose a few cubes, but its no big deal.

You will rapidly level Int, Dex, and Str this way on your Spy. Do NOT allocate any of your Int points- or if you do, dont put them in Res or Con, cause it will only lower the exp you get from the ressing and building.

Sell off the medkits to people and just keep the cycle going.

When done, and that means when you reach the point that its not worth building them any more, you can have around 30 Int/Dex and 20 in Str. From there you can go about doing whatever you want.

My best <insert runner type here> technique, with friend in game already:

Start NEXT, and get your friend with a resser char to make 45 Tangent Auto Pistol BPs, and then 120 or so Duranium Vest 3 BPs. Go to the NEXT HQ and run research missions. Start with the Hard missions, and take them until you get to FS of 62 I think, which is high enough for the Very Hard missions. For both types, only take the res mission that gives the highest payout. I forget the amount for the H mission, but the payout of the VH mission is 4300c. Only take the ones with the highest payout AND that have the contact point in NEXT HQ- skip the ones for the CONCENTER.

You can do the NEXT missions til you get tired of em- the Hard ones give 400exp per skill, and the VH ones give 600exp per skill. So the 45/120 I recommend would give you 30,000 exp in each skill. And it doesnt take very long either. I usually do that til I cap all of my lower skills, and then move on from there.

And for ANY spy- droning beats all for levelling, ESPECIALLY if you want to be a tradeskiller spy. Droning means you can ignore protection for the most part- so you can focus Str on Transport and Con on Agility, which both come in handy for a tradeskilling spy.

Q`alooaith
13-04-04, 15:47
I reroll once a month with at least one of my char's, every single month.

It's not easy to start out as a newbie, but MC5 has much better uses than leveling young one..

I mean a newbie tank can take the bot's right off the bat, given getting them one at a time, droner's as long as they launch soon enough for the drone to become the target have it even easyer (drones resist the energy damage better than newbie chars)

and for the slight effort of buying a bit of ammo and a rec tool (to clone more ammo/medix) you can leave MC5 newbie with 3K in your pocket easly, though I've talked to someone who had over 1 million NC's in MC5 newbie..

Cash is easy in MC5, so it's better to stay till you've enough to buy your first weapon when you get to the city, also you can gain a few level's making aggy mission's too easy (move to launcher missions right off the bat)

It's easy to start over from scratch, you've just got to know what the hell you are doing..

Cruzbroker
13-04-04, 15:50
No i think they should be Normal quality at shops and stay poor or shabby at Yo's vendors. That way you can head to a Yo's vendor to grab a shabby weapon to BP instead of paying the full price at a regular vendor. And though the weapons wont' be that much better they will still be better than poor >_<. It just makes sense that a vendors weapon would be normal and a constructor can build it "Good" "better" or "outstanding"

Yeah, psi spells are good/better ..

J. Folsom
13-04-04, 16:07
... Money problems when you're a newbie? :wtf:
Just take all that random junk you get from monsters with you, individually it isn't worth much, but the parts you don't need for ammo you might as well sell to Yo's for some cash. Considering you really don't need that much money (Especially if you know which weapons are good to use...), you should easily make a lot of profit for a new character.
While the money you get from that is not as high as you can get from selling tech-parts and other rare loot to players later on, on the other hand, the money you get is more then enough to get some weapons constructed for levelling.

Jest
13-04-04, 16:22
It's definitely hard but it can be fun too. When retail started I made a pistol spy. I didn't play beta so it was a totally new game to me. It took me months to figure out simple game mechanics. Now when a newbie starts and joins my clan, we tell him everything, hook him up with implants, rares, credits, etc... Sometimes I feel like I robbing the new player of something. Like he didnt earn it himself, he had everything handed to him on a plate, and I feel bad for him.

But that still doesnt stop me from helping new players. I will gladly log a constructor, build em some low level weapons, give them the info to get the started, and send them on their way. Its almost good that starting over is hard because it gives old players a chance to talk to newbs and help them. Be sure to take that opportunity every chance you get.

funkeymonkey
13-04-04, 16:35
Your best bet is to get somebody else to start new with you. Even if one of you isent a ppu, you both have a better chance of geting capt aggie missions done if both of you are shooting/stabbing the mob. Its also a lot more fun teaming than soloing esp if you are on voice coms.

Me and some of my cartel buddies started new on jupiter, wasnt that hard starting off as a few of us (inc me - untill i realised i am a wank ppu and went apu) were ppu's.

MrChumble
13-04-04, 16:44
Try being a noobie PPU, it has to be the worst. You constantly need new spells, and they cost scary amounts of money (even to multi-millionaire capped PPU :( ). The only upside is no real running costs; you need very few psi boosters and they are easily cloned. Also leveling is quite simple as theres always noobs around who appreciate a PPU in the team. I know most people suggest leveling as APU then going PPU, but pure PPU all the way can be very rewarding.

Still, at the end of the day, when I re-roll one of my chars the first thing I do is give him/her 2 mil from one my other chars, and often I have a full set of weapons/spells pre-made before I even re-roll.

Crest
13-04-04, 16:52
Try being a noobie PPU, it has to be the worst. You constantly need new spells, and they cost scary amounts of money (even to multi-millionaire capped PPU :( ). The only upside is no real running costs; you need very few psi boosters and they are easily cloned. Also leveling is quite simple as theres always noobs around who appreciate a PPU in the team. I know most people suggest leveling as APU then going PPU, but pure PPU all the way can be very rewarding.

Still, at the end of the day, when I re-roll one of my chars the first thing I do is give him/her 2 mil from one my other chars, and often I have a full set of weapons/spells pre-made before I even re-roll.

On Saturn , I always have the first 50 levels worth of weapons made to high specs (3 - 5 slots modded) then dump 300K on my chars and level... Levelling with a PPU - Since I dont have one laying around its all home grown levelling....

As for PPU from scratch .. Man I have respect for that , Me I was hybrid when they were ubber frist time , then at level 40 went PPU when they killed off the first hybrids.....

As for Noob killing.... One of my friends was on Uranus and level 10 ... got killed in aggies ..... not nice since it was a level 40 that killed him ... Had that been on our home servee oe of many chars wuld have come down and tought the twat about noob killing, but we were on foreign terrain.....

I feel for Brand new players ... Not the vets who have options and knowledge but the noobs ..... Man they take out LE, get killed ... (rembering back) and buy new stuff cause they don't know about the GR thing to retrieve stuff

El_MUERkO
13-04-04, 17:01
I started on Saturn about 5 months ago without any help and started on pluto about a month ago without any help.

As I started to level friends from diffrent clans were able tos ort me out with some kit and money.

GT_Rince
13-04-04, 17:12
It isn't all that hard - you just have to know what to do...

Missions - Get all your primary stats up a few lvl's until you can use a TL3 heal. You should also have about 30k in cash. THEN start looking at levelling. You will be using a better gun by then and can afford the BP and cst.

Inside of 2 days you have a character that (with no help) has managed to get together about 150k in cash and has a decent weapon.

Those peeps that still insist that the best way to start lvling is to start killing straight away, are very wrong. If you have friends, weapons, money, etc., then it can be made a shitload easier for you.

numb
13-04-04, 17:12
From when I started neocron (uk retail) and when I started again on pluto in the summer. The small sewer rat missions paid well. I would also do a few delivery jobs - these are real good for a newbie as you can learn the town quite well, and do jobs with minimal risk, the xp is quite good to start with too.

Small sewer rat missions, can help you accumulate cash, at an ok rate to start with. Just kill the rats, which all spawn quite quickly in the same place - take all the junk they drop, and all the bits of meat, as these are makeshift medkits, and drop off the junk at Yos after each mission - or each two missions once you have a little more str.

You should be able to afford to get your first gun built in no time, and then soon after you will be able to go to aggie cellars and cash in on all the bones there (like the chests at 500nc a piece).

After that getting cash just gets easier and easier. On my pluto rifle spy I had him hunting wbs at quite a low rank and sold off level 3 imps/comp 10s + unided parts to get my cash up to 1.5mil, then I was set to start collecting all my own stuff. [you dont really learn about how to do that without knowing the game first though]

It would be nice if when you started your apartment came with a bit more gear in it, donated by your faction or whatever, stuff that would help you get along a bit quicker, like ammo, the odd implant, maybe some armour and a few of the lower TL weapons. If KK truely believe people may exploit the money value of these (and the way the economy is atm, why bother?) - then the value of these items when sold to shop could be set to very low, like 0nc.

amfest
13-04-04, 17:29
I don't think you should get more when you start out. If you want more money in the city or whereever you should stay and kill just a lil at mc5 before you GR out. It's not that hard. Although I think gun users have it harder cause of ammo but they can always resort to fists (although not every n00b knows about fists and personally I think it should be reachable by cycling through your weapons and not alt+H ). The thing that really gets to me though is droners. The first drone they are given shouldn't blow up compeltely. It should return to the INV or quickbelt slot with Condition loss though the runner should still suffer SI hit. It shouldnt' be bp'able either or if you can bp it and build more those should blow up completely but the first one given should be indestrubable till 0/0 condition andthen it's useless.

evs
13-04-04, 17:36
i started on venus again yesterday
as an english speaking player i struggled like crazy.

in fact i gave up.

i was advertising for a medicant smg on trade and i was told noone will sell or tradeskill to me as im english.

very nice O_o

i struggled for the next few hours and gave up.
mobs in tg cave is annoying, but life gets even more annoying when your 25% weapon breaks every 5 minutes and becomes useless rapidly.

its not as bad on an english server, you can make it with nothing and become something (hell everyones done it once) but joining venus was the pits and ive never been treated so much like an outcast its unbelieveable.

Ah well.

ezza
13-04-04, 17:40
i started on venus again yesterday
as an english speaking player i struggled like crazy.

in fact i gave up.

i was advertising for a medicant smg on trade and i was told noone will sell or tradeskill to me as im english.

very nice O_o

i struggled for the next few hours and gave up.
mobs in tg cave is annoying, but life gets even more annoying when your 25% weapon breaks every 5 minutes and becomes useless rapidly.

its not as bad on an english server, you can make it with nothing and become something (hell everyones done it once) but joining venus was the pits and ive never been treated so much like an outcast its unbelieveable.

Ah well.im guessing you were talking in english?

maybe the number of english fucktards have pissed off thte frence players

Sleawer
13-04-04, 17:49
Before my break from NC I made a Rifle PE on Pluto, and without knowing anyone I started playing there.

My first steps led me to Viarosso sewers; there I could be alone most of the time. Melee all the way down there, first rats on missions and then plants for the loms.

When I felt big enought and gathered some money I left to plaza. I must admit that I had luck with tradeskillers, Glyc was there 24/7 constructing. I think my first weapon was a shotgun, that I used to kill in lvl2 sewers at VR. I got more money there and bones for my PE.

Next day I was heading to aggies to powerlevel in groups at the first room. Too bad BD wasn't liked there, so enemy factions pretty much ganked me on sight. So I went to the OZ and leveled there. No missions for money, but with patience I gathered the implants, bones and weapons from mutants (specially advanced bones and plasma pistols) to make some profit.

Some hours later I was seeking implants in the forums for my char. I kept leveling non stop (with some recycle at this time) and gathering the drops. With enought recycle I kept myself supplied of drugs to compensate the lack of implants, and when I got the implants I used the drugs to boost me to the next weapon.

I got enought money to build myself extra weapons now, trying to get slots. Luckily for me a constructor (name 'Consty') made me some godly weapons, included 4 slots TAR. Happy enought I moved to Gabanium and started to snipe horrors. BD wasn't liked there tho, so I got ganked there by allies this time (some babbling shit about 'CD sucks'). I could exp there enought to get some hack tho, then I moved to NS.

At Northstar I found some SS guys that didn't mind a low lvl BD PE killing warbots. After some time hunting WBs I got fed up and left the game bored, with all my chars on Saturn, and a 48/50* rifle PE on Pluto with 30+ unid tech parts and all non-rare implants that he could need (included exp leg/foot). It took me around a week.

If the player is a 'real' n00b with no alts, my suggestion is to find and join a clan that you like. I tried but BD was pretty much dead at that time, so I had to stick with it on my own. If the player however knows what's he doing, there are loads lovely setups you can use to prepare the way for your other chars.

/edit: btw I'm back on Saturn from some time ago now; the Pluto PE is still there tho heh.

Archeus
13-04-04, 18:11
im guessing you were talking in english?

maybe the number of english fucktards have pissed off thte frence players

Its just the general snobbery that's all. Got the same with the Germans vs English, Americans vs Europeans, English vs Irish. petty country rivialies exist even in the future. -_-

* Note the majority are not like this only a few. Also bare in mind Venus is french speaking. Amazing as it may sound but there are people in this world that can't speak English.

evs
13-04-04, 18:15
yes i did speak in english.

i think the 'petty racism' is perhaps commonplace which really dampened my spirits to be honest.

i was polite, didnt cause any grief - but i was singled out of trade chat and told in no uncertain terms i would not be traded with or services done for me.

pity really as i have seen various venus players on this server telling players to come to venus - that its fun and I would be welcomed with open arms.

again pity all i found was exactly opposite of that.

Nidhogg
13-04-04, 18:36
If you experience racism in-game please report it. Take screenshots and send them to abuse@neocron.com. Also create an in-game support ticket and we'll do our best to put a stop to it.

N

zii
13-04-04, 18:42
Some idiot tells n00b LE is bad. n00b check description and takes LE out cuz idiot told him he could have been capped by now due to the cut down money and exp. Idiot kills n00b and calls him a n00b. n00b quits game.

Never happened to me, and when I start a new char the first thing I do is remove my LE. Perhaps I've been killed a couple of times but its very seldom. When I was a real newbie I was PKed quite a bit, but I read the game description on the box afore I bought it so I expected someone to kill me!

I thiink that a new char should start with more dough. At least enough to tag a couple of Genreps and rescue his/her backpack a several times.

spongeb0b
13-04-04, 18:51
just started a mellee PE and after reading this thread decided to make this character totally self reliant, ie. i will not give this character anything I have already aquired on another character... (except maybe the very sexy 4 slot VR i built inspireing me to make this character :D ) . After exitting MC5 without even a knife I get fed up with punching rats for zero xp and DF gives me her old mellee crap from her n00b lol... it's really annoying statrting a new character i must agree and if i were a total never before played n00b i woulda quit by now...

Kenjuten
13-04-04, 19:15
I couldn't be assed to read this thread unfortunately...which is rare.

I rolled all my chars pretty much apart from one another. I didn't ask for stuff from other people, and I didn't swap stuff between my chars.

...Each of my chars got their ball rolling within an hour at most, with the exception of Kristarina as she's in TG and had a kind of a hard time most of the day getting setted up.

So I unfortunately don't see what the problem is. O_o

RuButt
13-04-04, 20:47
i made a new char on uranus once... a psi monk.

Was really easy to be honest... but then again i knew pretty much everything.

So yeah, the game is to hard for newbies.

Kenjuten
13-04-04, 21:13
Aye, maybe it is a bit too hard for those that don't know what to do in NC when they first play.

But the original thread poster had lots of experience before and is basically saying his rerolled char is hard, at least as hard as his first newbie char if not harder.

I think Crest's problem was that he was too used to his old char's uberness. :D

Crest
14-04-04, 09:00
Aye, maybe it is a bit too hard for those that don't know what to do in NC when they first play.

But the original thread poster had lots of experience before and is basically saying his rerolled char is hard, at least as hard as his first newbie char if not harder.

I think Crest's problem was that he was too used to his old char's uberness. :D

I admit I got used to the ease on Saturn to get things done .... Need a 4 slotter .... ress it 100 times, build it, barter the useless ones and make a profit ... All done within clan....

A few of clan mates have now tried uranus and the biggest time sink is not the leveling ..... Not the dying ... Hey the cash aint too much of a problem... Its the getting stuff built . I have waited for over 2 hours to get a gun made .... the process was simple...

PLaza 2 Advertise you need a constructor, Trade advertise the same. Wait a few minutes, look at titles and so on ... Pick up aggie mission , complete and try the advertising again, look at titles ....

Once I am established with my current Char, then its gonna be easy to get a support group on the server ... But hey for now its depending on others ... I don't think Uranus is all that good for this... nUmbers low and all ... But a special thanks to all those who did help .... I needed some one to convert my 25% archer rifle into something that I could use

spongeb0b
14-04-04, 09:09
you started on uranus?... ok DM me or mail me if you need anything i'm a helpy helper... cos i'm useless at pVp... characters : sp0ngebob (big 0 is a zero) // shan hui // galadriel // bobpants spongesquare // kid spongeh // spongeh // bath sponge (I'll be online this afternoon after work about 3-4ish untill late) :D :D :D :angel:

Crest
14-04-04, 09:10
you started on uranus?... ok DM me or mail me if you need anything i'm a helpy helper... cos i'm useless at pVp... characters : sp0ngebob (big 0 is a zero) // shan hui // galadriel // bobpants spongesquare // kid spongeh // spongeh // bath sponge (I'll be online this afternoon after work about 3-4ish untill late) :D :D :D :angel:

Thanks , We look forward to the help

manderf
14-04-04, 10:16
i say for all weapons under tl 50 they need to make artifact when store bought. ITs so fucking lame having to find a researcher and const for a weapon you use for about 20minutes in which you spend hours looking for the tradeskillers.

numb
14-04-04, 10:21

Yeah I've been saying this for time in various posts on here. When I started on pluto i kept my LE in as I knew I wouldnt lose XP and did not have the time or will to collect my belt whenever I died. Most levelling places I went I was told repeatedly to remove my LE, and read the description.

I was playing with another mate at the time, who'd just started and they convinced him to get his LE out - so we had to go through all the hassle of getting a new one made.

Even when retail started, guides + general advice on the forum said not to remove the LE until your character has got to a reasonable level, and a lot of people followed that logic, even with the higher reqs for guns on LEd users.

kbmg
14-04-04, 11:19
I agree its hard for a newbie the newbie land really doesnt help. ive even tried to give the newbie land a chance but the mmonsters are scarce the lag is Major and the quests are way to tough.

What i do when starting from scratch before even marking a gogo i do some very easy recycling quests. get my cash up. and some quick jobs. (punching os often more efective than newbiee wepon and your fist wont break.) I tend to like to start with a bit of constructing/reserching/recycling just so i dont have to depend on others as a newbie. when it matters i can lom the skills i dont want away. keeping his in mind i do save any lom pills i get that i will want to use.

this is what id do if i was asked to make a neocron newbie land.
have one of every type of shop keeper in that 1st room
weapon, armour, tool, chem, have a city com and gogo in the room as well.
also have people in the room who will give delivery missions, recycling missions
and all the basic missions youd find in a guild hq. have any non quickjob city com mission you could get direct em to these people. then maybe have a newbie epic quest for when they get a bit bigger.

in the room a door to a non aggro sewer 1 like place thats filled with the newbiests of creatures from around neocron anything in very easy quests, spiders, small bats,plants, roaches, flies, small mech shells, have it loaded with boxes. why because a lot of people get 20 in recycle and they can earn some good dex doing recycle recipes.

perhaps outside would be a mini town outzone like place with slightly harder non aggro mobs. thisplace could have sewer 2-3 like places with mobs found in easy-normal quickjobs also filled with boxes both hacking and normal make sure there is also a lot of gogos/citycoms. perhaps m ake the look of it similer to game demo.

also i think a person should be able to teleport back and forth to thier apartment as long as they. the higher thier x/30 is is more it should cost
if a person is x/10 or under = free x/10-20= 1k 20-30= 2k
1 have LE in(this will prevent pk)
2 are under lets say x/30
3 have not finished newbie epic
after that point it vanishes off thier teleport list.

this way if they get frusterated and go to thier apt they can go back and maybe more experienced low level people can hang around and help them
be a good way for low level tradeskillers to get a start.

winnoc
14-04-04, 11:55
I remember when i leveled up my first char (winnoc the spy).
I didn't know anything, just fiddled around a bit, and put points in the wrong things.
You don't mind wasting time then, because your're actualy finding out new things and places all the time.

Like the time i drove my first rhino and had some unknown tank at MB gun it for me to hunt wb's.
I couldn't believe how powerfull i felt.

Or the time i used my stealth tool for the first time.

And even the first pain easer i ever used.

The problem is when you start over from scratch you know what to do and you wanna get there real fast, as things tend to get boring then.

Kenjuten
14-04-04, 14:31
i say for all weapons under tl 50 they need to make artifact when store bought. ITs so fucking lame having to find a researcher and const for a weapon you use for about 20minutes in which you spend hours looking for the tradeskillers.in my opinion it's easy to level with what's storebought...maybe you're just wanting to powerlevel your way through =P Yeah, well, if you wanna do that you gotta do stuff the current way.

Jeez, I have a droner and I don't want my drones being artifact-bought in stores 8|

I thought I explained this already, but here goes again..

My LE description is updated already, I dunno what's up with you guys O_o it says the only problem with the LE is that you can't put it back in at a specific skill rank.

extract
14-04-04, 14:32
The only time Ive ever started fresh with NO help was when I first started, every other time has been cross server trades etc, etc, however the first time I started the game, I left noob MC5 with over a million credits, I was there a week, killed an asston of those bots and got those prototype processors, of course this was before I even knew that there was a whole lot more to the game.......now I couldnt stand to be there more than 5 mins....but if ur really hard up for cash and insist on actually starting from scratch...I can think of no better way to get good startup cash than noob MC5

Patso
14-04-04, 15:09
I started a PPU on Saturn and it is very hard, harder than when I originally started on Pluto (as far as I can remember!)

Levelling STR seems to be harder as a monk and even though I can take down aggies, I cannot carry much loot. And then the cost of the spells is expensive and you need to keep buying them, plus implants, armour etc.

And you cannot always get a decent team as other people will still use their own heals/deflectors, so you feel a bit redundant.

But I created an APU and this is completely different, i went to El Farid and just hammered the scorpions, I now have 90K plus decent armour and spells!!

As a n00b it is very hard getting into the game but it shouldn't be too easy, we just need more info on what each item does rather than 'no information available'

Devils Grace
14-04-04, 16:04
My LE description is updated already, I dunno what's up with you guys O_o it says the only problem with the LE is that you can't put it back in at a specific skill rank.

That is not a problem, that is a good thing

n3m
14-04-04, 16:25
I started a tank on Uranus, see how high you could get in MC5. I think his SL is about -68 now. He's now level 16ish and I got bored (too little mobs and the knives break in 5 hits).
The prototype processor mission isn't working anymore. The chief technician doesnt say anything, so it'll be confusing for newbs.
Also started an APU on Pluto (FA), because there arent any good missions for a FA (spiderbots rip thru you) I went leveling in NC, tried to get my NEXT sympathy high enough for the aggie missions.. (hes level 10 now i think)
After that I went back to Saturn, and play in op fights almost every night. which is fun

jernau
14-04-04, 18:30
I've done clean starts quite a few times both on other servers and on my main server without anyone knowing it was me and without moving items or cash over. I didn't have any real problems except the language barrier on Jupiter which is entirely understandable.

Knowledge is the greatest tool and weapon though and I am sure it's a lot harder for a true noob who doesn't know the best ways to earn money and XP.

Kenjuten
14-04-04, 21:20
DG, they were yelling to fix the LEs because somehow their descriptions were showing the very old one about having it in = less exp and higher reqs..

All I'm saying is mine is updated...and I don't know why theirs isn't. o.o

JackScratch
14-04-04, 21:28
I am proud to say, that within thew last 5 months, I not only started from scratch, but on Uranus, I started 4 chars, got them leveled signifigantly, and started a large scale weapons dealership all with out any signifigant help.

Kenjuten
14-04-04, 22:12
Heh Jack, gratz.

I was planning to do something kinda similar with my 6 chars to help Pluto out, but the going is so slow. :( You probably don't have as much to do as I do, lol

JackScratch
14-04-04, 22:14
Heh Jack, gratz.

I was planning to do something kinda similar with my 6 chars to help Pluto out, but the going is so slow. :( You probably don't have as much to do as I do, lol

Self employed, guilty as charged. On the other hand, I have been playing since Beta 4, steadily, so I know a leveling trick or 2.

Aw, man, I just realised they took occupation off of the posts, man that blows.