PDA

View Full Version : Mc5

___T-X____
13-04-04, 11:37
First off, I hear the the grapevine that mc5 is about to be re-opened.

I hate MC5, ive never liked it, its seems to serve no purpose except to be a frustrating time sink with the constant battle against syncing in and dieing before you even get out the black screen.

however, its become apparent that my rifle spy on a one char server needs an SA. I have tried mc5 with a capped tank and PPU that was hard enough.

I imagine this 'rework' is nothing more than them removing pillars, walls and desks etc to make it even harder. I'd be very surprising if they actually created a reworked mc5 that somehow actually involves some element of roleplay or sense of purpose. But we'll see.

All that being said, can anyone give me guidance on how a rifle spy can attempt mc5, I have about 120 dex, so i can access all armours including Anti-Rad (ARS), just not pa4.

I only want to take one rare weopon into the mc5 cos of belt drop, and i have a silent hunter. Any advice on how i could do it ?

I hate the idea of rezoning over and over, because mc5 is going to be camped until DOY now, but i think I need to grind it out

hinch
13-04-04, 11:40
couple of tanks couple of ppu's can drop the com in under a minute

athon
13-04-04, 11:41
pray - lots.

And more than one PPU probably wouldn't be a bad idea, and a friendly tank or apu may help.

Athon Solo

___T-X____
13-04-04, 11:55
Do you what what type of Damage they do ?

J. Folsom
13-04-04, 11:56
Energy and X-Ray.

(That's based on the fact that they apparently use copbot rifles, which only have energy and xray ammo, I have no confirmation for this though)

hinch
13-04-04, 11:56
pure energy i think callash stated its in a thread somewhere from about 8 months or so ago.

Original monk
13-04-04, 11:57
Do you what what type of Damage they do ?

officially energy and xray .. like copbots

but some say they do pure energy

i believe its xray and energy, thats why i use a xray/energy capped tank to be on the safeside .. or an energy/xray specced apu :)

edit: me = slowass

___T-X____
13-04-04, 12:08
So its feasablie to say a rifle spy wouldnt get badly shafted ?

Xray bones, pa3, energy belt ?

hinch
13-04-04, 12:11
no you'll get shafted big style

n3m
13-04-04, 12:16
PE with ppu = dead
spy with ppu = dead
APU or Tank with ppu = new chip

ezza
13-04-04, 12:18
PE with ppu = dead
spy with ppu = dead
APU or Tank with ppu = new chip
its a bit crap really that 2 of the 4 classes cant even hunt there for chips they need, i mean its not so bad on 4 char servers as proberly someone with a spy has a tank or apu , but on 1 char server it be a pain as a pe/spy.

and no doubt the changes they have done in MC5 have made it even more harder.

hinch
13-04-04, 12:18
even an apu is pushing it but certainly survive longer than most

tanks are the best though so easy for them in there with a couple of good ppus

last time i went though i almost died my self crying laughing as one clan had brought 12 people to do the mc5 run including a stealth spy to pickup their belts when they all died :) :lol:

i turned up with me and an apu !!

Siygess
13-04-04, 12:22
Well TX, I think the only way people like you and me are going to be able to hunt at MC5 is if they take away the zone borders and make the game world one big zone.. then we can fire in through the doorway from 3k..er.. 600 meters away. :(

___T-X____
13-04-04, 12:23
If i zone under stealth, then use SH on the Base comm, i should get out ok ?

Siygess
13-04-04, 12:25
As long as you use stealth 2 or 3 you should be okay.. but not only will it take forever, I doubt you'll get any drops off the comander this way :/

hinch
13-04-04, 12:25
as soon as you open fire even if you stealth again you get fucked
and considering your SH will do about 200 damage to him undb'd if your lucky
you will have to hit him approximatly 100 times before he dies.

ofc you will never manage more than 1 shot

Glok
13-04-04, 12:27
You started this thread dude. Maybe read the replies? Spy in MC5 = dead, WITH a PPU.

edit: damn you hinch.

hinch
13-04-04, 12:30
lol glock

i have taken a spy into mc5 once before but the glass was still there
damage % on spells didnt matter
and they hadnt boosted the mobs to like 1000%

Glok
13-04-04, 12:33
and they hadnt boosted the mobs to like 1000%I hated that patch. You could tank a chaser before that one.

Original monk
13-04-04, 12:36
last time i went though i almost died my self crying laughing as one clan had brought 12 people to do the mc5 run including a stealth spy to pickup their belts when they all died :) :lol: !

even a spy to pick up the belts : rofl, everyone in the chain has he's or her job right :D like a well-oiled machine :)

when those 12 people each want a chip then it will take like quite a long time they have to camp in there :)

ideal is 1 ppu and 1 tank ... all the rest is trouble cause ya have to "share" :)

Clownst0pper
13-04-04, 12:59
Holy Firestorm does about 400dmg to the commander per tick, and kills the rest, so its really easy.

OR.

DMG boost the commander, and hit him with kamikaze drones, hes dead in about 2. :)

Glok
13-04-04, 13:04
Oh yeah forgot droner spies. Still need a PPU to get in though.

LumLum
13-04-04, 13:17
2 Revenge drones or 2 minutes of revenge droning?? :eek:

I also need an SA and its a pain in the ass as a Melee Tank in MC5 is no laughing matter.

hinch
13-04-04, 13:26
melee tank is one of the best classes in the game for mc5ing if you have a ppu their damage output is obscene

athon
13-04-04, 14:11
I don't think stealth would work. The problem is that once a mob has targeted you, stealth has no effect - they can shoot you as normal.

Maybe you could try using oblit to stealth in, then punch the commander to death =D

...Might take a while tho.

Best chance, as already said, is APU / Tank + PPU

Athon Solo

Original monk
13-04-04, 14:33
Maybe you could try using oblit to stealth in, then punch the commander to death =D

this would be an exploit ... i say would cause now when ya hit the commander once, even in stealth, he will woop youre ass :D

Shadow Dancer
13-04-04, 14:35
I changed my setup to be like pure x-ray/health for mc5. Couldn't spy or pe do the same? It worked well. But it still doesn't change the fact that it's incredibly boring. I really wish that KK would up the drop rate to at least 1 part per commander, guaranteed.

johngreen2000
13-04-04, 15:36
now im curious..what do you mean 2 kami drones? You mean 2 revenge will kill him?

Original monk
13-04-04, 15:38
I changed my setup to be like pure x-ray/health for mc5. Couldn't spy or pe do the same? It worked well. But it still doesn't change the fact that it's incredibly boring. I really wish that KK would up the drop rate to at least 1 part per commander, guaranteed.

ffcourse a spy or pe could fight in there ...

but if you would have to go to Dakar to do the rally over there ... ya would prefer a full equipped 4x4 JEEP ... instead of a bicycle witouth light and only 1x 33cl sodacan :P

wolfwood
13-04-04, 15:44
heres the deal, if wanna solo mc5 as a spy you need to get another account or rerole into a tank or ppu. Then cap that character and along the way make some friends who are tanks and apus and such. Then once you get the parts for an sa rerole your tank/ppu into a spy (giving your friend the chip parts first along with the gear).

in short spies cant solo mc5 unless you have about 2 days of freetime to stay there and slowly try to kill one guy......

Dribble Joy
13-04-04, 15:50
Yes, but the problem is that PEs and spies have such a crap dmg out put that it takes forever to kill the com, add the fact that PEs gain next to nothing from PPU shields.

n3m
13-04-04, 18:43
ffcourse a spy or pe could fight in there ...

but if you would have to go to Dakar to do the rally over there ... ya would prefer a full equipped 4x4 JEEP ... instead of a bicycle witouth light and only 1x 33cl sodacan :P
rofl nice comparison :lol: