PDA

View Full Version : /set

Superbron
13-04-04, 09:06
Hi,

Is there some kind of table which contains all the /set commands? I know the /set reset_position 1 and the /set self_kill 1 command but are there more?

Greetz

Spex
13-04-04, 09:09
If you switch from 1st to 3rd person perspective and back you will see several /set commands. Furthermore, some of the config files contain /set commandos, too.

Nash_Brigham
13-04-04, 09:44
If you switch from 1st to 3rd person perspective and back you will see several /set commands. Furthermore, some of the config files contain /set commandos, too.
Set ctrl_externaldist # set's teh distance of the camera from your character in 3rd person, I know that. Default I beleive is 100.

Set ctrl_bob 0 deactivates the camera bob, very useful as the bob annoys the piss out of me.

Those are the two main's I use, setting the external cam distance to 200 or 250, whichever suits my taste, and stopping the annoying camera bob from while moving.

El_MUERkO
13-04-04, 10:54
Set ctrl_bob 0

Thank you!!!

Thats been driving me mad, I had bob disabled months ago but when I did a reinstall I lost it and when I asked no one knew the command, stoopid bob drove me stone mad.

mystery8
13-04-04, 11:59
http://www.neocrononline.com/staticpages/index.php?page=20020817170222493

That's rather old, so some of it might be incorrect.

Judge
13-04-04, 12:08
Wow, I never realised that you could disable bob.

Original monk
13-04-04, 12:30
Wow, I never realised that you could disable bob.

i usually typed it in every time i started a neocronsession ... now i yust have it in my config ... im so stupid: if i had done that sooner it would of spare my 3 million time of typing that command in :/

Jeros82
13-04-04, 12:41
WTF is bob ???

Every day i crack my brains because every body makes up the strange defenitions... You don't wanna know how long it took before I understood 1337.

Original monk
13-04-04, 12:52
WTF is bob ???

Every day i crack my brains because every body makes up the strange defenitions... You don't wanna know how long it took before I understood 1337.

bob= bobbing ... when you walk you see youre body or youre view, moving from left to right ... to insinuate a walking effect ...

when ya type: /set ctrl_bob 0.0 in youre chatboxwindow ingame -> then the bobbing stops and ya can play normally .. like in counterstrike .. witouth the annoying bobbing that gives you a headache :)

J. Folsom
13-04-04, 12:53
It's bob, as in head bob. And head bob is used because it's supposed to be a simulation of the bobbing movement your head makes while walking.

Glok
13-04-04, 12:55
Hmmmm, bobbing doesn't bother me... but I bet if I used third person at 250 distance it would. I'm first person hardcore.

tkNukem
13-04-04, 12:56
hmm i'm not sure if this bob is what i think it is...is bob the thing where you're in third person and mouse movement is somewhat bouyant or smoothed (to the point where there are often overthrows) ? if not, is there a way to remove it? that, to me, is most annoying while in third person...as uber as third person is.

blaczero
13-04-04, 13:17
can someone post those /set commands in this thread? i cannot get to that site from work.

J. Folsom
13-04-04, 13:28
Ingame Commands
http://www.neocrononline.com/layout/Halo/theme-images/spacer.gifUse the following commands by just typing them according to their syntax into the chat window. You will have to be in R.P.O.S. mode to do so (i.e. if you are walking around, press Tab to switch to R.P.O.S. mode, then type the command you wish to execute).

Chat
Syntax: /zone <message> OR /z <message>
Values: the message to send
Description: Sends a message in “zone” chat mode, overrides the current chat mode.

Syntax: /local <message> OR /l <message>
Description: Sends a message in “local” chat mode, overrides the current chat mode.

Syntax: /team <message> OR /t <message>
Description: Sends a message in “team” chat mode, overrides the current chat mode.

Syntax: +team <name> OR +t <name>
Values: a player name
Description: Invites a player to join your team, respectively sends an application for joining his team to the player.

Syntax: -team <name> OR -t <name>
Description: Removes a player from your team, respectively leave this player's team.

Syntax: /direct <message> OR /d <message>
Description: Sends a message in “direct” chat mode, overrides the current chat mode.

Syntax: +direct <name> OR +d <name>
Description: Establishes a new direct connection. Subsequent direct chat messages are sent to this player.

Syntax: /clan <message> OR /c <message>
Description: Sends a message in “clan” chat mode, overrides the current chat mode.

Syntax: +ignore <name> OR +i <name>
Description: Adds a player to the ignore list.

Syntax: -ignore <name> OR -i <name>
Description: Removes a player from the ignore list.

Syntax: /sms <key>
Values: a key code between 'a' and 'z'
Description: Sends a short message.

Syntax: +sms <key> <message>
Values: a key code between 'a' and 'z', a text string
Description: Binds a new message to a short message key.

Syntax: -sms <key>
Values: a key code between 'a' and 'z'
Description: Unbinds a short message.

Syntax: /emote <keyword>
/e <keyword>
Values: a single keyword
Description: Triggers an emotion anim for the specified keyword, if available.

Controls
Syntax: /set ctrl_hudallowmove 0|1
Values: 0=off 1=on
Description: Turning this option on allows for basic movement (forward, back, strafe) in R.P.O.S. move. Should be turned off if you use WASD or a similar config for movement.
Note: Can be turned on/off in the main menu options as well.

Syntax: /set ctrl_mousefac <x>
Values: value between 0.0 and 2.0
Description: Sets the mouse sensitivity. Ignored in R.P.O.S. mode. Note: Can be set in the main menu options as well.

Syntax: /set ctrl_mouseinvert 0|1
Values: 0=default 1=inverted
Description: Inverts the vertical mouse axis. Ignored in R.P.O.S. mode. Note: Can be set in the main menu options as well.

Syntax: /set ctrl_mouselock 0|1
Values: 0=default 1=lock
Description: Locks the render buffer every frame, to fix the “mouse lag” issue with some gfx card/driver combinations. May cost some fps.

Syntax: /set ctrl_bob <x>
Values: value between 0.0 and 1.0 (default = 1.0)
Description: Controls the amount of “bobbing” (up and down movement) you experience while walking/running through Neocron.

Gameplay
Syntax: /quit
Values: none
Description: Exit game.

Syntax: /set kill_self 1
Values: 1
Description: Instant suicide.

Syntax: /set reset_position 1
Values: 1
Description: After a delay of some seconds, the player's position is reset to a predefined position in the same zone.

Graphics
Syntax: /set gfx_hudcolor <x>
Values: 0=default >0=user defined
Description: Switches between R.P.O.S. color schemes. Use a value of 0 to select the default scheme, and 1..x to select a user defined scheme. See [your Neocron directory]inirposcolor.ini for more informations.

Syntax: /set ctrl_renderhud 0|1
Values: 0=off 1=default
Description: Supresses the rendering of the user interface (R.P.O.S.). Although not visible, the interface is still full functional.

Sound
Syntax: /set ctrl_sfxvolume <x>
Values: value between 0.0 and 1.0
Description: Sets the sound effects volume. 0=mute, 1=full volume.

Syntax: /set ctrl_musicvolume <x>
Values: value between 0.0 and 1.0
Description: Sets the mp3 music volume. 0=mute, 1=full volume.

Syntax: /set ctrl_musicdefaultset <x>
Values: x=[1..n], 0=off
Description: Sets or disables the music set (see [your Neocron directory]inibgmusic.ini) for zones w/o explicit music set. (e.g. apartments)

Misc
Syntax: /set sys_messages 0|1
Values: 0=default 1=on
Description: Beta test only. System messages on/off. Turning them on can help finding bugs, but usually very fast floods the chat window.

Syntax: /set ctrl_globalchat 0|1
Values: 0=off 1=default
Description: Beta test only. Enables or disables incoming global (zone) chat messages.

Chat Keys
Only available in R.P.O.S. mode.

Pos1 Place cursor to start of edit line.
End Place cursor to end of edit line.
Backspace Deletes char left of cursor.
Del Deletes char at cursor.
left/right Moves cursor position in edit line.
up/down Scroll through command history. Everything except plain chat messages is stored in the command history.

IMPORTANT: If you enable movement in R.P.O.S. mode (see /set ctrl_hudallowmove), you must press the ACTION key (default: ALT key) together with the left/right/up/down cursor keys.

And there you go.

Nash_Brigham
13-04-04, 23:56
hmm i'm not sure if this bob is what i think it is...is bob the thing where you're in third person and mouse movement is somewhat bouyant or smoothed (to the point where there are often overthrows) ? if not, is there a way to remove it? that, to me, is most annoying while in third person...as uber as third person is.
Bobbing is teh swaying your screen does from left to right while you walk or run in game. Even in third person it does that, and if you like it, more power to you. But I like a nice steady cam, because frankly, my head don't bob like that :lol:

Organics
14-04-04, 00:23
@Folsom.

Ahhh nice one man, that information is really useful. I never knew you could just "/d" a Direct message to someone, I hated having to keep changing using the F1 key and selecting new talk type.

Good stuff, I reckon this thread should be made sticky, those commands are extremely useful.

5 stars.

Biznatchy
14-04-04, 06:26
There is a file in the ini folder under your neocron folder that has a control.ini file. In there is the setting for /set ctrl_bob 1.0 edit the file to say 0 to turn the head bob off for good.

Crest
14-04-04, 09:05
WTF is bob ???

So explain 1337 to me then

Nash_Brigham
14-04-04, 10:19
So explain 1337 to me then
O_o

leet
733+

And many other forms
Basically dewd speak and short hand for elite.

olavski
15-03-07, 17:21
Big huge bump.

I'm looking for the /set command to show my FPS and more info on the bottom of my screen.

I assume that this is a /set command.

Nullvoid
15-03-07, 17:30
it's a decent enough assumption, but the correct command is alt+f

now this thread can r.i.p again :)

Lodar
15-03-07, 17:36
Please don't bump threads, especially those that are nearly three years old.