PDA

View Full Version : NCPD most wanted.

Elroy Jetson
13-04-04, 08:43
LOL omg this is the coolest feature. My only complaint is that not enough ppl with negative sl are listed. :D

I had a blast with 2 other clan mates hunting down Mr.-33 sl the other night. The info tells you the last known whereabouts. So we hop in a Revler and track him down. He is Templar so we figured he would have some buddy's with him so we brought a ppu along. We track em all across the map several times having to check the com to see where he has moved to. Then we see trails of loot from wb's pretty much drawing a line across the zones. o_O We finally caught up to them in j-08. 4 in all , but no ppu , wOOt. Needless to say we waisted em but one of Mr.-33sl's buddy's got his belt before we could could kill him. :( Still all in all it was a fun ass adventure and it ended up good.

Anyone else using this feature to rp some justice? If so , lets hear it. :D

Scikar
13-04-04, 09:41
Remember to kill the red SL guy last next time. ;)

G.0.D.
13-04-04, 09:56
This feature works against me! :rolleyes:

Heavyporker
13-04-04, 10:04
Make drop penalities for being red SL less harsh, then we'll see some REAL outlaws.

Psychoninja
13-04-04, 10:18
This feature works against me! :rolleyes:

Amen!
I think the current system is what would make a real outlaw. Fearless and confident. But no one here is dumb enough....

:rolleyes:

G.0.D.
13-04-04, 10:27
Ive been on the list a few times :(

Archeus
13-04-04, 10:30
Only ones on the list are the ones stupid enough to go red.

Heavyporker
13-04-04, 10:30
well, yeah, yeah, let me rephrase my statement - if the current penalities for being Red SL was trimmed, then we'd see more outlaws.

Currently it takes REAL balls to be a red-sl'er.

Archeus
13-04-04, 10:39
Currently it takes REAL balls to be a red-sl'er.

For oh about 4-5 days then you can't play your character anymore. PKilla tried it.

Try accidently going red and try to get back to Green with a large number on the server out to try and kill you. The NCPD with the drop rules is overkill.

G.0.D.
13-04-04, 10:58
When I first came back I had negative 59 SL...

I took a epic gat and went to MB to do missions. Maybe 6 people attacked me. Not bad since It took all day to fix my SL

Jeros82
13-04-04, 10:59
How much hacking do you actually need to hack the belt of a red SL-er ???

G.0.D.
13-04-04, 11:13
-60 sl = 20 hack (requirment for the tool)

El_MUERkO
13-04-04, 11:17
I've hacked a few red SL belts in my time and got some ub3r loot, I'd hunt red sl peeps but due to the nasty negitives SL brings with it theres not many of them.

psychowar
13-04-04, 11:22
-60 sl = 20 hack (requirment for the tool)

you will need no hack skill and no hack tool to open the belt :)

i tried it

GT_Rince
13-04-04, 11:29
After some fighting on Jupiter in the TG caves, I managed to get my SL to -40 and got booted out of my faction (TG). I had people camping my apt asking me to come out and play. At one point, there were 7 out there.

I can't remember the turn of events, but somehow one of them managed to get in. I called for help and it came in the form of Cannings kicking some hefty ass. I let him in and he killed 8 peeps (with no buffs) before he finally dropped.

But, it was a lot of fun. after my SL got to -22, we tried a little RP as well, and killed everyone that wasn't TG in the caves. As you can imagine, a few annoyed peeps turned up with backup. At one point, about 30 peeps were stood in the TG caves, with me killing the odd one when we didn't like what they said. Finally, some spies got pissed at me and I died.

Not sure I will want to get booted out of TG again, but I will be going -ve SL again real soon :D

hinch
13-04-04, 11:32
rince at one point we had 8 of the top 10 chars on the most wanted list

theres only 10 people in our clan !!! though i think fenix's tank is still no1 he was at -78 sl at one point

GT_Rince
13-04-04, 11:48
lol - -ve 40 is my personal best. Then I spent 5 hours doing missions and I am now back up to +30. How long it will stay there, is anyones guess :D

hinch
13-04-04, 11:51
proabably till tonight when i get bored and force you to pk tg again

HatchetRyda
13-04-04, 18:35
A few m8's and I found a - SLer.. Camped his elevator shaft but the clown would not come out, so I cried.

Candaman
13-04-04, 19:00
one time i went to -32 sl bad barrel on a rez kill hit a vendor and knocked me over while me and hinch were @ el farid. It was suprising but people kept gring in expecting me to be sat there waiting to be killed nethertheless me and hinch got aobut 20 belts for ourselves that day :D

Jest
13-04-04, 19:30
I hunted down a red City Admin guy once. Was funny as hell since I'm a BD hunting down those dirty CA criminals. hehe. We had a guy track his location from zone to zone while me and another hunted him. We followed him from Ind 2 to Outzone 8.

I really wish this feature turned from -32 to -16 for its limit. http://mirror-shades.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_exclaim.gif

Kenjuten
13-04-04, 19:32
Then the cops would start shooting at -16, no?

Might be just a bit TAD unfair. I dunno. Maybe.

Jest
13-04-04, 19:57
Then the cops would start shooting at -16, no?

Might be just a bit TAD unfair. I dunno. Maybe. Well cops start shooting at -17 currently. But their name goes red at -16 and thats when they start dropping 5 items. Would just be cool if their name appeared on the list when their name is red.

Kenjuten
13-04-04, 20:10
Oh!

I thought it was -32 when they did that...

My bad.

Heavyporker
13-04-04, 20:28
YES! Make it so that you get on the NCPD's shitlist at -16 SL!!!!!

Freaky Fryd
13-04-04, 20:36
I didn't find out about this feature until yesterday morning... (yeah, yeah...n00b...)
but I've already tracked down a few people with it, and found one of them in less than 5 minutes in the wastelands. Unfortunately, that one was LE'd...

This morning, I spotted an FF member on the list just before his SL got high enough to bump him off the list. On a whim, I checked that sector almost 10 minutes later, and found him without trouble...

I was doing alright against the PE, but his piercing damage was taking a toll on my little ol' kami spy so I had to stealth a lot...then a dev/rav tank came out, which means I had to increase my range to fit in more shots...

Then the one apu, that has gotten me a few times lately, came out and got me again...
:(

Regardless, I had a huge amount of fun, was happy that they weren't coming close to killing me without that apu ;), was sooooo happy a PPU wasn't there, and love the NCPD most wanted list.

I'd like it better if they reduced the reqs for appearing on the list though, so that more people appear on it (people in the -20's), is only due to the reasonably low server population right now...

I'll be using this feature more in the future for sure...

Kenjuten
13-04-04, 21:08
YES! Make it so that you get on the NCPD's shitlist at -16 SL!!!!!Looking at your earlier posts, are you serious? o_o If so, explain pzl.

Heavyporker
13-04-04, 21:14
-32 is unrealistic for most people, and it lets bastards get away with doing 1 or 2 pks then scurrying away to raise SL, never once going near getting the NCPD's surviellance lists.

This'd make it a LOT harder to keep off the NCPD shitlist.

While being red SL should be rough, it shouldn't be so harsh that it essentially throws the idea of being an outlaw for those that wish to be one, and there should be a realistic way to stop exploiting bastards to dance their way through the law.

And where in my posts did I say that -32 is better than -16?

Kenjuten
13-04-04, 21:31
Nah, I didn't imply that dude, it's just looking at your earlier thoughts I had an impression that what you said would only make it harder..

You said currently it takes real balls to be a red criminal..

With the change in place it would take even bigger real balls, no?

Of course I agree that penalties should be more livable though.

Heavyporker
13-04-04, 21:51
why would it take bigger balls to be red at -16 as opposed to -32?

Red is red.

Kenjuten
13-04-04, 21:58
Eh, we're probably thinking on different wavelengths here.

But here's my view: If it starts at -16 and not -32, there would be no room for those 'haha i pk u' wannabes that would just kill a few people and then fix themselves up. Thus only the real balls and the bigger balls would exist, not the wannabes and the real balls instead.

Heavyporker
13-04-04, 22:08
that's the point.

you wanna be an asshole and kill someone outside of a duel or OP fight, then you should pay the penalty.

Granted, there's the problem of self-defense, but surely there could be a first-blood server-watch - whoever draws first blood upon a runner is the attacker, hence the attacked runner can kill the assailant without fear of legalistic retribution.

Kenjuten
13-04-04, 22:11
Aye, now I think I understand better. :D

As for the first-blood, there should also be a (non-abusable) apology option...

But let's face it, both can be abused in their own ways..hm..

If they do have to be implemented, lots of measures would have to be taken to prevent utter abusement.

Dru Blood
13-04-04, 22:13
i think the wanted signs in plaza 1 should be linked to the most wanted of the citycom,,

like make things work god damnit!

moshter
13-04-04, 22:15
yep that was fun many things went wrong for us that day lol the owner of the revler mutt i was gunner and and a couple clansmen huntin wbs for shits knew someone was comin lookin for me i was - 39 sl.well he saw your ppu and noone else since he was out of vehicale at the time he ran in for the attack up the hill meanwhile i see the pe down the hill and i got like 45 30mm clips cant hardly move i start shootin the revler gun dam behind hill cant hit the dam pe i jump from the car and try to draw the bead with the ravager dam cant move to mutch ammo.quick try to drop ammo pes acomin while in tab screen ohh no im being shot at tryin to get the dam count screen in tab mode ahhhhhh shut the dam thing fire back fuck im down.i tell my pe freind on teamspeak get the fuckin belt he says im to small he;ll kill my ass i got a fuckin ravager and a doombeamer,and pa 3 fuckin die getting it i yell!ok ok he says im dead.did you get my belt dammit.!longgg pause yes i got it.thank god belt hunters 0 moshter full recover.yep takes balls someones got to do it rofl.and by the by you guys DID get somthin my clans mate had like -20 sl and you got his belt for a 4 slotted cs.maybe your freinds didnt tell you that though but they got it for sure as for me and my 4 slotted ravager and my doombeamer , well the bad guy got away clean tnx for keepin it fun by huntin us see ya next time moshter the templer knight.

winnoc
14-04-04, 15:32
Like i said to Castoff yesterday:

"Running with Moshter is the complete opposite of running with a PPU.
You're sure to die cuz all these people wanna come try and kill him."

He lives by the negotiation with the CS :-)

Elroy Jetson
15-04-04, 05:23
LOL 4 slot CS? that cheating little bastard. But honestly i wasn't in it for the loot. You did notice that we were all FA? Killing Templars is joy #1 :D

On the -16 sl for being on the NCPD list, i'm all for it. Although camping ppls apts is ********. I wait till the location says somewhere besides the apt then i'm on the case . Oh and of course if they are not FA. :lol: