PDA

View Full Version : [brainport] Dimensional Portal!

metalangel
13-04-04, 01:00
Yes. A dimensional portal between servers... throw items through... or dare you enter yourself? Just explain that NeXT were experimenting with teleporters and accidentally opened a gate - and on the other side they found four identical Neocrons!

What do you think? It could cause huge problems (cross-server wars, griefs, etc) but it could be fun too!

NONpk
13-04-04, 01:37
i think thats ImPoSsIbLe :eek:

Necrosadistic
13-04-04, 03:30
Why not just merge all the servers? It would have the same effect...

If people can pass between servers, they would only try and cause trouble to established order on that particular server... And the economies would all be fucked...

stebedford
13-04-04, 03:34
Nah, never gonna happen, thats just an easy way for people to jump server if they dont like 1. The way i see it is, youve picked your server so live with it or start again somewhere else

amfest
13-04-04, 03:47
this is neocron not sliders :p

It'd never happen so people can keep on saying server x pwns server y for eternaity

Shadow Dancer
13-04-04, 03:55
This should be in the form of a spell.

The spell causes a dimensional gate to open up, allowing travel to other servers. It should be a PPU spell.

petek480
13-04-04, 03:56
I think it would be impossible, well not impossible but very hard to do. Just think of all the characters losts to it.

Scikar
13-04-04, 10:15
This should be in the form of a spell.

The spell causes a dimensional gate to open up, allowing travel to other servers. It should be a PPU spell.
/Me imagines being just about to kill a PPU but he teleports to Uranus for safety...

Heavyporker
13-04-04, 10:33
pfeh, set portal spell to 0.0001 rof per min.

Scikar
13-04-04, 10:39
It was more of a joke. Firstly, this is never going to be in the game. Second, if it is, it'll need 800 mana to cast.

Archeus
13-04-04, 10:41
let the person go through but not their items. Then when they pass through the portal it makes the server they were on erase all known record of them (so they loose all their stuff on that server).

Heavyporker
13-04-04, 10:43
hey... make it a group spell.

Needs 6 monks, all with same spell, can't move or talk, 2 APUs to "tear" hole in reality, 4 PPUs to "heal" and stabilize portal.

There, total mana pool exceeds 800, slowassed RoF, etc.

-btw, not like I ACTUALLY like the idea. I'm just giving some outling of how the idea would work, Shadow Dancer's I mean.

enigma_b17
13-04-04, 10:44
aye aslong as it cant be runcasted and takes a minute or 2 to cast there shouldnt be a big issue :P

Archeus
13-04-04, 10:45
hey... make it a group spell.

Needs 6 monks, all with same spell, can't move or talk, 2 APUs to "tear" hole in reality, 4 PPUs to "heal" and stabilize portal.

There, total mana pool exceeds 800, slowassed RoF, etc.

-btw, not like I ACTUALLY like the idea. I'm just giving some outling of how the idea would work, Shadow Dancer's I mean.

And that only sends one person through. While they do that everyone is allowed kill them and the server reports where they are.

athon
13-04-04, 11:32
If you did this, you might as well merge the servers. I think NC would be far better with just 1 server anyway - and labelling the servers to be for particular languages was the worst idea ever. Sure label them by location, but labelling them by languages just encourages, erm - for lack of a better word, racism.

tho I do think you'd need to make the world bigger and add some more ops if servers were to merge, but this wouldn't be hard, just add more map sectors with the storyline saying that the radioation in more sectors around the wastelands has reached safe levels.

*begins to imagine what's beyond the fences*

Athon Solo

Shadow Dancer
13-04-04, 15:05
Wait a second, Archeus and Porker's idea is not so bad.

Losing all your money/items to go to hop servers. Hrmm, might not be a bad idea. But I think it should be all your items in your inventory, apts, and gogo, and all your cash. I think your installed imps should stay in however, as well as whatever is in your safeslot.

I also kind of like the idea of needing multiple monks to cast the spell. But I would say 3 tops. And only 1 person can go through the portal at a time. And it has slowass rof.

J. Folsom
13-04-04, 16:03
Persoanlly, I think that if any server switching option get's implemented, it should cost all your items, money, stats and skills, which get replaced with the same things as they would be for a new character!

Or... Wait... We already have that, don't we?:p