PDA

View Full Version : Evil scar (sick piccy)

Lexxuk
12-04-04, 17:30
This is the end result of my lung drains...

http://www.dgwebb.force9.co.uk/scar1.jpg

sick isnt it :lol: :lol:

I had a tube going thru there, thru my ribs, and that one went down thru my ribcage to the bottom. Yummy stuff :D

Possessed
12-04-04, 17:32
This is almost as bad as when eggs posted a pic of his in grown toe nail....

MrChumble
12-04-04, 17:38
Looks 'orrible 8|

How are you doing now? Recovering well?

Lexxuk
12-04-04, 17:39
Surprisingly yes, still feeling a bit of pulling on that scar, but the pain seems to have gone, so I'm pretty happy. Though I still do have painful moments, I'm not chucking down pain killers like there is no tomorrow.

Tickles
12-04-04, 17:44
why did i look at this.... jst ewwwww

Lexxuk
12-04-04, 17:56
why did i look at this.... jst ewwwww

pfft, u got to see me semi naked!! and without payin this time :p

Mingerroo
12-04-04, 18:06
Pop a couple of medkits and you'll be at full health in no time :) I hear those operations got a huge nerf recently so the Synaptic Impairment must be quite bad :D

Get well soon, then take a pic of the same place to compare the two pics :D

Steve

Lexxuk
12-04-04, 18:10
Before:

http://www.dgwebb.force9.co.uk/1.jpg

After:

It didnt get nerfed, they did a procedure before the morphine could kick in, i've never screamed in agony before then, was drinking morphine like there was no tomorrow, which, unfortunatly, there was, so then I was taking pills to stop me throwing up :D

MrChumble
12-04-04, 18:21
What was the initial problem that needed surgery? Is that everything sorted out or is there some follow-up work needed? I think I missed the first chapter in this saga :)

Possessed
12-04-04, 18:53
He needed like a layer of his lung scraped away or something because there was a hole in it and they keeped on collapsing or something like that. Lexxy also has to get the other lung done soon :(

Tickles
12-04-04, 18:59
eww eww eww, why did i come back!! ewwwwww

Tickles
12-04-04, 18:59
He needed like a layer of his lung scraped away or something because there was a hole in it and they keeped on collapsing or something like that. Lexxy also has to get the other lung done soon :(

oops bt i do feel sorry for u. Get well soooooon

Lexxuk
12-04-04, 19:03
Well...

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, there was a cute, sweet, handsome young man, just a common farmer who wo.. ohh, wrong story :D

About a year ago (during Beta 4), I was working at the YMCA, when I got severe chest/arm pains, went to the doc, he thought it was a lung infection. A week later, I'm sent for X-Rays, turns out my lung had collapsed slightly.

A while later (about Oct last year), I'm playing Neocron, and my chest goes all funny. I'm like "wtf?" so light up a ciggie to make me feel better. Then I go downstairs to get a drink of water, and figure out I can hardly breathe.

Quick call to 999, and the ambulance comes, they take me to hospital, another X-Ray, doc tells me that my lung had completely collapsed, had gone from the normal size of my chest, to the size of a fist. So, he cuts me open, and shoved in a pipe, I swore at him a lot, cause it hurt. 8 days later they let me out.

Over the next few months, my other lung (left one) has minor collapses, one which see's my doc saying "ok, go to hospital, get an x-ray" which I didnt want to do, but I go anyhow. They stick me in casualty, and bastards keep me in hospital overnight. Then the ball starts rolling for the operation, apparently they had forgot about me.

Anyhow, a few weeks ago, I go into hospital for the operation. Next day in the morning, they give me some drugs to take, tell me the previous operation had complications so I'm not having my op at the time I was expected, so I went back to sleep, like you do when your facing lung surgery.

Eventually they come and get me, take me down to recovery, stick a massive needle into the vein near my wrist. Then they stick some drugs in thru the needle, gas mask on me, and a few seconds later, I wake up, operation over (seriously, I never knew I'd been knocked out), was actually 1 hour 14 minutes later that I woke up.

They drag me back to high dependancy, which is sort of lower than intensive care, but in an area the nurses can keep an eye on me, and me on them ;) and I look at myself. I have one wire coming from a machine, which is connected to my spine, its an epidural, like they give to chicks having babies, pumping morphine into me all the time :D which sucked, morphine makes me itch like crazy. I also had two pipes stuck in my chest, connected to two drains, which are like buckets, they were full of stuff, water, air, gunk, my blood, and were totally red, was sick :(

Then I said to the nurse "i feel sick" so they ran around to get me one of them grey sick things, and i threw up, twice, so they shoved anti sick pills into the needle in my arm (was still there). That was fun :lol:

Over the next 6 days, I got forced to exercise on a bike, one of them ones where the wheels have been nicked, but the drains still bubbled from the air being drained from my lungs. They stick me on to the normal ward.

Couple of days later, nurse comes in, sticks a massive needle in my butt, then the other side. 2 minutes later, the doc comes around with a massive needle with white liquid in it, he clamps the pipes, sticks the needle into the pipe hole, and injects liquid talc directly into my lung. Of course, the injections hadnt kicked in yet, so I started to scream, loudly, agony doesnt even cover the pain I was in :( :( :(

Several drinks of morphine, and another injection, and the pain is tollerable. So that night, I'm layin in bed, and I hear a whistling, so I call the nurse over, and she has a listen. Later on, more whistling, I have a leak, between my chest and the pipe, air is escaping, which of course, causes bubbling. She pulls my stitch, seals the wound with some gel patch stuff, and all is well. Hearing yourself breathe from your chest, is a totally strange experience :confused:

On day 9, they remove some stitches, and one of the drains. On day 10, they remove the 2nd one, and let me go home. It was supposed to only take 4 days, took me 10, and, I have to have the other lung done next, my appointment to see the doc, is on my birthday, 21st Next month (May)

And thats the story, my lungs collapse so they got to do it to stop me dying from both collapsing at once :)

/edit - oh ya, forgot bout that kyle, thx.

They had to remove some of my lung, cause an air pocket was forming, they also stapled the blebs (air bubbles), and did something to the pleura, they also scraped away inside my chest to make it bleed, so that my lungs would stick to my chest so be unable to collapse.

Tickles
12-04-04, 19:18
omg i feel soo sorry for u now.... :(
Poor Lex :( :(
i feel so sad...

its not gonna be nice having appointment on ur bday either :(

i guess u jst Dont smoke and u dont get this stuff, bt still u didn't deserve it...
I hope it goes well!

Lexxuk
*sniffle* and u went out to play tennis instead of comforting me *cries*

Oath
Undeniable proof that lexeh sex is > *

Tickles
12-04-04, 19:20
bt i didn't know! u shuda told me beforehand!
we can go hunting now if u want...

Cruzbroker
Sexy.
Get well..

Possessed
I thought you had that interview on your birthday for that job in Japan... oh and stop smoking!!11!1!

{MD}GeistDamnit
Well...

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, there was a cute, sweet, handsome young man, just a common farmer who wo.. ohh, wrong story :D

snip .

dude quit smoking cigs! that's bad almost scared me into quittin :D

MrChumble
12-04-04, 19:21
That sounds deeply inpleasant :(

When I was 19 I'd been suffering really serious stomach pains for a few months. Being a total idiot I didn't go to the doctor, just popped some painkillers. Luckily (really really luckily) the uni broke up and I went home to see my parents over christmas. My mum took one look at me and dragged me to the doctor, who sent me to hospital immediately. Apparently my appendix was in the process of bursting while they operated to take it out that night. One day later and I'd have been dead most likely. Oops :o

The only fun part was the anesthetic. "Count to 10 please"..."1...2...zzzzz". I didn't know quite how close a shave it was until I woke up.

Collapsed lung(s) sounds far more icky, without meaning to be rude, rather you than me :D

{MD}GeistDamnit
12-04-04, 19:23
That sounds deeply inpleasant :(

When I was 19 I'd been suffering really serious stomach pains for a few months. Being a total idiot I didn't go to the doctor, just popped some painkillers. Luckily (really really luckily) the uni broke up and I went home to see my parents over christmas. My mum took one look at me and dragged me to the doctor, who sent me to hospital immediately. Apparently my appendix was in the process of bursting while they operated to take it out that night. One day later and I'd have been dead most likely. Oops :o

The only fun part was the anesthetic. "Count to 10 please"..."1...2...zzzzz". I didn't know quite how close a shave it was until I woke up.

Collapsed lung(s) sounds far more icky, without meaning to be rude, rather you than me :D

dude god bless your mom, she saved your ass :)

Lexxuk
12-04-04, 19:24
dude quit smoking cigs! that's bad almost scared me into quittin :D

Oh Oh, in hospital, they have a smoking room, so I unplug myself from the pipes on the wall that are connected to my drains, and take a walk to the smoking room. I sit down, two pipes coming out of my chest, drains red from the blood, and in a room full of smokers, I'm like "ohh, this is just from smoking" and spark up a ciggie. They wouldnt let me out of the ward after that :(

{MD}GeistDamnit
12-04-04, 19:29
Oh Oh, in hospital, they have a smoking room, so I unplug myself from the pipes on the wall that are connected to my drains, and take a walk to the smoking room. I sit down, two pipes coming out of my chest, drains red from the blood, and in a room full of smokers, I'm like "ohh, this is just from smoking" and spark up a ciggie. They wouldnt let me out of the ward after that :(

in all honesty it is the worst habbit in the world. I try to quit every day I wake up and go about 30 min without one then I crack.....wierd cause once I quit for a year, cold turkey no patches and crap. And thinking "they will cure cancer by the time I'm old" aint a good outlook trust me I used to think that :D

Darth Slayer
12-04-04, 19:33
Thanks for sharing Lexx, No really Thanks....... :eek:
I was looking forward to my dinner, now I think I'll go and lay down for a while and try and forget those pictures.... :lol:
Glad to see your getting better.

Lexxuk
12-04-04, 19:33
Oh, I'm going to quit, next time I go into hospital, I get forced into cold turkey, but they give you patches, so I'm going to accept them this time (10 days with 1 ciggie = good way to quit) and then, stick with stopping.

StryfeX
12-04-04, 19:40
<Lots of highly unpleasent things.>Umm...ow. o_O That has seriously got to suck. Get well soon. And stop smoking of course. ;)

--Stryfe

jernau
12-04-04, 19:40
Glad to see you're out at last Lexx (even if only briefly).

I take it the piccies are of your back? What's the thing in the "before" one?

LOL at the smoking room part:lol: .

Kenjuten
12-04-04, 19:41
Though the rest of this thread made me go :( this post made me go :lol:..

I think you did a good thing; even if you can't stop yourself from smoking, at least you sent a message to others.

Lexxuk
12-04-04, 19:43
Glad to see you're out at last Lexx (even if only briefly).

I take it the piccies are of your back? What's the thing in the "before" one?

LOL at the smoking room part:lol: .

The pictures are of my side, I have one hole under my arm, one just behind it, so kind of on my back. The before one, is the stitches in the big scar hole thing. When they got taken out, the wound opened up, so I've had a huge patch stuck on them :D

Drake6k
12-04-04, 22:39
I hate you.

n3m
12-04-04, 22:52
you need a tan :p

get well soon

G.0.D.
12-04-04, 23:04
Omg I Worked At The Ymca During Beta 4 Aswell!!!
8|

jernau
12-04-04, 23:42
Omg I Worked At The Ymca During Beta 4 Aswell!!!
8|
**tries to think of a comment that won't earn me a nid-slap**

Drake6k
13-04-04, 00:00
Why did the cat pic thread get closed again?

Ether230
13-04-04, 00:31
I feel for you mate. I had a perforated ulcer about a year ago which the surgeons thought was appendicitis o_O . 12 hours later I've been opened up from breastbone to navel had an appendectomy and 18 inches of drain tube shoved into my abdomen through an incision in my side so I know how you feel ;) Hope your feeling better and give up dem ciggies they aint good for yah :)

Stay healthy.

Ether230

Houston
13-04-04, 00:37
Omfg Man Gross 8|

Lexxuk
13-04-04, 01:46
you need a tan :p

get well soon

Pfft, I got so much radiation from x-rays, the added stuff from the sun would make me glow bright orange :p

@ Ether230 - ouch :(

Ether230
13-04-04, 02:00
My stay in the hospital wasn't all bad Lexx ;)

I had four days on a self administered morphine drip :D

I could give myself a shot of morphine every 5 minutes :lol:

Lexxuk
13-04-04, 02:09
I really dont like morphine, the oral morph ended up getting me high, with the nurse looking at my pupils a lot, then making me sick the day after :(

I remember the first time in hospital, the nurse mentioned he'd watched an op, where they went in to find out what was wrong, and were like, moving his bits out of the way. He woke up and was like "ouch, i hurt" I woke up and was in no pain.

Mind you, cause I couldnt stand the itching from the morphine in the epidural, i got them to turn it down, went down about 50%, but i spent one whole night with my drains bubbling away merrily, woke up in agony, so they whacked it back up to "no pain". The nurse (my fav one, she's sweet) changing my bandaging kept saying sorry when she pulled the sticky bits, i was like "i feel no pain, this is some good shit!" hehehe :D

Cytaur
13-04-04, 02:29
you people dont want to see my appendix scar.... its not sick though :D

Lexxuk
13-04-04, 02:32
you people dont want to see my appendix scar.... its not sick though :D

/me - is glad you didnt offer to show your circumcision scars 8| 8| :lol: :lol: :lol: :angel:

Q`alooaith
13-04-04, 02:44
You don't have to worry about waking up during the operations, you should be more worryed about them thinking your out cold when you wide awake and can feel everything but can't move at all (they drug you so you don't move about while operating, and also an anesthetic to knock you out cold)... Now in the UK it is very very rare since anitheseologists are fullyed trained...

But in the US, it's still rare, but, well just google it to see..

I had my apendix out once, the operation was delayed three time's, and after the op they said another hour and it would have burst... which is very very bad..

(intensive care, chance of toppling off the mortal coil)..

Hope you heal nicely lexxuk, and the scar fades to nothingness soon.

Cytaur
13-04-04, 02:53
/me - is glad you didnt offer to show your circumcision scars 8| 8| :lol: :lol: :lol: :angel:

harr ! I don't have any ! I'm not of jewish faith to be circumsized o_O

Lexxuk
13-04-04, 03:00
Unfortunatly, the scar will be there for life, I have a little round one from the first time my lung collapsed :( I've yet to have my appendix removed though.

That being awake thing, its my worst fear. They insert massive amounts of relaxant, so you cant move, and you cant say "hey, i'm awake here" curare or something they used to use (south american poison from darts). There was one doctor, who would use just that on children, thinking it also had anesthetic properties, when it didnt, really sick when you think about it :(

@ Possessed - Kyle, go to bed f00 :p

Neocrons_coward
13-04-04, 11:19
This is the end result of my lung drains...

sick isnt it :lol: :lol:

I had a tube going thru there, thru my ribs, and that one went down thru my ribcage to the bottom. Yummy stuff :D

hehe suprisingly i didnt vomit but hey if i can find the photo of my leg after i was hit by a car i could always put that on this site hehe.... That would define the word rotten lol.. or highly gorey lets be ill...

Original monk
13-04-04, 11:30
like i said before, it looks nice lexxuk, lungs and such are very vulnerable .. so im happy for you that you didnt get a bad infection on that wound. it could of been much worse :/

but im glad for you that the pain allready is alot less :) and its smart of you to not take painkillers by the dozen ... they will make ya feel even sicker at the end anyway :)

alot of extra luck with youre revalidation, keep em clean ok :) them wounds :)

Lexxuk
13-04-04, 14:35
Whilst I was in hospital, they were giving me antibiotics to make sure I didnt get an infection, they also made me wear weird white socks to prevent DVT, and a injection in my stomach every day. Nurses hated that cause I have like, no fat so they couldnt grab my stomach to inject me :D

RuButt
13-04-04, 20:06
Before:

http://www.dgwebb.force9.co.uk/1.jpg

umm, is that your nipple? and why do you have it like... well, like that? 8|

Lexxuk
13-04-04, 21:05
umm, is that your nipple? and why do you have it like... well, like that? 8|

fraid its not my nipple no, but if you pay me 5 dollar, i show you nipple :p

RuButt
13-04-04, 21:16
fraid its not my nipple no, but if you pay me 5 dollar, i show you nipple :p

naah, im quite satisfied with my own man boobies - and who stops me from peaking in the gym showers? ;) :cool: :p

BlackwooD
13-04-04, 21:44
Hey! I have a scar just like that one from the same operation. Can I join the club too :D . Only happened to meh once and your story > mine. So erm, having said that........ I guess i'll go over here for awhile. Get better ;)

Lexxuk
13-04-04, 21:45
how bad does the scaring end up after its fully healed?

BlackwooD
13-04-04, 21:49
well its been about erm . damn 9.5 years ago. If you didnt know it was there you wouldnt see it.