PDA

View Full Version : Neocron withdrawal, advice needed!

MrChumble
12-04-04, 15:33
I've just had some terrible, awful news. Not sure how I'm going to cope at all. I got a job :(

This means I won't be able to camp neocron 24/7 being a Class A whiny forum h0. I will have to go to bed before most of the Americans come online. I'll have to get up in the morning 8|

Obviously I won't be quiting neocron, but are there any withdrawal affects I should be aware of? Will I go cold turkey?

(I'm not sure if this counts as a spam/leaving thread or whatever. I'm sure the mods can judge. Then I'll bitch at them in PM for closing my thread ;) ).

Mingerroo
12-04-04, 15:42
Get a dog. Call him carebear, beat him regularly (disclaimer: this is not for real, anyone caught actually carrying this out is liable for arrest and prosecution :p). It will seem like it isn't actually helping you much, but in fact you are escaping the horrible side effect of not beating down lesser creatures that whine, daily.

Steve

P.S. I love dogs really :)

steweygrrr
12-04-04, 15:44
I've just had some terrible, awful news. Not sure how I'm going to cope at all. I got a job :(

This means I won't be able to camp neocron 24/7 being a Class A whiny forum h0. I will have to go to bed before most of the Americans come online. I'll have to get up in the morning 8|

Obviously I won't be quiting neocron, but are there any withdrawal affects I should be aware of? Will I go cold turkey?

(I'm not sure if this counts as a spam/leaving thread or whatever. I'm sure the mods can judge. Then I'll bitch at them in PM for closing my thread ;) ).

DEAR GOD MAN!!!!
I perscribe 10 pints to clear this 'Work' thing from your system and come back in a week.

Kal
12-04-04, 15:47
dont worry, the happiness that actually having money brings will cancel out the sadness from not having neocron

Barak
12-04-04, 16:19
lies bumble - if you have a job im shagging squirrels mom... o_O

It's hard to belive NC's lazyist bastard had a job...

MrChumble
12-04-04, 16:32
lies bumble - if you have a job im shagging squirrels mom... o_O

It's hard to belive NC's lazyist bastard had a job...

Squirrel says could you keep the noise down tonight :D

I'm as shocked as anyone else. How am I meant to cap 4 chars when I have to waste time working :(

Barak
12-04-04, 17:10
[ edited ]

MrChumble
12-04-04, 17:24
[ edited for consistancy]

Ahem. MacDs? Pfft. I'd never sink so low :p

In an attempt to give this thread some purpose, how much neocron does everyone play each day? I vary between 2 hours and 16 hours O_o

Usually 5 or 6 hours, cos frankly I've nowt better to do with my time (I can't be learning new stuff all day, my brain isn't as fast as it used to be). Is that a lot, or do others play similar amounts?

Kal
12-04-04, 17:28
myself maybe an hour or 2 maximum nowadays, sometimes more if im lomming or something but then i'll only be around every 5 minutes or so :rolleyes:

moshter
13-04-04, 07:42
i had 2 get a job to.!.it sux but mines only one day a week:)good luck im on like 16 hrs a day and refuse family events due to the time wasted away from the game.when i do HAVE to go somwhere like the bathroom i do feel the withdrawls kicking my ass and getting the shakes. ooohh but by the way congrats on the new job!

subsys
13-04-04, 07:56
anywhere from 5 to 36 hours in solid lumps (i dont keep track of days anymore)

the worst thing about cutting down on nc time is the dreams, you wake up thinking your in plaza 1 :) i sware one day im actually gonna wake up in a small plaza apartment roll of the rec unit and not even notice the change.

in reality you will find your desire for nc slowly dropping untill you no longer feel the need to play (thats what happened when i got a real job for a while) but as soon as you come back for a few hours your suddenly on all night and dont notice, then the addiction starts again.

kbmg
13-04-04, 10:56
yes i had this issue before when net was down before and my husband regularly "works". here are some suggestions you can do while you work some may or may not work depending on your job:
on breaks:
read forums
work on a neocron web page.
surf for neocron news
play sin radio
try to get coworkers into neocron so you can talk
about neocron over water cooler.
During work:
mentally calculate skills.
Pretend you are
salvaging/constructing/poking/hacking/recycling ect....
Imagine what DOY will be like.
plan your next Op taking strategy.
plan on that new computer you will buy with all that new found cash.

El_MUERkO
13-04-04, 11:11
If you work at a computer download ghostzilla and pause work every ten minutes to check the forums.

MrChumble
13-04-04, 12:04
There's no internet access where I'm going to work 8|

At least...not until I get friendly with my manager and justify it solid financial and productivity grounds, ie not "I neeeeeeed the neocron forums!" although we all know thats the real reason :D