PDA

View Full Version : Sniping Techniques and Game Configuration (need help)

Birdman[H.E.]
12-04-04, 08:15
I came back to spy a week ago, since beta 4, where i used scoped for testing.

Well the snipers rifle scopes are the same shit, even when you can see something at long distance at some point you cant target it.

This happen mostly and can be tested with wb, where you actually see em and cant target couse of the long range.

There is some workarround this? maybe some configuration y have to change in neocron.

Also how to make objects to blur at longer distances that they do.

Thanks for the help

Freaky Fryd
12-04-04, 08:39
I wish...
:(there might exist one, but I haven't found it yet...
I'm looking forward to a positive answer on this though
(that being, "yes! here's how:")

kurai
12-04-04, 10:28
I wish...
:(there might exist one, but I haven't found it yet...
I'm looking forward to a positive answer on this though
(that being, "yes! here's how:")Sadly there isn't.

Even with the (supposedly) 3km range of the Silent Hunter there's still a point, in clear weather conditions, where you can see a target close to clipping plane limit, but not get reticle lock until you move a little closer.

Cruzbroker
12-04-04, 19:40
']
Also how to make objects to blur at longer distances that they do.

Enable Object Blend works the same way as Enable Fog Distance.

Eddie
12-04-04, 19:50
Enable Object Blend works the same way as Enable Fog Distance.

But it's rather pants: it can sometimes cause you not to see objects that are right in front of you.

Usually.. they're of the big-hard-evil-mob-hellbent-on-world-domination kind.

Eddie

Birdman[H.E.]
12-04-04, 19:54
Well what i discovered after exploring a bit is, Put em both to the max, but dont enable force object blend, or you wont see your feet.

Im trying to modify some ini setting or something to check if i got better results, so far i can tell you DONT TURN FORCE SETTINGS ON.

StryfeX
12-04-04, 22:25
The most "sniping" you can do in the game currently is at about 600m. Much beyond that and you won't be able to target anything. To get the max distance, turn force fog off.

Also, DON'T SNIPE FROM ZONE EDGES. I can't stress this enough. The engine enduces forced fog at the zone edges and you can't see much beyond 200m in places. So if someone else is near the zone border but you are not, chances are that they won't see you, even if you can see them clearly. Use this fact to your advantage.

Since KK put in those goofy little shadow-people type sprites that replace the full avatar at long range, it's pretty easy to spot someone who is around the full 600m away. Therefore, it's usually in your best interest to stay about 500m away. Long enough to make yourself hard to spot, but not far enough (most of the time, depends on what the intended victim's settings are) to turn into a shadow and be easily spotted.

Stealth tools are your friends. Use them.

If a PPU is around, don't even bother trying to snipe.

--Stryfe

Omnituens
12-04-04, 23:52
cant wait for camo pa + a fix for sniper rifle bullet speed

you cant see me AND you cant run faster than my bullet ^_^

i think the clipping distance is about 550m, so thats a bitch

i didnt know about the zone line thing though, but i dont usually snipe there anyway.

StryfeX
13-04-04, 00:59
a fix for sniper rifle bullet speedYeah, forgot about that one... I think that's simply something leftover from when KK originally made the sniper rifles and they were basically a modified Street Rifle. Why they didn't just make a new weapon from scratch I don't know...

--Stryfe

Freaky Fryd
13-04-04, 00:59
If a PPU is around, don't even bother trying to snipe.

Correction:
If a PPU is around, snipe quick, carefully and be lethal!

I've dropped 2 APUs standing right beside a PPU before...damn that's satisfying...
;)
Watching a PPU suddenly realize they're dead, and start looking around in a panic...

StryfeX
13-04-04, 01:01
Correction:
If a PPU is around, snipe quick, carefully and be lethal!

I've dropped 2 APUs standing right beside a PPU before...damn that's satisfying...
;)
Watching a PPU suddenly realize they're dead, and start looking around in a panic...o_O Dayam. PPU must've either been stupid or asleep. o_O

--Stryfe

Freaky Fryd
13-04-04, 01:15
It doesn't happen often...and usually they're catch it just in time, but sometimes they catch it just too late...
;)

Omnituens
13-04-04, 01:22
aim for the legs - you can just see the poor APUs blubbing as they crawl to try and hide :p

StryfeX
13-04-04, 01:35
aim for the legs - you can just see the poor APUs blubbing as they crawl to try and hide :plol :lol: So wrong. But yet... it feels so right. :D

--Stryfe

Judge
13-04-04, 02:07
Bah, they're monks. They deserve it. :p

Damn monks.... grrr...

Organics
13-04-04, 02:13
o_O Dayam. PPU must've either been stupid or asleep. o_O

--Stryfe

Or perhaps they were a victim of the "Onoz! My HP is dropping, but I can't see it / don't notice it in time because there's no sign of visible damage" factor.

:D