PDA

View Full Version : Art of taking drugs (need help)

Birdman[H.E.]
12-04-04, 08:05
What could be the possible viable permanent drug setup without having crashes

Assuming you have the 5 min drugs, and the 10 min drugs.

Could you take 2 of em or 3, couse i couldnt find the way to live k with crashes with more than 1, mm and i need 2.

Maybe there is a timing to take count in or something.

t0tt3
12-04-04, 11:31
? Crash eeh what never happend to me [no really]

You should try to reinstall NC because thats the first time I ever seen someone crash because taking pills [in-game]

n3m
12-04-04, 12:02
I think he means drug flashes

Rade
12-04-04, 12:12
From the looks of your posts youre a spy and I guess you want to use inq-1
armor. You should be able to do that with beast+moveon+strength booster 2.
Thats a pretty nice deal since beast lasts long, has a nice runspeed boost
and you wont have a problem dealing with the flashes. Stealthing builds up
drugflash as well so when you combine stealthing and drugs wearing off you
might get nastier flashes, so be careful with that. Once you starting taking
antidrugs as well as stealthing and beast it quickly becomes a mess.

Birdman[H.E.]
12-04-04, 12:20
my only problem with beast is the WL loss, mmm gotta see what i can do with that

Rade
12-04-04, 12:23
']my only problem with beast is the WL loss, mmm gotta see what i can do with that

Its definately worth the -20 WL to move up from x-strong to beast, +25 agl
and 10 min duration is yummy.

t0tt3
12-04-04, 13:32
I think he means drug flashes

Flash and crash is like this far apart
|-----------------------------------------------------| :rolleyes:

Clownst0pper
12-04-04, 14:05
On my PE I take one RedFlash as standard, If you take another drug, just as the first is running out, and u can see the bar getting smaller, You wont ever get drug flash, and I havnt once yet and its been about 4 weeks..

On other classes just do the same, and you shouldnt get any problems.

Although, if u take all ur drugs, then relog, gaurentee's no haze :eek: :cool:

Valkyrie
12-04-04, 14:09
From the looks of your posts youre a spy and I guess you want to use inq-1
armor. You should be able to do that with beast+moveon+strength booster 2.
Thats a pretty nice deal since beast lasts long, has a nice runspeed boost
and you wont have a problem dealing with the flashes. Stealthing builds up
drugflash as well so when you combine stealthing and drugs wearing off you
might get nastier flashes, so be careful with that. Once you starting taking
antidrugs as well as stealthing and beast it quickly becomes a mess.

Dont forget most people using this setup will also be drugging to use shelter. It is possible to use Inq 1 without drugs but it gimps you.

jernau
12-04-04, 14:48
Flash and crash is like this far apart
|-----------------------------------------------------| :rolleyes:
Coming down off a drug high IRL is sometimes called "crashing". I assume that's what he's referring to.

Kenjuten
12-04-04, 18:30
If this information helps any..

This is a good thing to do when you have only one drug:

Keep an internal clock in your head or pay close attention to the duration bars.

Once the drug duration starts ticking down, quickly take the same drug again.

No drugflash will occur and you pretty much restart the timer.

Your only real problem in this situation I think is that once you're finally done doing this, all your drugflashes you should have gotten will stack up...at least, this is what I'm led to believe during brief tests. I haven't done any long-time testings yet.

P.S.: This can also work with multiple 'standard' drugs, but more skill is required to micromanage this, especially during batte.

alig
12-04-04, 18:36
On my pistol pe i take 3 drugs, beast, redflash and dest forte....two 10 minute drugs which is sweet and one 5 minute drug...i cant remember the last time i got a drug flash badly because of an exploit and i dont normally stay on long enough for it to happen...i thinm with 3 drugs its about 3 doses of each maybe 4 then i get a drug flash.

As for the stealthing thing....how do you know that? :confused: i never stealth...well very rarely so i have never noticed but id still like some proove please. :p

Edit/ Also line up your drugs in a _permanent_ order in your inventory, causes less confusion and helps alot, well for me at least.

t0tt3
12-04-04, 19:00
Your only real problem in this situation I think is that once you're finally done doing this, all your drugflashes you should have gotten will stack up...at least, this is what I'm led to believe during brief tests. I haven't done any long-time testings yet.

P.S.: This can also work with multiple 'standard' drugs, but more skill is required to micromanage this, especially during batte.

Yes it stacks so you can take about 3 - 4 before the timer resets on blur "dizzy thing" So after the 4th you need to take a rest but that is 40 min or so :p

zii
12-04-04, 21:32
Can someone explain why after taking three anti poison potions I can't take anymore.

What happens is: I take the drug. Its effect wears off and I get a drug flash.

I take the second same drug. The drug flash disappears. Its effect wears off and I get a drug flash.

I take the third and no intoxication appears in the right and the drug flash gets worse.

I take the forth drug and the same happens, worse drug flash.

So whats the point, espically if you want to do the swamp caves, you can only take approx. a max of three anti-poison pills afore you can't take anymore.

Or, should I take the drugs each time afore the intoxication timer has run out , as someone suggested earlier?
Or am I using the drugs incorrectly?

Birdman[H.E.]
12-04-04, 23:53
I tried to take 2 drugs

Redflash (10min duration)
Xstrong (5 min duration)

The problem is this.

i take redflash, and xstrong, then 5 min later y take xstrong again, then wait for redflash to go off, and take it again, problem is when after 10-11 mins i take xstrong again, then igot a serious drug effect.

what im doing wrong?

jernau
13-04-04, 00:15
I find it's best to retrieve the next beer from the fridge before you finish the current one to avoid being without beer.

Kenjuten
13-04-04, 04:50
lol Jernau

that only helps minimally though...as cited in a response to my earlier post.

Seems sooner or later the hangover happens, no matter what you do.

Q`alooaith
13-04-04, 04:56
It's better to use two diffrent drug's..

You want X-strong and beast..

Load up with a lot of them, take a beast, when it's about to run out pop an X-strong, you'll be bouncing your str by 1 point every time you switch but get no drugflash from switch uses..

I also noted somthing while testing out long term drug abuse and use, if your stanima is realy low when the final drug wear's off you somtime's don't get the flash, somtimes you only get half a flash.. pretty weird..

Redflash whiteflash switching also work's..

As long as your not using two drug's at once, or useing the same drug time after time you should not get and flash.. as long as you keep high..

Rade
13-04-04, 11:27
Once upon a time I used to be one three drugs, paratemol forte, destrosol
forte and whiteflash. Three 5 min drugs hence, and then use psi shield and
heat 1 instead of resist 2, then have the QB full with psi boosters as well as
the usual anti drugs, stealth etc. Juggling all this was by far the hardest
thing I ever did. Only had one or two succesful operations outside of duels
with it, the rest of the time drugflashes, inventory swapping and the total
mess that was all the stuff in my QB and having three 2 min spells etc bit me
in the ass and I turned out doing worse than without all this nifty shit. Altho
the times when I did manage and time it all correctly and nothing started
wearing off in a fatal moment then it was exceptionally good, the defencive
capabilities were out of this world.

Now, is there a point to this you ask? Yeah, dont overdo things like this, you
will end up only viable in duels, and who cares about duels compared to the
real deal?

Kenjuten
13-04-04, 18:09
To put it in retrospect, duels could, COULD, be very good practice.

Those determined enough to perfect the art you speak of.....well. Maybe.

alig
13-04-04, 19:08
I use dest forte, redflash and beast on both my pe's......the dest forte is to cast a 10 min buff on...the other two drugs last 10mins..im totally in synch everytime and i rarely get drug flashes and if i see my boosts wearing then i go anyway because most people cant use their gun without their combat boost on so use dearer drugs and time it, you cant go wrong...well i have never got a drug flash during pvp and in 10mins i can do a whole lotter shit to people. :D

Edit/ oh sorry, i sometimes risk getting a drug flash during pvp, the dest forte wears after 5 mins but it doesnt cause much hazeyness and i can still aim with that drug flash on my screen fine.

Kenjuten
13-04-04, 19:23
What level of drugflash causes your feet to start moving erratically when you're running/walking?