PDA

View Full Version : How to hunt the spirit mod?

Birdman[H.E.]
12-04-04, 06:20
Yes anybody have some info on the Moob that you have to kill, and where to find him (unless it haves worldspawn)

Thanks a lot

amfest
12-04-04, 06:23
as far as I know it was a GM running around sniping people and you had to kill him to receive it or the ammo I think. Basically he would drop the mod out of his INV before he died or something like that. I don't believe they are running around doing that anymore so you'll have to wait. I dont' think there is any ammo left either for it.

Archeus
12-04-04, 08:09
The ammo cannot be recycled/researched.

They should put them in hack boxes only with a low respawn rate.

kurai
12-04-04, 10:42
Wish the GM would start up again.

I had a break of a couple of weeks due to work commitments and managed totally miss the opportunity :(

Clownst0pper
12-04-04, 13:58
-pro- has a spirit mod, but no ammo :confused:

So really it is just gathering dust in our apartment, We bought it for 15million I think. Cheap really :p

Bl@zed
12-04-04, 17:47
dude....clown...WTF is up with those cats...i keep staring at them for long periods of time! :wtf:

Heavyporker
12-04-04, 18:50
Well.. maybe the spirit ammo should be clonable at TL 120-130 and cost 11 large hydraulics or entrails for one clip of spirit ammo. Give those poor tradeskillers a chance!

I agree about making ammo boxes spawn spirit ammo, say, about a 0.001 chance of spawning.

Eddie
12-04-04, 18:56
Well.. maybe the spirit ammo should be clonable at TL 120-130 and cost 11 large hydraulics or entrails for one clip of spirit ammo. Give those poor tradeskillers a chance!

I agree about making ammo boxes spawn spirit ammo, say, about a 0.001 chance of spawning.

I agree.. it's the mods that should be truly rare: ammo can be pretty common if need be - they're useless without the mods, and if you have spent the time/effort/money/relationship to get one, then you deserve to use it. Not like how it is at the moment: whereby you work you arse off to get it, but cannot use it as there's no ammo.

Sigh.

Eddie

Geth
12-04-04, 18:58
Ah damn, I too missed out on the spirit bullet story, and I wish they would do it again.

dude....clown...WTF is up with those cats...i keep staring at them for long periods of time!
I knew it wasn't just me! Damn those dancing cats, they are driving me nuts! :mad:

HatchetRyda
12-04-04, 19:00
Is that good that your like! OMFG, pwnage him with that holy para, sex his body, hack his belt! Run out of aggies with -15 SL, get PKed by Copbots and then loose your CS, is it worth it like that?

kurai
12-04-04, 19:03
*looks up at HatchetRyda's post*

Err ...

That one just slipped right off the end of the Relevance-To-Anything-In-Particular Meter, and is now in a crumpled heap on the floor.

Can you come and ... dunno ... kick it out the door or something ? It's just messy.

Kenjuten
12-04-04, 19:13
1.) Cops shoot at -32 SL and below.
2.) It is kind of that good, but PPUs whined about it apparently. What it used to do was pass through someone's Shelter & Deflector shields and then do the damage a Silent Hunter should do. Now it just passes through one of the two..though now I forget which one. :D

kurai
12-04-04, 19:17
2.) It is kind of that good, but PPUs whined about it apparently. What it used to do was pass through someone's Shelter & Deflector shields and then do the damage a Silent Hunter should do. Now it just passes through one of the two..though now I forget which one. :DThat was one of the first suggestions mooted by the community (Shadow Dancer or Quantum Delta were first, I think) to boost the Silent Hunter and shift the balance away from PPUocron a bit.

KK originally made the Ammo/Mod strip both shelter & deflector instead, and then it was changed to just strip shelter.

t0tt3
12-04-04, 19:26
spirit mod = ?

kurai
12-04-04, 19:28
spirit mod = ?Ammo mod for Silent Hunter sniper rifle which enabled you to use Spirit Ammo. The shot has somewhat reduced damage but removes shelter from target.

It was introduced in an RPish manner - a GM logged on as a sniper spy (I forget his name) and would run around random sectors sniping people. When he died he'd drop one of the mods and one of the ammo clips.

Only lasted a couple of weeks at most.

Eddie
12-04-04, 19:30
That was one of the first suggestions mooted by the community (Shadow Dancer or Quantum Delta were first, I think) to boost the Silent Hunter and shift the balance away from PPUocron a bit.

KK originally made the Ammo/Mod strip both shelter & deflector instead, and then it was changed to just strip shelter.

But it doesn't actually do as much damage as a (ammo) modded SH would normally do.. does it?
(in fact.. it doesn't do the same damage as a unmodded SH does?
I'm sure I saw a info screenie of someone who had one: with pitiful damage values)

And if it only strips shelter, then you would need to use a modded SH in order to take advantage of it (bearing in mind deflector reduces force/pierce damage)
EDIT: Which is what a unmodded SH does...
Which is pointless, because you can only use one mod or the other. Not both.

I'm not forunate to have one.. but then again.. I 'spose there would be no point in having one as there's no ammo to use.

Enlighten me. Please.

Eddie

Shadow Dancer
12-04-04, 19:34
Is that good that your like! OMFG, pwnage him with that holy para, sex his body, hack his belt! Run out of aggies with -15 SL, get PKed by Copbots and then loose your CS, is it worth it like that?

O_o

That's rediculous imo. Grrrr. Antibuff>sh mod in every way.

I don't understand, if all it does is strip shelter(at abysmal rof) then why is it so rare? If it stripped all 3, and prevented shelter for like 3 seconds, then I could see why it would be rare.

But the wya it is now? 8|

Eddie
12-04-04, 19:36
Hrm.. have I got the wrong end of the stick here?

Does it "dispel" (too much NWN) the target's shelter, much like Antibuff does, or does it bypass it (which is the impression I get) - so that that shot inflicts the same amount of damage as it would have done had the victim not had shelter on. But shots using another ammo mod would be sheltered, as usual.

Hopefully that makes some sense to someone...

Eddie

kurai
12-04-04, 19:37
@Eddie: Although a tad garbled, I think I got the gist ;)

Yep - the damage is reduced - somewhere under half the value for a normal unmodded SH, ISTR.

Since the "solution" entirely fails to address the major issue, that of locational damage caps, I'm assuming it was a workaround dreamt up to make sniper spies feel a bit more useful to a team.

I assume the general idea now is that once you have stripped shelter off you can then start effectively hammering the target with energy weapons, or a phospor/uranium modded SH. (Although you wont see much difference with the 2nd SH - the locational dmg cap problem again).

Either way it means a weapon switch.

Shadow Dancer
12-04-04, 19:38

Does it "dispel" (too much NWN) the target's shelter, much like Antibuff does, or does it bypass it (which is the impression I get) - so that that shot inflicts the same amount of damage as it would have done had the victim not had shelter on. But shots using another ammo mod would be sheltered, as usual.

Eddie

I've never tried it, but I heard it removes and not bypasses. But IMO maybe bypassing the shields would be better.

ALot better actually. hrmmm

I also heard it does 2D6 damage per 10 levels of dex.

j/k :p

kurai
12-04-04, 19:38

EddieIt "dispels" shelter.

Eddie
12-04-04, 19:44
It "dispels" shelter.

Ahh.. gotchya. Now things are starting to make a little more sense.
There's half of my argument gone.

Hrmph.

Unless you (can afford to) carry around two SHs, and switch between them, or have a SH that is double modded, and you manually switch ammo - I still don't see the true usefulness behind this... beside what kurai stated before: that it was cheap workaround to make spies a bit more useful.

As he said, this locational hitbox damage thingy is a big big issue as to why snipers cannot feasibly exist at the moment: but I do take relief in that this problem has been acknowledged.. and something will be done. Soon. I hope. Maybe.

Eddie

kurai
12-04-04, 20:14
As he said, this locational hitbox damage thingy is a big big issue as to why snipers cannot feasibly exist at the moment: but I do take relief in that this problem has been acknowledged.. and something will be done. Soon. I hope. Maybe.Well - looking back on my post history I've been moaning about these issues for 9 months now. :(

In that time ...
The ammo has been changed from multicalc to DoT calc to single instance calc. The swirly got removed. The reticle surround got blacked out. The sane original control system got changed to the current retarded zoom/timing system. The shots between reloads was changed from 3 to 4. New, unusable mod/ammo type introduced.

With the exception of the swirly removal I think someone at KK might benefit from having a Post-It note with "Congratulations ! You've entirely missed the point ! Again ..." nailed to their forehead.

I'm not holding my breath for a more useful general approach any time soon :confused:

Kenjuten
12-04-04, 20:14
Strange, I was told it bypasses Shelter...

My bad. :D

El Barto
12-04-04, 21:28
What happened was, there was a GM that you had to kill, once you killed him he would GR out then spawn the gear next to where he died. I know cos I have killed him, well helped kill him and saw it. Not sure if you can get them any more though, not seen him about since that day.