PDA

View Full Version : LoMs !!

naimex
12-04-04, 02:30
Please do something about loms..

they are annoying as they are..

but when you have to lom a skill to get the 5 skill to lom the other skill..

then it gets REALLY ANNOYING !!

Q`alooaith
12-04-04, 02:33
they are meant to be a timesink to stop people from chop and changing all the time, and you can change your skill's over..

Rember early retail, once you picked a skill you stuck it out..

Or the early lom's, often called lol's because they dropped you a whole level each use..

Would you rather have the old lol's but be able to use them very quickly, or Lom's and take a little time.

Shadow Dancer
12-04-04, 02:36
I have lommed a bajillion times in my NC life, and I can honestly say that the only thing that prevents me from hopping back and forth is the XP loss and not the time.

The SI is just a nuisance.

Eddie
12-04-04, 02:44
I have lommed a bajillion times in my NC life, and I can honestly say that the only thing that prevents me from hopping back and forth is the XP loss and not the time.

The SI is just a nuisance.

I would say it's the time.. the boredom of sitting at your desk clicking a button ever 5 minutes annoys me the most. XP loss I accept as being a penalty - but not time sinks. XP can be gained back again. Time can't. (Well XP loss means time is lost too because you have to regain that lost XP, but it is much more entertaining and rewarding to do than to sit and wait)

I myself remember abusing LoMs early retail: it would often cost a lot less to LoM to barter, buy all the shizzle, LoM to construct, and make a batch of things before LoMing back and still make a profit. Back in the day when LoMs cost 120-something crs :D

OT EDIT: Bah. Shadow.. I was gullibe to try and goto that site under your name to see if it was a piss-take :P
EDIT2: If a mod sees this, can they have a look at why ":P" doesn't turn into the :p (with a lowercase p) smiley?

Eddie

Stigmata
12-04-04, 02:51
loms are shit

and put in this game by KK to take up time so u get bored in less time, er i mean it takes longer to get bored

t0tt3
12-04-04, 02:52
they are meant to be a timesink to stop people from chop and changing all the time, and you can change your skill's over..

Rember early retail, once you picked a skill you stuck it out..

Or the early lom's, often called lol's because they dropped you a whole level each use..

Would you rather have the old lol's but be able to use them very quickly, or Lom's and take a little time.

Omg... you dont get it do you?

If you have barter = 4 and wanna lom it and the INT is capped you need to lom weapon lore so you can put one point into barter so you can lom it away.

Thats not timesink thats is utter shit from KK:s side :mad:

What I can see from Naimex post is that he wants the lom pills to work on things under 5 "like if you do a oops tap on one skill you need to skill it up to 5 to take it away because you cant lom 1 skill point"

Kenjuten
12-04-04, 03:08
When you try to use LoMs on a skill that has less than 5 points in it, the pill will disappear and nothing happens.

There should be a "points < 5" case in the LoM code, but there isn't.

This should be fixed, as naimex is trying to say.

dmon99
12-04-04, 03:26
i just hate the SI from loms take a look at it this way:

1 lom equals SI and exp los thats two time sinks to overcome

we already have to take the time to level back up the exp which in turn can be hazardous to non LE players

it just feels like to harsh a punishment for not getting it right the first time

to have to sit and wait for SI to hit 0% for each pill, then blow off ya friends to say i gotta go lvl back up. most of you know how crucial 1 level can be and how long it would take to get that lvl back and the risks involved of getting it back

all im saying is i wish they would drop the si or maybe just maybe
be able to leave the SI and be able to pop lom after lom and build up SI
so that you could lom your skill and lose exp, but insted of having to wait for SI to hit 0 and pop another lom , you could pop loms continuously untill the skill is set right and the proper exp deducted and you would just have to wait forthe built up 99% SI to go down and then go level the exp back resulting in a much less time consuming task ;)

Kenjuten
12-04-04, 03:32
I'd like for the posters here to keep in mind that this thread is not for everyone to suddenly throw all their bitchery on LoMs into this thread.

At any rate, it is semi-offtopic in the first place...we're here to discuss the oddity of the "less than 5" scenario, not SI.

Sorry if I'm seeming bitchy, but there's other threads to get your cheese & whine at.

Q`alooaith
12-04-04, 03:43
The no loming skill's less than 5 is a hold over from the day's when lom's dropped you a level when used..

It's not nice having to lom twice, but realy if you've put 4 into a skill by misstake you might as well add the other one too, I mean it's silly to try and fix a misstake by making another.

Eddie
12-04-04, 03:58
The no loming skill's less than 5 is a hold over from the day's when lom's dropped you a level when used..

It's not nice having to lom twice, but realy if you've put 4 into a skill by misstake you might as well add the other one too, I mean it's silly to try and fix a misstake by making another.

Well.. sometimes when you're LoMing away an existing skill.. the chances are you won't end up with 5 before your last LoM.

However.. seeing as you're LoMing anyway, you're going to have points free (unless you were desperate enough to put them all into another stat straight away), so this argument is kinda void.

And if you were careless enough to put less than 5 points in a stat that you didn't want to, then you should be punished with losing 10+ minutes of your life :P
(Moral: Be careful :P)

I'm sure there are more pressing issues that need to be dealt with (but aren't there always?) - so I guess you can chuck this onto the ever-growing to-do list. *sigh*

Eddie
Living in hope. One day.

naimex
12-04-04, 04:07
ok lemme put it this way, as people seem to be confused about it..

I had capped str..

all points to hc and 3 to tra

i wanted those 3 to tra to resist force..

but to do that, i had to lom 1x hc then put 2 points into tra, just to lom tra into resist force.

and 1 lom is 800 000 xp in case you didnt notice.

that means to move 3 tra to resist force is = 1.6 mil xp.

then think about CON !!!

last i redid my con it took me 29 hours (for all loms in all skills) with nothing but sit and lom..

lost some 16 mil con xp and a shitload in other stats.

but the point is..

Why has it been restricted that you have to have 5 in a stat to lom it.

Why not just make it work with 1 and 2 and 3 and 4.. why does it have to be 5 !!

Let it take XP as if it removed 5 points..

Let it give SI as if it had removed 5 points..

Just let it bloody work with things that doesnt have 5 points in them !

amfest
12-04-04, 04:15
I will surpress my feelings about LoMs and agree ;)

There are times where you might accidently put that 1 point int he wrong stat because you were just a tad bit careless or the game lags or you might even accidently double click on the details button and end up putting a point where you don't want it (I've accidently done that in INT and put 1 point in barter >_< ). So less it should take the same xp, same time just free up the point(s)