PDA

View Full Version : Can someone clarify my SL problem

johngreen2000
12-04-04, 01:39
Aight so ive gone to -16/-17 sl 100's of times but I had somthing wierd happen last night

i was -16 and some noob started annoying me so I killed him and went to -32 how did i go from -16 to -32 ive never in the 100's of time ive killed people ever gone below -18.

So if im in my apartment and im -32 will my sl eventually go back up?

MrChumble
12-04-04, 01:51
I don't think it goes up naturally on it's own until it's at -30, and then very slowly. You're going to have to do missions.

Could be worse...by clanmate had +30 or so SL, killed a plant in a warzone and went to -33.

Not that there are any bugs in neocron. :angel:

amfest
12-04-04, 01:55
I don't think it goes up naturally on it's own until it's at -30, and then very slowly. You're going to have to do missions.

Could be worse...by clanmate had +30 or so SL, killed a plant in a warzone and went to -33.

Not that there are any bugs in neocron. :angel:
hah, he must of for some reason been bugged and allied with the insect faction :p

yea you're going to have to run a mission to get to at least -30 I believe.

Shadow Dancer
12-04-04, 02:05
Aight so ive gone to -16/-17 sl 100's of times but I had somthing wierd happen last night

i was -16 and some noob started annoying me so I killed him and went to -32 how did i go from -16 to -32 ive never in the 100's of time ive killed people ever gone below -18.

So if im in my apartment and im -32 will my sl eventually go back up?

Was the noob yellow or green to you?

And about -32 SL going up. Yes I think it goes back up very slowly. But if you want to leave your apt before DOY comes out, I suggest you do missions.

Nidhogg
12-04-04, 02:08
some noob started annoying me so I killed him
I'd say your problem originated there somewhere. ;)

N

johngreen2000
12-04-04, 03:01
but are you supposed to go from -16 to -32?

im at -4 kill soemone i got to -8
again kill someone go -8 to like -12
then -12 to -14
then -14 to -17

do missions until postive again
kill somewone -4
again -6
again-10
again-12
again-17

do mission

rince repeat 100's of time

then -2
again-6
again-9
again-16
again -32

that seems odd since ive gone to -17 100's of time and never had it jump -16 points at one time.

t0tt3
12-04-04, 03:07
Just do CST missions or RESS ones outside NC so the CP donw shoot ya :D

ezza
12-04-04, 03:10
im not sure if its ment to but ive had that problem in the past was on -17 had to kill a proto(allied) who was annoying me, expected to go maybe -22to24 but nope, went -32 lol

Shadow Dancer
12-04-04, 03:11
IF you kill a person with a low rank, your SL can really plummet.

ezza
12-04-04, 03:13
hmm never had that problem before -16 ive killed nibs and its just given normal SL drop

johngreen2000
12-04-04, 03:15
it just doesnt make sense i mean like i said im very familar with the sl system ive pked allie/neatrual 100 to 1000's of times across three diffrent account. and never went below -18 cuz I follow the rules with it..just doesnt make since to me.

Well this might be my deciding factor as to weather I want to stay any longer..not that anyone would miss me but it is 3 accounts less for an already low populated game. I guess ill see how i feel after i let some of the steam out.

Shadow Dancer
12-04-04, 03:15
hmm never had that problem before -16 ive killed nibs and its just given normal SL drop

You evil man!

nobby
12-04-04, 03:19
thread starter, that big jump is normal, it does happen, happened to me also.
i had to do missons, but beware!
people can find your location on the city coms because u are on the NCPD most wanted. just be very careful you your doing missons, people will go to the biggest lengths just to kill and hack you belt!

johngreen2000
12-04-04, 04:44
aight so last question..at what sl will it start going back up naturally i hear -30 and itll start to go back up is that true?

VictorKruger
12-04-04, 05:46
My sl goes up and down like a yo-yo, and i've discovered that what your SL was before it goes down is where your sl gain will stop at eventually. it will go up fast, but then it will start to slow down, and almost until you will be going up one sl per hour. I've actually logged my character on overnight to raise sl in my apt, and it would go from 20's to about 28 or so overnight one time.

ezza
12-04-04, 11:33
aight so last question..at what sl will it start going back up naturally i hear -30 and itll start to go back up is that true?

dunno what class you are but heres what i did cos ill be fucked if im gonna force my self to go idle to get it up.

i just left all my armour behind took my epic cannon and went and done aggy missions in the OZ.

of course this was with my tank, so you may not have an epic item but just grab a decent weapon that you can afford to lose if it comes to it.

no need to quit over it, i mean i suffered from it, but i just laugh at it now, i mean ive been red SL at MB & Point red and lost items, its a bitch but it happens from time to time.

doing missions it took me about a hour to get back to -16, but id rather spend a hour or so doing missions than idle in my apartment.

MrChumble
12-04-04, 13:30
Or, 10x quicker, buy a shitload of chemicals and do recycle missions. No need to ever recycle anything. Just make sure you buy the right chems :D

johngreen2000
12-04-04, 15:28
Well i did it i went and did some easy missions with an old 2 slot uzi and a heal got to -30 then left my guy on over night..i synched during the night but got down to -21.

Na the quitting wasnt specifically becuase of that incident its becuase of alot of things. to name a few

Every time I log in now theres some fucktard calling me a nib and then when I go to own them they grab a pocket ppu and there apu friend then I can do shit and they start talking shit again. Its no longer fun for me.

The leveling is beyond boring for me now. I used to somewhat enjoy leveling but ive had my pes dex stuck at 75 for over a month becuase im either to bored to go do it, I get ganked while leveling, fatal when GRing to 1 of the 3 open GR's or if I make it through alive I crash when fighting something.

And then to top it off it makes no sense what so ever to make someones SL randomly jump like mine did. Thats got to be a bug they just dont know how to fix and play it off as part of the killing penalty.

Again ive gone red probably 50-100 times across 3 different account spanning 4-5 combat character. Never in all those times did I ever go from -14 to anything lower than -18....thats a -4 jump. Ive killed 0/2 50/50 25/50 you name it there was never a time where I went below -18 becuase I knew how the system works. When your postive SL and you kill someone, you go to -1~-6 or so no matter how high your sl was to begin with. After that each kill yields another -2 to -6 or so. I followed that and never had a problem until this one incident.

And I did a test I killed the same nib on my monk who was -2 and I went to -5 thats bullshit. And you know what..someone claimed that if you kill people that are low rank you lose more sl..the guy i killed is xx/32 so thats not low ranked.

Well Im ok It only took me about 1 to 1 1/2 hours to get my sl back to -30 and now im just waiting the time off but if I get this -32 bullshit again Im not gonna waste my time. Just gonna quit, neocron aint fun for me anymore

-edit-
BTW Ezza thanks for the encouragement. You might remember me..i was in the aggie cellar fighting ya and you crashed but I left ya alive cuz I saw ya crashed.

MrChumble
12-04-04, 15:58
Na the quitting wasnt specifically becuase of that incident its becuase of alot of things.

Get yourself into a good clan, one that uses voice comms (like ventrilo or teamspeak) and that will help you level and fight. It changes the shape of the game completely. If it wasn't for my clan (and voice comms) I'd have quit neocron months ago.

Shadow Dancer
12-04-04, 16:17
John.

You could always have a couple of BPs ready for "very hard" research missions.

That way you can go green fast if you ever become red.

And yea, the whole trashtalking + run away and come back with a ppu also makes me want to quit sometimes. :(

ezza
12-04-04, 19:10
lol you were the CA PE?

ya i remember ;)

johngreen2000
12-04-04, 22:08
yep thatd be me. :D

El Barto
13-04-04, 01:35
Sounds a bit wrong that, but its not al lthat bad, takes about 2 hours to get from -40 to possative on easy delivery missions.