PDA

View Full Version : GR'ing vs Rezz

___T-X____
11-04-04, 17:23
I dont know if other people agree, but when i die fair and square i GR. I dont ask for a Rezz on voice.

I see it as a respect thing, any thoughts ?

MrChumble
11-04-04, 17:28
Yeah me too. And when someone beats me with a CS I give them my gun as a mark of respect. And if a mob kills me I acknowledge its greatness by never attacking that type of mob again. If someone smack talks me I see through their frothing inbred remarks to their inner beauty, and accept them for the righteous superior being they claim to be. :rolleyes:

Kuya
11-04-04, 17:33
though one,

On the one hand Yes, but
on the other no.

when there is a ppu there why not?

Is this just in the situation of being pked? or also when you are leveling in the caves for example...

Opar
11-04-04, 18:04
Depends if my char has an MC5 in or not.

Kenjuten
11-04-04, 18:45
Yeah me too. And when someone beats me with a CS I give them my gun as a mark of respect. And if a mob kills me I acknowledge its greatness by never attacking that type of mob again. If someone smack talks me I see through their frothing inbred remarks to their inner beauty, and accept them for the righteous superior being they claim to be. :rolleyes:Just checking...you're sarcastic, yes? :p

I find that sometimes it can be an insult to some people if I GR, so it really depends on the situation to me.

Scikar
11-04-04, 20:09
Even on my PE with an SA, I GR if there isn't a PPU around in the vicinity. I certainly don't expect someone to GR over to me and come running just to ressurect me. It's as much hassle for me to GR and get poked as it is for a PPU to GR, rez me, and GR back, and they have enough hassle as it is.

J. Folsom
11-04-04, 20:46

People get resurrected out of OP wars, when there's not a PPU with them? o_O

Kenjuten
11-04-04, 21:14
Folsom, I think he was referring to just running around and killing stuff, not necessarily being in OP combat. :D

s0apy
11-04-04, 21:22
i couldn't say for sure, since i've probably been rezzed about 5 times in my entire (near 2 years) playing time in NC. but i'd say waiting for a rezz is a sign of both disrespect and, well, a great many other things too.

i still don't get why folks bother with rezz, i even started a thread about it once and was met with howls of derision. evidently everyone but me would rather wait 20 minutes to half an hour, staring at the sky, for a rezz rather than GR, get poked, and be back playing within 5 minutes.

Aziraphale
11-04-04, 21:30
i couldn't say for sure, since i've probably been rezzed about 5 times in my entire (near 2 years) playing time in NC. but i'd say waiting for a rezz is a sign of both disrespect and, well, a great many other things too.

i still don't get why folks bother with rezz, i even started a thread about it once and was met with howls of derision. evidently everyone but me would rather wait 20 minutes to half an hour, staring at the sky, for a rezz rather than GR, get poked, and be back playing within 5 minutes.

If you have a PPU with you its a matter of waiting about 2 minutes tops, rather than GRing, waiting off SI and finding a poker.

Shadow Dancer
11-04-04, 21:31
I GR 98% of the time. Simply because i'm never fortunate enough to get a rezz.

It also )#*&$)*#$&)#&$)#$&)#^$)#&$#)$)*# me off when 90% of the people I kill just lay there on the floor waiting for their 20 ppu buddies to rez him/her.

/rant

Anyways I don't see GRing as a sign of mutual respect.

s0apy
12-04-04, 00:45
If you have a PPU with you its a matter of waiting about 2 minutes tops, rather than GRing, waiting off SI and finding a poker.

of that i am quite aware, however i was merely reiterating a great many posts in the thread i mentioned, countless posts, in which folks described how they were happy to wait 20 minutes and counting for a rezz - even when they were unsure if it would ever arrive - rather than GR.

ironically, some of them were folks who had replied in another thread vehemently arguing that death did not mean enough in NC.

personally, i'd like to see an end to the rezz spell. i still believe it has no place in, and is not a natural part of, a cyberpunk world (no matter how many folks, bizzarely, believe that "resurrection IS cyberpunk because it occurs in an episode of babylon 5", or that babylon 5 is any more cyberpunk than star trek, which also contains an instance of resurrection, and so what?).

Kenjuten
12-04-04, 01:08
Genereplication is a version of 'resurrection'..

Also, if both Babylon5 & Star Trek have Resurrection concepts, what up?

amfest
12-04-04, 01:43
I GR 98% of the time. Simply because i'm never fortunate enough to get a rezz.

It also )#*&$)*#$&)#&$)#$&)#^$)#&$#)$)*# me off when 90% of the people I kill just lay there on the floor waiting for their 20 ppu buddies to rez him/her.

/rant

that's why i've suggested in another thread that if they added a decay timer that after 5 mins or so your body begins to decay and while it's decaying your XP is dropping. Not a big xp hit but if you wait too long it could start to increase a bit. Of course then this might just make people log off and then call for a rez then relog back on and Im' at odds about making the timer work even if the player is offline cause what happens if you die or are in a fight with amob or person in plain sight and the power at your place goes out 8|

Kenjuten
12-04-04, 02:04
You're still dead when you relog? O_o

imo that should be fixed if so.

MrChumble
12-04-04, 02:39
Just checking...you're sarcastic, yes? :p

I'm not sure...I always get sarcasm and irony confused. I wasn't being serious anyway. :D

Stigmata
12-04-04, 02:53
[ edited ]

Stigmata
12-04-04, 02:58

i must of killed u at least 2 or 3 outta 5 there :lol:

but i still don't get why folks bother with rezz, i even started a thread about it once and was met with howls of derision. evidently everyone but me would rather wait 20 minutes to half an hour, staring at the sky, for a rezz rather than GR, get poked, and be back playing within 5 minutes.

because with mc5 parts as ridiculously rare as they are who wants to rep the.

nuff said tbh

Clownst0pper
12-04-04, 14:00
Yup, seen as all my chars have mc5's i very very rarely GR.

I usually log my friends PPU and rez myself. :confused:

[ edited ]

Scikar
12-04-04, 14:18
Yup, seen as all my chars have mc5's i very very rarely GR.

I usually log my friends PPU and rez myself. :confused:

[ edited ]

[ edited ]

Devils Grace
12-04-04, 14:27
I dont know if other people agree, but when i die fair and square i GR. I dont ask for a Rezz on voice.

I see it as a respect thing, any thoughts ?

I'm not a respectable and honorble fighter
I'm not friendly.
I dont play fair
I want to see u droped
If you kill me, i will get a rezz if there is someone availble in my clan, if not i will either log or if i can't wait Gr out.
If i kill you i will make sure you wont get a rezz to force you to GR out and poke yourself.

There :p

Nidhogg
12-04-04, 14:30
Leave clans out of this discussion.

N

Clownst0pper
12-04-04, 14:42
lol devils, so true :lol:

I'm not a respectable and honorble fighter

I think you are, in your own sort of way :angel: although some people may think otherwise! :lol:

Kreole <3 Devils Grace :angel:

Devils Grace
12-04-04, 14:48
although some people may think otherwise! :lol:

Kreole <3 Devils Grace :angel:

Some = almost entire saturn server :p

I think you are prety much the only enemy wich i can have a polite conversation :lol:

Fear my Roleplaying Asshole SKillzzzzz

Clownst0pper
12-04-04, 16:29
Some = almost entire saturn server :p

I think you are prety much the only enemy wich i can have a polite conversation :lol:

Fear my Roleplaying Asshole SKillzzzzz

Haha, how much roleplay? :D

Well if u can get a rez, why fuck ur imps up? and save urself SI.

Far easier.

BTW devils, mosquito > U :lol: :p

XSuneX
12-04-04, 16:38
Heck! Ain't no one gonna rez me. I gotta GR!

Promethius
12-04-04, 16:54
There are other ways of showing respect to your opponent besides destroying your mc5 chips.

-Prom

Strych9
12-04-04, 17:04
evidently everyone but me would rather wait 20 minutes to half an hour, staring at the sky, for a rezz rather than GR, get poked, and be back playing within 5 minutes.Wow, could you have made a more generalized statement???

Here, let me change it around for you and tell me how you like it:
evidently everyone but me would rather GR into town, wait for SI to wear off, put their weaps and spells and stuff back into their quickbelt and rearrange their inventory to how it was, and then spend 20 minutes begging for a poke rather than get rezzed and be back playing within 5 minutes.See what I mean?

Its not always cut and dry like that. ;)

s0apy
12-04-04, 17:22
Wow, could you have made a more generalized statement???

you misunderstand - i was actually just reiterating the gist of a number of replies in that other thread i mentioned, replies specifically stating that the players had often waited 20 to 30 minutes for a rezz rather than just GR. i'm not suggesting it takes that long to rezz if you have a PPU glued to you, or on call 24/7. it just seems strange to me that people are genuinely prepared to wait around rather a long time for a rezz, rather than just GR.

i fully take the point that some folks are worried about their MC5 chips degrading, and certainly it seems sensible to not risk any damage to them if one has the choice, but this seems contrary to the spirit of the game. to be blunt, i'd prefer to see rezz removed entirely from the game, so that pokers, repairers etc actually had some purpose.

i'm honestly glad i don't have any MC5 chips. i've never wanted one, since the timesink involved in getting them was always way OTT. and it seems the timesink involved in ensuring they don't ever pop is equally restricting.

no thanks. why not remove rezz entirely? put the onus on the MC5 user to find good pokers, and very good repairers, thus creating a real market for the skills of high level pokers and repairers.

i get killed about 10 times a day, and it bothers me not a jot. i'm always poked and ready to go and blow in under 5 minutes, happy in the knowledge that i spend my time in-game looking for, and engaging in, combat, without fear or compromise, rather than endlessly killing the same high-level mob over and over to get chippage that is of dubious usefulness that will then require me to pick my fights with more care and spend most of the rest of my gametime staring at the sky waiting for someone else to come along and save my sorry ass.

___T-X____
12-04-04, 18:09
dont u think that when youve been beat its a mark of respect to GR. I got a DM the other day saying' GF, ive always respected you for fighting fair'.

Spoke volumes to meh.

Kenjuten
12-04-04, 19:03
As I said before, it largely depends on situations...at least, to me.

But in terms of dueling....I suppose there is no reason to wait for a Rez. But hey, maybe they want to get you Rez'd to save you the trouble. Like I said, situations.

El Barto
12-04-04, 21:16
Dumbest thing I heard in a while, sayign in the nicest way possable of course, but if I can get a rezz, I will, if not I won't.

Marx
12-04-04, 21:18
I agree.

GRing means one of two things... No rez or you're getting a counterattack up.

Nothing more, nothing less.

petek480
13-04-04, 03:59
I think it's ****** how when you go to cycrow and pk a whole clan they all just stay there waiting hours for a rezz or log out and then go onto there alts. If you died you shoudln't be able to log out and get a rezz later or wait hours for a rezz for that matter.

Forget My Name
13-04-04, 07:07
Death means something in this game?

I just log my second account and rezz my first account.

Why is rezzing even in this game?

Take it out completely and make death mean something.

Kenjuten
13-04-04, 17:26
Anything can mean something to those that allow.

At any rate...hm...maybe Resurrection isn't all that good, but it helps out during PvM at least.

Jerto
13-04-04, 17:31
I poke and have no MC5 => I GR most of the time.

Fawkes
13-04-04, 17:47
I don't find anything "respectful" in GRing once you die... I never thought of it actually. Most of the times when I die I relog multiple times until I sync and call some PPU to rez me (:D). If I'm too tired to wait for a rez I use the GR. My opponent gets my respect if he wins and that's it, no need to show him my respect by GRing. O_o

Respect for me in Neocron is not using any excuses when I lose (unless I had really bad FPS or unusual high ping) and just saying "gg/gf" after the battle or not saying anything. Also I never use drugs, damage boost, parashock or heals in duels. That's showing respect from my point of view. When my opponent uses heal, damage boost or parashock I will use it too though. When it comes to fighting multiple runners it's different (although under no circumstances will I use drugs).

Kugero
13-04-04, 17:53
the only time I don't GR out immediately is when I know one of my PPU friends is in the area or I saw a faction friendly PPU running around in the vicinity before I died.

Since I don't have any PPU alts or teamspeak I just wait a few minutes then if it doesn't look like somebody is going to rez me I just GR out.

No big deal for me either way actually so I can't see how GR'ing out shows more or less respect for your oponent. I think dm'ing a brief GF or GJ is all you need or even saying it over zone/trade or something ...