PDA

View Full Version : Any capped Spies....

___T-X____
11-04-04, 15:59
Tried using the ARS armour instead of pa3 ?

Im considering it, because +200 Xray is sweet

Opar
11-04-04, 16:11
+121 xray from PA3.... As well as more RC and DEX....

___T-X____
11-04-04, 16:13
I know, but wouldnt 200+ Xray completely negate the need for any Xray resist...

Crackitakk
11-04-04, 16:18
im uncapped but i can use that armor, for now....and its not that great....i meen it makes u almost immune to xray damage but doesnt have any of the good +'s of pa3....so anyways, use it along with heavy e belt to hunt doy bots...u will still get ur ass kicked but with a ppu they dont hurt u at all

Eddie
11-04-04, 17:39
I know, but wouldnt 200+ Xray completely negate the need for any Xray resist...

The difference between +120 xray, and +200 xray is tiny: remember all that about a "resist cap", and the law of diminishing returns, so I don't think it would be worth it, especially considering the benefits the proper Spy PA gives.

Eddie

40$Poser
11-04-04, 17:52
that's the sad thing, there's really not much room for individually. I thought the +200 x-ray would kick ass, but you cough up the pa bonus of pistol combat or rifle combat. Sucks tbh.

Kenjuten
11-04-04, 18:22
I did some setup tests...statistically you gain very very little from the difference between a level 3 or 4 PA and the X-Ray suit...very little.

Makes me wish the suit had more of a use....well, at least some PEs can wear it. :\

RuButt
11-04-04, 18:30
the resists softcap is 114, if i remember correctly

Scanner Darkly
11-04-04, 18:31
Well You could go crazy and wear XRR bones with PA3 or 4 if you really wub your X-ray resist

Kenjuten
11-04-04, 19:03
the resists softcap is 114, if i remember correctly
It's actually a hardcap, the resists go nowhere once you try to raise it any higher.

Xiphias
11-04-04, 19:15
forget what i said.

40$Poser
11-04-04, 19:36
...Makes me wish the suit had more of a use....well, at least some PEs can wear it. :\

correction, use to be able to. PA has class requirements now, if ya recall.

Scikar
11-04-04, 19:45
120 armor = 70% resist.
200 armor = 76% resist.

But remember you can put gamma bones in as well as the PA3.

EDIT: @ 40$Poser: The Rad Suit isn't PA and doesn't have a class req.

Kenjuten
11-04-04, 20:54
Forgot to mention that during my research (Then again, it might be a bug with the skillmanager) 76% is the utmost a defense can go without deflector/shelter...thus when armor provides more than enough defense in combination with resists, the hardcap on the respective resist becomes lower.

It's been a long time since I found out that piece of data..so I might actually be inaccurate.

Eddie
12-04-04, 02:40
Forgot to mention that during my research (Then again, it might be a bug with the skillmanager) 76% is the utmost a defense can go without deflector/shelter...thus when armor provides more than enough defense in combination with resists, the hardcap on the respective resist becomes lower.

It's been a long time since I found out that piece of data..so I might actually be inaccurate.

Yeah.. that's a cap that the skill manager imposes.. whether it's really true or not, only testing (with my own eyes) will show. It's been quoted and accepted as having a hardcap though, even by the likes of Lupus and other people who are more in-the-know as we mere mortals are :P

Another thing is.. even though it's still get-(t)able ingame, I don't think it's really has a purpose to exist - it's become obsolete ever since real Spy PA came out. That was just a model-test and something to shut the whining spies (myself included) up until the real-deal came along :)

Eddie

IceStorm
12-04-04, 03:30
I've never worn the ARS. I use PA3 and all the antigamma bones (the bonuses from the Advanced bones aren't enough to make me swap them out), and I use a Filter Heart 1 on my Spy. I can't wear the ARS without using a Glove as I get the extra +5 DEX to put on my PA3 from a Recycling glove (once it's on, the +6 DEX keeps it on after I take off the glove).

I tried Shelter on my Spy, but it didn't help me much, I found. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it seemed to do nothing. I can handle Warbots/Warbot Titans pretty well without Shelter anyway.

On my PE, I use Shelter and Deflector. It seems to work sometimes, and not work other times. Very annoying, as the PE doesn't have the benefit of a +100-ish Xray option.