PDA

View Full Version : invisible doy bot damage

notneo
11-04-04, 07:31
has anyone else noticed that when hunting the bots at el farid or ecsador that your health will suddenly drop??

have those bots got an invisible,silent attack that can go through hills/walls etc because it is getting annoying,

i know im not beining sniped because of the above reason,my health just drosps about 150 points,and as a spy this is bad news

massic
11-04-04, 08:27
yeah this happens alot but i'm not sure if it's a bug or a feature.

When hunting in groups my buddies will be telling me I'm getting hit but I don't see it on my screen, all I see is my health drop.

Been like this since they were introduced.

___T-X____
11-04-04, 10:29
There no such thing as a bug, its a feature. The elite storm bots have the same 'feature'.

I sniped one on the clipping range, its didnt move, then i died.

great 'feature'

jernau
11-04-04, 11:22
All mobs in NC do this sometimes though obviously it's more of a problem on the higher level ones. J5s seem terrible for it atm, possibly because those zones are so busy.

t0tt3
11-04-04, 11:22
great 'feature'

Itīs like your sign then :D

steweygrrr
11-04-04, 14:10
I think theres actually a maximum range the mob can get to before it stops drawing the projectile effects. Go to H_12, stand on the tower and fire at a mob on the corner of the road. You'll see what I mean.

jernau
11-04-04, 14:13
I think theres actually a maximum range the mob can get to before it stops drawing the projectile effects. Go to H_12, stand on the tower and fire at a mob on the corner of the road. You'll see what I mean.
That's true as well but I've had tons of invisible J5 damage lately at point blank range while clearing out K_10.

greploco
12-04-04, 13:50
heh, I guess this is the cousin to "invisible warbot damage"

when this has happened to me I've run around corners and almost made it across the map, but it still seems to get you

I think they are underground or inside an object, so that they can see you whereever you are and also hit you

Archeus
12-04-04, 13:55
Noticed this when fighting people as well. They would pull out a gun and then I would just die. No damage noticed. I think it is something to do with range.

Clownst0pper
12-04-04, 14:01
I think its just lag, or the animation fucking up.

Just keep an eye on your HP, and not the physical things which are hitting you. Its a more accurate representation. :)

El Barto
13-04-04, 01:37
They do, I think its a bit broke though, cos from what I have read on NeMa DoY bots are ment to shoot you and then the neutron damage they do still effects you after the shot. Thing is though some tiems you take random damge before they have shot you.

Organics
13-04-04, 02:01
I've had this before many times at MB LC Bunker, health dropping without warning, no sounds of rocket being launched, no "push" effect from damage, no blood, no Deflector/Shelter being affected, just health dropping every so often.

Without any warning whatsoever on your screen (such as described above) sometimes it's hard to notice when you are concentrating on running around etc. It's only when your health drops seriously low that you notice, or when you just die :rolleyes:

No chance of it being Spy or someone sniping me from a distance, since LE was in all times it happened.

It's incredibly annoying to see your health dropping without even knowing what the fuck is attacking you. Still, just another bug to get used to :D Not as bad as a FRE in front of a WB :p

Kugero
13-04-04, 19:55
I think its just lag, or the animation fucking up.

Just keep an eye on your HP, and not the physical things which are hitting you. Its a more accurate representation. :)

true. I learned the hardway to just know you're gunna get InvisaFire from J5's when you hunt them. I try not stand in front of them for more then a few seconds before retreating to cover. I never have this problem when hunting any other mobs.

for some reason the client just won't draw the bullet animation during periods of latency ...

deemon328
14-04-04, 17:53
This happens to my drones all the time too, although it's not just on DOY bots, but also on just about every other monster.

blaczero
14-04-04, 17:57
is this partially because of the server and client argueing about the damage you took and the level of your health? like when you jump down from a high spot, your health goes to like half then right back up full...

jernau
14-04-04, 17:59
This happens to my drones all the time too, although it's not just on DOY bots, but also on just about every other monster.
Well that's because you have hit the holy triumvirate of KK code :
- Drones - still the biggest bug-nest in the game
- "Lag" - more likely slow DB response times server-side
- Graphics limitations - due to dubious decisions in the design phase (if there was one)

/edit : @blaczero - quite possibly. IMO it's because the server-side routine gets it's data late and out of sync from the Tonka-Toy DB (see point 2 above).

extract
14-04-04, 18:34
There no such thing as a bug, its a feature. The elite storm bots have the same 'feature'.

I sniped one on the clipping range, its didnt move, then i died.

great 'feature'

heh I know what u mean I had that happen to me at the gates of NC, run a kami into a storm, I couldnt even see him from where I was standing and 2 secs later I was dead, and I wasnt PKd, had LE in at the time heh they just got sick range me thinks