PDA

View Full Version : A few passive spell's (idea, Psi gear)

Q`alooaith
11-04-04, 04:11
As we all know, PPU's have a very limited battlefield role, they just buff and heal, what sort of life is that for a PPU... Sure they help out but they don't realy DO anything..

So I came up with these idea's to help make PPU's have a more active and vital role in combat..

Holy Soul swarm, this is basicaly an improved soul cluster that summon's a soul cluster, but wait rather than it defending the PPU, it need's to be targeted on another player and it goes off and fly's arround them, ramming them but not using the attack the soul cluster's normaly have.. This would give PPU's a way to keep other PPU's out of battle, or at least have trouble casting..

But there's more..

PPU's alway's seam to die just when they are needed most, So...

Holy clone, this spell creates a clone of the caster, which he can spawn to if he dies, rather than gene repping away, the clone would have no gear on it, but would not suffer SI.. this would mean PPU's could grab their gear and get back into the action, where they are needed most..

These idea's are basicaly to boost the role of PPU's on the battlefield, they don't do much now, let's give em somthing so they are better suitied to fighting..

naimex
11-04-04, 04:16
They donīt really need this.... (the PPUs)..

no offense.. but could you like.. make a thread.. wait for some response to it..

instead of making ten new threads within an hour ^^

canīt be much thought behind it..

sorry, but I canīt see how there could be.

Q`alooaith
11-04-04, 04:19
there is lot's of thought behind my thread's..

I made a poll to see how many people realy hate and realy love parashock as is, and try and think up new and interseting way's to ballence it rather than remove it..

I made a thread about a event mob that should be, somthing interseting for team's of capped player's, but also might be fun for near capped player's in larger teams..

I do put a fair bit of though behind most of my thread's, though I think I might need to expand on these idea's later..

naimex
11-04-04, 04:21
thats where we differ..

I like to have about 90 - 99 % of an idea ready if i can before bothering to make a thread about it.

But to be honest.. PPUs and monks in general donīt need more toys..

Q`alooaith
11-04-04, 04:27
But PPU's do need more toy's don't you see...

Right now all PPU's have to play with is parashock and (not currently) soulcluster, and heal and buff..

I mean, PPU's with more toy's would not para spam, they'd use all the diffrent and interseting spell's...

I mean, tank's get a choice of cannon's PE's and spy's can choose what rifle or pistol they use, even APU's get to choose diffrent spell's for damage type's..

PPU's get what, a few spell's that have little to no use (holy disstract mind, holy [get aggro] and so on) I mean come on, you want to stop PPU's para spamming but they've got nothing else.

Can anyone else think of some good toy';s for PPU's, I mean they do need more.. disscounting the weapon buff's, and the health buff's, they've not got much for them.

naimex
11-04-04, 05:10
a good PPU..

would be able to use everything to advantage..

a good PPU can kill a capped tank without even having to worry the slighthest bit about dying..

a good PPU can keep self alive and use :

either :

low lvl melee
low lvl pistol
low lvl rifle
low lvl heavy

these can be done WITH 0 GIMPAGE !!!!

with a bit of gimpage, they can use drones and apu spells too....

they wont be good with them..

but their lack of usability in weapons is outweighed by their immunity.

when finished buffing.. a ppu would either go tend an ally or run off to avoid dying..

but a good ppu, would buff up with a lvl 3 combat booster of the weapon of choice and start killing the opponent..

I have seen PPUs kill capped hardcore PvP tanks with the shittiest of weapons !!

they do close to no dmg at all.. but their buffed defensive side keeps them alive, and able to get away with it.

Kikyo
11-04-04, 10:05
horrible idea ppus are strong enough with soul clusters now you want a full attack? shit holy para bolt can kill a spy and a apu and its TL 8 you want more attacks for a ppu who wont die to one person? :confused: I say F*CK that :P

Cytaur
11-04-04, 10:08
leave battlefield to tanks and PE's .... and spies

FU monks :0

Kikyo
11-04-04, 10:10
nuff said cytar

Q`alooaith
11-04-04, 17:18
Ok...

So let's change the idea.. give the PPU's new toy's like the above, but reduce their heal and shelter and other buff effect's to compesate.

How's that for an idea?

naimex
11-04-04, 20:07
no monk would have their defensive capabilities decreased for a few damage..

(none i know anyways)

Scikar
11-04-04, 20:12
Ok...

So let's change the idea.. give the PPU's new toy's like the above, but reduce their heal and shelter and other buff effect's to compesate.

How's that for an idea?
Would be nice, but 95% of PPUs are PPUs for the defence more than anything else. As soon as you try to touch that, you better get ready for "OMG THEN NERF CS AND HL AND JUDGE AND LIBERATOR AND DEV AND HAB" etc etc.

dL9
11-04-04, 20:23
But PPU's do need more toy's don't you see...

Right now all PPU's have to play with is parashock and (not currently) soulcluster, and heal and buff..

A small sacrifise for being practically invincible

Cytaur
12-04-04, 02:07
basically what you're suggesting is hybrid v2 ......... we don't need that

Q`alooaith
12-04-04, 02:22
I'm not suggesting any damage spell's..

I said the cluter swarm would cause knockback, like when you get hit with a nailgun, so if you want to run away you cast it on somone and they get pushed around all over the place..

I mean come on, don't you see, PPU's do need some more spell's that while not causeing damage give them somthing fun to play with.

Then they can be nerfed..

retr0n
12-04-04, 02:40
This idea is to "magic" for neocron!

Kopaka
12-04-04, 22:00
a good PPU..

would be able to use everything to advantage..

a good PPU can kill a capped tank without even having to worry the slighthest bit about dying..

tr00

PPU's holy parabolt (tl 8) can outheal a spy's heal.
every PPU can use a baseball bat, doesnt do much dmg but its fun vs APU, since they cant heal, bat > medkit
im sure gonna miss all that stuff :p ah well..