PDA

View Full Version : MC5 sux decsion

moshter
11-04-04, 01:05
whats up with this fairness dammit come on reaktor!while you shut mc5 down do to exploits,im getiin owned by all these guys with mc5 chips and have no way to get one for myself now!so while all those exploiters got theres by cheatin i cant even get one by workin hard for it and cant defend aginst those who do!whats up?wheres the remedy to that?r u gonna give a bunch of us that have to go without a couple of free chips seems fair to me!we didnt exploit you closed it before we had a chance to get there. :wtf: :mad:

Q`alooaith
11-04-04, 01:08
It will not be closed forever (unlike this thread methinks)

Also it was not alway's broken, some people did realy earn their MC5 chips, and the time it took for KK to close off the broken MC5 I doubt anyone got out with more than one chip's worth of part's, probably a mish mash too at that..

You will still have you chance to attack MC5, just not right now, also if you can't build a good enough setup without an MC5 chip to beat a poor player with an MC5 chip what makes you think your going to be able to with one...

I mean there are chip's in game avible much more readly that can be used instead of MC5, and you can make a good setup without a MC5, it just take's a little diffrent tweaking, maybe a drug to put your armor on instead of none...

moshter
11-04-04, 01:19
thats why some peeps got banned for it?whyd they get banned if they didnt come out with anything if that was the case i dont think so many peeps wouldve been tryin so hard to get in there like the one day i tried and there were about 35 enemy faction packed into the second room and i got ganked!im not new to this i know enough peeps that came out of it with 6 to 7 full chips at the end of it!and as to the thread or myself being closed ha got 4 acounts all capped and diff credit cards and names dude i live in america where you dont get prosecuted for speakin your mind or voiceing your appinoion.so im just not use to not doing it its not fair about mc5 and its been down for a while now and ive been waiting a while and id klike to work hard at getting my turn at a chip!
:confused: 8|

Q`alooaith
11-04-04, 01:28
I'm saying your not making a good show of yourself or thread, you practicaly demand a MC5 chip and well, no point arguing with somone with 4 accounts.

I didn't say you'd get banned or anything, just said this thread will probably end up locked.

Your names the same on all your account's and CC's right, because fraud is a crime. :p

now calm down, the place is all locked up and anyone inside will get a warning meaning that the chances of any more MC5 chip's getting out soon will be slim to non.

Go find a good PPU and help him cap, find a good team and work on your teamplay so when MC5 open's again it'll be all the easyer for you to get your chip parts.

]v[ortice
11-04-04, 01:36
You 2 are on drugs... whatever you guys said it went over my head.

I agree with the topic starter's impatience over the lack of MC5 opportunity though. I for one am sorely missing going there as I was just getting the hang of it.

Please let it be back open in the next patch... PLEASE!

Sleawer
11-04-04, 01:37
I hear your pain, but believe me it is not so bad. I'm 100% sure it will be re-opened again for you to get these implants, and the system to get them even might be improved, made a bit easier, less stressing, and more amusing than camping a spot for days.

You can compete as good as anyone with MC-5 chips, your setup has to differ of course, and it is more limited to what you could do with one, but you still will be good.

I love America too btw, but tbh Spain > all :p

Capt. Rik
11-04-04, 01:42
It's painful that it is not open but i'm more annoyed with the fact that some players doubled up on their MC5 chips from Saturn's problem a few days ago.

extract
11-04-04, 04:27
I think it kinda sucks too, but in all fairness, MC5s by no way make anyone destructive, I seen plenty of people die with or without MC5s, all they allow is for slightly better setups....but yea, agreed bring it back already

moshter
11-04-04, 10:21
ok ok i got to defensive but ive been working certin chars hard to get them ready for some good chips and now this happens.sux and im impatient im not demanding a chip i know that will never happen.but id like to see somthing give soon so i can equal the playing field a little.i mean its been awhile now and alot of peeps would like to see themselves in a nice new mc5 chip,like me whats up reaktor can the non exploiters that never got any mc5 chip get a chance to catch up here we havnt heard anything about when where or how other then its closed now.

]v[ortice
11-04-04, 10:43
/optimism mode on

I hope MC5 will return in the next patch :)

/optimism mode off

Rade
11-04-04, 11:42
1) Wether or not you have a MC5 wont determine wether you beat someoen
or not, your skill will. If you get owned by people now, you will sure as hell be
owned when you get a MC5.

2) Regardless of what you have heard the vast majority that was in MC5
trying to get chips worked their asses off doing something really hard to get
those. No you are not going to get yours for free, nor are all people who
have MC5 chips exploiters.

]v[ortice
12-04-04, 14:12
Rade...

Maybe I want to get a none-combat skill associated item from MC5? Did you think of that?

paolo escobar
12-04-04, 14:33
bladdy hell m8, the world wont come to an end cos we cant get mc5 chips, plenty of ppl are wasting mc5 imped up ppl all the time. it dont make u that much better. Having pvp skill is much more desirable than having a mc5 chip.

Devils Grace
12-04-04, 14:38
Not forgeting that MC5 was closed due to a bug and not people exploiting.
Not forgeting that you are acusing everyone (generalisation) to have MC5 by exploiting.
Not forgeting that if you can't beat someone that have MC5 chips in you aint that good as you may think.

Clownst0pper
12-04-04, 14:39
The only mc5 chip which is worth having is an SA for a PE, and even those without mc5's still have brilliant setups.

Sorry but as rade says, U get owned without an mc5, u will get owned with one.

The only thing which will change is the drugs you use.

t0tt3
12-04-04, 14:42
LOL.......

If you cant aim without a MC5 why would you think you could with one?

Aim > MC5 period...

Get some skills instead :rolleyes:

EDIT: Only char that need a MC5 chip is the hybrid and they still suck with it so...

Kal
12-04-04, 15:51
the +15 bodyhealth from a herc is quite nice too.

its more of a bonus that a necesity to have an mc5 chip tho

i have a non mc5'd hybrid and i do just fine

MrChumble
12-04-04, 16:02
The only mc5 chip which is worth having is an SA for a PE, and even those without mc5's still have brilliant setups.

Sorry but as rade says, U get owned without an mc5, u will get owned with one.

The only thing which will change is the drugs you use.

The Monk doesn't need a DS, but then they don't need any chips at all. But until Mr Monkey gets a DS in his head he's gonna be using an exp. psi controller 3 most likely, which is an awful nerfage.

Kenjuten
12-04-04, 18:40
v[ortice']Rade...

Maybe I want to get a none-combat skill associated item from MC5? Did you think of that?
Aye, Hawking is a nice tradeskill chip.

Capt. Rik
12-04-04, 19:25
I'm more interested in the 3 million NC you can get from selling MC5 parts on saturn.

Birdman[H.E.]
12-04-04, 19:32
Even sleawer maybe didnt expressed himself as he should.

What he was trying to tell everybody is, he dont have a chance to have a MC5 chip as others did, and this MC5 chip wast a rare event, it was massive, some ppl own tons of parts of it.

In my case i came back to game since a year ago, to find myself only using an special forces, maybe with luck i could get my hands on one of thouse MC5. (damn what the f..k i moved to other server, i hate to be poor)

Shadow Dancer
12-04-04, 19:44
The only thing I hate about mc5 chip for monk is that no DS means xp controller 3. And that -20 force is a killer. :(

Kal
12-04-04, 19:57
try using a psi attack chip/defenciv processor 1

it gives the same apu/ppu as a DS just less ppw

Kenjuten
12-04-04, 20:18
I think he's already wearing a PSI Attack... :p

ino
12-04-04, 20:41
Hmm didnt bother to read through. But seriously everyone who has a mc5 imp has been cheating huh ?.. well well.. you'll eventually get one I guess just bare with it. And Im a little sceptical about you get killed just cause they have mc5 imps :). They arnt THAT great. their great to have cause you eliminate lots of minuses in the setup but its not YEAH YEAH WOWOW great.

Kal
12-04-04, 20:55
I think he's already wearing a PSI Attack... :p

psi core
psi attack 1
psi attack 2
psi attack 3

El Barto
12-04-04, 21:12
You can make just as good set ups with or without MC5 chips, sure they will be different due to the chip set ups, but will be equal when it comes to PvP and PvM, just used differently. I am talkign about a Gen-Tank though, as I have not tried with any other classes, but trust me, you can get just as good set ups without an MC5 chip as with one.

Dribble Joy
12-04-04, 21:13
Even a pure wants to use a ppr or a moveon.

Kal
12-04-04, 21:32
i would never use a ppr or moveon in a pure monk personally

Rade
12-04-04, 23:31
v[ortice']Rade...

Sorry I dont follow, what does that have to do with what I said?

Birdman[H.E.]
12-04-04, 23:42
You can make just as good set ups with or without MC5 chips, sure they will be different due to the chip set ups, but will be equal when it comes to PvP and PvM, just used differently. I am talkign about a Gen-Tank though, as I have not tried with any other classes, but trust me, you can get just as good set ups without an MC5 chip as with one.

They might not be needed, but they make a difference really, for example my spy can use a Ballistic 3, wich is similar to the SF, but gives less dex and take str, if i do that, well i got fucked bad, becouse i cant use INQ set 1, so for my setup i need it.

If they take all this chips out its fine with me, but kk always do the same, MAKE the ubers more uber, and the noobs more noobs

So now i dont even have the chance to get one of this chips, maybe with luck and 25kk i will.

Dribble Joy
12-04-04, 23:47
You will loose a bit of PC/RC but you could pop in a SRI instead of the balli3, don't loose STR and you get (nearly) the same main stat bonuses as an MC5.

Glok
12-04-04, 23:53
I actually consider an MC5 chip to be a liability for my char. I like to get back in action fast and finding a TL115 poke is a pain, and speccing to self poke MC5 is way too much gimpage. Plus as clown said, it won't make or break any char but a tweaked up PE.

Dribble Joy
12-04-04, 23:55
I poke mc5 on my PE, still have enough psu to run(walk)cast heal and 104 WEP when buffed.

Glok
12-04-04, 23:57
I poke mc5 on my PE, still have enough psu to run(walk)cast heal and 104 WEP when buffed.I mean if you use anything other than pistols. :p

For my hybrid, poking MC5 would probably make me unable to runcast my offensive spell and drop my rof into the gutter.

Biznatchy
12-04-04, 23:58
with mc5 V40 armor without V30 armor if im right. On a PE the SA is pretty huge. That aside, its the point this game is about collecting the best parts and the best parts are locked up and have been for some time. Its just frustrating really.

Dribble Joy
12-04-04, 23:59
Having anything to any extent in something other than psu on a monk is gimpage.

Glok
13-04-04, 00:05
I have 64 base poke, so that's only 16 psu less at cap, and since I don't use anything above TL87, it is zero gimpage. :)

Dribble Joy
13-04-04, 00:07
I thought monks needed all int in psu to even get close to capping rof?
Kinda like tanks and CS aiming.

Glok
13-04-04, 00:10
That's for the rare modules, then yeah, they need every point in psu to cap RoF.

Shadow Dancer
13-04-04, 00:15
try using a psi attack chip/defenciv processor 1

it gives the same apu/ppu as a DS just less ppw

Yea but then i gotta drug for pa3. lol

Oh and mana pool will kinda sux0r without xp cont 3.

Grrrr, monk imps suck. :p

Glok
13-04-04, 00:17
You have a DS right Shadow? Do you notice much difference from before and after, besides pool?

Shadow Dancer
13-04-04, 00:22
You have a DS right Shadow? Do you notice much difference from before and after, besides pool?

Well I could get the same pool with a xp cont 3, but then that means alot less apu and a nice -20 force to my setup. So yea i consider it a noticable difference. Would be nice if xp cont didn't have -20 force. Oh yea, also no ds means less transport. Which means less medkits. Which is really annoying.

Stupid medkits take up so much weight.

Glok
13-04-04, 00:28
No, I mean have you noticed a difference, not just stats and numbers. Do you win more now?

Shadow Dancer
13-04-04, 00:31
No, I mean have you noticed a difference, not just stats and numbers. Do you win more now?

Um I haven't noticed any big difference in terms of winning/losing.

Glok
13-04-04, 00:40
Um I haven't noticed any big difference in terms of winning/losing.That's what I would have figured. :)

Player skill is way way more important than + or - a few points in a stat. So an MC5 is just a way of knowing you have the best possible setup, rather than knowing you will auto-own any other player. ;)

Aziraphale
13-04-04, 00:46
I kind of like that it's closed, means that MC5 chips are rare items.

Dribble Joy
13-04-04, 00:48
Indeed, and as SD just pointed out (for monks at least) they are not required PvP items.

Kenjuten
13-04-04, 04:55
Sorry I dont follow, what does that have to do with what I said?As I said before, Hawking chip isn't exactly a combat/PvP chip but a valuable tradeskill chip.

Oh, and Shadow Dancer avoided the 'Do you have a DS?' q... :D

Go SD! ;x

Cytaur
13-04-04, 05:10
I need either full herc on pluto or hull/frame/comp ..... plz someone hook me up :(

Elroy Jetson
13-04-04, 08:06
Took me 2 months to get my first mc5 chip. Its not like hunting wb's where you get 10 an hour. I seen the comm go down as many as 15 times without giving up a part. 3 hours later gank squad comes in. no parts for the night. If i was you i would be more pissed about the lvling factor. Lvling a tanks con in mc5 is a dream come true. hell with the chips.

moshter
13-04-04, 08:16
i think maybe pepole did missunderstand me ,its my idiotic way of trying to get a point accross ,i do understand skill is most important and part of that skill is understanding the best setup for your char the other half is in controlling your char and handling your in game persona.but to get the most of my personel setup includes an mc5 chip then i can move to pa4 and even with a herc id still have to drug pa 4 on.pa 4 = better resist = more hit points = longer i can run around fireing my weapon of choice.by the sound of evrybody in this thread they say be a better player,i say i will with my mc5 chips.also it sounds like evrybody would think it was nice if they could have access to mc5 to get a chip,but that you would like to sit and wait for one as long as it takes.sure ive takin down tanks with hercs with my distance on my ravager or by sitting on the back of my revler with a ppu at my side.what im saying is and in plain english is id like to perfect my setup and call my char ready for the next step in doy (more lvls and chips),and im also saying without a chance to get an mc5 chip and those that have them for having the pure chance to get them would be uber.and no not ALL peeps r exploiters im sry for that as well. simply put plz open mc5 id like my chance to get one now plz and thank you

Elroy Jetson
13-04-04, 08:54
I totally agree mosh, mc5 needs to be reopened or something else added. But i've seen several ppl say they want to use pa4. o_O

I got SA for my PE and herc for my tank. but no way in hell would i use pa4. Until these Ceres Lvls become available with Doy PA4=teh gimp drug user. Before they changed the reqs on pa4, there was a chance.but i soon realized that pa4 was out of the question. I don't even know why they have em in game. :confused: But you know to each his own, i just wanted to say something :rolleyes:

Kenjuten
13-04-04, 17:35
The power armor 4's are easily accessible only to certain kinds of builds in each class, PEs excepted..

Think of them like the Moveon & PP Resistor chip; they're only truly useful in a few select builds.

The unfortunate thing is, a good fraction of the builds that can easily use PA4s are those that have MC5 Chips and their lower-down versions as well. There can be a few that don't require MC5, but then these builds become gimped and may not have true combat expertise.

This can be negated by the skill of the player, but then it's like going from Pre-Calculus to Calculus, no?

ezza
13-04-04, 17:49
after the first 2 pages i just skimmed though the rest.

atm i aint got a MC5 chip in my tanks head, ok mainly because i aint got the parts, but even when i had the chance to get them i didnt.

i can beat MC5 chipo using players with my tank, MC5 chip dont make you skilled(not saying i am btw)your own ability(and setup) make you ownage.

and just think when you put them mc5 using players down, whats gonna pop out, ther mc5 of course, just laugh at them as they spam trade for a poker.

im a nib i need a Tl115 poker etc etc.

now my way,because i was fighting all the time, i knew i was gonna die a lot, when i was BD i knew sooner or later when i raided the MB or TG the numbers were gonna get to big for me and id end up dead, its a lot easier to get pokes to TL 84 or whatever than 115, in a min or 2 im back in business, rather than having to spam for hours on end.

of course if you do have one you can always do the logging off trick until you get a ppu to come rez your ass :lol:

Candaman
13-04-04, 19:07
i have a ds on my ppu but i've actually taken it out in favour of a better setup

Shadow Dancer
13-04-04, 22:19
and just think when you put them mc5 using players down, whats gonna pop out, ther mc5 of course, just laugh at them as they spam trade for a poker.

im a nib i need a Tl115 poker etc etc.

:lol:

I love when I kill someone then I see them in trade saying "need TL 115 poke. Paying 50k"

:p

Dribble Joy
13-04-04, 22:22
Exactly why I cannot stand not being able to poke, and why I don't play any other chars to any extent other than my PE.