PDA

View Full Version : Spy STR

MrDomino
10-04-04, 19:47
Is there an easy way to level Spy's STR?

J. Folsom
10-04-04, 19:51
Pistols or rifles work well.

You could try meleeing launchers if you're feeling crazy.

steweygrrr
10-04-04, 19:53
Is there an easy way to level Spy's STR?

Constructions good for levelling STR

Sputnik
10-04-04, 20:04
when lvlning normally (so mobs) str shouldn't be a prob (okay not as droner)

cst
or con lvling helps

amfest
10-04-04, 20:09
heh my droner is taking the combat hovertech route to level their str past str 18 cause missions are just boring and repairing or construction .. bleh

seraphian
10-04-04, 21:20
cons levels it fast, as does taking damage, I usually hunted with a PPU so I could soak up lots of damage (kept me alive and as a rank15 in the chaos caves, you get TONS of XP!)

t0tt3
11-04-04, 17:37
Dmg = Con + Str so just get hit...

That is like the one thats the easiest part to cap con and str...

Eddie
11-04-04, 17:40
Back in the day, before LoMs were a bitch like they are now, I took to bit 'o meleeing on my spy :D

Eddie

t0tt3
11-04-04, 17:41
Back in the day, before LoMs were a bitch like they are now, I took to bit 'o meleeing on my spy :D

Eddie

Maan eddie your poor spy is really old :p

IceStorm
12-04-04, 03:50
I had no problem leveling my STR to 40. It was probably the first thing I capped (even before Psi). Non-tech weapons seemed to level STR faster than tech, but that may just be a matter of perception.

Recycling and Construction also level STR. Try to recycle everything you can while hunting. Solantium, Mertium, Arillium, etc, and try building some low level parts (ammo, usually - low chem requirements).

OmegaVII
12-04-04, 05:38
i also found meele was a good way to lvl my spys str , but back in the day we still had 50 str (and 50 con, only 80 dex tho) so meele was a more viable option to keep at the end(and the fact that loms didnt yet exist) , and it was fun to watch a young spy hacking a launcher to death with a laserblade 2 :) . But with my current spy im finding just getting shot at alot is lvling it up well enough, and not using armour seems to make it go along a bit quicker, and it gets the con up as well.

Birkoff
12-04-04, 06:08
Constructing is an insane way to lvl str cap it in like a few 1000 builds

amfest
12-04-04, 06:12
and it was fun to watch a young spy hacking a launcher to death with a laserblade 2 before i went HC spy i was MC. And yes I was hacking away launcher cyclops with a long laser blade II. Of course it was fun also taking down terror maulers and raptors and on occasion a doomreaper :D but now I'm HC and have fun taking down grim chasers and grim percs down rather fast without having to run away :angel:

kurai
12-04-04, 10:25
Maan eddie your poor spy is really old :pheh

Mine is about the same - created at start of retail, been lommed to hell and back, but never re-rolled. :D