PDA

View Full Version : please fix the tangent epic

Jaffo
10-04-04, 19:29
ok i have done this epic 3 times i the past and i have had no previous problems but this one is really pissing me off

i do the normal thing go to see the tangent director to get mission number 1.
i look for the diamond guy in the normal places and cant find him newhere. so i ask on help chat if ne one else knows where he could be. i get told that for sum reason he can be found in the CA HQ. i check this out and indeed he is apprently in there.

i search the whole HQ for half an hour lookign for him. the only thing i find is the arrow that apprently shows u where he is, is pointing to an empty chair. i try relogging , and zoning to get him to spawn - all fail.

so i cancel epic and start again this time he is in the DRE shope in p1 but wen i click him he tells me to go away so i restart again. this happnes a furthee 8 times and tbh its gettign me quite mad.

surely there is something that can be done to fix this stupid problem plz

thanks in advance

J. Folsom
10-04-04, 19:32
There's 5 floors to the CA HQ, floors 2 and 4 are, however, a pain to get to as you need to get out in the middle of a gravlift.
The DRE floor in CA HQ is on the second floor.

Jaffo
10-04-04, 19:34
i know but i searched the WHOLE hq for half an hour lookign on every floor - people said he was on the second floor which was also where the arrow was ponting to , but it only pointed to an empty chair and desk which is where he may usually be but he wasnt

(also he was not in any of the other DRE places)

J. Folsom
10-04-04, 19:40
In that case, if you take the epic again, it should be a random DRE guy in another location.

Jaffo
10-04-04, 20:12
as i said in my first post i did this 8 times and when the npc wasnt 'invisble' in the ca hq he just that i had no business seeing him

J. Folsom
10-04-04, 20:13
That's because not every time you do the epic the NPC is in the CA HQ.

He's randomly picked from all DRE vendors throughout Neocron.

notneo
11-04-04, 17:48
got past first 2 parts of tangent epic now stuck,as i cant find catlock bay,and when in the right sector e 12??? i can only find tg gaurds wich shot me,does any one now where to go plz??

El Barto
13-04-04, 01:39
I have done the epic twice and he has been in the CA HQ 2nd floor in a room with DRE markings, so the DRE part in CA HQ he is in the middle of the room.

StryfeX
13-04-04, 01:52
He's one of about 5 random DRE guys. I think I had him tell me to buzz off once as well... I don't remember what I did to get through it though. Maybe talk to Figaro first?

As for finding Catlock Bay, it's one zone south of Cycrow Lab. Approach the zone from the south on the road and make your way a little north until you see a big tower on the right. Either on the first level of the tower or somewhere close by on the ground, you will find Gruber. Talk to him and head out. There are also TG guards near there, but if you keep your distance, they shouldn't pose a threat. Biggest risk is usually while you're in conversation with Gruber (PKer, newly-spawned guard/mob, etc.)

--Stryfe

notneo
13-04-04, 14:32
thanks found him now im stuck on mision 4 as i cannot get into 0z8 without dieing

spongeb0b
13-04-04, 15:26
why are you going into OZ8? the npc's have been moved... i would list where but i cant remember myself heh

Thorpe
13-04-04, 15:30
thanks found him now im stuck on mision 4 as i cannot get into 0z8 without dieing

The guards will kill you in oz8 if you have positive sl.

Either get negative SL or approach oz8 from sector a-09. Your contact (Max) stands right at the NC entrance in a-09.

blaczero
13-04-04, 15:53
Thorpe is right, you do not need to go into OZ8 for max... he is out in a09 in the hallway to get into oz8 on the left side.

he is the npc for a part of the NEXT epic as well...

ezza
13-04-04, 16:19
har har many a noob has died trying to reach max that way