PDA

View Full Version : Skillmanager V2 "Public Beta"

CJB
10-04-04, 10:40
ok guys... the "public beta" from my new skillmanager can begin...

some things dont work properbly , and some things arent build in, but the main features seems to be OK...

it needs dotnet framework v1.1 installed in order tu run it, u can find the DL-Link in the Readme

DL-Link (http://home.pages.at/smoker/skillmanagerv2.zip)

if u find any bugs, feel free to mail me: Smoker@neocronnetwork.de

because smoker cant post anymore, i dot it for him in skillmanager related things now and in the future

Opar
10-04-04, 11:16
The application failed to initialize propely (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application

Um, doesnt work ^^

CJB
10-04-04, 11:22
The application failed to initialize propely (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application

Um, doesnt work ^^

read the post and the readme...

it needs dotnet framework v1.1 installed to run it

Eddie
10-04-04, 11:33
On first impressions, much more professional looking!

Has a nifty save feature too!

However, one thing I would like to see is the ability to take into imp/armour account requirements: so a spy can't put on a DS for example.

Also.. I don't know if having to flick between all the stats is a good thing: I seemed to like seeing all the stats on the screen at the same time...

EDIT: Still gotta "click" all the stats up: can't just type them in (much easier than clicking 50 times, or clicking and holding to put 50 into a stat)
EDIT: Bah.. you can't choose more than 5 drugs too for some truly mad setups! What's wrong with the checkbox system previously? :P
EDIT: It's trousers: not Throusers :P
EDIT: And why's PvP Damage in whole number percentages now? What was wrong with the unrounded values we saw in the last version?

Cheers!

Eddie

Opar
10-04-04, 11:36
My bad. Downloading the framework thing now

CJB
10-04-04, 12:20
EDIT: Still gotta "click" all the stats up: can't just type them in (much easier than clicking 50 times, or clicking and holding to put 50 into a stat)

u CAN click and hold....

the other things: time will show it ;)

Sleawer
10-04-04, 12:32
DL'ing framework right now.
I have one question that I've not seen in the readme, have you changed the health pool calculation so it is correct now?

posdata: recuerdos desde Zaragoza para toda la gente de Madrid.

CJB
10-04-04, 12:36
DL'ing framework right now.
I have one question that I've not seen in the readme, have you changed the health pool calculation so it is correct now?

its +/- 1 wich comes from rounding up or down in all tests till yet...

its the same thing like ingame when ur health jumps 1 point everytime u got full health

Sleawer
10-04-04, 13:21
- Strenghten Heart 2 is listed as +2 con instead +3 that should be
- Drone Eye 3 in the skillmanager adds +8 RCL +12 WPW when it should be +10 RCL +15 WPW

All other brain/spine/eye/glove/heart implants seem correct, you might want to re-check them. I don't have time to check more stuff now, I'll do drugs, bones and psi buffs later. Armors I leave them to you :p

/edit: People can change these things manually from the source code of the xmls tho.
/edit2: PE pistol PA4 gives +6 dex instead +5 as it should be.
/edit3: health values seem to match now.

Eddie
10-04-04, 20:04
u CAN click and hold....

the other things: time will show it ;)

I meant I would rather type it in, than click it 50 times or click and hold it, timing it to stop at 50 with the utmost jedi-like precision and accuracy... :)

But anyways, thanks for passing on the message to Smoker.. and tell him what a fine job he's doing for the community and for lazy people aka myself :D

Eddie

Vid Gamer
10-04-04, 21:24
M.O.V.E.O.N. CPU isn't listed.

I liked the other one better.

Eddie
10-04-04, 23:23
M.O.V.E.O.N. CPU isn't listed.

I liked the other one better.

Biotech MOVEON CPU is in there.. I'm sure. I've used it for my setup.

It is rather annoying to be honest, the lists are ordered alphabetically (I think?) so related objects are not grouped together (Light En Belt, Medium En, Heavy.. etc.) - making objects hard to find (or maybe I'm not used to it).

Also, can rare stuff (such as rare drugs) look differently, just as an indication it's not easy to get so people don't get the wrong impression (just an idea?) - also with rare drop imps, imps made with tech parts, and MC5 imps.

The other you couldn't save (at least my version couldn't), which made "tweaking" setups incredibly annoying :(

Eddie

Capt. Rik
11-04-04, 01:13
If you click 'About', the About box comes up successfully. Click 'Close' successfully closes it.

However, clicking 'About' again results in a crash:

************** Exception Text **************
System.ObjectDisposedException: Cannot access a disposed object named "Form1".
Object name: "Form1".
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateHandle()
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.CreateHandle()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.get_Handle()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.SetVisibleCore(Boolean value)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.SetVisibleCore(Boolean value)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.set_Visible(Boolean value)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Show()
at Skillmanager_V2.Main.MenuItem2_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItemData.Execute()
at System.Windows.Forms.Command.Invoke()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCommand(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 1.0.5000.0
Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.573
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/microsoft.net/framework/v1.1.4322/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Skillmanager V2
Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 0.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Colin/Desktop/skillmanagerv2/Skillmanager%20V2.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.windows.forms/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.windows.forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.drawing/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/system.drawing.dll
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 7.0.5000.0
Win32 Version: 7.10.3052.4
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/microsoft.visualbasic/7.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/microsoft.visualbasic.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.xml/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.xml.dll

Edit:

I'm still working through the rest of the functionality

Capt. Rik
11-04-04, 01:27
Apologies for double post. Couple more possible issues here:

I put my tank into the skill manager.

Put my Resist Xray up to 113 and with my armour/imps it gives 73.06% Protection and 8.89% PvP damage. Putting further points into Resist Xray does not change these values (whereas for Fire/Energy it seems to cap at slightly different values).

Not sure if this is correct or I may be mis-understanding this.

The points available for capped main stats is inconsistent:

Monks get INT 100 = 510 points
PSI 100 = 553 points

Tanks get STR 100 = 553 points
CON 100 = 520 points

Spys get INT 100 = 553 points
DEX 100 = 525 points

Sleawer
11-04-04, 01:44
At first glance those main skill values seem right. Notice that you start with 78 initial points in your main skills.

Monk INT should be 520 tho, like all second skills besides PEs (that do not get 100) and Spies, which get 525 in Dex.

/edit: In fact all classes have 300 main skill points, and 1585 subskill points, distributed.
/edit2: you can change it yourself from the .xml files in the skillmanager data directory.

Capt. Rik
11-04-04, 01:52
/edit: In fact all classes have 300 main skill points, and 1585 subskill points, distributed.

I've just checked that and monks only get 1575 points :( Not sure if this is a game bug or a skill manager bug tho

Sleawer
11-04-04, 01:53
Skillmanager bug, read my second edit :)

Eddie
11-04-04, 16:02
Another little bug: In my rifle spy setup, the RC skill under Dex isn't saved properly :(

EDIT: To be more specific, when you put points in RC and then save the char file, then load it back up again, your base RC is 0 - as the value doesn't seem to have saved properly. However, the skill points that would have otherwise gone towards them points are not freed either.
All other skills, so far, seem to be fine.

Eddie

sw1tch
11-04-04, 16:20
noit a bad update, comes with some nice features

however it will be hardr for people to printscreen their setup, they might have to end up posting attackments of the saved setup. The saving is really a thing that was needed. I wish you could increase skill points faster too, like hold down shift and it increases 10 per click, or ctrl increases 50 per click.

Eddie
11-04-04, 17:35
noit a bad update, comes with some nice features

however it will be hardr for people to printscreen their setup, they might have to end up posting attackments of the saved setup. The saving is really a thing that was needed. I wish you could increase skill points faster too, like hold down shift and it increases 10 per click, or ctrl increases 50 per click.

You can do a HTML export, and according to the readme.txt, the template isn't final: meaning that you can probably get a really nice tablulated HTML file out of it all, from which to link to or printscreen.

Eddie

Sleawer
11-04-04, 18:31
Just few things I found, I've listed the *real* bonuses that items should have inside brackets (x) next to the number that the skillmanager lists.
I've posted here just the wrong values, the rest are right:

Armor:

- Inquisitionhelmet 2: FOR 13 (12) PRC 13 (14) FIR 26 (33) - it gives INQ1 bonuses.
- PowerInfiltration Suit S-256 (RC PA3): X-RAY 131 (121)
- Medium Energyfield Belt: ENR 3 (5) X-RAY 3 (5)
- Medium Deflector Belt: PRC 1 (10)

Misc

Light-Medium-Heavy ENR/FIR/POR belts give PRC resist instead the FOR they should.
Crahn Powercloak APU is written as Powercloeak
Duranium Armorvest 2 is written as Armovest

I strongly believe that armors should be listed attending to their type (light/med/heavy; 1-2-3-4), and PAs set together attending to class. Monk armors especially are a mess :(

You might want to check the armor protection percent cap (76%), it is at 207 armor resists now, instead the usual 200.

PSI buffs:

Supporter Booster 1-2-3 add recycle factor +5/+10/+20 instead +4/+8/+16, and do not provide the skill points in level.

Not sure how this works... the skillmanager sets normal shelter/deflector between X and Y values depending on the dmg % achieved. However Shelter/Deflector sanctum is set in a static value between X-Y (call it Z), and Group Shelter/Deflector provide BETTER protection percents than regulars.

Bones:

Experimental Armenforcement adds +10 MC and it should be +15. The v.1.0.9. does not list MC bonus at all, so it is also bugged.

This is in addition to the previous bugs listed in this thread.
I've taken into account the rounded up/down values. I.E. 33.4 is 33; 32.6 is 33. I considered this correct.

Might be cool if anyone could re-check all the brain implants.

Sleawer
11-04-04, 22:50
Just a little update regarding PSI buffs:

Supporter 1-2-3 give the correct bonuses, which are Repair +5/+10/+20, transport +4/+12/+16 and barter +3/+6/+12. However for some unknown reason recycle also gets a +5/+10/+20 factor, that is not added to the skill level.

Constructor 1-2-3 give recycle as intended.

Eddie
12-04-04, 02:37
To be honest, I would rather you didn't round the values: even though they might be innaccurate. I want to see in more detail - which is especially important at higher resists (where each point helps less and less).

Oh. And please fix the RC bug. It's about the only critical bug in this.. as it really does mess it all up.. the others I can live with :)

Sleawer.. as someone mentioned you can edit the xml files.. care to do the honours and upload them somewhere? :D

Eddie

Sleawer
12-04-04, 02:58
Afaik NC itself rounds up/down the values, just don't give it any importance mate.
About the .xmls, unfortunately I don't have any place to upload files, I'm a simple man. But this is a beta version anyway, we just provide with bugs and errors, and he will fix it. If I'm editing these files it's because I like the new skillmanager much more, so I use it instead the old :)

/edit: and yea the RC bug is a bit annoying.

Capt. Rik
12-04-04, 23:26
I've just put in a capped tank's CON setup into both the old skill manager and the new version.

Both chars are wearing exactly the same armour and imps.

Skill Manager v1 CON (http://unischemistry.50megs.com/Skillmanager%20v1%20con.JPG)

Skill Manager v2 CON (http://unischemistry.50megs.com/Skillmanager%20v2%20con.JPG)

As you can see, the protection and PvP damage values are different.

Eddie
13-04-04, 00:21
I'm sure NC sums up the actual values and uses them, but only shows whole values to simplify things.

That 0.4 here and there surely must help.. :P

On another note, I've changed my own XML files (which isn't that hard to do) to update the data values to their correct ones.

Regarding this rounding damage thing: it all stems to the fact that the data xmls are in whole numbers too: so having accurate absorbtion values won't amount to much.

Another thing: editing the saved file to add in the RC doesn't work either.. please fix it. Like I said.. it's a real show stopper :(

EDIT: After seeing Capt. Rik's screenie.. damage absorbtions are only shown as whole number values if you are using shelter/deflector... in case people wonder what I'm on about :P

EDIT2: Another little annoying bug is that when you have "negative" skills... As we know, the minimum skill value is 0, rather than negative. I have Spy PA on, as well as Exp Heart 1 which takes away your xray resist. However, I have no xray resist, yet the skill manager takes -5 away from 0, resulting in a resist of -5. Which is taken into account when calculating armour values, too.

EDIT3: Oh.. and just because no-one has mentioned it yet.. the stamina values are not calculated properly. Yet. :)

Eddie

Sleawer
13-04-04, 00:42
Comparing both...

- Armors provide the same resistance values (aside the med enr belt PRC/FOR issue mentioned.. altho is funny to see a tank wearing med enr belt :p)
- 101+ armor and natural resists differ in protection percents and resist values respectively. This is due a change in the calculation done per skill point above 100 in both natural and armor resists.

So 100+1 natural won't give you the same armor resist value as the previous skillmanager, and 100+1 armor won't give you the same protection percent compared with the previous skillmanager.

Don't know what the heck have you done with those armor values, you should get the same resist numbers in any skill which is not 100+1+ in NATURAL (bare force/pierce due the belt bug, use another belt). In your x-ray as it is overcapped it doesn't matter, so you get the same value.

Note the difference between armor VALUES (armor resist number) and Protection (armor protection).

Btw, I have noticed that with the new skillmanager natural resists cap at 113 instead 114.

/edit: for easier understanding
/edit2: Eddie, at 100+ natural resists 1 point = 0'2% added protection, where as 1-25 = 0'64%. And this is the average, probably those values aren't even linear. Those 0'4 resists points are completely neglective, just forget it already mate.
/edit3: Don't get me wrong tho, as much accurate the better, but even counting those points I would not expect any noticiable change in those values.
/edit4: well actually this is moot, because at 'certain' points natural resists have a higher impact into armor resists... so yes if you get your natural resists so high (100+), 0'4 would worth quite a bit.
Just saying it before someone clever points it out and I get embarassed :p

Capt. Rik
13-04-04, 13:39
altho is funny to see a tank wearing med enr belt :p

As opposed to?? There are only 2 belts a tank can wear.

Sleawer
13-04-04, 13:52
Well, considering med energy belt requires 65 int, I'd rather wear medium energyfield belt with my tank :p

Btw, edit 1&2 reffer to ARMOR resists, not natural. Don't know what were I thinking last night to write that bad. Edit4 is when I finally managed to confuse myself completely and mixed both terms, armors give armor resists... damn I had a bad night :\

Capt. Rik
13-04-04, 14:01
lol my bad - got them the wrong way round :lol:

El_MUERkO
13-04-04, 17:42
I'm pretty sure my PE is using and Experimental Smart Cyber Eye 4 and not the standard Smart Cyber Eye 4, the experimental giving less negatives, I might be mistaken will check when i get home.

Maarten
13-04-04, 20:03
Experimental Smart Cyber Eye??? Never seen/heard of it. Please check... :)

Will the download be updated when bugs are fixed?

DonnyJepp
14-04-04, 07:40
3 features it needs:

add a field showing experience points for the primary skills so that it can:

simulate lomming to project experience and level loss,

and also let us put in setpoints or target levels for different skills indicating that at a certain point no more points are wanted for a particular skill.

joran420
14-04-04, 08:31
skill manager says i only have 80 poke when i clearly have 84