PDA

View Full Version : Edumakate me about the Ravager.

Liebestoter
10-04-04, 01:04
Although I recently reactivated my account and have been playing NC, I still know jack about the Ravager besides that it's a rare plasma wave.

Does it suck? If it doesn't, how viable of a PvP weapon is it?
How rare is it?

SorkZmok
10-04-04, 01:10
its easier to get than a cs. the dmg is less. the aiming is awesome. and i have to admit i loose to that gun more often than to a cs. o_O

Tratos
10-04-04, 01:11
It does less damage than a CS but what it lacks in damage compared to the CS it deffinetly makes up in range

and excellent tank sniper weapon :D

~Tratos

Scikar
10-04-04, 01:12
It's a viable alternative to CS, which says a lot really since until recently anything that was anywhere CS was deemed overpowered. If you have good aim and can land every shot, CS is your bag. If you're not quite that good you can get better results with Rav because it'll still hit with a half reticle, unlike CS. It's also good for mid-range, dealing considerably more damage than STORM Laser. At OP fights it's a mix. Rav is good like all ranged weapons for softening people up before a strike, but it's not quite got the punch of CS for when you get a damage boosted PPU and have a quick chance to lay into him.

Verdict: Just as good as CS for most situations, certainly viable. I personally use it a lot when fighting stealth PEs out near MB, it has enough firepower to outmatch the average high-tech PE setup, but the accuracy helps loads in getting off the final split-second shot to finish them before they stealth away, plus you can hit them from further away when they're between stealths.

It is however fairly rare since it's a relatively new gun, though since it wasn't bugged and overpowered it's kind of been in the shadow of the Dev.

Vid Gamer
10-04-04, 01:13
Very viable PvP gun when used in the right situation.

I have picked off many sniping Spies with it. :D

Black_Ice
10-04-04, 03:09
Recently got one for my tank and even though mine was a decent build, I like it better then my CS, since as its been stated, it fires at half-reticle and is highly accurate. Also as stated, it's the Tank's prefered sniper weapon, a little less power then CS, but the accuracy I believe makes up for it. The only other downside is that it fires a little slower then CS, but again range+accuracy is a deadly mix.

Shadow Dancer
10-04-04, 03:14
I saw megaman kick ass with it.

Lanigav
10-04-04, 03:59
Ravager rocks, and is better than the CS IMO because the shots are more accurate and hit more often, isntead of having 2 out of 4 plasma gobs missing and getting lower damage. Also great for helping to soften up and thin out your enemies during op fights, especially in the beginning offensive.