PDA

View Full Version : Little green dot.

JackScratch
09-04-04, 23:14
Could someone explain the little green dot that says "jackscratch is an unknown quantity" when I hove my arrow over it, in the player description next to number of posts beside my posts on these forums?

ezza
09-04-04, 23:17
its your reputation, if people give you good or bad rep it changes

JackScratch
09-04-04, 23:18
Ah, I see. Has that always been there? Is "is an unknown quantity" good bad neutral?

ezza
09-04-04, 23:20
been there since they changed the forum, unknown quantity i think is what you start with not sure though

Scikar
09-04-04, 23:48
Hit user control panel in the top left and you can see a list of the recent reputation comments you've received. Currently a comment is not required, but the whole system is due for a review and a vote when the mods are happy with the rest of the forum.

Opar
09-04-04, 23:56
"Scikar will become famous soon enough"

:p

Scikar
10-04-04, 00:29
Awww damn, when people see that they're gonna give me bad rep. :(

I was hoping nobody would notice it. :p

Opar
10-04-04, 00:45
Gimme some rep then, so I can de-rep you :P

Scikar
10-04-04, 00:48
I can't. I give people plus rep whenever I think they've made a good post, regardless of whether I agree with it or not. As a result I now cannot give anyone rep for a 24 hour break. :p

Opar
10-04-04, 00:49
Define 'good'

MrChumble
10-04-04, 00:55
Define 'good'

My criteria are well thought out posts, with arguements clearly presented. Use of grammar and punctuation gain extra points on the sex-o-meter.

Either that or the post makes me laugh. If I get a good chuckle out of it they could be an albanian yak writing their post in urine using ancient sanskrit for all I care :D

Scikar
10-04-04, 00:56
A post that strikes me, and makes me think, "Hey, he clearly knows what he wants to say, he's backed it up, he's not arguing for the sake of arguing and he's not posting anything confusing". Especially if it's a completely unique point of view which makes me rethink my opinion on something, or a new idea which would bring a real benefit, as opposed to a "Wouldn't it be cool if..." idea.

Sleawer
10-04-04, 01:50
Scikar can you take out that part of "...not posting anything confusing"?
Else people is not going to give me good rep. ever :p