PDA

View Full Version : Droner Set-up

xenocide
09-04-04, 21:51
my friend is making a spy droner and I have no clue how to help him, if someone could please post a droner set-up that would be great...

thanks for the help =D
xenocide

Oath
09-04-04, 22:12
Depends, if he wants to go full drone then all into willpower and Remote control.

having stealth as a droner is really helpfull sometimes, as for con setup, dont think it really matters if he gets found hes dead anyway unless he gets stealthed or he kills the attacker with his drone first.

brackk
10-04-04, 01:52
Depends, if he wants to go full drone then all into willpower and Remote control.

having stealth as a droner is really helpfull sometimes, as for con setup, dont think it really matters if he gets found hes dead anyway unless he gets stealthed or he kills the attacker with his drone first.

Other than haveing tradeskills to support droning, (HUGE expence in running a droner) i second what oath says. With the only exception being that stealth is quite necessary at least for my playstyle.

amfest
10-04-04, 02:08
I've been very very curious on how well a combat hovertech droner would work out. Weight doesn't matter much on a vehicle. you can pull up to gogu at racetrack. buy ammo there. so if people are getting close to your body andyou've weakened them enough couldn't it be like having your 2nd weapon and you can constantly do fly bys til they are dead or fly away really really fast from them? I mean it's not pratical I guess but it sounds like alot of fun to me. ;)

Birkoff
10-04-04, 02:53
Specced for stealth 1 when droned, but never found it expensive :/ U can do the whole grave with like 1 punisher and 1 mosquito. While ur lvling u only need like 2 or 3 of each drone. Made a shed load killing warbots.

Speced for stealth 1 and no real tradeskill, about 60 hacking, remmeber that RC is 15% of the skill used for hacking or something.

brackk
10-04-04, 03:02
Specced for stealth 1 when droned, but never found it expensive :/ U can do the whole grave with like 1 punisher and 1 mosquito. While ur lvling u only need like 2 or 3 of each drone. Made a shed load killing warbots.

Speced for stealth 1 and no real tradeskill, about 60 hacking, remmeber that RC is 15% of the skill used for hacking or something.

Expense is not in leveling or mob hunting drones last forever on those. Cost of drone replacement in pvp or op fighting is what i meant.

Birkoff
10-04-04, 03:07
Expense is not in leveling or mob hunting drones last forever on those. Cost of drone replacement in pvp or op fighting is what i meant.

Not really :/ all the rare drones cost under a K to make. I'm in DarK on pluto I used/lost a lot of drones :) Go hunting for half hour and U've made the money for like 30 drones :/.

brackk
10-04-04, 03:19
Not really :/ all the rare drones cost under a K to make. I'm in DarK on pluto I used/lost a lot of drones :) Go hunting for half hour and U've made the money for like 30 drones :/.

Fortunately (:P) im on pluto rare cst drones run 20k to 100k each. Hence i make my own. Every once in a blue moon someone sells them for 5k in which case ill buy um cause rare drones are a bitch to res/cst.

(edit)
misread your post thought you meant you were on saturn have your cst'er dm brackk if he's selling drones for 1k :P Construction greese for 1 try at a raptor is more than 1k and at 180cst i fail one in 3 drones.......

mr murb
10-04-04, 04:08
1) First off I see no reason for a new droner to take their LE out until they really need the head slot or they want to start pvp. You won’t get hit so hopefully you won’t need to be healed by a ppu. With a LE you don’t have to worry about pk’ers and can use area effect drones all you want.

2) Don’t go into the sewers with a drone. They are not drone friendly. Melee in the sewer until get a little dex (and con and str) then go outside. It is easier to drone outside. Lots of 25-30 mob on the SW side of the map. No doors, no water, no grates, just better.

3) Dex at the start put it in RCL (maybe a little for a bike to get GR’s) you don’t need to walk fast. And you won’t be walking far anyway.

4) Intell = will power. Or add a trade skill. I would choose construct over research. For the str benefit.

5) Con and str a new droner won’t have much of either. Con I would put in body health and running speed. Str = transport. Less important now since they reduced the weight of drones.

6) Missions: (assuming you can go to MB bunker) your starting faction sym will be 50, wait until you can kill Cyclops so you get more xp for psi and you don’t have go into the sewers. With the right drone you don’t even have to leave the MB entrance and run, just fly the drone up and back.

7) After the 25-30 mobs and the 50 cyclops you will have with lots of points in RCL and WPW thus you will have a high combat rank. Go into chaos caves and team. I had no problem going into the chaos caves as a LE droner; no poison resist and no armor. Just stay well back from the front line. I never died.

8) Dex drugs use them to use higher drones.

9) Punisher + graves = good. Now with getting team xp based on where drone and you are, I don’t know if other caves are better with teams. But with no team available graves is better (with punisher.)

10) Stealth I use it. It cuts down on the dieing. It just makes it easier to get places. And leave places. Oh, op being over run with enemies. I think I will just drop my drone and go home. Wait until you want to PVP.

11) Con err don’t know. You get xray from armor, energy / fire from belt. I went for speed. I have been hit while droning. I see red and I read “your armor has been damaged” I drop drone and stealth. I have lived. But I have also died.

12) Hovertech VCH =25 good to put your body in hard to reach places. Not so good in the flat lands you can’t stealth very well. Do this when you want to PVP.

13) Repair skill you don’t really need it. If on a multi character server have an alt do it.

14) Getting rare drones made. I have alts that do it. I assume it is really a pain if you don’t make your own. Because even making your own sucks because of the boredom.

xenocide
10-04-04, 04:27
Thanks a bunch for the help everyone =D...

xenocide

Brammers
10-04-04, 11:14
You often find most droners tradeskill as well. My leveling tips.

1) First hours level in the Cellars with beggers - there is one in Yo's in Plaza 2.
2) Aggie pit once you can use MR50's
3) Then at some point, level on cyclops at the zone next to Chester lab. Take plenty of very hard missions to build up your STR/CON/PSI
4) As soon as you can use a RG100 drone, head to Graves and level there. You can use a RG50 but I found it not powerful enough and a little too weak against the snake's bite.