PDA

View Full Version : Neocronicle V4-4/2 Discussion

Callash
09-04-04, 18:44
Here (http://www.neocron.com/index.php?name=NeoContent&op=modload&file=index&pageID=214) is the latest Neocronicle. Big thanks to all the Freelance writers that provided enough stuff for the longest Neocronicle ever 8|

Enjoy the easter weekend :)

Dribble Joy
09-04-04, 18:45
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!

Phlith
09-04-04, 18:47
what a pleasant suprise, geil. :D

Shadow Dancer
09-04-04, 19:14
Nice. I like the article about weapon training from CA. I wonder if it will be related to anything ingame.

O_O

Sleawer
09-04-04, 19:19
I wonder what's the deal with Warbots...

Zu (Pluto)
09-04-04, 19:23
Nice, Callash.

Zu

Dribble Joy
09-04-04, 19:23
Indeed, It has me all aquiver with... aquiverness....

Heavyporker
09-04-04, 19:31
mmmm, yes, an informative article. I'm eagerly awaiting my return to Neocron City to root out stuff.

And the deal with warbots is very well known, its in the history books.

I assume some CityAdmin clans will take up the training courses. I especially am curious in some knife-fighting... I should get some stilettos made in advance... at least get a two-slotter for modding.

Cytaur
09-04-04, 19:59
I'm interested in that recycle drive, great stuff. And I was so surprised to find out that Warbots are just some "mechs suits" ? o_O

Omnituens
09-04-04, 20:13
someone didnt read the NC History...

J. Folsom
09-04-04, 20:16
I wouldn't trust those HEW buggers further then you can throw them*. They'll probably use all your junk just to try and take over Neocron City!

*That doesn't count for GenTanks.

Maarten
09-04-04, 20:31
Great Neocronicle, but how much of this will we actually see in the game? I remember some time ago that Protopharm was looking for Mutated Limbs, but the NPC for that was never spawned.
I love to participate in this kind of things, but I need to know what to do exactly...

And are they going to recycle things? They can start with the junk that is sold in the shops. I still don't understand why all the shops are selling poor quality weapons but are advertising with "best quality equipment".

Marx
09-04-04, 20:55
Great Neocronicle, but how much of this will we actually see in the game? I remember some time ago that Protopharm was looking for Mutated Limbs, but the NPC for that was never spawned.
I love to participate in this kind of things, but I need to know what to do exactly...

And are they going to recycle things? They can start with the junk that is sold in the shops. I still don't understand why all the shops are selling poor quality weapons but are advertising with "best quality equipment".Well, there are all sorts of bins around the HEW shops now.

Just remember that things like the Neocronicle don't always have to influence the players at all times, they need to present atmosphere. They need to explain the world around the players and to make them feel as though they're part of something bigger. The city of Neocron is supposed to have a large populace, and the players only make up a chunk of it.

As to HEW selling crappy weapons, maybe theres a trade regulation. Since the possesion of weapons is hard to control if the standard market only sells crappy weapons, then there's a good chance that the City Admin and NCPD would have to go up against crap weapons.

;)

Sleawer
09-04-04, 21:22
I wonder what's the deal with Warbots...

Translated for heavyporker:

I wonder if they are planning something interesting with Warbots.

thx.

Opar
09-04-04, 21:23
Great issue.

BunkerBoy
09-04-04, 21:34
very informative issue. Was happy to see alot of specific faction info listed especially with Saturn Server.

nobby
09-04-04, 21:41
Excuse Me Callash, But Where Is The News On Uranus?

This Is Stupid!
Never Anything Happens!

Marx
09-04-04, 22:39

This Is Stupid!
Never Anything Happens!
He can only publish the things people submit, so get crackin'.

;)

Tratos
09-04-04, 22:53
Excellent read, the warbot situation sounds very interesting, which way will it go though, thats what im wondering, heh

Great Work Callash and the Freelance Writers!

Good job.

~Tratos

Geth
09-04-04, 23:08
Nice issue, and looks like HEW is profiting from the increase in recycle/salvage skill use. I noticed a while ago I no longer need a very high recycle skill to salvage basic weapon parts out of junk weapons. the recycle rate isn't super, but its better then it used to be.

I so hope they do something fun with the Warbots. It would be sweet if runners could hack active WB and use them as temporary armor/vehicles. The only problem is trying to stop the damn WB from going hostile at the hacker. :confused:

Ulle
09-04-04, 23:16

This Is Stupid!
Never Anything Happens!

The Server specific articles are wrote by people who play on that server and are happy to spend a little of their time by writing something based on their server. If nothing comes in from Uranus the only people to blame are the Uranus players.

This is not just KK's or Callash's Neocronicle, it is the communities.

(I feel like I am repeating myself or something......oh wait, I am!)

Brammers
10-04-04, 01:38
I so hope they do something fun with the Warbots. It would be sweet if runners could hack active WB and use them as temporary armor/vehicles. The only problem is trying to stop the damn WB from going hostile at the hacker. :confused:

Our various departments in Phoenix have noticed a drop in Warbots in the north wasteland sectors.

However since the reported findings are by Tangent Scientists and the current poor relationships, we wish to offer no further comment.

Brammers
CEO Phoenix Ltd
Vice Chairman to Fallen Angels

nobby
10-04-04, 02:33
The Server specific articles are wrote by people who play on that server and are happy to spend a little of their time by writing something based on their server. If nothing comes in from Uranus the only people to blame are the Uranus players.

This is not just KK's or Callash's Neocronicle, it is the communities.

(I feel like I am repeating myself or something......oh wait, I am!)

sorry, i thought it was like the gm's doing all the work. :(

Callash
10-04-04, 02:36
I was wondering the same thing, why didn't you submit anything?

BACKATCHA!!! :D

t0tt3
10-04-04, 04:10
sorry, i thought it was like the gm's doing all the work. :(

:lol: at you Uranus players...

Is that planet dead or is it just me? All the time when a Neocronicle or a NEMA goes out I see several Uranus players scream out "WHY NO URANUS INFO!!!!" Maybe you dont have any RPG players "looks at Oath :p" He should maybe bribe Daene :lol: :D

But Nobby surprise us next time take the pen and make a story and win the pultzer price :D

Cytaur
10-04-04, 08:13
oh now I found it.....

Ceres, too, instructs his researchers to work on new military equipment. They develop a new kind of walking vehicle, a powered giant of metal, equipped with numerous weapons and piloted by humans from inside its massive body. This new kind of field weapon is called WarBot by its developers. Furthermore they work on a new mass destruction system on the basis of the former atomic bomb.

Darth Slayer
12-04-04, 11:37
Me goes Hunting for Tangent Technicians............ :D

Scorpius.

Edit........ How do u submit I can think some things up for Uranus.

Maarten
12-04-04, 11:41
Well, there are all sorts of bins around the HEW shops now. ;)

Ok, and what am I supposed to do with them? They don't seem any different then all other rusty boxes already in the game.

Cytaur
12-04-04, 12:31
I deposited lots of various stuff at local HEW and on next day the box reset itself O_O

Marx
12-04-04, 16:27
Ok, and what am I supposed to do with them? They don't seem any different then all other rusty boxes already in the game.
Do you understand the idea of 'atmosphere'?

0_o

G.0.D.
12-04-04, 23:34
Oh My God I Want Warbot Pa !!!!
!!!
!
!
!
!!!!!
!!!!!

Garg [RogueNET]
13-04-04, 19:05
We did our best at holding McPherson... hehe nice fighting all who attended =)

Agent FunHead
14-04-04, 12:15
Quote From Neocronicle

CityAdmin starts a new Event Info Service

.............................. by Randolph Bennet
[X] Jupiter | [X] Uranus | [X] Saturn | [X] Pluto

The CityAdmin announces a new service for the Neocron citizens. It will inform the runners about planned and coming events and make advertising for the events. For doing this, the CityAdmin will free some employees and put them in public places.

End Quote

they will free some employees? the employees of CA are Slaves!!!

Quote From Neocronicle
Janitors all outraged

.............................. by Sandra Lane

After last weeks reports of CityAdmin's drastic measures against the striking janitor workforce, the department chief of internal city districts gave us a statement.

End Quote

wtf NC isnt cleaned by robots O_o some future city this is! I hope DoY has Janitor Robots or i quit!

Quote From Neocronicle
City Mercs now City Vultures?

.............................. by Julian D. Mercator
[ ] Jupiter | [ ] Uranus | [X] Saturn | [ ] Pluto

Then during a defense-fight against attacking TG clans a group of City Mercs showed up and attacked the fighting NExT Members who already had a hard fight with TG. The CM Clan then hacked the OP and wanted a ransom to give it back.

End Quote

hahaha thats the sort of thing I always thought a Diamond Real Estate Clan should do. Hack OPs & then Auction them to any buyer hehehe

Well Thats my stoned observasions of teh day

BonG :o

jiga
15-04-04, 01:30
yeah make us some mechs already :rolleyes: :)

XSuneX
15-04-04, 02:44
Quote From Neocronicle

CityAdmin starts a new Event Info Service

.............................. by Randolph Bennet

The CityAdmin announces a new service for the Neocron citizens. It will inform the runners about planned and coming events and make advertising for the events. For doing this, the CityAdmin will free some employees and put them in public places.

End Quote :) :) :) :) :) Oh I'm Sooooo Happy. :) :) :) :) :)