PDA

View Full Version : MJS : If I could Change one thing...

___T-X____
09-04-04, 17:30
First off, ive been playing a long time. I want to say I like the new ideas of Guards being made stronger - I never liked TG walking around Plaza 1, or Pro city in TG etc. As a n00b it didnt make sense - well done for making this better.

But this fucking GR situation, I for one consider myself to be a PvP'er, good or not, doesnt matter - but im not going to gimp myself for vehicle use. simple as.

By making the GR's basically locked by a clan, it has made it really difficult to get around (its been said before) but now, more and more people like myself will not gimp them PvP setup for vehicle use. SO weve got into this shitty situation where the decent players that want to get to the fights join the bigger clan because its easier to get around and thye stand more chance of a fight and dont have to gimp to Vehicle use. *this was ok for a while*

But unfortunatly the stronger clans have emerged through this and have basically locked every GR down and made it a shitty vicious circle. The GR situation is awful.

I remember the days where small clans could get together at one GR or a combination of GR's and combine to attack a clan because all GR's were open.

This doesnt happen anymore.

All that happens is.....well, take a look at the maps.

Please take a look at the GR situation, or rework its back to be open, if only for one patch before DoY, so thta you can test what would be better. At6 the moment, things imo, are dire, and this is a major reason.

SorkZmok
09-04-04, 17:38
I think if there was another free genrep at the desert racetrack, it would be fine. Cause then you could get to every op there is. You just have to walk a bit but theres no problem in that.
About that thing with everyone joining the big clans, i dunno. But i think thats rather ppl joining the winning team than being too lazy to walk a bit.

Scikar
09-04-04, 17:41
Maybe HackNet will offer a solution?

I don't honestly think the old system was any better. Under the old system it was so easy to ninja hack, you GR to OP, hack it, GR directly to next OP on the other side of the map, hack that, and so on, you could get 3 OPs fully hacking within a few minutes with 3 spies working together and you could do it without ever meeting an enemy. At the same time, clans held OPs all over the map, e.g. CM always held Tezla on Saturn.

I don't want the old system back, though at the same time I can see why people don't like the current system. There must be a compromise somewhere.

Benjie
09-04-04, 17:46
Maybe HackNet will offer a solution?

Good point, and if not, a good suggestion.

I think clans should be rewarded for keeping Gen Reps open with more income from the outpost. This can be done by increasing the amount of money received when a person who is not in the faction uses the GR. This in turn could be acheived by increasing the cost to Gen Rep to hostile faction GR's.

Scikar
09-04-04, 17:56
Here's an idea. Remember that thread where someone suggested that OPs should cost money? How about you get income for keeping a GR open, on top of the income you get from poeple's GR fees, but you have to pay to keep the GR closed?

hivemind
09-04-04, 18:17
Wait, I thought something like that got implemented? That clans would get the GR fees from GRs at ops they owned. It wasn't done?

Also, most large clans have more money than god, so I doubt this would change anything...

Scikar
09-04-04, 18:21
Yes, they currently get a third of the money every time someone GRs to an OP they own. But that's only if it's open. It should cost money to lock the GR down, with friend only costing a fair amount, and clan only costing loads. I think that could work.

Spartan
09-04-04, 18:47
Any solution that involves monetary cost will not work. There is so much money floating around that it is worthless. I know people that spend 150+ mil credits at the drop of the hat without even blinking. And that is one person, imagine how much their entire clan has.... I say open the damn things back up. I am bored as hell because I can't get to the areas I want to play in anymore.

Scikar
09-04-04, 18:56
...so a significant cost on keeping GRs closed will decrease the amount of free cash floating about.

Xaru
09-04-04, 19:03
I think the major problem is, that even your faction members sometimes fight against you. And so many people lock down to clan only. With DOY and the change of F6, maybe many problems will be solved, since you dont have friends that are enemies anymore. Hopefully there will be a better trust between allies and so the GRs will be made available for friends. Then it will be alot easier to get about. Maybe the system needs a better way to control access. Maybe even on faction, clan and runner basis, so you can really choose who may acces, an who may not.

But lets wait and see what DOY brings, because i generally like the idea of locking down GRs, even if it means i cant eally use any of them :)

Regards
Xaru

Heavyporker
09-04-04, 19:05
yeah, something like 10k a HOUR per OP that the GR is closed to non-clan... and the OP income is negated from the closed GR as well... and the Vendors have left (because of the severe lockdown and lack of clients)

so 240k a day in straight cash loss, huge inconvience in lack of onsite vending...

I think that would be a good spot to start at.

alig
09-04-04, 19:07
MJS said pre patch to about #194 "They was supposed to be a GR at racetrack, I'll get onto it for next patch straight away" heh.

___T-X____
09-04-04, 21:04
Hey, im not the man with all the answers, but I think the people in thread that ive played with wont be using Dex for Vehicle use hey Ali & Hivemind ?

If they implemented the GR's they promised then maybe it wouldnt be so bad - I reall hate the situation with CRP being controlled by Cycrow, this is especially bad. Great a GR at Battle dome, but theres not much there, it needs a serious rework.

hivemind
09-04-04, 21:39
Driving is for spies.

And melee tanks.

And PPUs.

Offensive combat characters don't drive, certainly not PE's and HC tanks.

Agility > VEH use

Scikar
09-04-04, 22:01
I think H-C tanks can still afford it. A hovertec costs at most 5 agility, considering how high AGL already is on a H-C tank that's insignificant. Personally I use a hovertec these days as my own form of stealth tool. I'm sick to death of fighting stealth PEs who run off to heal again and again and again until eventually I only have a quarter of my HP left when they come back and they finally have a chance. So now I have a hovertec to drive off on and do the same to them.

EDIT: I can mostly agree with PEs, though it's still only a little pistol/rifle combat to sacrifice for the increased mobility. As a clan is it really so hard for every 5th player to have a driver char so they can roll over to an OP in APCs?

Zeph0n
09-04-04, 23:59
Point is if you dont like the GR situation you get your clan to take that op so you guys can then use the ops services and also use it as a vantage point to go and level and such. The ops are tools for people to use. If someone else is using the tool take it from them so your clan can use it otherwise theres no reason to cry that someones not sharing. The simple fix is not to complain to KK so that they open it for you. The simple fix is to do somethign about it which is also a big part of the game. It revolves around the players and what they do. If you want something they do something for it.

You play a game. You dont complain to have someone change the rules of the game so you dont have to deal wiht that aspect of it.

Archeus
10-04-04, 00:01
Not sure why people think they have to gimp themselves driving the lowest level craft. Is a couple of points going to destroy your character?

XSuneX
10-04-04, 00:03
I think if there was another free genrep at the desert racetrack, it would be fine. Cause then you could get to every op there is. You just have to walk a bit but theres no problem in that.
About that thing with everyone joining the big clans, i dunno. But i think thats rather ppl joining the winning team than being too lazy to walk a bit.

Yeah GR at the RT. Why is it not already there? What? Someone doeasn't like the GR at the RT?

Spartan
10-04-04, 00:56
Point is if you dont like the GR situation you get your clan to take that op so you guys can then use the ops services and also use it as a vantage point to go and level and such. The ops are tools for people to use. If someone else is using the tool take it from them so your clan can use it otherwise theres no reason to cry that someones not sharing. The simple fix is not to complain to KK so that they open it for you. The simple fix is to do somethign about it which is also a big part of the game. It revolves around the players and what they do. If you want something they do something for it.

You play a game. You dont complain to have someone change the rules of the game so you dont have to deal wiht that aspect of it.

I agree, but unfortunately it does not work in actual implementation. You are in a 10 person clan and want to go hunt out a particular OP. Well all the OP's in that area are owned by an 80+ person clan. You aren't going to win. As well as the fact that the majority of the map is cut off by DoY/Storm bots atm, keeping you from getting to that OP to even attempt trying to take it. Its just not practical to have that attitude with the current state of affairs in Neocron. Especially not now, when the populace of Neocron is so obviously starving for content. When actually there is plenty of content, you just can't get there to see it. Tons of people have left because they were bored, maybe if they could experience the entire world instead of the 5 sectors they have reasonable access to they would not.

And trust me, those 8, 10 person clans, are just as important to keep interested in the game as that 1 80 person clan.

___T-X____
10-04-04, 01:03
Originally Posted by Zeph0n <---- He's in FF, the Biggest clan on Pluto.

Currently they are 'giving' Op's to smaller clans because they are so powerful.

Serious, read RPG forums for Pluto

Edit/ No slurr at FF or Z, its just an example of how fucked it is.