PDA

View Full Version : Radiation and the desert

naimex
09-04-04, 07:34
I just seen "12 Monkeys", as people who have seen it would know..

due to a virus itīs not safe to be outside, you have to wear all sorts of air sealed suits..

neocron is not plagued by a virus..

itīs plagued by the radiation after the great war....

the judgement day war...

it has been said, mentioned even requested and reasoned for many times before, everytime unsuccessfull..

Yet as the blind shall see, and the mute shall speak and the deaf shall hear..

so will I in my naivity try once again, to make the deaf hear...

The world is surrounded by radiation, yet we do not suffer from it..

In general what I propose is.....

-Sell air..
-*Setup a script for certain zones..

*: The script should apply for certain zones, which in terms of definition has no correct answer to which..

That script shall link to a third party Tool, a rebreather, or whatever you wish to call it..

A tool (perhaps an armorpart) allowing the runner to travel in these zones (if wearing that armorpart (or wearing a full set of armor) to block off the radiation and to breathe in the armor, without getting radiated..

but as I write this, my mind becomes aware of the potentials that lies herein..

If you go ahead, to make the radiated world, actually be radiated..

If you make it have to wear a certain tool or armor to travel without harm in affected zones, then without doubt it will make sense when I say that those who do not have this, will get radioactive stacks on them..

This is where the "sell air" steps in.

A sealed suit, blocking off radiation, would also be airsealed to prevent the airborne radioactivity that will not settle down upon the unsteady deserty surface that most of the earth has become.

So air is sold to keep you alive..

This would require another bar next to hlt, sta and psi... o-2...

This would continue my mind further in..

Until you come to a very old invention even for the real time..

Decontamination Chambers..

The world is filled with radiation yet not a single shower, or decontamination chamber can be found (not to mention toilets).

And the list goes on with possibilities..

But as so many before me have done, so do I know that I am speaking for the deaf, hoping for them to hear..

Even though my chances are equal to 0.

I love the game, and that is why I bother with this.. it has so much more potential.. it just needs to be taken care off..

But anything great comes from hard work...........

This is hard work....

And I can almost guarantee it to be great..

So hear my preaching, hear my words.. and listen.. once you have understood whats in my mind.. you will no longer be deaf.. you will be listening, able to hear... you will become a believer..... so believe me.. it will be worth the effort to make and put in the game.

Thank you for listening.

naimex

Oh and by the way, with compliments of the community, I will show how serious I am with this.. Iīm gonna make a real poll to this idea.

And I would like you to rate it 5 stars, if you too believe.

Kenjuten
09-04-04, 07:55
As serious as you may be, bud, I think you just need sleep. =P

It's 6am over there or something, no?

naimex
09-04-04, 08:00
actually its 8 am.. and its been a few days since i slept..

great things come in moments of clarity...

clarity is when your instincts make the decisions for you instead of your thoughts..

This was my clarity, and I wanted to share it.

And even though I doubt it will be done.. it is, and always will be.. something great.

Kenjuten
09-04-04, 08:23
Oh, no, I agree it was a very good show.

It's just the way you were writing gave me the impression you were tired and sluggish...

Benjie
09-04-04, 09:52
I would prefere it happened like Fallout did it. Radiated zones make you radiated, and if you hang around in them your going to slowly loose health, unless you take Rad-X or Rad-Away. (nc equivalents tho)

Selling air is a good idea. It could be headgear.

Cytaur
09-04-04, 10:03
don't ridicule Naimex, this thing is not only brilliant, but also adds to "immersion"... Come on you fools, what kind of wasteland is it without radiation ?

t0tt3
09-04-04, 11:14
Project Entropia does have the same thing in PvP zones you need to take a pill "that cost a ―$ :p" Then you can enter the zone and not die just when you entered...

Think it could work in NC to make it in a bad place like MC5 of something :D

Aziraphale
09-04-04, 14:06
I only want to see radiation introduced if radioavtive mutations are ;) Fallout the mmorpg! *faps*

Oath
09-04-04, 14:37
Power armor should come with an air supply. and it should run out of power the PA ingame doesnt really serve as much in the RP aspect of things.

winnoc
09-04-04, 15:26
Hehe, maybe introduce it at the start of DOY when Neocron adn DOY decide to "nuke" each other.
Have like one or two atomic bombs fall on the map creating a destroyed look DOY and one huge crater in the wastes.

Maybe have some kind of rare mutant plant grow in the crater that is used for epic.

I dunno, just being bored at work here atm :-)

t0tt3
09-04-04, 15:38
Maybe have some kind of rare mutant plant grow in the crater that is used for epic.

I dunno, just being bored at work here atm :-)

:o or even better that has the "antidote" for the nuke thingi, still that would be cool, and not bp able. So all CST/RESS/BAR cant make huge profit on it :p

To bad its only player to player based economy and it wouldnt sink anything, just hope that noobs could get the plant "MC5 anyone?" :D

Kenjuten
09-04-04, 17:13
don't ridicule Naimex, this thing is not only brilliant, but also adds to "immersion"... Come on you fools, what kind of wasteland is it without radiation ?
When did we ridicule naimex? :eek:
I'm just trying to subtly poke naimex into bed....he's exhausted. And I said it's a great try at an idea.

seraphian
09-04-04, 17:31
they had something very simular to this in the origional design docs I guess... but it was taken out do to playability issues AFAIK...

Supposedly the lost '6th stat' was a survival stat, that determined rad resistance and survival time, but they wanted to make it so that new chars could actually leave their little isolated dome city (pretty much nessisary if you want starting Citymerc or FA or TG to have any chance of survival really...)

naimex
09-04-04, 22:04
they had something very simular to this in the origional design docs I guess... but it was taken out do to playability issues AFAIK...

Supposedly the lost '6th stat' was a survival stat, that determined rad resistance and survival time, but they wanted to make it so that new chars could actually leave their little isolated dome city (pretty much nessisary if you want starting Citymerc or FA or TG to have any chance of survival really...)

Maybe..

A lot of really cool things in the manual, Iīve never seen ingame..

(The mining tool, which has been proven has been there)
(Anarchy Breed a player joinable faction)

So it could make perfect sense if this was planned to have been there in the beginning..

But it would make no sense not putting it (or any of those million other great things) into the game..

And about them wondering, if it wouldnīt make it too odd, and unreal to "suddenly" have this game..

So without knowing for sure, or asking...

I would honestly think that I speak for the majority when I say :

It might feel a little odd, but it will be no harder adjusting too than one of the many nerfs.. It will slide into the game, make perfect sense, and then people will never want to remember that there was a time without this....

Scikar
09-04-04, 22:07
I'm not so sure. I can see it being poorly implemented and turned into one of those things that could be really cool and add a lot to the game, and is instead turned into a chore which drives everyone mad with the pointless hassle it causes.

naimex
10-04-04, 00:54
I'm not so sure. I can see it being poorly implemented and turned into one of those things that could be really cool and add a lot to the game, and is instead turned into a chore which drives everyone mad with the pointless hassle it causes.

Yes..

That would ruin it all..

It is important that it gets put in the right way.

But it should at least go test server...

t0tt3
10-04-04, 01:32
Put it in a zone that not everyone need to go to. But make the zone something extra maybe unique mobs that aint anywhere else with unique drops and so on. That would be cool..

Kenjuten
10-04-04, 05:55
(Anarchy Breed a player joinable faction)

Only on Venus, apparently. :eek:

Estabin
10-04-04, 07:48
I like the idea but have zones have differant levels or radioactivity (or was this suggested already? :confused: ) and add the stat back in that helps you become resilient to the wastelands and have leveling spots in places where you can slowly level up that stat, then the higher radioactivity places have some really strange beasties and mutants... the idea would add a lot of immersion.

aKe`cj
10-04-04, 08:40
*thumbs-up* on the radiation part...only reason me didn't vote is because me thinks that the idea of selling air, is a lil bit too far off.
But regarding the story and the manual that got shipped with the retail, i see no reason, why most parts (actually all) of the wastezone arent hazardous.
There should be radiation ...definitly!