PDA

View Full Version : Parashock Protest Sigs

hivemind
08-04-04, 22:04
This community has asked, pleaded, cursed, shouted and demanded the removal of parashocks and freezers virtually since their introduction into the game at the start of retail. They were not in beta, and somehow made their magical, anti-skilled-PvP appearance with the retail release, much to everyone's shock and dissapointment.

The anti-shock drugs are not the answer we want. Giving us an anti-freeze drug is akin to crushing someone's face with a bat, then offering them a mask to cover up the damage. Unsatisfactory and insulting.

So I've decided that, with his permission, I'm gonna use Kal Jerico's "Remove Para" sig as my own silent protest for a while. maybe if Martin sees a sea of neon blue signatures on his forums he'll finally get the picture. I urge all of you who hate parashocks and freezers as I do to adopt it as well.

This is the link: [ removed - the REMOVE PARA image was replaced with something offensive ]

Kal, if it impacts your bandwidth too much, let me know and I'll host it as well.

Celt
08-04-04, 22:04
Wont work, but nice idea :)

hivemind
08-04-04, 22:05
Can't hurt, and it's something we haven't tried yet.

Make it yours too and join the protest!

Oath
08-04-04, 22:06
I like my sig, but you have my backing :)

J. Folsom
08-04-04, 22:08
Hmm, hope my sig's not too big now though.
Though I think one line of text is equal to about 15 pixels... So... Hmm.

Celt
08-04-04, 22:11
Can't hurt, and it's something we haven't tried yet.

Make it yours too and join the protest!We did a similar thing in eve, only it was about their appalling lack of e-mail support.

Got a tempban for having an img in my forum sig about it.

:)

hivemind
08-04-04, 22:12
Kal's graphic is 85 pixels high, so it works with one line of text.

OATH!! If I can give up my siggeh with my precious GM dogtags in it for a while, you can give up your carebear fondling habit for a couple weeks. :mad: :lol:

Vid Gamer
08-04-04, 22:13
Sweet. :D

Serpent
08-04-04, 22:15
[ edited ]

J. Folsom
08-04-04, 22:15
Should probably make 'em link to this thread as well.

That'd make it:

[ edited ]

Except without the asterisks

Shadow Dancer
08-04-04, 22:16
I'm with you.

Kal
08-04-04, 22:17
nice idea with that linking J

Clownst0pper
Im with u!

AND SO ARE THE GROOVE CATS!

Dribble Joy
Vive la revolution!!!

hivemind
08-04-04, 22:21
I've been a naughty little git and cross-posted this to the German and French boards...

http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=96312

http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=96313

:angel:

Scikar
08-04-04, 22:23
I'm game. Down with parashock.

Dribble Joy
08-04-04, 22:23
I've been a naughty little git and cross-posted this to the German and French boards...

http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=96312

http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=96313

:angel:
Can we get french and german versions made?

Tratos
08-04-04, 22:25
i with you guys but if you want to keep your signature, just link your sig to the picture using a code similar to this

such as

http://mercury.walagata.com/w/tratos/sig-tratos.jpg[/url]

click it.

~Tratos

hivemind
Not by me. I taxed my feeble language skills to the limit with those two posts. You want me to insult them in their own language, I'm all over that. But I can't carry on useful conversation...

Tratos, it won't have the same impact as a sea of neon blue... ;)

Kal
i with you guys but if you want to keep your signature, just link your sig to the picture using a code similar to this

such as

click it.

~Tratos

not nearly as effective imo

hivemind
08-04-04, 22:27
The 'ol 5-star rating tends to draw the eye of KK as well... *hint hint*

Scikar
Tratos, try the other way round, have the remove para pic as your sig and link to your original from that. The idea is to have remove para underneath every post. Plus everyone will be going back to their old sigs after we've got something done anyway, the whole point is that you give up your regular sig in order to protest. :)

Ark
fo shizzle

n3m
08-04-04, 22:29
yer I'm right behind ya

//edit:
damn thing aint showing up :mad:

Dribble Joy
08-04-04, 22:31
[ edited ]

Scikar
08-04-04, 22:32
It won't show up in the white box when you press preview sig, but it will appear at the top of the page instead (got me too :p).

Tratos
08-04-04, 22:33
not nearly as effective imo
was just a suggestion for people like Oath who <3 there sigs, lol

changed mine :D

~Tratos

BombShell
08-04-04, 22:38
DOWN WITH PARA SHOCK :eek: :eek: :eek:

i was goin to DM later today because i wanted this sig but i guess u can read minds :)

Oath
08-04-04, 22:40
Sig adapted.

Rade
08-04-04, 22:42
this reminds me of the whole

HOW BOUT A SOLUTION THAT DOESNT INVOLVE MONKEYS!?!?!!

thingie that went down a while ago. Ill swap my sig sometime later.

hivemind
08-04-04, 22:44
LOL@Oathy :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rade
08-04-04, 22:46
Uhm, we should all use Oaths sig instead, says the same thing + its funneh :D

Psychoninja
08-04-04, 22:47
I never remove my sig for anything, I just add to it, but I'll make an exception :angel:

BombShell
08-04-04, 22:47
I never remove my sig for anything, I just add to it, but I'll make an exception :angel:

hehe :) glad to see ur with us

hivemind
08-04-04, 22:49
Psychoninja, I've had the same sig for at least a year. I know the feeling, and thanks for participating.

Rade, it's a lot funnier, but not nearly as effective I think...

Jest
08-04-04, 22:50
Damnit guys... I'm sorry but I just don't know about parashock any more. I've been playing my PPU pretty much constant lately. As a PPU using parashock against me is one of the only way to kill me. Even antibuff without parashock Ive only died once or twice so far. If parashock is taken out then PPUs will be even more gods than they are before.

I'm not saying don't take out parashock. I'm dont JUST take parashock out. Its got to be accompanied with other changes as well, or else you will have a group of invincible PPUs to deal with. That being said I will nonetheless take it as my sig.

Serpent
08-04-04, 22:51
onos, scikar's smiley is so cool

btw: what means <3 O_o

Sleawer
08-04-04, 22:51
Cool, I always wanted a sig :D

Rith
08-04-04, 22:52
its a great idea and im happy to subscribe to it... but in the interests of keeping things simple and ensuring we don't have 400 competing sig messages, why not rephrase the sig to say:

PUT IT BACK TO HOW IT WAS BEFORE PATCH 160

alig
I'm with you :D

BombShell
Damnit guys... I'm sorry but I just don't know about parashock any more. I've been playing my PPU pretty much constant lately. As a PPU using parashock against me is one of the only way to kill me. Even antibuff without parashock Ive only died once or twice so far. If parashock is taken out then PPUs will be even more gods than they are before.

I'm not saying don't take out parashock. I'm dont JUST take parashock out. Its got to be accompanied with other changes as well, or else you will have a group of invincible PPUs to deal with. That being said I will nonetheless take it as my sig.

we will worry about that when we cross that bridge. :)

Jest
08-04-04, 22:53
we will worry about that when we cross that boat. :) :lol: Not considering the future is what gets us in these messes to begin with.

Psychoninja
I haven't changed any of my profile since I started on these forums, only changed I've made is an addition or two to my ussual signature (which nid didn't like :p )

Heh, maybe the mods will beg the devs to remove it as soon as the neon blue start to hurt their eyes.

hivemind
Do you *need* to be able to kill the PPU? If he's not got para, then he can't hurt anyone really. Just damage boost, which is still uber, but not show-stopping like the blue glue. And a PPU can't stand in the middle of a crowd and rezz anymore. So eventually, they'll leave. Or make a mistake and die.

[edit: Serpent, it's a heart. So I <3 droms is like saying I love droms.]

BombShell
08-04-04, 22:55
:lol: Not considering the future is what gets us in these messes to begin with.

hehe i know this is actually something i want to jump the gun in :) if anything we will nerf the monks shelter bak to it was before as a start but am sure theirs other ways. and most monks dont hav stam boosters :)

edit dont get me worng i love monks i just dont want para hell thay cant atatck anyways y change their defence really. thay are ment to be gods at defence and run not para and laugh at ur speed.

so true hive so true ;)

Kal
08-04-04, 22:55
maybe with para gone some people would learn to aim :rolleyes:

Rith
08-04-04, 22:57
we will worry about that when we cross that bridge. :)

amen...

easiest way to fuck up PPUs / APUs - make spells only castable when stood still...

end of story

hivemind
08-04-04, 22:57
Egad Kal, don't start with that. :D :D And even without para, APUs still get their uber point-and-click aiming.

Wait, disregard that, we're not starting that discussion...

J. Folsom
08-04-04, 22:58
Just in case, here's a mirror for the signature:

http://gallery.cybertarp.com/albums/userpics/14423/remove_para.jpeg

Dribble Joy
08-04-04, 23:00
Also here

http://server6.uploadit.org/files/muffdemon-remove_para.jpg

BombShell
08-04-04, 23:00
amen...

easiest way to fuck up PPUs / APUs - make spells only castable when stood still...

end of story

thats saying apus are worthless with out a ppu. which means u will never walk out of nc with out a ppu right :)

when hybrids was around it was para that actually kille dme not their healing and buffs or skill. i was still owning them like thay were anyone else until thay para :) so maybe para will change the way we play :)

Balthasar
08-04-04, 23:05
anti para thread

me likes :)

Rade
08-04-04, 23:07
:lol: Not considering the future is what gets us in these messes to begin with.

Well, if para is removed it will become necesary to nerf ppus so they are
killable without para. It might take a while between the removal of para and
the nerf of the ppus but Im willing to wait ;)

Rith
08-04-04, 23:09
thats saying apus are worthless with out a ppu. which means u will never walk out of nc with out a ppu right :)

when hybrids was around it was para that actually kille dme not their healing and buffs or skill. i was still owning them like thay were anyone else until thay para :) so maybe para will change the way we play :)

Nope - its saying that APUs / PPUs are devastating as support chars

Problem is an APU who gets buffs once very 2 minutes from a PPU is a god on the battlefield

An APU who is effectively heavy artillery (high damage, but not mobile), is less of a god but still very valuable.

PPUs are less affected by that concept.. but on their own its harder to dance around, out healing when you heal spells need you to be stood still :)

BombShell

oen thing i dont see is how will it change anything. if we cant kill monks now with out a monk then my god i didnt relize how crap the system was. because apparently apu and ppu teams were the only onces that were PPU gruop killers and everyone were left behind the seen

n3m
yay working now :D

thx for the rep points :lol:

L0KI
08-04-04, 23:10
i'm game

alig
08-04-04, 23:10

Ppu's can live all day and all night for all it matters, they cant do anything to me and i cant do anything to them _if_ they remove para, except db which doesnt bother me. Anywho, its not like an average ppu dies very often anyway, i think in all my time on saturn my ppu has died twice. Its not the ppu, its the freeze :(

Egeon
08-04-04, 23:11
Remove para!

BombShell
08-04-04, 23:11
Nope - its saying that APUs / PPUs are devastating as support chars

Problem is an APU who gets buffs once very 2 minutes from a PPU is a god on the battlefield

An APU who is effectively heavy artillery (high damage, but not mobile), is less of a god but still very valuable.

PPUs are less affected by that concept.. but on their own its harder to dance around, out healing when you heal spells need you to be stood still :)
hehe got u now figured that :) but i dont think we should make them suffer until we see how the changes are because we havnt played with out para in how long. so lets just wait before we get the nerf bats ok. becuase i want the game to be balance not unfair. :) in relity i think monks should be able to take 2-3 peeps and live. and if their rezzing then thay hav the long delay which is good :)

Biznatchy
08-04-04, 23:14
yes im down with getting it out.

Dribble Joy
08-04-04, 23:15
need img tags dude.

Biznatchy
08-04-04, 23:15
ok now im down

BombShell
08-04-04, 23:16
ok now im down
vary close almost their ;)

edit - YAHHHHHHHHHHHH

Cyphor
08-04-04, 23:16
I'll add my support, great idea hopefully kk will listen now.

Nidhogg
08-04-04, 23:17
Are we all down now? Can I close this thread then? Thanks.

N

/edit - to head off any more PMs. This thread was closed because it was just spam about signatures. If you want to discuss parashock then do it here (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=96319).