PDA

View Full Version : Where is the advertisement?

Psycho_Soldier
08-04-04, 20:03
I've been browsing gaming sites lately, and I have not seen one advertisment about Neocron at all, those interviews or whatever at RPG vault is be biggest thing for advertising so far for Neocron and that is nothing. Might get 10-20 customers at most from that. When I visit websites like, gamespy, fileplanet (and all other associatied domains like planethalflife, planetdoom, etc).. I should be seeing a Neocron banner every so often, but I don't. BDoY is supposedly gonna be released soon and KK said they were gonna try and get better advertising done but I don't see shit happening. How much longer does KK have to advertise? May 31st or sometime before, BDoY is supposed to be release right? So why isn't their any advertising going on? o_O

Cytaur
08-04-04, 20:15
the best advertisement is an open beta test

amfest
08-04-04, 20:17
err umm they DO need a logo done first and that's what that logo thread was about. And of course not many liked the logo so that means "Back to the drawing board". yes people are offering up their own renders of what the logo should look like but no one asked them to do that in the end. But i think that graphics company could get an idea of what to create if they looked at any of that.

Psycho_Soldier
08-04-04, 20:51
If something as simple as a logo is that big of a problem for KK, then there is something terribly wrong.

Benjie
08-04-04, 21:44
If they don't advertise, then the BDoY delay was for nothing.
The whole point in waiting, was so they could re-market there game with a better company.

Cytaur
08-04-04, 22:24
come on, tell me how did you all know about THIS specific game ? I mean Neocron, you never saw any advert anywhere, right ? Some of you perhaps (and me) were in beta test and thought "oh what a fucking awesome game, I'm going to retail." If you weren't one of the beta testers, then a friend of a friend of yours was in a beta test and told you about the game....

Make BDoY an open beta test !

Psycho_Soldier
09-04-04, 03:51
I never seen any other MMORPG make a open beta test out of a expansion pack (not saying there hasn't been), but it might be a good idea, to have a 2 month or so open beta to have lots of advertising done by word of mouth. Even though KK would be losing money for those 2 months or whatever set period of time, I think if they actually did a good job with BDoY, it would be worth the investment for them.

Ransom
09-04-04, 17:58
come on, tell me how did you all know about THIS specific game ?"

Actually I saw it on a promotional poster that I picked up in London somewhere, it had Divine Divinity on the reverse, though I must admit I did take part in the Beta too. Not sure which was first.

Ransom

Dribble Joy
09-04-04, 18:02
Oddly enough, I heard of NC through penny arcade.

One idly clicked link and here I am :p.

MrChumble
09-04-04, 18:19
Perhaps they're not advertising it yet because it's not ready to be advertised? :rolleyes: