PDA

View Full Version : Zerg attacks

numb
08-04-04, 10:44
I may have completely the wrong idea here - but why are there all the complaints about this style of attack?

From what I remember of op wars (and I havent done any for TIME), if the opponent outnumbered you on the first strike, you contacted allies of your clan and built up a large enough force to compete with the numbers fighting against you - and so on - and so on. Which leads to bigger - and imo better op fights.

I just dont see why people have to moan about it.

SorkZmok
08-04-04, 10:52
I just dont see why people have to moan about it.Because they loose. o_O

But it can really be annoying. Like if your enemy always turns up with way more ppl than you got, it sucks. Its rather that what makes ppl uses that phrase.

Lanigav
08-04-04, 11:13
Well, you can't really viably complain "Hey, you've got more people, no fair!". If you're planning on attacking or defending an op and you don't have enough people to combat your enemy, then the fault lies on you and your allies for not mustering up enough people.

In other words, don't get into an op fight unless you're confident you have enough people.

Birdman[H.E.]
08-04-04, 11:41
if we use this concept then ninja hacking isnt a possibility also, couse if you dont have member to defend op, why are you taking em at first place

Morganth
08-04-04, 11:46
Thats not strictly true. If you take an OP with an attacking force of 30 peeps from a defending force of 30 peeps, then that is fair. But then when all of your members are offline as it is really later at night or whatever, the clan you took the OP from might go back when you have no defenders offline and ninja hack it back. Had it been when your members were online they would have all gone to the OP to defend, but as they weren't it is wuite impossible to do so.

SPIKE (pluto)
08-04-04, 11:46
What does this have to do with zerg? :p

Morganth
08-04-04, 11:56
']if we use this concept then ninja hacking isnt a possibility also, couse if you dont have member to defend op, why are you taking em at first place

It was in response to above post. So ask Birdman, not me :p

n3m
08-04-04, 12:05
I don't understand either.
In a WW noone is moaning about Zerging. Thats how you win wars.

ezza
08-04-04, 12:09
tbh all this zerging bullshit bores me, but it seems like thats the only way to win, everyone does it, people say abc clan zerg but abc say xyz also do it, both sides do it.

as a result you might get one decent fight everynow and again.

you go to one op with 10 guys, get zerged by 20.

you go back with 30 zerg the 20, so neither side is gonna get a fun battle, just zerg after zerg.

but thats the way the games gone

Kal
08-04-04, 12:23
opps should need to be refreshed every 3 days or so or lost automaticly and shouldnt be hackable if the defending force has less than 5 members on UNLESS any of them are in the zone but theres likely gonna be more complications

Devils Grace
08-04-04, 12:24

thats how everyting is

some bicth and moan, others win against zergs and whne they loose they are still happy

MrChumble
08-04-04, 12:35
The OP system (although I think system is a pretty generous term) invites zergs, ninja hacks, turret spamage and general lameness. It's not really the fault of the clans who do it, they're just playing the game as it's been put together (again I hesitate to say designed, if someone designed the current op system it was on a paper napkin 5 seconds before they started coding).

On Pluto the major clans have come to a general understanding that no one clan will hold more than five OPs. I really hope it continues, because the OP scene has become far more interesting with plenty of op wars with roughly even numbers and a minimum of lameness. All the clan leaders who signed up (and the ones who got bullied into it :lol: ) deserve respect for seeing the problems and taking action to fix them. I just wish KK would do the same O_o

Kal
08-04-04, 12:47
thats only cause plutos lamer power clans moved to venus to feck everything up there instead, wait till they get bored there and then see how great plutos opp scene is :rolleyes:

MrChumble
08-04-04, 12:50
The only clan to have left pluto is DarK, and left is pretty strong term when they have 107 members which makes them the largest clan around still :rolleyes:

FF are still the power brokers. And this is getting dangerously close to a keep it in game 8|

The point was, to prevent zergs & general lameness either the clans involved need to come to some agreement to improve the op war scene or KK need to put some effort into improving it. As KK involvement seems unlikely while they work on DoY and completely ignore Neocron it's down to the clans. Pluto has taken some great steps in this regard.

Mr_Snow
08-04-04, 12:54
On Pluto the major clans have come to a general understanding that no one clan will hold more than five OPs. I really hope it continues, because the OP scene has become far more interesting with plenty of op wars with roughly even numbers and a minimum of lameness. All the clan leaders who signed up (and the ones who got bullied into it :lol: ) deserve respect for seeing the problems and taking action to fix them. I just wish KK would do the same O_o

[ edited ]

Kal
08-04-04, 12:57
i'm betting the maps yellow again by sunday

deac
08-04-04, 13:56
[ edited ]

see the problem is that we didnt ninja hack venus we did it prime time(21:00-24:00 euro time)... with 5 guys... holding down 22 ops....

for 2 days now....

cRazy2003
08-04-04, 13:57
I may have completely the wrong idea here - but why are there all the complaints about this style of attack?

From what I remember of op wars (and I havent done any for TIME), if the opponent outnumbered you on the first strike, you contacted allies of your clan and built up a large enough force to compete with the numbers fighting against you - and so on - and so on. Which leads to bigger - and imo better op fights.

I just dont see why people have to moan about it.

i completely agree 100%
i dont know why they moan so much, its just a game anyways

SorkZmok
08-04-04, 14:01
see the problem is that we didnt ninja hack venus we did it prime time(21:00-24:00 euro time)... with 5 guys... holding down 22 ops....

for 2 days now....
wow, you must be having INSANE FUN. O_o

ezza
08-04-04, 14:02
if 5 guys are holding down 22 ops i guess the rest of venus aint that bothered about the ops then, cos if its only 5 of you a decent venus clan could take em

Freya
08-04-04, 14:09
if any clans are mentioned again thread will be closed
keep it to the topic at hand Zerg Attacks, not WHOM does it

Sleawer
08-04-04, 14:10
Probably they see OPs as a good tool to roleplay.

Kal
08-04-04, 14:17
noone can be asked to hack them back cause their just ninja haxxed back asap

numb
08-04-04, 14:22
you go to one op with 10 guys, get zerged by 20.

you go back with 30 zerg the 20, so neither side is gonna get a fun battle, just zerg after zerg.

I thought that was the way the game always has been.

The main thing here is, if clan A has been hit by 20 from clan B. Shouldnt clan B expect clan A to come back with more than 20 and therefore contact their own allies for some more support. Resulting in better fights and promoting the idea of good relationships between other clans - which is better than whining because you got 'zerged'.

I dont think that tactic should be considered lame at all. If it happens to you all the time, you need to earn your clans some ties with another. If you dont want to play that way then fine, but dont complain that it happens as it was you who chose the more difficult option.

[ and 'you' is referring to clans/clan leaders in general btw ezza ;) ]

ezza
08-04-04, 14:24
I thought that was the way the game always has been.

The main thing here is, if clan A has been hit by 20 from clan B. Shouldnt clan B expect clan A to come back with more than 20 and therefore contact their own allies for some more support. Resulting in better fights and promoting the idea of good relationships between other clans - which is better than whining because you got 'zerged'.

I dont think that tactic should be considered lame at all. If it happens to you all the time, you need to earn your clans some ties with another. If you dont want to play that way then fine, but dont complain that it happens as it was you who chose the more difficult option.

[ and 'you' is referring to clans/clan leaders in general btw ezza ;) ]
nah it aint always been like that, when my old(err current :lol: )clan used to op fight, it was clan v clan, non of this attack FA, get mercs and TG as well kinda thing, if i attacked a FA clan, i got that fa clan, not the fa clan and every man and his dog(if the game had dogs)

MrChumble
08-04-04, 14:26

I don't like zergs because they're no fun. It's not fun to be zerged, and it's almost as little fun to do the zerging. A 30 second fight isn't satisfying even if you're the one still standing at the end. Better a 20 minute fight and a narrow loss.

ezza
08-04-04, 14:28
I don't like zergs because they're no fun. It's not fun to be zerged, and it's almost as little fun to do the zerging. A 30 second fight isn't satisfying even if you're the one still standing at the end. Better a 20 minute fight and a narrow loss.i have to agree, i op fight for the fight, ive been on both ends of zergs and its boring either end, it might be funny when you obliterate your enemy, but if your gonna zerg you might as well just wait till they all log off and ninja cos your gonna get the same kinda of resistance

Valkyrie
08-04-04, 14:36
The other thing is that even if you do manage to get allies in and match the zerg, a fight with like 30 people either side is not very fun because of the appalling frame rates everyone without a super computer gets.

ezza
08-04-04, 14:37
The other thing is that even if you do manage to get allies in and match the zerg, a fight with like 30 people either side is not very fun because of the appalling frame rates everyone without a super computer gets.
haha ya, attack sync black screen sync crash, relog dead, if your lucky ressurect then repeat

numb
08-04-04, 14:40
I don't like zergs because they're no fun. It's not fun to be zerged, and it's almost as little fun to do the zerging. A 30 second fight isn't satisfying even if you're the one still standing at the end. Better a 20 minute fight and a narrow loss.

I understand it not being fun on either end. My point is mainly that it can be stopped if people actually thought about it, rather than just complained about it.

I remember when I was in MiG and we were fighting for ops, if we knew a certain clan had connections with other clans, and were likely to use them, we would use citycom to work out the number they had online and the numbers all their allied clans had online to consider what we might need for the fight in advance - and contacting as many allies as we needed to see if it was a fight worth fighting.

I'm sure back then, had we found ourselves being constantly outnumbered (due to our allies doing other things or whatever) - we would have created relationships with other clans.

System
08-04-04, 14:42
A war is a WAR! There are always cheap blows on each side to try and win fair or unfair. It doesn't matter war is war all out blood and death. To take an Empire you must take it anyway you can. That is how war is. You think back in the day when war was an everyday thing in real life that the enemy checked to see if they had enough people awake or not in another town? No they attacked at the weekest point they could. But the difference from real life and this game is that you respawn and can fight agian :-\

And hey I don't like this called "zerging" either but its WAR. If they can build an army of 40+ against your 10 well your screwed and that was some good stuff getting 40 people together at one point. But myself likes the good 10vs10 fights. They seem to be more fun.

-- System --

ezza
08-04-04, 14:49
A war is a WAR! There are always cheap blows on each side to try and win fair or unfair. It doesn't matter war is war all out blood and death. To take an Empire you must take it anyway you can. That is how war is. You think back in the day when war was an everyday thing in real life that the enemy checked to see if they had enough people awake or not in another town? No they attacked at the weekest point they could. But the difference from real life and this game is that you respawn and can fight agian :-\

And hey I don't like this called "zerging" either but its WAR. If they can build an army of 40+ against your 10 well your screwed and that was some good stuff getting 40 people together at one point. But myself likes the good 10vs10 fights. They seem to be more fun.

-- System --
but even RL war has certain rules that people are expected to follow, but this is a game, end of day its ment ot be fun, how much fun can be derived from a nice zerg force o_O

Egeon
08-04-04, 14:51
Because they loose. o_O
If it's player vs. server then you win, the server goes like "sync/fatal/crash" :D

if any clans are mentioned again thread will be closed
keep it to the topic at hand Zerg Attacks, not WHOM does it
you just did :D :p :lol:

System
08-04-04, 17:16
I Didnt say it was fun to zerg. If an OP war gets to out of hand and my side has way to many people agianst who ever we are fighting I will leave and not fight becuase its pointless. I don't like zergs because it isnt fun but we cannot do anything about it so there isnt any point in to whine about it unless you get every damn living person on the server to set rules of war. Then theres a reason to whine. Otherwise live with it :-\