PDA

View Full Version : Should tank melee PA look different from HC PA?

Lanigav
08-04-04, 10:13
I don't know about you guys, but whenever I see a melee tank running around with a melee weapon and melee PA, it looks really odd to me because it looks like their PA would do nothing but inhibit their combat ability, especially with those big shoes that tank PA has.

Naturally the PA would still have to be somewhat large as tanks are...well...large, but I think it would be nice to have a new PA model that looks more streamlined and dexteritous than the big clunky one they wear now.

Hayato
08-04-04, 10:21
i think melee should be very slim kinda like PE PA.

-=BlackBeard=-
08-04-04, 10:23
yeah dude becasue they are the same armour yet heavy combat takes away from speed and melle combat takes away from hc o_O

Opar
08-04-04, 11:04
Tank PA should just fit the players model, and maybe a few chunky bits here and there.

LordJammer
08-04-04, 11:23
some kind of armblades and spikes would be cool :cool:

Xaru
08-04-04, 11:24
I would love to see a PA with spikes comming out everywhere. Make it look more scary. :)

Regards
Xaru

Kasumi
08-04-04, 11:24
POwer armor should comform to the body not replace the model.. Thats offtopic sorry! Not sure how it should look different but I think it should be still should be big, and bulky.. ^-^

ezza
08-04-04, 12:14
yes change the melee PA then give heavy tanks the blue PA back ;)

Kal
08-04-04, 12:19
no because tank pa looks good atm, and if KK change it they'll prolly make it look ugly like PE PA

Mr_Snow
08-04-04, 12:49
Make all tank PAs blue because I miss being a smurf on my HC tank but like being a smurf on my melee tank too.

Anyway I like tank PA as it was the only PA when I was newb tank and it was something to aim for when I was levelling and it should be kept the same for traditions sake.

Kal
08-04-04, 13:07
i rememer lookin up at pa tanks with awe and being so happy when i got into my first suit

ezza
08-04-04, 14:14
i rememer lookin up at pa tanks with awe and being so happy when i got into my first suit
yes getting ganked by a smurf tank and thinking "wow what a guy" :lol:

Scikar
08-04-04, 14:23
Keep it. Just like plate armor in medieval times was actually not too difficult to move around in, tank PA would also not be too restrictive. It's called POWER armor after all, i.e. it's servo assisted. That's why it gives a strength bonus. So in many ways it's actually easier to move with the PA on. Also consider that melee tanks here are not using light, fast swords like a rapier, they're using larger swords. So they will be more worried about having enough protection to get them into melee range of an opponent than being as agile as possible.

@-=BlackBeard=-: Imagine the H-C PA has built in features to support heavy weapons, suppose the shoulder is specially designed to accomodate heavy cannons. It would also make perfect sense that armor designed to accomodate heavy weapons would itself be quite heavy in order to help brace them. The melee armor is lacking these improvements, suppose the arms are designed to allow as much movement as possible instead of supporting the heavy weight of a cannon.

Scikar
08-04-04, 15:06
Ack can't edit post.

I'd like to add though that there should be different colours on H-C PA - I pointed this out in another thread. APU and PPU cloaks are the same model but each gets different colours all the way through, whereas H-C is grey and M-C is blue. I'd like to see Grey/Red/Gold/Black for H-C, and M-C having blue somewhere and ending in purple (don't have an M-C tank so let the M-Cs decide :p). I don't really care about being a smurf, I want to be a C3-PO again! :)

ezza
08-04-04, 15:24
ya being gold would be cool, remember seeing the odd gold PA tank about thinking wow thats cool, cos you had to drug to wear it then so you didnt see any people wear it.

Promethius
08-04-04, 15:35
I don't know about you guys, but whenever I see a melee tank running around with a melee weapon and melee PA, it looks really odd to me because it looks like their PA would do nothing but inhibit their combat ability, especially with those big shoes that tank PA has.

Naturally the PA would still have to be somewhat large as tanks are...well...large, but I think it would be nice to have a new PA model that looks more streamlined and dexteritous than the big clunky one they wear now.

There is no doubt about it. Melee should be diff from HC PA. PPU is diff from apu why should tanks get a variety aswell? Also Melee should look dexteritously. I'd like to see it fit well on the tank model and and be alot thinner and sleaker than HC pa.

-Prom

Oath
08-04-04, 15:40
K screw the streamlined tank pa, more things to work on first :p

Power armor, is powered armor, so it doesnt inhibit combat effectiveness, it only enhances it.

The + to str and to melee / heavy.

Everything has to have flaws, or it wouldnt be very balanced, monk armor is high in resists but low in frc and prc.

tbh tanks should look the same, if not then rifles pe's will want a diff suit from pistols etc etc

Opar
08-04-04, 16:19
Why not make tank PA an ACTUAL weapon? Like, when you put it on, it fills up various quickbelt slots, for example -

Melee PA 1

Slot 2 - DOUBLE FACE SCRATCHER CLAW
Slot 3 - RAZOR BLADES (2 kind of razor blade things, on on each FOREARM, similar to the DOUBLE FSC)

Melee PA 2

Slot 3 - RAZOR BLADES
Slot 4 - DOUBLE PAW OF TIGER (same as DOUBLE FSC, but stronger, same freq at DOULBE FSC)

Melee PA 3

Slot 3 - RAZOR BLADES
Slot 4 - DOUBLE PAW OF TIGER
Slot 5 - FACE CAVERS (A high TL knuckle on each fist (maybe 2xa TL 75-90 knuckle?)

Melee PA 4

Slot 3 - RAZOR BLADES
Slot 4 - DOUBLE PAW OF TIGER
Slot 5 - FACE CAVERS
Slot 6 - DOUBLE ENDED GRACE (haha, like a devils grace, but double ended, jedi stylee :P Like it'd ever happen ^_^)

Just for sexy meleeeeee tanks.

Lanigav
08-04-04, 16:28
Lol, that'd be pretty intersting, though you'd have to make it so you could wear the PA4 without being Gimpy McCrap.

Granted the PA is powered and is supposed to improve mobility, but that still doesn't prevent the larger chunks of the armor getting in the way when you're swinging. Even old medival type armor wasn't as large as this stuff is. That and considering its physically the same as HC PA yet has no penalty to athletics seems a bit off. I think they could make something that still has a large, "I'm a big metal thing so I dare you to hurt me" look but is more streamlined and not as clunky looking.

That's not an invitation to give melee PA an athletics penailty as a result, so don't you dare do it KK. :p

Serpine
08-04-04, 21:56
I'd love the melee PA to look different, but I don't want it to be less bulky. Make it even bulkier, with lots of tubes and servos and such. That spike concept somebody else mentioned sounds good to. Admittedly, I'm a 40k player (whenever I'm in the canyon I start making tyranid comments) so the idea of a guy in non-sensibly bulky power armor waving around a sword is somewhat ingrained in my head.

alig
08-04-04, 22:29
Give melee different pa or remove the atl hit from h-c pa because that is the most ridicolous thing ever.

give h-c's the colour's back ffs >.<

Oath
08-04-04, 22:42
Give melee different pa or remove the atl hit from h-c pa because that is the most ridicolous thing ever.

give h-c's the colour's back ffs >.<

Yeah i wanna be a smurf again :(

Kenjuten
09-04-04, 02:09

give h-c's the colour's back ffs >.<Can't really comment on the colors of the PAs...

But yeah, it should be changed. It should knock AGL...not ATH. O_o Since AGL is one major part of the M-C Tank. M-C armor kills H-C, which is understandable...to have H-C take away from M-C would probably be more desirable, but since AGL also affects melee combat, and apparently KK wants H-C users to have (relatively) slow runspeed...makes sense, no?