PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Melee Tank Setup

Jeros82
08-04-04, 10:01
Could somebody please help me with my Melee Tank setup???

Since there is not yet a skill manager which displays how much your max load will become I need some help.

This is what I was told a little.

INT : Put all in PSI Use so you cap your TL 3 Heal
STR : Put all in Melee Combat because you have STR 100 @ cap you don't have to put anything in Transport.
CON : I really don't have a clue what to do with this one
DEX : Also don't know.
PSI : Just enough MST and PPW for Melee Combat Booster 1 and the rest in PPU.

I hope some of you can help me at least what to do with CON and DEX. More info is always welcome.

Dru Blood
08-04-04, 10:06
in dex just enough tc to use a devils grace is handy think thats tc 89

whack the rest in agility you will need it

con, well try and spec 400hp in your bar 100 athletics wear inquisition armor 4 and spec high resists in xray and energy, maybe 60 in poison

im no expert but this works ok for my tank

wear these implants too, marine / moveon / pp resist / zerk 3

anti gamma head
bat queen chest
bat queen arm
anti gamma leg
anti gamma foot

you can spec some resist force being a melle tank as the bat queen arm gives +40 on mellee

s0apy
08-04-04, 11:38
in STR you forgot force resist - you'll want to cap this. depending on your armour setup, you'll need between 80 and 100 in FOR. you get a lot from PPR chip and basic resist 1 though, so factor that in. damage on MC caps at around 180 MC or so, and AGL contrubutes most of all to MC frequency, so you don't need to invest everything in MC.

in dex you'll want enough for the TC req on DG (currently 85 i think) and all the rest in AGL.

setup CON however you like, but i'd go for a resists package that doesn't eat into your HLT too heavily. all that extra AGL will also mean that you can keep ATL low and invest those saved points elsewhere. your particular skill will etermine how much STA you'll need, and if you can get away with using the xray chest instead of BQ chest, all the better.

in armour go for full INQ with the medium energyfield belt and the MC PA.

for a twist, use exp reflexboost 3 instead of strength boost 3 - the key to a MC tank is speed.

Napalm82
08-04-04, 12:58
INT: All in PSI use, or all in hack so you can farm WBs.
STR: Cap force resist, you only need about 100 Melee combat base, rest you can get from imps and youll easily cap Devils Grace (Not after the next patch though)
CON: personally i lowered my ATL to boost all resists, im only a little weak to Poison with only 60 POR
DEX: enough for Devils Grace and rest in AGL
PSI: enough for: Resist 1, Melee 1, Spy 1, Heal and a Deflector

Thats about all.

- Napalm

Kal
08-04-04, 14:15
29 ppu
3 mst
15 ppw

501% heal

Dribble Joy
08-04-04, 14:26
Capping force/pierce armour won't nessisarily mean getting 114 FOR, with tankeh armour you might only need about 90-100.

Though this might not be the best advice, spec your HTL so that you cap hp with a ppu buff.

Stigmata
08-04-04, 14:36
if ur going pure melee i would go for no ppw

all INT in psi use = capped frequency afaik
PSI

ppu 44
mst 6

u should gt a psi pool of about 40 i think and a fully capped heal

Kal
08-04-04, 14:47
i doubt it if its not tested, a balance between the 2 seems to give the heigher %

i might test it later tho

and i cap freq with 29 ppu anyway

Dribble Joy
08-04-04, 14:49
PPU Damage: 0.65(65%) PPU + 0.35(35%) PPW + -0.3(-30%) APU

Thus, up untill ppu>50 you will get more dmg out of placing points into ppu than ppw (providing ppw<50).

Kal
08-04-04, 14:53
it looks that way but is weird imo

there are flip points in both ppu and ppw you gotta think about

Kal
08-04-04, 14:55
between 12 and 15 ppw you lose 23% on heal

Kenjuten
08-04-04, 18:46
Question:

What's 23% when you got around 500% total?

Honestly I'd only care if it was a rare spell...we're talking about Heal here.

Kal
08-04-04, 19:35
the point was that ppw effects it quite a lot

i dont recall asking if you cared o_O

Kenjuten
08-04-04, 20:03
The ppw might affect it a lot, but that's in general..

Well anyways, since you don't care, I'll leave you guys to do the semi-unnecessary tweaking. :)