PDA

View Full Version : BDOY Models..Information Please ^_^

Kasumi
08-04-04, 02:34
A completely new character creation system will allow a much more individual character customization. You can finally create a fitting avatar by choosing from a series of heads, haircuts, beards, cloth etc.

After the character has been created, you can still change cloth at the outfitter or get a new haircut at the hairdresser. Additionally you can change appearance with items like armor parts, helms, hats, sunglasses or the much requested cigarette. Of course the new character models will take advantage of the updated engine.I probably *wont* get information regarding my question but I will ask anyway! :) Well, my *questions* are:

Will the player models get a high polygon counts and how much more?? Will they be as good as Lineage II models or Final Fantasy XI models???

Will there be option to change the actually models "physical appearace" like most games have.. So we can make them as "big" "small" or "fit" as we want.. and various other things *most* new MMORPGs give the option to do. or will we just be able to only pick between certain heads, hairstyle, face style.. and other things..

Will there be a better physics engine too??? Will there be a better object detection?? (Not sure what its called, cant think of english words), so that things dont go through crate, walls, cabinets, plants, beds.. :)

Will objects "comform" with the player models.. :)

Will objects like clothes, hats, capes(?), hair, other objects move "in the wind" and do other various things.

Will there be differents kinds of hair?? Will they look good??? Will they look as good as Final Fantasy XI or Lineage II hair styles????

Will older icons be updated??? Weapon models retextured to look better as the TL is become better??? Weapon graphics updated, Raygun beam, Raygun Cannon "beam".. They look "awful" in my opinion.. Will Spraycan(?) weapon be updated so it doesnt drop frames lots??? I would like icons to look like this
http://people.freenet.de/cobalt/preview1a.jpg or something as good.. :)

Will player models start "naked" not actually naked but have clothes, but that are just "underwear" and "top" or something that is really small and can be covered by other armor, clothes.. and other things.. :)

Will POwer armor comform to the body?? or will it be a new model that replaces the one you have currently like it does now??

That is all my questions! ^_^ Graphic in a game are the most important thing to me.. If they are not well did than I will probably become bored of that game.

naimex
08-04-04, 02:39
I hope it gets like what you said...

IŽll be the smallest tank in all of neocron.. :p

if it becomes as I hope it does.. (meaning pretty much the things you asked in your post)..

They would have to make the target box stay the same size...

otherwise every last character in nc is gonna be 3 feet 1 and pure bone..

... make chars evolve with the levels..

a tank getting more and more muscles as his str grows..

a monk, getting longer and longer beard o.O (for the ladies.. i dunno)

a spy well...euhmm..

a pe getting more and more fit as the levels roll in..

or something..

Lexxuk
08-04-04, 02:39
graphics have never been top of my list of things to enjoy about a game. transport tycoon, elite, x-com, leisure suit larry, graphics not to die for, games that make you wanna go "omg, drom sex0r".

Dunno what the updates are gunna be like though, if you look at one off shoot of the NC Engine (genesis 3d) it can be altered to do some impressive stuff..

http://www.realityfactory.ca/v3/

yavimaya
08-04-04, 03:16
Will objects like clothes, hats, capes(?), hair, other objects move "in the wind" and do other various things.

Being playing tooo much DOA3 huh? Don't worry DOA Ultimate is out soon. :)
meant to be out soon, like DOY....

Will player models start "naked" not actually naked but have clothes, but that are just "underwear" and "top" or something that is really small and can be covered by other armor, clothes.. and other things.. :)

Being playing tooo much Ultima Online huh? :P
although i agree, I think people should be naked with clothes that show ingame and armour that acts the same..... Sucks that only PA does this... Normal armour should look almost like PA as it is now, and PA should look more powerful. :P

Marx
08-04-04, 03:23
When I first read about the visable armor, I began drooling.

Some more info would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Benjie
08-04-04, 03:25
I hope with the new models, you can undress and strip down to your underwear.

I hope naked people get shot by copbots.

Hmm nudity laws. :)

Kasumi
08-04-04, 04:01
Being playing tooo much Ultima Online huh? :P
although i agree, I think people should be naked with clothes that show ingame and armour that acts the same..... Sucks that only PA does this... Normal armour should look almost like PA as it is now, and PA should look more powerful. :PThere are many uses for this.. but the biggest is it just makes clothes, armor, and everything else comform easier to the characters model.. :)

They would have to make the target box stay the same size...

otherwise every last character in nc is gonna be 3 feet 1 and pure bone.. Well there should be limit to how much you can change your character.. but that is what makes every different.. :)

Kenjuten
08-04-04, 04:28
Engine will be updated to DX9, which is of course the latest version of DirectX...that should mean all the graphic features present in current games should at least be mimickable...

That's all I can really say on this subject unfortunately. ^^;

Edit: DoA Ultimate? 8| ................well, to tell the truth I was a bit disappointed at DoA3 compared to DoA2...I was able to kick the comp's ass on hard difficulty no sweat. I hope this one does better than DoA2, it's my fave fighting game. :D Soul Calibur 2 with a close 2nd of course. <3 Talim.

Kasumi
08-04-04, 09:04
hehe A few more questions!

Will models get a new set of animations??? Well they move more human? or are only a few animations being added for objects???

Will weapon models and other objects not related to character models get higher polygon count??

Will waepons like Plasma rifle show animations on them.. The plasma rifle looks like a childrens toy.. Make things on it animated not a "Still" texture.

Is outzone getting "redone", I dont think iremember reading if it was or not.. :)

Will models be able to interact with objects other than chairs?? Will they be able to sit or lie down on a bed??? Turn light switch on and off???

Will models get MORE emotes???? I would like a few less "provocative(?)" emotes.. Even if this is a Cyberpunk game.. :) A caugh emote, sit emote, lay down emote.. Things like that would be interesting.

Ok I stop asking questions now.. *Hopes for reply* ^.^

Engine will be updated to DX9, which is of course the latest version of DirectX...that should mean all the graphic features present in current games should at least be mimickable...
Yes this is why I am asking these questions! ^_^ They can use mimic(?) the features but will they??

athon
08-04-04, 11:31
I would like to see a sit feature. In Anarchy Online this feature works great - altho you heal faster while seated, it's also used for meetings, gatherings etc. Instead of everyone on their feet playing with their weapons or whatever, they are sitting down and concentrating on the meeting (you know, kind of like a bunch of school children :D )

AO also has loads more emotive gestures, which really helps with roleplay I think. You can shake your fist at someone while cursing them if the steal you kill. And you do a back flip when you level, which I think is kind of neat.

I'm not saying that I want NC to turn into AO, I just feel that NC lacks the ability for people to express emotions as well, and I beleive this inhibits roleplay.

And BTW, the DirectX version has nothing to do with gestures, visible armor or anything like that. It just means that, if they wish to, the devs can use the latest particle effects or whatever.

Epic still get OpenGL (which hasn't been updated in several years) to do everything DirectX does - personally I hate the fact that people use DirectX (probably just because it's well known), it discourages porting to other OS's like Mac and *nix.

Athon Solo

n3m
08-04-04, 11:38
we need a Dance emote like the one in DAOC

olavski
08-04-04, 11:51
a monk, getting longer and longer beard o.O (for the ladies.. i dunno)

:D

That would be funny, capped monks stumble and fall over their own beard.

Superbron
08-04-04, 12:35
I hope with the new models, you can undress and strip down to your underwear.

I hope naked people get shot by copbots.

Hmm nudity laws. :)
hehehe. Gonna buy Rockwear bathing suit, take my towel and go sunbathing at Viarosso. Ooh would you put some sunblock on my back plz Mr. Copbot?

Maarten
08-04-04, 13:35
You know what also would be cool and realistic? New characters should start as childs/teenagers and should grow a little every week or something. And make every stage of aging have a cap. So you can't go to level 100 in the first week you made your char. Your char needs to be at least a month old and an adult before it can cap.

Superbron
08-04-04, 13:51
You know what also would be cool and realistic? New characters should start as childs/teenagers and should grow a little every week or something. And make every stage of aging have a cap. So you can't go to level 100 in the first week you made your char. Your char needs to be at least a month old and an adult before it can cap.
New character means nursing and changing dipers by a ppu I guess

Genty
08-04-04, 14:12
New character means nursing and changing dipers by a ppu I guess

No change to what happens currently then.

Judge
08-04-04, 14:32
I'm really liking the sound of the more customisable character look.... but tbh with you, I'm fine with the graphics that Neocron has at the moment. I'm more interested in getting the FPS up by making it rely more upon graphics card.

But then I'm biased towards PvP so meh.

System
08-04-04, 14:57
Hey KK!!!!!!!!!!!!! Answer these questions, communicate with the community these ideas are uber lets hope KK's developers thought of these as well.

Kasumi
08-04-04, 15:11
Or maybe a child appearance and you stay as that permanently, or teenage appearance or adult.. or "aged" appearance.. :)

And BTW, the DirectX version has nothing to do with gestures, visible armor or anything like that. It just means that, if they wish to, the devs can use the latest particle effects or whatever.
Yes I know but it does help with several other things.. :)

Hey KK!!!!!!!!!!!!! Answer these questions, communicate with the community these ideas are uber lets hope KK's developers thought of these as well.
I hope for a reply!! http://kimagure.cutegirl.jp/usa_niko.gif