PDA

View Full Version : Innocents - Make Copbots/Stormbots shoot straight!

Heavyporker
07-04-04, 23:59
This "beam outta sky" is a little... deus ex machina, isn't it? especially when you're indoors, i suppose.

how about we vote to make the coppies and stormies as they were before, shooting blobs of plasma and raygun (well, with that DoY Guardian using raygun now, maybe make NC stormies use laser or something?) horizonally?

How about it, guys?

amfest
08-04-04, 00:04
***looks at porker's poll choices again.
***sighs***

Anyhow I agree they should shoot straight.

cRazy2003
08-04-04, 00:06
this shuda been on the other thread i juust did lol

ZoomZoom
08-04-04, 00:15
dont forget mc5 guys

Q`alooaith
08-04-04, 00:43
***looks at porker's poll choices again.
***sighs***

Anyhow I agree they should shoot straight.

What he said, but using longerer word's and diffrent words...

Heavy, a yes, no and maybe will get better results than a poll where people have to stop and think, "is the first option for a change, or aganst?" and so on.

It's better to be clever in a post rather than in a poll option..

-Q

Kal
08-04-04, 00:50
dues ex machina?

Epsilon 5
08-04-04, 00:53
dues ex machina?

AFAIK an ancient greek-based expression based on stories in theaters that would end up with a god showing up and setting everything "right" with the movement of a finger or something. AKA the "win button".

Duder
08-04-04, 00:55
"In some ancient Greek drama, an apparently insoluble crisis was solved by the intervention of a god, often brought on stage by an elaborate piece of equipment. This "god from the machine" was literally a deus ex machina. Few modern works feature deities suspended by wires from the ceiling, but the term deus ex machina is still used for cases where an author uses some improbable (and often clumsy) plot device to work his or her way out of a difficult situation. When the cavalry comes charging over the hill or when the impoverished hero is relieved by an unexpected inheritance, it's often called a deus ex machina."

http://newark.rutgers.edu/~jlynch/Terms/deusexmachina.html

googling is hard

petek480
08-04-04, 01:11
Yes, make them shoot straight. Then I can get -17 sl on my ppu and run into p1 while the cops are shooting at me and run around getting everyone killed by the copbots weapon.

naimex
08-04-04, 01:14
people are obviously not paying attention to the other threads on this subject..

iirc they were at one time that way, however one of the reasons for the change was that people would annoy the copbots just to do that, getting the copbots to kill others via the cross-fire.. including low SL players in safe zones.

It's a pity when realisim has to be sacraficed to block exploits
:(

I thought you fixed this by making the copbots "patrol" the zones.

If you need to prevent this further..

Solution :

Make Cop/storm bots use their extreme resists and body health to run around, to find a line of fire that doesnt hit innocent bystanders.

then of course there will still be a risk of dying in crossfire.. but isnt there always ?

I honestly believe that this idea would solve that very exploit with great success.

EDIT: and instead of thinking of ways to exploit it, you should be thinking of ways to solve it...

Scikar
08-04-04, 01:28
Yes make them shoot straight. Considering in DoY they'll shoot anticity rather than low SL people, and considering that anti-city can't just GR into plaza, I think it would work. Maybe wait for DoY but definitely have it in by then.

StryfeX
08-04-04, 01:31
I say yes. I miss the times when they shot "real" plasma. If you're so concerned about exploits, make a new type of plasma rifle for the COPBOTs that doesn't hurt anyone but the intended recipient, like lasers and rayguns.

Or what you could do is make them have anti-shelter/anti-deflector/anti-heal effects that way a PPU couldn't run around in Plaza 1 and get everyone killed.

--Stryfe

IceStorm
08-04-04, 05:30
how about we vote to make the coppies and stormies as they were before, shooting blobs of plasma and raygunDoing this would defeat the distinction and the purpose of the Copot Plasma Rifle.

If you mean add the effect of line-of site but keep the actual damage firing location the same? Sure. Removing the actual method of the attack? We have enough "features" in the game. Doing the terrain/crate thing with the CopBots? Nah, I don't want that. I like them being uber. :-)

numb
08-04-04, 12:08
Yes make them shoot straight. Considering in DoY they'll shoot anticity rather than low SL people, and considering that anti-city can't just GR into plaza, I think it would work. Maybe wait for DoY but definitely have it in by then.

Yeah, also, by DoY there are not going to be safe zones in places like plaza one which contain the copbots, so any player attempting to exploit this can be shot at by other players in the zone. I dont think a ppu can stand up to too much extra fire on top of what the copbot is already dishing out.

n3m
08-04-04, 12:28
I agree, tho the poll options suck

jernau
08-04-04, 13:41
The copbots are fine.

Your poll is stupid however.

ezza
08-04-04, 14:22
ya make em shoot normal plasma, the plasma from the sky is stupid.

plus i wanna see innoccent bystanders taken down, be so funny, hahaha die CA nib who i crouched behind :lol:

NS_CHROME54
09-04-04, 04:38
this poll is crap, and honestly deserves being deleted. posting a poll that tells kk to "fix it" it just plain dumb.

naimex
09-04-04, 04:49
this poll is crap, and honestly deserves being deleted. posting a poll that tells kk to "fix it" it just plain dumb.

but the post is good..