PDA

View Full Version : [Brainport] Controllable Soulcluster?

metalangel
07-04-04, 15:07
Yes, well, we know the SC is bugged, but when working it acts as a autonomous fighting unit, distracting and attacking enemies around the PPU.

Well, how about a Soulcluster that works like a drone? So the PPU takes cover, casts the new SC, and can then fly it around, like a drone, zapping things? Obviously the same time constraints of SCs would apply, but it could be cool, right? RIGHT?

subsys
07-04-04, 15:34
cool idea BUT.

basicly your creating a new droner, who has free unlimited drones, who is niegh on unkillable if he catchs you by yourself (and is any good of course)

not good sorry.

Garg [RogueNET]
07-04-04, 15:36
SC is great when they worked ... a friend dies... pop the SC up.. start the rezing without problems

Birkoff
07-04-04, 15:45
Yeah SCs were perfect B4 the SC "bug", Maybe they were a tad slow but nono sorry thas not a good idea :)

extract
07-04-04, 16:39
sure, but buff stacks go, and like drones no local list, and shit range meaning if u see the SC u could see the PPU...it would be cool for somewhat solo hunting, and missions that require death to npcs

Original monk
07-04-04, 16:43
cool idea BUT.

basicly your creating a new droner, who has free unlimited drones, who is niegh on unkillable if he catchs you by yourself (and is any good of course)

not good sorry.

yeah i think the same, the idea is extremely cool, but unfair to implement for the real droners :)

Archeus
07-04-04, 17:48
Yeah SCs were perfect B4 the SC "bug", Maybe they were a tad slow but nono sorry thas not a good idea :)

Yea before the bug you just used the low level SC spell to command the cluster and you basically had moving turret that could be linked to a target once you had a visible lock on them (no range limit).

Gestra
07-04-04, 18:32
Shit idea. Droners allready do that. A ppu should be hidden away flying his creature, defeats the whole purpose of what the ppu currently does.

The whole the soul cluster worked with its ability to target mobs and people was good. All that is needed is for that too be fixed. Should only be a few months.

Devils Grace
07-04-04, 18:51
Should only be a few months.

right after BDoY is released

oby1sky
07-04-04, 19:11
http://www.faccinebuffe.it/smile/furiosi/furiosi41.gif
Well im a quite int capped ppu of pluto (need the last 2 int lvl)
As yuo can immagine was realy hard for my char to be able to lvl till now.
What im thinikng is that like all of yuo ppu shoud be a little more interesting becouse now that guns power is becoming so strong 2 apu can kill a ppu alone.
So what is the point?
The point is that we can enjoy of killling anything.
We cab enjoy doing mission (for sl or for sympathy...) excpet if yuo are a resercher...
I cant do anithing except sex the aggressor for 2 second....(if someone try to pk me without any reason).
A 40/40 tank is easyly able to kill my 93/93 sc.
What im saying is that if yuo dont want to let the sc be close to a drone...let at least us be able to cast a strong sc that could let me have the time to put the shelter and deflect on my self.
I cant defend my ideas in front of 4 fuking pkers and i cant have fun killing anithing or lvling if someone isnt with me.
Do yuo till think that the ppu are nice?
After 6 mounth (the time that i becomed pure ppu) everyhink is changed so instead asking always for new weapons always hardest and hardest think olso that the ppu need to enjoy playing this game.
As i told yuo before i can defend my ideas in front of 4 pker and i DIE against 4 pkers.i cant be a pure psu becouse if not i coodnt do missions as resercher.
I realy think that peaceful runner like pure ppu shoud be realy have a more strong defens.Or if yuo dont want us to have more defens , then the drone sc sint a bad idea
http://www.faccinebuffe.it/smile/armati/armati9.gif

hivemind
07-04-04, 20:48
I have a better idea: delete monks, and you can all roll up a real class. http://neocron.jafc.de/images/smilies/old/biggrin.gif

Problem solved. http://neocron.jafc.de/images/smilies/old/cool.gif

metalangel
07-04-04, 21:59
/me ph33rs

I sorta anticipated the whole 'the PPU shouldn't be able to do this' response, but I wanted to see what people thought.

So now I know. Fix Saturn, please.

hivemind
07-04-04, 22:05
Nah, I don't have a problem with soulclusters, I have a problem with point-and-click wizards in an FPS sci-fi game... http://neocron.jafc.de/images/smilies/old/rolleyes.gif

Argent
07-04-04, 22:08
Nah, I don't have a problem with soulclusters, I have a problem with point-and-click wizards in an FPS sci-fi game.

Do you have ANY idea what Neocron is quite largely based on?

Obviously not.

Neocrons_coward
07-04-04, 22:11
Yes, well, we know the SC is bugged, but when working it acts as a autonomous fighting unit, distracting and attacking enemies around the PPU.

Well, how about a Soulcluster that works like a drone? So the PPU takes cover, casts the new SC, and can then fly it around, like a drone, zapping things? Obviously the same time constraints of SCs would apply, but it could be cool, right? RIGHT?

I would like the idea BUT.... My control of drones is about as good as my driving... I cannot avoid a lake so therefore cannot control a drone without crashing to the floor

hivemind
07-04-04, 22:27
Do you have ANY idea what Neocron is quite largely based on?

Obviously not. Another bitter uber-hybrid, eh? http://neocron.jafc.de/images/smilies/old/rolleyes.gif

Just because psi-monks are the backdrop for the whole Neocron storyline doesn't mean that they have to be a playable PC race. I'd be much happier with Psi-monks as NPCs only, perhaps occasionally played by GMs to advance storyline.

Just leave everyone else's limited psi alone, and replace monks with some other class. Maybe a dex based melee class. Maybe an int and con based battlefield medic / repairman class. Hell, I dunno. I'm not a game designer, I'm a player. And as a player, I think that point-and-click wizards suck in an FPS sci-fi game.

Sorry about the ranting thread hijack. :(

StrongSad
07-04-04, 22:40
I thought you could already control soulclusters...?

You cast it, then cast the spell on a person and it attacks them. Maybe it was a rumor. :confused: