PDA

View Full Version : Need help with internet explorer.

alig
07-04-04, 15:03
Can anyone tell me why its doing this....its starting to piss me off as it happens often and on certain websites.

Tratos
07-04-04, 15:06
Simple way to solve your problem.

Dont use Internet Explorer.

Go to www.download.com (http://www.download.com) (if you can get it to load, lol)

and search for Avant Browser,

Avant Browser = The Win.

~Tratos

blaczero
07-04-04, 15:13
its spyware, get "ad aware" and "spybot search and destroy" to clean it off of your machine.

and the previous poster is correct, IE and outlook are 2 of the crappiest applications anyone could use.

i would suggest firefox for a browser from mozilla.org, it has an integrated pop up browser and image blocker.

subsys
07-04-04, 15:28
i second firefox as a browser, shit hot imo. thunderbird (mozilla mail client) is damn good also, opera is also nice if your prefere an all in one.

think of ie as a giant hole in your computer and you can kinda grasp how secure it is.

extract
07-04-04, 15:31
windows update!!!

alig
07-04-04, 15:36
Ok thx...ill try one of them.

I never do windows update though, 1) XP is still vunerable 2) one of their updates screws my internet connection up (As said by FreeServe themselfs) and 3) my XP is not legit o_O so i cant get service packs.

Birkoff
07-04-04, 15:46
Get opera :)

Alamais
07-04-04, 15:47
Yar! Opera all the way. ;)

alig
07-04-04, 15:58
Where do i find this opera?

How do i set it as default internet as well when i put it on?

subsys
07-04-04, 16:00
http://www.opera.com/

it will ask you the first time you start it up, just say yes i want opera to be my defult browser

Girian
07-04-04, 16:01
1. Download Ad Aware (www.lavasoftusa.com)

or

2. Download Firefox -previously known as FireBird- (http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/)

alig
07-04-04, 16:04
Tried ad-aware....it didnt help, only had 5 things to remove, recently reformatted :( so im going to try one of these internet browsers now.

Spoon
07-04-04, 16:11
I say you got your security levels set too high to view gamershell...

Go to Internet Options>Security tab>Internet and set the level to low or medium.....

It's probably trying to run an ActiveX control or java/script crap that your settings won't allow....

FreeBassX
07-04-04, 16:17
FireFox = Teh Win!!!! Fast, minimal, cross-platform and supports all the essential plugins. (ie. Java, Shockwave / Flash, ect)

IE = Broken, non-standard, security risk and non-cross platform.

Opera = Bloated browser, still better than IE though and cross platform.

Lynx / Links = Ub3r browsers, but not sutiable for 95% of all people cause they need their pretty little pictures and their clicky icons to make things work.

Mozilla = Very nice, but yet a little bloated cause of the Composer, Mail Client and Chatzilla. But, easily overlooked due to it being cross-platform.

extract
07-04-04, 16:35
my XP is not legit

well maybe there lies the problem, and no this isnt a bag on pirated software, but it could very well be the cause....maybe........who knows, this is the reason I use computers not fix them :lol:

Nidhogg
07-04-04, 16:37
Software piracy is theft. Thread closed.

N