PDA

View Full Version : For all who hunt hovers........ this is the trick

seratoz
06-04-04, 23:49
:D Well i noticed a lot of people have trouble hacking hoverbots....... this is caused by an error between the client and server. For some reason you see the bot in one spot and when you click the server sends a message saying "hey m8, nothing is there". <<------ my explanation anyways.

As Soon As You Kill The Hover RELOG

When you relog the server sends your client the exact location of the dead bot and then all you have to do is walk up and hack it no problem.

amfest
06-04-04, 23:55
yes is somewhat a workaround and I know about it. It doesn't just happen with hovers it happens with mobs sometimes like warbots and such that are killed near cliff edges or slopes of some kind. Relogging sucks personally for me cause I just can't just go back to login screen and then enter back in. It wont' let me I have to shut neocron down completely back to launcher and then enter again. Takes my crap PC a bit to launch again sometimes. What is needed is a fix not a work around. :\ Why isn't the client and server readjusting correctly? Is it when the mob is dead the server just sorta forgets about it's location update to the client? I wouldn't care if after 5 seconds after I kill it the mob's body sorta glitches and jumps to the proper place as long as it's in the proper place to access.

numb
07-04-04, 00:17
Yeah this bug really annoys me when it happens, I hope it will be fixed like you are suggesting amfest.

Good workaround though :) For WBs I just try and make sure I dont ever kill them when they are heading up and down a slope.

Cyphor
07-04-04, 15:15
Good idea :) although gona be hard to hack them the times when you relog and the mob stands as if its alive...all the way up in the air :p

extract
07-04-04, 15:30
I usually find that just holding down the right click(space for me) on random parts of the ground til "damn locked!" appears works everytime as well

NOW if u could just let me know how to hack those warbots where u click hack on them a million times and it never opens hack window Id be most appreciated, i always get the "damn locked!" text, but sometimes warbots just wont let me hack em

and usually its after killing 10 with no techs, and the one i cant hack more than likely has 3 lol

oh well