PDA

View Full Version : Omfg Haxxxxx Mechs...

Opar
06-04-04, 23:22
Now, some of you may have seen this before, but i certainly havent, its amazingly.... weird :p

http://www.neocronnetwork.de/gallery/extra/mechbot.jpg

OMFG HAX HAX HAX

Looks cool, since ive never seen it before @___@

Cruzbroker
06-04-04, 23:25
weird.

Jest
06-04-04, 23:29
It gets posted every once and a while. Definitely looks cool. I may as well open the can of worms early. Which class should be able to drive them? *runs*

Drake6k
06-04-04, 23:39
Look at the resolution that guy is using :eek: o_O

=Chojin=
06-04-04, 23:42
Looks like a giant metal frog with guns.

seratoz
06-04-04, 23:54
Looks badass, Where did you see that at/when did you see it? How do i get to see it lol Man that might make vehicle combat worth while, itd be fucking cool to be minding your own besiness walking through the wastelands and run into someone in one of those.........

Tratos
06-04-04, 23:55
Why is that not in game? :eek:

~Tratos

Judge
06-04-04, 23:57
That thing looks scary as fuck.... one thing you wouldn't like to walk into in a dark canyon.

amfest
06-04-04, 23:57
heh this sorta thing will bring out the dreams of mechs being put into game like we were hoping from beta that "SPYS" could work.

EDIT: i'm sure almost every PE and their dog is going to complain if they can't drive them though :p

plague
06-04-04, 23:59
w00000 looks kewl like from mechwarrior 1 lol anyone remembers those 3dfx accelerated uber grAphics =P
looks like it was somewhere in tg canyons..... when they gonna implement those?

naimex
07-04-04, 00:16
I´m scared :(

Cerebus
07-04-04, 00:24
The structure in the background is the grandstand at desert racetrack.
No garage tho, so must be an old pic.

Cerebus

amfest
07-04-04, 00:26
I tell you though with as slow as mechs typically are, they sure as hell better make them be able to take a crap load of dmg. With the ease of non sacrificial points it takes to get anti vehicle weapons It just wont' last very long. Then again I'm really against anti-vehicle weapons. You get a vehicle and someone who doesn't have to gimp for these weapons just switches and destroys it fairly quickly.

there are also other things I saw in beta and such that I haven't seen in retail. those cyborg ceres warriors :( damn i miss those. I also recall when hovers were massive in the skys around TH there being some sorta robot thing on the ground with some hammer like objects on it I think. It would slide across the ground really fast to a certain point and then maybe move back. Unless it was some bugged mob but It was very scary. Theres also that giant worm that only exists on test server now I think that goes underground and comes out and attacks. But the AI is bugged so it will go underground sometimes and never come back up :p

Asatru
07-04-04, 00:32
It gets posted every once and a while. Definitely looks cool. I may as well open the can of worms early. Which class should be able to drive them? *runs*

Mechwarriors ofcourse :D

http://www.mektek.net/modules/Gallery/gallery/battletech/WFTWolf.jpg

CeliaDiamantine
07-04-04, 00:38
Looks like a giant metal frog with guns.

Nope, absolutely wrong, no Frenchy has been used to create this ...

plague
07-04-04, 00:47

am french me legs r fine thank you........ no am not but thats kinda mean if i was tho rasist coment.. and it says somthing below er name "blah blah%#@@ Wanderbra" wtf is wanderbra o_O ........ I want one does it give you big boobs?

CeliaDiamantine
07-04-04, 00:50
Man, it can be consider as racism, because I AM FRENCH, and u know, we have a certain sense of humor about ourself ...
And yes, i'm test driver for Wonderbra ...

naimex
07-04-04, 00:52
wtf is wanderbra o_O ........ I want one does it give you big boobs?

now..

afaik it just uses some fluffy stuff in the bra to make it look bigger, and then i think it pushes the breasts up so they appear bigger and more firm..

but then again, I´m a boy.. what do I know...

El_MUERkO
07-04-04, 01:06
I play at that res :D

StryfeX
07-04-04, 02:09
I swear that thing looks like it's squatting to take a dump or something. o_O Getting rid of it's old nuclear fuel. :D ;)

Anyway... It's odd. Although I would love to see mechs come with DoY.

That screenshot isn't TOO old. You can see someone using one of the Trade channels.

--Stryfe

ezza
07-04-04, 02:21
it was off the test server long time ago iirc

Archeus
07-04-04, 09:00
it was off the test server long time ago iirc

Yep. It was rumoured to come into the game then got dropped. Maybe DOY? who knows.

Heavyporker
07-04-04, 09:02
all I can say is that it better be in DoY.

If they can get TerrorMaulers and DoomReapers to walk right, then this mech should be piss easy. Plus the concept of massive firepower for slow movement ain't bad at all... being able to take on two, maybe three Rhinos at same time... I wouldn't complain about that.

Original monk
07-04-04, 09:17
there has been rumoured so much by know ... if i would of believed every rumour then doy should of been out about a month after retail ... im still waiting lol

i dont believe those badboys gonna come in :/ pitty

but this is about the size that we need MOBS ! :P

make a mob KK, similar to that mech, give em extremely intelligent AI, give em immense firepower, make em fast, long ranged attack etc ...

indeed: HILEVEL content :P

sumthing ya need 50 peeps for (including 10 ppu's) to put it down ...

mmm, big fat ass mobs with big fat loot, mmmmm

tasty

phunqe
07-04-04, 09:50
It's called wonderbra...

...cause it makes you wonder how things would look without it :p

Ohhh... we men.. we are such simple creatures :p

LordJammer
07-04-04, 10:06

lol, did you play AO? :)
thats exactly what you get there o_O

shodanjr_gr
07-04-04, 10:20
I really hope thats not the final model of the mech when it arrives cause i would actually be ashamed to drive that.

amfest
07-04-04, 10:21
there has been rumoured so much by know ... if i would of believed every rumour then doy should of been out about a month after retail ... im still waiting lol

i dont believe those badboys gonna come in :/ pitty

but this is about the size that we need MOBS ! :P

make a mob KK, similar to that mech, give em extremely intelligent AI, give em immense firepower, make em fast, long ranged attack etc ...

tasty
http://www.brimstone.com/~jasona/DAoC/dragon/dragon_post_5.jpg

Everytime I see that I just go gahhhhh. Remidns me of the first part ending of one of the servers I was on and they spawned mutant gunmen all around plaza 1 in masses . bodies everywhere.

I'd personally like huge moving fortress type vehicles like DOY moving one down to neocron's gates and a GM could be actually driving it zone to zone. It would move extremely slow but would roll over the mountains and waters like nothing heh. I"m sure it would encounter problems with tress and stuff >_<

-=Bl@de=-
07-04-04, 14:02
when was this mech seen? im interested, looks sexy

ezza
07-04-04, 14:10
its was about 8 months ago on the test server, think a GM/KK guy had just left it parked in the canyon areas when the snap shot was taken.

Original monk
07-04-04, 14:18

looong time ago i think cause i saw this picture a loong ass time ago also

maybe if you nicely ask a GM if he can spawn one at some event or sumthing, that is if they still even exist :) wich i doubt actually

and lordjammer: i never played AO, but i do play entropia and there's sumthing like a warlock #7 (a giant bot) ... its 10 times as fast as you, 10 times as big, 10 times as smart and does long range damage, immense damage :)

but the dragon amfest posted looks pretty cool also ... certainly if youre standing infront of em all by youreself i think :P

Devils Grace
07-04-04, 14:24
am french me legs r fine thank you........ no am not but thats kinda mean if i was tho rasist coment.. and it says somthing below er name "blah blah%#@@ Wanderbra" wtf is wanderbra o_O ........ I want one does it give you big boobs?

wonderbra - once this object is removed u wonder where her tits went

Opar
07-04-04, 14:45
Honeypot is viewing this thread, could you explain please ^^

Devils Grace
07-04-04, 14:46
Honeypot is viewing this thread, could you explain please ^^

does she uses wonderbra ?
if the reply is yes i prefer not ;)

s0apy
07-04-04, 15:20
i'm curious as to how you would balance such a thing. wouldn't we all just end up riding around in mechs the whole time if they were near indestructible, massive firepower, ultimate death machines?

ezza
07-04-04, 15:35
i'm curious as to how you would balance such a thing. wouldn't we all just end up riding around in mechs the whole time if they were near indestructible, massive firepower, ultimate death machines?
well they would still have weak points like the rhino, like getting in behind it and letting rip with anti vehicle rockets etc

Original monk
07-04-04, 15:35

make em slow :)

Honeypot
07-04-04, 15:48
does she uses wonderbra ?
if the reply is yes i prefer not ;)

No he does not use a wonderbra oO

As far as the screenshot goes, I am not a DEV so all i can say it is a very old shot with a very early version.

s0apy
07-04-04, 15:50
well they would still have weak points like the rhino, like getting in behind it and letting rip with anti vehicle rockets etc

i guess making em slow, and making them easily destroyed by anti-vehicle would work - but then if they are so slow and relatively easily blown up, why bother with them in the first place?

and making them insanely expensive probably won't work too well on saturn at least either ;) .

Devils Grace
07-04-04, 15:50
No he does not use a wonderbra oO

As far as the screenshot goes, I am not a DEV so all i can say it is a very old shot with a very early version.

so my guess is that you did undertsand what i said
its pretty easy

Cyphor
07-04-04, 16:02
Rather than making them so slow noone will want to use them imo they should just have a low rate of fire or give them weakpoints, possibly at the joints or something where they can be taken down quicker if you have a good aim.

The prob with mechs being implimented that i can see is that they will become the ultimate one man combat veh, this may sound good but very hard to balance as one man can have the defence and fire power of about a rhino. It would be a good step in the direction of creating other character options, atm there are some veh pe's but its not that viable imo. These would make them great for ops etc however untill a way to balance them in the game they would be too overpowered, perhalps give all classes a anti-veh gun and balance them so they dont take veh out in a few hits. Either way once they do finally get implimented they gonna be damn cool :D

Original monk
07-04-04, 16:40
sorry for the offtopic :/

but i yust saw cyphor here: HAPPY 20'th BIRTHDAY !!!!

:)

enjoy and dont get do drunk ok :)

Cyphor
07-04-04, 17:23
sorry for the offtopic :/

but i yust saw cyphor here: HAPPY 20'th BIRTHDAY !!!!

:)

enjoy and dont get do drunk ok :)

Heh thx m8 :D

Too late for the warning on not getting too drunk :( in the recovery process from last night atm :angel:

=Chojin=
07-04-04, 19:25

Wtf?
stupid twat. i said it looked like a metal frog with guns........ frenchy??? wtf?

Church
07-04-04, 19:29
gimme something like that :D
and i swear ffs i delete my pe ( exists since retailstart)
and make a spy to use that uber thing called mec :D

http://grayson.cgworks.com/3d/big/dread.jpg

shodanjr_gr
07-04-04, 19:32
gimme something like that :D
and i swear ffs i delete my pe ( exists since retailstart)
and make a spy to use that uber thing called mec :D

http://grayson.cgworks.com/3d/big/dread.jpg

Yep, Space Marine Dreadnaughts>ALL!!!!!