PDA

View Full Version : OT - You Know You're a Geek When...

Danae
06-04-04, 22:10
You use Warhammer paints to decorate your son's Easter Egg :p

http://www.geekygamer.com/eegg.jpg

msdong
06-04-04, 22:13
You use Warhammer paints to decorate your son's Easter Egg :p

at least you eggs are not painted "warhammer style" ....

XSuneX
06-04-04, 22:17
And, it is very nice. :) Lets hear it for us Geeks... Woo Hooo

I know I'm a Geek cuz I'll please my daughter and not mind if I look like a fool.. :)

Danae
06-04-04, 22:18
hehe no :p But we were discussion doing the next egg in Neocron style. I only have one more to do though. I'm not exactly a good painter.

XSuneX - that's definitly the right way to be ;) As long as you make your children smile, who cares if you look silly!

Heavyporker
06-04-04, 22:20
Damn... Easter Eggs NC-Style...

well, orange/black definely would be interesting on an egg...

though I wonder at the scenes you'd see on that egg... Mutant bunny hopping around ?

Judge
06-04-04, 22:22
I just started painting up some of my old Warhammer 40K stuff again. Man, looking at prices I remember why I stopped collecting. 0_0

Kasumi
06-04-04, 22:26
Easter.. I have never seen it before..http://www.nt.sakura.ne.jp/~leiwong/leicat/leicat05.gif hehe Is it any interesting?? Whats it about? Well I kind of know what it is about but someone provide me with more information?? http://www.kaomoji.net/kaoanidata/leicat03.gif Sorry for "kind of" offtopic!

=Chojin=
06-04-04, 22:29
I just started painting up some of my old Warhammer 40K stuff again. Man, looking at prices I remember why I stopped collecting. 0_0

yup fucking rip, remember when all of it was relatively "cheap" compared to now.

inflation....what a bitch

Mingerroo
06-04-04, 22:30

So true, sometimes it makes me feel sick thinking that all those wonderfully painted miniatures I collected so long ago cost about £200, and I never use them! (Except my mate just started so he wants to play this week)

Steve

Asatru
06-04-04, 22:31
Easter.. I have never seen it before.. http://www.nt.sakura.ne.jp/~leiwong/leicat/leicat05.gif hehe Is it any interesting?? Whats it about? Well I kind of know what it is about but someone provide me with more information?? http://www.kaomoji.net/kaoanidata/leicat03.gif Sorry for "kind of" offtopic!
Umm where are you from :confused:

DOH, dint see that Kasumi had loction under her name.:angel:

Dribble Joy
06-04-04, 22:33
Japan.

@kasumi-chan.

Easter is a Christian 'holiday'/celebration. It is partly about spring and partly about the resurection of christ (winter-spring- new life etc etc).

=Chojin=
06-04-04, 22:35
Easter.. I have never seen it before..http://www.nt.sakura.ne.jp/~leiwong/leicat/leicat05.gif hehe Is it any interesting?? Whats it about? Well I kind of know what it is about but someone provide me with more information?? http://www.kaomoji.net/kaoanidata/leicat03.gif Sorry for "kind of" offtopic!

Easter [Show phonetics]
noun [C or U]
a Christian religious holiday to celebrate Jesus Christ's return to life after he was killed:

Easter Sunday, Easter Day noun [C usually singular]
the day on which Easter is celebrated

ppl give chocolate eggs to each other........ somehow this represents jesus returning to life.......

oh and lots of bunnys for a random reason.

Saza
06-04-04, 22:37
You think that the 1337 dictionary is the funniest website you seen since www.homestarrunner.com .

Dribble Joy
06-04-04, 22:38
Bunnies, chicks (the poultry kind), and other young things you see in spring.

Basically.
Christ is crucified (ick) and dies (awww), he rises from the dead 3 days later (weee).

There are several days of significance around the main day (easter sunday) regarding events.
Ash wednesday, good friday, shrove tuesday.

The rising from the dead and the return of life from winter and the such.

Danae
06-04-04, 22:40
Not neccessarily religious anymore though. Commercialized by the "Easter Bunny" who fills your basket with eggs and candy sorta like Santa meets Hugh Heffner. o_O

To me, just another excuse to eat chocolate and have a family dinner!

=Chojin=
06-04-04, 22:44
sorta like Santa meets Hugh Heffner.

errrrr wtf :wtf:

thats the weirdest description of easter ive ever heard

MegaCorp
06-04-04, 22:47
Easter ...

Originally a Christian holiday celebrating Christ's resurrection. As with Christmas (Christ's birth / Santa Claus), Easter also became a non-religious holiday by way of the Easter Bunny. The Easter Bunny hides eggs around the house or the yard outside for children to find in the morning. They traditionally run around with woven baskets in which they put the eggs they find. The eggs are sometimes hardboiled eggs with colored or painted shells, or plastic colored eggs filled with candy. The children might also wake up to find they each have a woven basket filled with Easter oriented candies (chocolate bunnies and various kinds of candy eggs and stuff) which are nestled in synthetic green grass. As part of the [pre]holiday festivities children often decorate eggs: sometimes to leave out the night before for the Easter Bunny to hide and them to then find, or to be given / traded / eaten on Easter. Other variations probably exist as well. Where i grew up the local park also sponsored an annual "Great Easter Egg Hunt" for children all over the neighborhood to come looking for eggs and receive candy as well - a time to have some family fun.

Edit: oh, and of course there are Easter Parades here in various parts of the US as well.

Spook

Danae
06-04-04, 22:47
heh as in (Playboy) Bunnies :p Sorry...I have a warped sense of humour!

=Chojin=
06-04-04, 22:50
heh as in (Playboy) Bunnies

I know what u ment ........ but its still weird lol

Jesus, Easter Bunny and Hugh......+ entourage of women

Tratos
06-04-04, 22:51
Edit, note to self refresh page after not viewing for like 20mins as people DO ACTUALY POST, lol

~Tratos

Saza
06-04-04, 22:52
I know what u ment ........ but its still weird lol

Jesus, Easter Bunny and Hugh......+ entourage of women

Yeah Hugh was the dude who turned Jesus in to the Germans right? Which started the second world war or summat like that?

This is why I don't do History for GCSE.

Jest
06-04-04, 22:53
Still have never figured out where the actual bunny part came from.

=Chojin=
06-04-04, 22:53
dunno where the eggs thing came from tho O_o

~Tratos
the eggs are understandable..... signifying new life..... but Bunnys...... :wtf:

Nidhogg
06-04-04, 22:57
Does having a binary watch (http://www.tokyoflash.com/viewwatch.php?id=32&from=M1) count? :p One of only 500 made - and they're all sold.

N

Saza
06-04-04, 22:58
Does having a binary watch (http://www.tokyoflash.com/viewwatch.php?id=32&from=M1) count? :p One of only 500 made - and they're all sold.

N

No Nid it just shows that you love to show off, which isn't a geek associated thing. We are usually recluses.

MegaCorp
06-04-04, 22:58
Well, the rabbit is viewed as a fertility symbol by some people/cultures, because they are so prolific ... hence they are also a tie-in to "new life". Which is what gave Hugh the idea to begin with. :p

Spook

Judge
06-04-04, 23:03
Well, the rabbit is viewed as a fertility symbol by some people/cultures, because they are so prolific ... hence they are also a tie-in to "new life".

New life and.... sex.

=Chojin=
06-04-04, 23:05
Well, the rabbit is viewed as a fertility symbol by some people/cultures, because they are so prolific ... hence they are also a tie-in to "new life".

Spook
bah i prefer Eddie Izzard's version, he did a sketch on easter, and bunnys are associated with easter because the hill in which the cross was placed had a warren under it lol

MegaCorp
06-04-04, 23:05
Just Googled this off the Net:

"The Easter bunny has its origin in pre-Christian fertility lore. The Hare and the Rabbit were the most fertile animals known and they served as symbols of the new life during the Spring season. The bunny as an Easter symbol seems to have it's origins in Germany, where it was first mentioned in German writings in the 1500s. The first edible Easter bunnies were made in Germany during the early 1800s. And were made of pastry and sugar.

The Easter bunny was introduced to American folklore by the German settlers who arrived in the Pennsylvania Dutch country during the 1700s. The arrival of the "Oschter Haws" was considered "childhood's greatest pleasure" next to a visit from Christ-Kindel on Christmas Eve. The children believed that if they were good the "Oschter Haws" would lay a nest of colored eggs.

The children would build their nest in a secluded place in the home, the barn or the garden. Boys would use their caps and girls their bonnets to make the nests . The use of elaborate Easter baskets would come later as the tradition of the Easter bunny spread through out the country."

Spook

uber java
06-04-04, 23:17
Damn... Easter Eggs NC-Style...

well, orange/black definely would be interesting on an egg...

though I wonder at the scenes you'd see on that egg... Mutant bunny hopping around ?

Don't you mean teh killer bunneh? :D

Kasumi
06-04-04, 23:28
Thank you everyone for answering my question! ^_^

=Chojin=
06-04-04, 23:30
Glad we could help :)

Jest
06-04-04, 23:31
Just Googled this off the Net:

The Easter bunny has its origin in pre-Christian fertility lore. The Hare and the Rabbit were the most fertile animals known and they served as symbols of the new life during the Spring season.

Spook Hence the saying F*ing like rabbits. ;)

Thanks for the info though Spook never knew that.