PDA

View Full Version : What will become of FA in DOY?

Birdman[H.E.]
06-04-04, 20:44
Yeah after the EXP what will become of FA? PRO CITY? ANTI CITY?

Thanks

Marx
06-04-04, 20:45
']Yeah after the EXP what will become of FA? PRO CITY? ANTI CITY?

Thanks
Looks anti-city so far.

ezza
06-04-04, 20:45
anti city

Alex The Great
06-04-04, 20:46
anti city.

Birdman[H.E.]
06-04-04, 20:49
Any place where i can see the Pro City and Anti City Factions?

Marx
06-04-04, 20:51
']Any place where i can see the Pro City and Anti City Factions?Figure anyone not allied with CA and in the city is anti-city.

40$Poser
06-04-04, 20:57
pro city
City Admin
Diamond Real Estate
Biotech
Proto Pharm
Tangent Technologies
NExT
City Mercs (I think 0_o)

anti city
black dragon
twilight guardian
fallen angels
crahn sect
tsunami syndicate

and of course...

p-diddy
http://gfx.dagbladet.no/kultur/2003/09/17/diddyreuterssak1.jpg

Saza
06-04-04, 21:08
Mercs are neutral. Im pretty sure about this - they will be the "transition" faction between the two.

BombShell
06-04-04, 21:09
i think CM will be nuetral i think their nuetral to doy right now

40$Poser
06-04-04, 21:12
Mercs are neutral. Im pretty sure about this - they will be the "transition" faction between the two.

if that's the case for DoY that's pretty lame. There shouldn't be fence hoppers and as far as I understood your either going to be pro city or anti city not in the middle.

Heavyporker
06-04-04, 21:15
actually, i think both CM and FA will be neutral.

and there SHOULD be fence-sitters. Think Switerland. Think freelancers.

FA = Swit, CMs = freelancers.

One doesn't want to get in trouble and likes independence, the other wants as much work as possible for as much money possible.

Dubhead
06-04-04, 21:20
Yet the nature of mercenaries is that they will work for whoever pays them...so them not being pro or anti city makes perfect sense.

40$Poser
06-04-04, 21:20
actually, i think both CM and FA will be neutral.

and there SHOULD be fence-sitters. Think Switerland. Think freelancers.

FA = Swit, CMs = freelancers.

One doesn't want to get in trouble and likes independence, the other wants as much work as possible for as much money possible.

if that were the case, then I don't see why either governing faction DoY/CA would let them into the Dome or NC. Tho as we've heard TH won't be FA property with DoY, but mercs will remain put in the MB.

I mean ya, Mercs being neutral makes sense, just a bunch of people wanting to do business and get paid, but FA should be DoY, no doubt about it.

Geth
06-04-04, 21:21
Not sure where I saw it, but it was said somewhere that Tech Haven will become a Super OP for DoY and will be one of the major areas of conflict, and regardless FA will always be at Tech Haven.

Just a guess by me, but I think the Black Dragons will take over Pepper Park and TS will be pushed out. I get this from the BDoY pictures that showed TS in control of "Sin City" in DoY and for the fact BD has expanded into PP3 (where the Stocktrader used to be near "PP EXIT GR") and the have invested in the outzone Jail.

:edit: For spelling and such

Chase.Devine
06-04-04, 21:54

No, Mercs got a contract with the CityAdmin. :o
Fa .. hum .. neutral or pro DoY,
i'm not sure.

naimex
06-04-04, 21:58
FA are anti-city.

please note this...

CA = Neutral to FA
TG = Allied to FA

If I am not mistaken then....

Some months ago, the CA sieged TH because of something the FA did.

meaning CA is far from happy about the FA.

and as DoY rises again CA pushes the FA in the negotiations regarding faction standing, whereas the FA turns its back completely to CA in their fight for freedom and scientifical advancement.

Heavyporker
06-04-04, 21:58
BD don't have the prison anymore, you forget.

CMs only signed a employment contract with CA, that doesn't mean they're permanently allied.

And BD will be in DoY.

And BD didn't exactly totally take over in PP3 - they just are more visible.

Birdman[H.E.]
06-04-04, 22:18
But we are totally guessing here, any solid word from anyone in KK?

if i have to guess CM will be Neutral, and maybe TH, but who knows, its up to kk really

ezza
06-04-04, 22:36
']But we are totally guessing here, any solid word from anyone in KK?

if i have to guess CM will be Neutral, and maybe TH, but who knows, its up to kk really
they said FA would move to DOY as TH as stated is to be a "super" op of sorts

Opar
06-04-04, 22:58
CM WILL BE PRO-CITY.

I definetly heard Thanatos say this somewhere, ill try to dig it up if possible.

Dribble Joy
06-04-04, 23:03
Mercs are currently neutral to DoY and CA, though CA have hired them in recent times.
That could change you never know.

I do so very hope FA and CM remain neutral to both DoY and CA/NC, both thier agendas support it.

CM WILL BE PRO-CITY.

I definetly heard Thanatos say this somewhere, ill try to dig it up if possible.

If they are, it will suck so much hairy dog balls.

The red vs blue thing is bad enough without this.

NS_CHROME54
06-04-04, 23:13
methinks FA will end up being allied to DoY and neutral to CA, like it is now.

Kenjuten
07-04-04, 00:22
Yes, CityMercs will be Pro-City.

Dribble, I read that merc thread elsewhere here, and after reading this thread, I believe making CM be pro-city will actually make your mercenary status much more livable.

1.) You live up to your name - CityMercs.
2.) You can get contracts and kill enemies.
3.) Your only problem is you can't realistically be contracted to kill anything pro-city. Of course, with Biotech & Tangent and NEXT & Protopharm 95% of the time at each others' throats, you might get some intracity fighting action/employment after all.

Edit: As for FA...they don't have to be hostile with CityAdmin at all. For all you know, they may be put into DoY for CityAdmin's benefit. Never forget that the people who made Tech Haven and those that live under the title of the Fallen Angels were once citizens of Neocron. For them to swallow that history, shit it out, and fight their own people is a bit hard to do for most people that can still be tied to Neocron city.

Dribble Joy
07-04-04, 00:24
Actually due to the lameness of the red vs blue thing, in the story line BT and TT are settling their differences :( (also it has been stated all city factions will be either allied or nuetral to each other, yet more dog nuts of poop)

Scikar
07-04-04, 00:29
I'm actually sick to death now of fighting and being attacked by neutrals/allies just because they're friends with my enemies etc. Seems the best faction to be in if you want to fight a lot isn't the one with the most enemies, it's the one with the most enemies who are enemies with each other. That way you never get to fight a solid enemy force because they're always at each other's throats, and then you can tell everyone how uber you are for mopping up.

Dribble Joy
07-04-04, 00:32
Well... isn't that the mercs then? TG and BD

TG eneimies of TT, BT, CA, DRE, BD
BD enemies of FA, Crahn, CA, TS, CM,

others as well

Only next and pp left out.

Scikar
07-04-04, 00:38
That's only two enemies who are enemies with each other. Consider BD's enemies: CA, TG, FA, CM, TS.

CA enemies with TG and TS.
TG enemies with CM and CA.

The only one which isn't enemies with the others is FA.

Then when you consider that the factions BD often ally with are generally allied to at least one of the factions enemy to BD, you're down to one or two factions at best that can actually fight them without ending up surrounded by a mass of swirling reds.

Though BD isn't the only faction like this, it's certainly the best positioned. And frankly I'm sick of being called to fights and ending up fighting my supposed allies long before my enemies get close. Saturn is on the brink of merging into a red vs blue anyway just to survive.

Dribble Joy
07-04-04, 00:40
Ahh see what you meant now, nm.

CeliaDiamantine
07-04-04, 00:46
Theorically, FA HQ will be moved in DoY, and will become de facto anti-CA.

Rumours?

amfest
07-04-04, 00:50
I doubt FA is going to remain neutrual cause city admin did attack them before in an event and such. City Mercs remain neutrual? I"m sure DOY still holds a grudge against the mercs for their attacks and they did raid the MB base and launched a missle from MB at neocron.

*edit* not just TH will become a super OP but TG canyon also will become a super OP

Dribble Joy
07-04-04, 01:12
Though I cannot find the exact thread/neochronical, DoY has stated that it means the mercs themselves no harm and commends their fighting skills on several occations.

The whole super OP thing is lame in the extreme tbh.

I know the empire strugle will be the focus of NC after the full introduction of DoY, but that's no reason to destroy a good portion of the character of the NC world and the relations between the different factions.

Seeing two of the more interesting factions (FA and CM are the only factions I have joined apart from when I was a n00b) get sidelided in such a way is.. depressing.

Kenjuten
07-04-04, 01:46
=\

Dribble, I made a post earlier to counter what you just said...

Why don't ya think what I said is accurate? I wanna know.

Dribble Joy
07-04-04, 01:48
Which one?

There is evidence to both sides.

I just think it will suck utterly if the neutral factions are bundled together with the others, it's just BORING.

Kenjuten
07-04-04, 03:10
Which one?
Mm, I guess ya just missed it then. Lemme quote ^^;

Edit: As for FA...they don't have to be hostile with CityAdmin at all. For all you know, they may be put into DoY for CityAdmin's benefit. Never forget that the people who made Tech Haven and those that live under the title of the Fallen Angels were once citizens of Neocron. For them to swallow that history, shit it out, and fight their own people is a bit hard to do for most people that can still be tied to Neocron city.

Marx
07-04-04, 03:19
stuff
Just because the Fallen Angels might have a problem fighting former friends and former fellows doesn't mean the military forces of Neocron will have a problem slaughtering them.

For all we know, FA might have to fight back solely to survive. Only time can tell how the plot will unfold.

Kenjuten
07-04-04, 03:48
I understand that, I was simply giving a possibility. =\

It's really up to Reza/Neocron itself. They can either use FA to their advantage or do what you say, imo.

hegemonic
07-04-04, 05:19
RE: TH becoming absorbed by CA or DoY:
I don't believe it would make sense for TH to be 'taken over' by either side because of all the security measures implemented throughout TH and it's surrounding areas. TH is located in the mountains, thus having a natural geographical defense and military (positioning) advantage over any faction that would try to raid it. Add that to the fact that the gravlifts are not working in TH, and that most of TH is located underground.

Remember that when CA was in TH, the FA were not resisting the presence; CA came in unannounced and without resistance because the FAs had no reason to fear attacks from CA prior to that.

RE: TH becoming a "super OP":
This just wouldn't make sense because besides the fact that FA are scientists with alleged uber tech skills, thus should be virtually unhackable... making TH a "super OP" would be a terrific waste of an enormous space for one clan to "hold". Simply put, TH as a "super OP" would be a waste of server space and/or bandwidth --TH is just too big for one clan to hold.

RE: FA allying with CA or DoY:
Besides the possibility of remaining somewhat neutral, the only thing that would make sense would be for FA to ally itself with DoY, considering that FA is currently allied with TG and NEXT... this would lead me to believe that NEXT would become DoY as well, since FA and NEXT relations seem to be good as well.

RE: BD allying with DoY:
Does NOT make sense since BD and TG are enemies. TG, according to what the storyline would have us believe, is much bigger than BD, more organized and has more political sway with DoY than BD. Also, the philosophy of TG as rebel freedom fighters is a contradiction to BD's philosophy of tyranny "Can you refuse our offer?".

----------
Just some thoughts of mine on the subject. Let me know what you think.

___bigs___

Geth
07-04-04, 06:36
RE: TH becoming absorbed by CA or DoY:
I don't believe it would make sense for TH to be 'taken over' by either side because of all the security measures implemented throughout TH and it's surrounding areas.

I don't see TH being taken over from force by either side, I see FA joining up with one side willingly. I think it should be DoY for they are the ones that originally held the Ceres discs and the conflict between DoY and Neocron was over the control of information. Short answer DoY did not want its tech used for war, but Neocron did. Tech for peace seems much more FA.

RE: TH becoming a "super OP":
This just wouldn't make sense because besides the fact that FA are scientists with alleged uber tech skills, thus should be virtually unhackable.
TH should not be as one giant OP, but hackable is sections, a collection of OPs all linked together. As to the security of their systems, they will only be as good as their best FA's; Their Runners. So yes it should be hard, but not impossible to hack, for all runners of the same class have the same possiblilty of skill level (in theory) regardless of faction. Should faction effect skill points? This a question debated in many other threads.

RE: BD allying with DoY:
I totally agree with you. In short, BD does not work well with others. :lol:

naimex
07-04-04, 06:42
Oh for the love of god !!!

Listen to what i wrote last time already !!!

if you REALLY want proof that FA is going to be on DoY side..

go to that J_13 whatever !!

there are 2 york troopers and 2 doy members standing..

a FA can take missions with them, and they are part of the FA epic.

the dude says : With the imminent alliance of FA and DoY..

ok get it now ??

Question answered

Lots of irrellevant stuff.

yak yak

/Please Close

Estabin
07-04-04, 06:46
I don't care who goes where, as long as Neocron (the city) doesn't lose the Red Light district... I read somewhere they are putting in better looking stripper models and I need my daily dose of cyber boobs 8|

Maester Seymour
07-04-04, 06:48
Iorghe has pretty much already answered some of these questions already ;)

I don't understand the last 15 posts. Anyways, does anyone know if Fallen Angels will be able to travel to NC and DOY?

no

edit:
they won't directly, they can sneak in, but FA will be red to City admin and friends

same goes for CM (but the other way around, meaning cm is red to Twilight and friends)

for further things on faction relations read the article :p