PDA

View Full Version : Support for forum style selection?

phunqe
06-04-04, 09:35
The forum "engine" we have here is vBulletin.
Now, vBulletin has support for user selectable styles (or themes if you like).

Styles must be predefined by the board administrators. For example there might be 3 different ones:

"Neocron default"
"Neocron old school orange"
"Neocron brave pink"

:p

The selection is usually a simple drop down box at the top or bottom of the forum pages (selection is applied to the whole forum).
As far as I know it's a pretty quick job to defines styles (correct me if I'm wrong), and the maintenance should be more or less zero when the styles are once defined.

What do you think? Should we be able to select our preffered style on this forum? For administration's sake we can limit it to colours only for now :)

phunqe
06-04-04, 12:34
LOL. 18 Views and no votes in 4hrs :p

Ok ok, I get the hint. I'll shaddapp :D

t0tt3
06-04-04, 12:57
phunqe DP!!! baaad boy :)

Anyway cool that they fixed the view bug :D
Think its a cool idea to make a diffrent style option but when I see ingame....
Cant say we got soooo many options to style our selfe can see twins all the time.

But to code diffrent colorscheme isnt that hard :cool:

deac
06-04-04, 12:58
i want the old look back it was much easier to read.

phunqe
06-04-04, 13:20
phunqe DP!!! baaad boy :)

Lol, I had to retreat to emergency measures :p

Seems people doesn't understand what I'm talking about, or they are too lazy bothering :D

amfest
06-04-04, 13:24
Umm guys sheesh with the forum this and that ..they are working on it . .they did say give them a week. For your info they had the style thing the first day. there was a style called something dev and it had topics and such in orange. Everything was looking nice to me. It was taken out. I guess they want to wait till they have it ready. Suppoesdly we will have a few selectable styles for the forums so plz everyone don't get their panties in a bunch :D

t0tt3
06-04-04, 13:26
still if we dont say anything then they can say to us..

"You've only yourself to blame! You didnt care then why bother now O_o"

amfest
06-04-04, 13:29
But you see they already said they were going to put it in. It's just that people kept on bringing up new threads about forum this and forum that and let the topic roll right off the page where it says put your ideas and comments about the forum here ... lol. A week is what they asked for. It's been what? a few days?

t0tt3
06-04-04, 13:31
Amfest: we know how they thinks give them a week takes a month give them a month it will take a year give them a year it will take them a century giv..... yea :p

amfest
06-04-04, 13:39
what happened to the style dev at the bottom :(
I was really enjoying the way it was looking in orange and such on the subject lines.
Right now we try to get a clear style looking like the old one did .. we probably will add different styles later ;)was taken from THREADS MERGED (again) - new forum (keep it here please) (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=95843)

phunqe
06-04-04, 14:14
was taken from THREADS MERGED (again) - new forum (keep it here please) (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=95843)

Ok Ok, I forfeit :)

Please feel free to close this poll/thread.

t0tt3
06-04-04, 14:50
well we cant bump old threads can we O_o :angel:

But what is a old thread?

amfest
06-04-04, 15:21
I forgot the exact time limit for a inactive thread to fade away . . but suppoesdly if a thread makes it to the 2nd page you're not suppose to bump I think. But I don't think there would be a problem in adding something to that particular thread since it's an questions, suggestions and answers thread. MIght be good to add something to it instead of people adding all sorts of I hate this about the forum and that and I want this so we keep on getting all these seperate threads when all we need to do is wait a bit since it was already stated they were working on it ;)

Nidhogg
06-04-04, 23:35
Closed at thread starter's request.

N