PDA

View Full Version : Did tech part drops get lowered due to the Storm Bot spawn?

Lanigav
06-04-04, 05:04
Basically the tech part drop has gone clear down the toilet for me regardless of what sector I hunt, time of day, or mobs I fight, since the Storm Bots came in game. I was averaging about 10 parts per 3-4 hour mob hunting session, now I'm lucky if I even get one. The same thing has happened to a few other friends of mine.

Did the drop rate get nerfed (perhaps unintentionally) with the Storm-bot spawn, or is it just me and my friends?

IceStorm
06-04-04, 06:00
10 parts in 4 hours?? What's your kill rate on Warbots, 12 an hour??

In a two hour hunting session out at Battle Dome on an HH 4x4 v.1, my PE will normally get betwen 10 and 20 techparts and several level 3 implants. I maintaned that drop rate even after the STORMbots went in.

Lanigav
06-04-04, 06:10
Well, I can only kill them as fast as they spawn, and I'm on a Scorpion Trike so it goes without saying that I can kill them really fast. In general it seems warbot spawn rate has gone down, and I spend most of my time killing the n00b mobs trying to clear the spawn pool, or moving to different sectors when the spawns won't come up no matter what I do.

I have some good spawn days though and I get to kill considerably more, but the tech part drop is still mighty shit for me. I was still happy to get 10 or so (one day I got 20 in two hours, that was mighty spiff), but now I'm getting little to nothing.

SypH
06-04-04, 06:14
I find is usually random for me. I hunt firemobs with my tank for techs. Yesterday I can away with 14 parts in less than an hour. In the same time tonight I got 3, and tonight I killed alot more higher ranked mobs. Go figure.

LordJammer
06-04-04, 08:55
i had about 20 WBs in 15 mins yesterday, so the spawn should be ok :)
Really fucked them up with my moony :D

In the same time tonight I got 3, and tonight I killed alot more higher ranked mobs. Go figure.
Grims or what?
Grims don't drop techs as often as Doomreapers, so if you kill more Grims, you get less parts :)

Spartan
06-04-04, 09:38
Tech drop rate has gone to hell for me as well. Over 100 warbots killed tonight, 14 tech parts :mad: Not to mention all the damn psi spell parts are really starting to piss me off. I wouldn't mind if those 14 parts were actually good parts....

LordJammer
06-04-04, 09:59
it has been that way before, sometimes you're lucky and get 3 parts from one WB and the other time you don't get anything from 10 WBs...
Its always the same: Apocalypse now: I didn't get rares!!!!!oneone1!1!!11eleven11!1

bounty
06-04-04, 11:08
The biggest rip off tech part speaking right now is in hoverbots. Seriously, you spend such a long time taking these down, AND need a higher level hack, only to find loot even subpar to the lower ranked warbot and warbot titan counterparts. :confused:

Lanigav
06-04-04, 11:40
That's definetely true. The loot you get off of hoverbots for the effort required to kill them is totally unfair.

Things picked up a bit today. Got about 20 parts for 3 hours of hunting, but I had to do some sector "scouring" (i.e. I had to troll entire sectors and kill every single newbie mob in sight in order to get Warbots to spawn semi decently), which was a pain in the ass. I reeeeeally think high level mobs should have their own spawn pool, instead of being a part of the newbie mob pool as well, so spawns are more consistant and reliable.

t0tt3
06-04-04, 12:23
Even the Y-reps gave shit loot and the commander hmm hes sorta nasty with overclip x5 range :eek:

But then again the only new mobs that are worth killing is DoY scouts because of the 40 - 50 k reward if you sell the junk. Other then that WB:s and domies and bigger fire mobs are the only ones that are worth to fight :(

LordJammer
06-04-04, 12:29
i get 200k str xp for a defense unit, i gotta say, i like them =)

Lanigav
06-04-04, 12:46
Unfortunately firemobs aren't really an option for me, due to two things.

A. Their "meteors" which tear vehicles apart. Very important because my tech part hunting character is a vehicle PE.
B. Its pretty much impossible to go firemob hunting in the TG areas without getting a visit from the local friendly Cartel member. Faction politics and power will change there eventually as they do with everything, but for now its pretty much out of the question.

So I'm stuck with warbots.

REMUS
06-04-04, 12:55
I cant take these posts seriously, everyone knows tech drops are random as fuck, so what ur luck wasnt great tonight, i personally get 4 techs cyber eye 3 and xp leg in 20 mins, but that means jack shit.

If there was a decrease whcih im sure there hasnt been, they should tell us in patch notes and if they dont then they should becuase rares are vital to this games econemy.

garyu69
06-04-04, 15:02
Some people in our Clan had drop rate of 30+ in an hour.

It was manic and they have been pretty good at dropping at the moment.

johngreen2000
06-04-04, 15:27
ill tell ya what the problem probably is. Whats your rank? I had a veh PE that was soemwhere around 50/50 maybe 50/55 i dunno. I would use my heavy scorp trike and kill a wb and get 2 techs, then another get 1 then another get none then another get 3 and so on I even killed 1 and got 4 parts 2 diffrent times. For days on end my tech to kill rate was like 75% or greater id get normally get say 10 techs for every 12 wb i killed. Then I capped str con and int and my techs started to look like shit. Kill 10+ some times before I got a part to drop. I hunted for like 2 weeks with my rank somewhere around 55/60 and never in 300-400 wb did I ever have one drop 3 parts at once, I rarely like 1 out of 45 had 2 parts drop and most of the time 1 would drop from every 10. Its probably your rank..people claim rank only matters if your above the mob rank but I think its BS with the higher level mobs. Ive started a new veh PE and lommed my other to pistols. As soon as I hit what I need for the h scorp trike im gonna try it out and see my results.

Original monk
06-04-04, 16:13
ill tell ya what the problem probably is. Whats your rank? I had a veh PE that was soemwhere around 50/50 maybe 50/55 i dunno. I would use my heavy scorp trike and kill a wb and get 2 techs, then another get 1 then another get none then another get 3 and so on I even killed 1 and got 4 parts 2 diffrent times. For days on end my tech to kill rate was like 75% or greater id get normally get say 10 techs for every 12 wb i killed. Then I capped str con and int and my techs started to look like shit. Kill 10+ some times before I got a part to drop. I hunted for like 2 weeks with my rank somewhere around 55/60 and never in 300-400 wb did I ever have one drop 3 parts at once, I rarely like 1 out of 45 had 2 parts drop and most of the time 1 would drop from every 10. Its probably your rank..people claim rank only matters if your above the mob rank but I think its BS with the higher level mobs. Ive started a new veh PE and lommed my other to pistols. As soon as I hit what I need for the h scorp trike im gonna try it out and see my results.

weird thing is that my 82/74 combatspy and my 90/60 hybrid still get decent loot out of warbots/titans ... as in about 10 to 20 in an hour ... sumtimes more ... but certainly not less ...

but my 69/58 apumonkey loots shit at all :/

maybe cause the other 2 hunt at a much faster ratio ... as in they kill loads more wb's at the same time .. i dunno

its weird all yeah

|R@zor|
06-04-04, 17:29
i cant say that its affected the droprate at all, its still very random, i spent 15 minutes earlier on today killed about 5 or 6 warbots, did'nt get any techs until the last one which dropped 3 T's and an XP chest